It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Space Opera Working Thread

page: 255
<< 252  253  254    256  257  258 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 02:47 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

I've checked the long-range monitors on the Yydryl... (the ones that are still working!)...
and I can see the Sprint as a thumb nail-size object just off the shoulder of the Daylor
constellation.

Now... I'm just going to look up why I wrote the above nonsense!!

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 02:49 AM
link   
reply to post by A boy in a dress

Good to know! We're almost home. I wonder what we'll find when we get there? If Ernie has already taken care of all the Zombies? (I hope)...

Yeah, we've still got a while before showing up.

I doubt we'll get there in time to see CindyMars - but maybe!

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 03:15 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Dear Mother Hen,
I will attempt to move the 'Cul release and the hopeful vanquishing of Squid-Head'
and move Neno, BIAD and Tibbs on down the line abit.
I accept your broody behaviour and await further instructions of from my 'better'

(Just kidding, so put down the whip!)

edit on 23-10-2011 by A boy in a dress because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 03:44 AM
link   

LOL!
Better? Neeeeva! But 'broody' yeah. I'd attempt further humor but using 'sit' and 'on' in the sentence including you and Neno could cause a post ban.

Between then and now I'm wondering what to do with CindyMars. I know she doesn't want to be on the Yydryl. She also (for real, I mean the person) gravitates at the moment to 'evil Cindy mars' - ever since the encounter with Silo having Neno and her involvement there.

We don't know to date why Evil Cindy Mars was there trying to 'get' Neno - and why the Rootak told her the baby died. We doo know the Rootak HATE alien grays. Just tossing that in to confuse the issue.

Time for her to high-tale it away I'd think?

On another note: I can't wait to ask - are you including Whisper in your posts? I'd love a 'sneak peak' but I guess I'll have to wait.

I can't imagine what 'side' she's on - her loyalty would say to the Yydryl, Neno, BIAD (have they met? I'm waiting for you to sneak that in!!!) Silo, Carpet, etc. But with the DL being her dad??

Cliff Hangers...

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 03:57 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

How about Whisper being on our side and yet, having an ulterior motive of
wanting to usurp her Dad's control over the Flayer-clones?
That way, the Yydryl can be manouvered 'close' to the Tower scene and yet, safe
from the Dark Lord's grasp... and Neno may get to bag himself some Zombies!

Edit: One can only guess the word 'swivel' would be utilised in that possibly -banned
post!

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 04:17 AM
link   

Fab idea... That would really fit in well with the old story line that kind of dropped off. Nice to clean that up. Speaking of cleaning up. Have to go wash my keybaord... Something about 'swivel' caught in my throat.

NOTES: (Damn sometimes it's hard to keep thing straight)...

So Whisper is there in the Tower. She's on 'our' side. Chumley will absolutely come unglued when he sees Whisper again. Wow. That will be great.

Quora and Y'lrang are 'making up' - and it's about time for Y'lwren to go back to her 'original form.'

The Sprint is almost to the Yydryl. And once they arrive they'll be heading right back is Sslar and Silo have anything to say about it. I see a showdown looking there - not sure why yet.

CindyMars - leave or stay, we'll see I guess. I hope she doesn't get killed as then we'll never know...

Deson is dead and a pile a Zombie doo by now. Someone's going to have to step into his shoes once they get back. Someone to help run the Yydryl mechanics that act with the Bio part of her but still needs help.

What else? Dang, my greens are boiling over I'll have to finish this later.

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 05:16 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Yeah... Whisper can be at The Tower and awaiting her cue to enter the scene.
I hope Neno didn't mind me adding a little 'back-then' routine in my last posting,
but a sudden urge came upon me and like you... my greens started to boil over!

Onwards Missy!

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 06:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by A boy in a dress
reply to post by silo13

I've checked the long-range monitors on the Yydryl... (the ones that are still working!)...
and I can see the Sprint as a thumb nail-size object just off the shoulder of the Daylor
constellation.

Now... I'm just going to look up why I wrote the above nonsense!!

OMG! You're picking up "signals" from another dimension bleeding through to this one as described in the video in the OP of this thread.

The plot just gets thicker and thicker...

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 07:04 AM
link   
reply to post by nenothtu

'Thicker and thicker' is a perfect description of our poor BIAD...
I caught him chewing the curtains again -Friday gone.
A disgusting habit -you'll agree.

Anyway, he's laying those painted nails down on the keyboard
again and that at least, is something.

Onwards troop... onwards!

(P.S) will you tell us one day how you got away from Trantor's compound?

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 09:19 AM
link   

reply to post by silo13

How about Whisper being on our side and yet, having an ulterior motive of
wanting to usurp her Dad's control over the Flayer-clones?

