It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Space Opera Working Thread

page: 256
<< 253  254  255    257  258  259 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by A boy in a dress

I can't help you with that unless there's a NPC still on the Penelope. I was under the impression - memory's failing these days - the Penelope is empty. Now I want to know - I'll go back and see...

Lots to look through brb!

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Oh my... I'm only to page 20 but I might have found something that will help with the Penelope.

Question first though...

Neno... What ended up happening to... (You sitting down?)... To Sargent James. Your... Son...?

Once he was sure the attendant was out of earshot, Sergeant James spoke to the inert form of neno in a commanding tone. "Get yer lazy carcass up out of that bed! There's work to be done, and you're slacking!"

No response from nenothtu.

"Move something, dammit! I need to know you're still in there!"

Still no response. The sergeants comments became plaintive."Do something, neno. Twitch a finger, and eyelid, growl, SOMETHING! Doc says there ain't no reason for you to be layin' there like that." Nothing.

Sergeant James' tone became exasperated and pleading at once. " Dammit Dad, you gotta get out of this. How in the hell am I ever supposed to make you proud of me, if you don't even know what I'm doing? GET UP!" The plea was almost a low wail.

ever so slightly, nenothtu's eyelids fluttered, but didn't open. A low whisper issued from his lips. "Shaddup, kid, or yer gonna let everybody know. Get outta here. I'm Ok now, just tired. Leave me alone so I can get some rest. Get back to yer job." Then he seemed to go slack again.
here

???

Either I'll find the answer and post it or hear from you Neno - either way maybe he's sill out there and can bring the Penelope in.

Plus - I've forgotten the back story on him...

I hope he didn't die.

...back to searching...

Slipping this in cause I just loved it:

Nenothtu looked up when the main power replaced the auxilliary. He looked around him, at the desolation, and without a shred of humor left in him, thumbed his comm button.

"Nenothtu to Slayer: I have a problem with my chair cushion on the bridge. We need to install another bridge around it. You should probably bring one of everything. Except my chair cushion. Nenothtu out."

GENIUS!

edit on 24-10-2011 by silo13 because: laughing too hard to spell

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Something else interesting. If you can stand it, lol. But no really, it is vastly interesting.

You said the Splitter was alive. Going back through the threads I found this. It has NO explanation in the thread. It was stuck in as a 'vision' and that was about that. The quote along side...

I am alive, yet I am dead.
I am a creation with a consciousness.
I am alone with my thoughts.
I am a living key,
an artifact of a world that could have been.

Now look at the pic...

It's the Splitter.

This might change how we chose to continue with the Splitter. What if we can - well, for the lack of a better term - reconstitute him/her/it?

wowza

edit on 24-10-2011 by silo13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Penelope had something on the order of 15,500 crew members. When last we left her, Lt. James was still aboard, there was a captain in the chair (who has since fallen out of writing for the Opera, it seems), Captain Luder was in Sick Bay after having barely made it in alive from his jaunt in which Teresa was killed. Studious was on the run, neno was in a wrecked StarWolf from which the outlawed Studious rescued him, then he blinked out of that existence using the Blue Bauble that Cim gave him, and into this current reality naked as the day he was born in the woods... for the SECOND time in his life, as it turned out!

All of Penelope's writers just stopped writing, except for me, and neno isn't aboard. We can presume Lt. James is still there, along with more or less 15,500 NPC crewmen, but her current captain is AWOL, meaning she hasn't got one, and that would have to be rectified. Nothing was ever specified in the story that the ship was abandoned, just talk of it within this thread.

Starwolf got crunched by the Buzzards. Where is the Maytag Repair Man when you really need him?

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Where was that post at? Need to dig into the context, and see what else falls out.

That pic? It looks like one of those Japanese ghosts!

edit on 2011/10/24 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by silo13
reply to post by nenothtu

That works. To think that neno considered courting that blue woman, and then she turns around and tries to kill him in infancy! Now she scares him, and that seems to be no mean feat. I'll have one of those fatherly talks with him, wherein he is instructed to be more cautious in the women he pursues, blue or not!

That's the thing - there is something - I mean a BIG something going on there between those two and I just so want to know what it is.

So think about it please - should we keep her aboard or not? And the funny thing is I don't think she knows her 'love interest' is the baby she tried to take (for whatever reasons we don't know)...

If you are in contact with the real CindyMars, I believe that what she wants for Cim should have overriding priority as to whether she stays aboard Yydryl or goes off on another Time Jaunt.

As far as the relationship goes, neno was always a bit in awe of her. He'd never have been so presumptuous as to "put the moves" on her, and would be scared stupid of her if he knew what transpired in the cave at his birth - but of course he has no way of knowing that. There's something about a woman that'll kill ya if she can't have ya that sends shivers down me spine. That was the choice she voiced in the cave - either take the infant, or kill it.

edit on 2011/10/24 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 10:11 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

You weren't supposed to make the connection... (BIAD looks
serious)... you're not supposed to know about that.

I'll have a think on how we can make the Splitter 'manifest' into
a being and hopefully bring Carpet from his temporary place inside
Adam.

On another note... I once heard that movie Directors scour sites like
these for storylines... nah, surely not!

edit on 24-10-2011 by A boy in a dress because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 02:08 AM
link   

Cool! So Silo's grandson (gasp) can possibly come save the day!

That is if you want.

Hell, Silo feels old.

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 02:12 AM
link   

If you are in contact with the real CindyMars, I believe that what she wants for Cim should have overriding priority as to whether she stays aboard Yydryl or goes off on another Time Jaunt.

The last time I talked to her she definitely gave me the impression she wanted to stay active and stay 'evil'. So we have two options - keep her on the Yydryl with the thought in mind she's - maybe not with us - OR - she can go to see her parents who she hasn't seen for a long time???