Nothing like a little patricide to lighten the mood, eh?

Now, whisper would be on "our" side if she wants to take over the family business in the sense that we're both gunning for the Dark Lord... but what happens when he's vanquished?

Oh my!

I'm gonna burn me some Light warriors, just to make whatever comes a bit more manageable...

Also, for ErnieBen and the zombies, I've got the first encounter already written in my head, and it's pretty doggone short, as encounters go - someone need to kiss Clone Antar goodnight...

The rest of them, however, I've not got a clue on as yet, which is why I've been slacking on the post. I'm thinking a Hitchcock-like literary device may be in order. You know the kind - the sort that lets the reader's imagination run wild without getting too detailed...

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by silo13

Fab idea... That would really fit in well with the old story line that kind of dropped off. Nice to clean that up. Speaking of cleaning up. Have to go wash my keybaord... Something about 'swivel' caught in my throat.

Lucky you! It caught in my MIND! Somehow it got associated with "hoist", and I may never be right again... I'm due for my yearly brainwashing, so it will probably be ok...

The Sprint is almost to the Yydryl. And once they arrive they'll be heading right back is Sslar and Silo have anything to say about it. I see a showdown looking there - not sure why yet.

ErnieBen will be chomping at the cigar to get "back" as well, so he won't be a problem... but he may be a "problem solver" if there are dissidents... Adam and Dag will likely stay on Yydryl, since Adam has to recuperate and I don't see Dag abandoning him to go kill zombies - especially considering his current, zombie-like, state. ErnieBen, of course, may have some "issues" with that state, in light of his current pursuits...

CindyMars - leave or stay, we'll see I guess. I hope she doesn't get killed as then we'll never know...

Can't kill her off - it's in the rules at the start of this thread. Only CindyMars can kill Cim off, so she may have to go on another jaunt to elsewhen if she doesn't want to stay passed out drunk aboard Yydryl.

Deson is dead and a pile a Zombie doo by now.

Do zombies even leave little "presents" like that? I honestly don't know - I've never seen it addressed in the zombie flicks...

Someone's going to have to step into his shoes once they get back. Someone to help run the Yydryl mechanics that act with the Bio part of her but still needs help.

Neno may be talked into it - I'm not sure yet. He can't really go back to Penelope, since she's all but a Ghost Ship now. Neno is the last lone survivor of her crew, and he doesn't much like that feeling. He may go into retirement... or he may go hunting for Freddy... I dunno. we ain't there yet.

edit on 2011/10/23 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 10:15 AM
link   

reply to post by silo13

I hope Neno didn't mind me adding a little 'back-then' routine in my last posting,

No problem - it was a great read! I don't know about actually ripping a throat out like that, but I'm told it can be done. There is a way - if you're fast enough - to get a good enough grip on an Adam's Apple that you can make a man do nearly anything you want him to, and he'll not fuss a bit, despite both hands being free. There's a slight trick to it beyond mere speed. I told a fellow that once, and he scoffed, saying "that only works in movies. If it's me, and my hands are free, I'll get ya". After I frog-marched him around his desk and across the room using just such a maneuver, he had cause to believe otherwise. I even asked him if he felt like hitting me, since both hands were free. Every time he started to raise a hand, I tweaked that Adam's Apple just the tiniest bit, and he declined. Based upon that incident, and having been told that it CAN be done, I'll not nay say the throat-ripping.

Light Warriors as "slow-witted clones of The Dark Lord"... ROFLMAO! I gotta wonder where THAT came from...

(P.S) will you tell us one day how you got away from Trantor's compound?

That. my good man, is a story all it's own, and to be reserved for the telling around campfires, in hushed tones.

I once knew a man who spent 3 weeks captive in a pit in the ground with a wrought iron grate over it, suffering unspeakable torments from his captors. I'd like to be able to tell a Hero's Tale about it, but the simpler fact was he was sprung out, nearly dead, by an assault team of his brothers. Had it not been for them, he'd not be alive to tell the tale today.

Some times, the hero of the tale gets into a bind that he just can't get himself out of. At such times, it's best to be in the company of men who will never leave a comrade behind, living or dead - and yes, such men really DO exist, even in this day and age when chivalry is dead. It's not just a Ranger slogan.

edit on 2011/10/23 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Light Warriors as "slow-witted clones of The Dark Lord"... ROFLMAO!
I gotta wonder where THAT came from...

I have no idea

It must be a glitch in the thread-making.
On another note, it may be time to let Neno loose on the Flayers... hold on
to your nieghbour, folks!

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 11:31 AM
link   

On another note, it may be time to let Neno loose on the Flayers... hold on
to your nieghbour, folks!