I suppose it's best to wait and see what her character writes for itself.

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 02:14 AM
link   

You weren't supposed to make the connection... (BIAD looks
serious)... you're not supposed to know about that.

I'll have a think on how we can make the Splitter 'manifest' into
a being and hopefully bring Carpet from his temporary place inside
Adam.

Carpet's no problem. Right before they stick Adam into a healing chamber in the recovery bay all that needs be done is for Carpet to come into contact with the Yydryl's floor - wherever it has his old 'material'.

these for story lines... nah, surely not!

I saw that last night on a Cinema preview, lol. I was like 'OMG that's NENO!'

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 03:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by A boy in a dress

these for storylines... nah, surely not!

You know, I was told the very same thing, a couple of months after the Space opera was started, and I didn't believe... but now I've got to wonder... don't trust 'em if they tell you "the check is in the mail"!

Originally posted by silo13

I saw that last night on a Cinema preview, lol. I was like 'OMG that's NENO!'

They got my good side, didn't they?

NOW, because of what you two have said here, I will HAVE to go see this movie to see if the fuss adds up to the Space Opera. Drat. I've not been to see a movie since they invented "talkies", and everyone's voice sounded several different kinds of strange.

No, wait - everyone else in the house will want to go, too. Maybe I'd better wait for the DVD...

ETA: Is that the Splitter on his left arm?

If the aliens in that movie turn out to be man-sized predatory avians, I think we could make a pretty good case... and I have always wanted a winter home in the isles!

edit on 2011/10/25 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 04:03 AM
link   
Sigh.

I wish you hadn't mentioned that flick. It made me curious.

Source

1873. Arizona Territory.

Maybe 8 or 9 years too early, but isn't the Arizona Territory also where one finds... TOMBSTONE?

A stranger... with no memory of his past

the desolate city is attacked by marauders from the sky... these monsters challenge everything the residents have ever known.

Did they say "from the sky"? The SKY? like where birds come from? You know, aliens only pass through the sky, they don't come from it!

Now, the stranger they rejected is their only hope for salvation

Another savior? How many does one universe have room for?

As this gunslinger slowly starts to remember who he is and where he's been, he realizes he holds a secret that could give the town a fighting chance against the alien force

With the help of the elusive traveler Ella,

(still 4 letters in the name, eh BIAD?)

he pulls together a posse comprised of former opponents - townsfolk, Dolarhyde and his boys, outlaws and Apache warriors - all in danger of annihilation.

United against a common enemy, they will prepare for an epic showdown for survival.

Did they say "epic showdown"? Right out loud?

Sigh.

We ought to be writing screenplays for Hollywood... and one must wonder if we aren't....

edit on 2011/10/25 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 08:18 AM
link   

I do hope the approach us and admit that they have 'skimmed' the
storyline from here.
I will be happy with a Printing Shop on Main Street in Tombstone,
a reasonable-sized abode in Kennebunkport and T-shirt shop in
Roswell N.M.

BIAD said he would have a blue dress and Dumpster truck.
(I daren't ask why)

EDIT: I checked your source... It's Neno alright!
edit on 25-10-2011 by A boy in a dress because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 09:04 AM
link   

I do hope the approach us and admit that they have 'skimmed' the
storyline from here.
I will be happy with a Printing Shop on Main Street in Tombstone,
a reasonable-sized abode in Kennebunkport and T-shirt shop in
Roswell N.M.

With just those 3 concessions, you would be a very rich being in no time at all, and it would cost them a mere fraction of their revenues generated - it's a win-win!

I'm not sure what I'd ask for. Maybe the hire of a truck and driver for a weekend. I have an annoying character flaw that has caused me to never have a desire for high finance... well, ANY finance, really. If I'm eating and out of the rain, I'm good.

BIAD said he would have a blue dress and Dumpster truck.
(I daren't ask why)

Well! THERE'S the truck then - assuming BIAD would charge reasonable rates for the weekend... but a BLUE dress? I don't think I'd have the fortitude to ask, either...

EDIT: I checked your source... It's Neno alright!

Western garb... check.

Gray hair... check.

Blue eyes... check.

Scrawny... check.

Junkyard dog mean... check.

Yup, that's neno!

I think Gerard Butler has just been replaced. I hope he doesn't take it too hard...

I KNOW Jack Elam and Gabby Hayes are both breathing sighs of relief!

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 11:10 AM
link   

I KNOW Jack Elam and Gabby Hayes are both breathing sighs of relief!

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   

It may be time I made-up a new avatar for thee.
What do you think?

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   

I think you need to make up a new avatar for you. I'm beginning to like melons. I'm not supposed to like melons. Especially dewy melons...

Anyway - once we get back to the Yydryl - should be any time now - we'll possibly get a transmission from the Penelope? What do you think? Or should we keep it a little simpler at this point - until we're through with the whole Whisper's back - Dark-Lord-Ophie-Big Rip and the Culs problems?

That's an awful lot to write to stay on topic but I mean it I really do.

'Big Rip and the Culs' - garage band anyone?

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 08:59 PM
link   

It may be time I made-up a new avatar for thee.
What do you think?

I think it just may be time - The Wars have slacked up a good bit. Shame I can't claim a victory, since I don't have a body pile to parade, but them's the breaks...

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

I think you need to make up a new avatar for you...

And with the press of a button!
Heh Presto.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 02:19 PM
link   

I agree with you and here's the first one.
I added the glow just to see... what do you think?

Then there's...

I can give you either without the folderoy!
edit on 26-10-2011 by A boy in a dress because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 253  254  255    257  258  259 >>

join