If he kills them, will that make him a flayer slayer?

If he skins them alive, will that make him a flayer flayer?

If he chases them around the tower, giggling like a school girl, will that make him a flayer player?

It it really obvious that I've been awake for too long at a stretch this time?

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 12:09 PM
link   

I concur with your diagnosis regarding your length of time being awake!!

Please remember to add that if you create a lab on the peak of a storm-lashed
mountainside and crossed a Flayer with Deson... would you get a Flayer-Neigher?

I'll get my coat.

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Can't kill her off - it's in the rules at the start of this thread. Only CindyMars can kill Cim off, so she may have to go on another jaunt to elsewhen if she doesn't want to stay passed out drunk aboard Yydryl.

Not to splice hairs but Masqua changed those rules to anyone who hasn't posted in a month and has obviously left the storyline... NOT that I'd want CindyMars gone though!

I'll try to get in touch with her and see if she has any suggestions. Last I knew she still liked the 'evil side' so we can at least stick with that for a bit - wherever that brings her!

BIAD Dropping a line was purely genius!

Neno 'Hoist' was purely...well..naughty, lol.

See ya on the flip side! It's close on ten here and I've been up since 0400. NIGHT NIGHT!

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Or crossing one with a rein deer would produce the other sort of Flayer-Slayer... a Flayer Sleigher! Sorry 'bout that - I've just woke up from a solid 6 hours of sleep so sound it would have killed a mere mortal, and so I no longer have any excuse for that...

Originally posted by silo13

Not to splice hairs but Masqua changed those rules to anyone who hasn't posted in a month and has obviously left the storyline... NOT that I'd want CindyMars gone though!

You're right, of course... I plead insanity, overwork, and the aforementioned lack of sleep, in that order.

I'll try to get in touch with her and see if she has any suggestions. Last I knew she still liked the 'evil side' so we can at least stick with that for a bit - wherever that brings her!

That works. To think that neno considered courting that blue woman, and then she turns around and tries to kill him in infancy! Now she scares him, and that seems to be no mean feat. I'll have one of those fatherly talks with him, wherein he is instructed to be more cautious in the women he pursues, blue or not!

Do you reckon it was something he said in the bar, or was it the salacious wink?

Neno 'Hoist' was purely...well..naughty, lol.

I plead insanity and lack of sleep again, and may throw in malnourishment as a kicker...

See ya on the flip side! It's close on ten here and I've been up since 0400. NIGHT NIGHT!

So THAT'S how I catch you on here, and you a third of the way around the planet! I'm like a vampire - sleep all day and stalk all night, and just woke up at around 7:30 PM - I mean, the sun was down, so why wait?

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 01:26 AM
link   

BIAD - I feel like your groupie now, lol. I really enjoyed the 'sulking meat' and this last 'dropping a line' in your posts. You have a way of doing what I so want to do. Taking the everyday and the obvious and turning it into something magical. I really hope by spending time interacting with you and Neno on this project I'll ream to do some of the same. I'd say something about rubbing off but there we go with those naughty posts again.

Between now and whenever I've got a question for you both. The kid who 'dropped a line' - are you thinking of making him a regular character? I'd love to see him on the Yydryl with his family. (What's left of them).

OR

Why couldn't the Penelope take the refugees? I can see (easily) Quorra, Y'Lrang, Y'lwren taking the Penelope. I don't know what that would mean but it might work out later?

I would presume (sink me) space Ships are like sea vessels and whoever finds them gets them kind of thing.

Something to ponder.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 01:28 AM
link   

That works. To think that neno considered courting that blue woman, and then she turns around and tries to kill him in infancy! Now she scares him, and that seems to be no mean feat. I'll have one of those fatherly talks with him, wherein he is instructed to be more cautious in the women he pursues, blue or not!

That's the thing - there is something - I mean a BIG something going on there between those two and I just so want to know what it is.

So think about it please - should we keep her aboard or not? And the funny thing is I don't think she knows her 'love interest' is the baby she tried to take (for whatever reasons we don't know)...

edit on 24-10-2011 by silo13 because: oosp

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 09:29 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Imagine that I haven't read this tale and don't know where the
Penelope is or what the crew is like at this moment... (Tut-tut BIAD,
you haven't anyway! Yeah, but Silo doesn't know that...
I shouldn't have written that)
How could we get the Penelope to Carbiox in time to take the
families aboard?
GIVE ME THE LOW-DOWN woman and stop the 'rubbing -off'
inuendos! BIAD blushes very easily!

edit on 24-10-2011 by A boy in a dress because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 252  253  254    256  257  258 >>

join