It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Space Opera Working Thread

page: 25
<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by questioningall
reply to post by nenothtu

Arresting yourself...................hhhmmmm.

I don't think anyone else but the captain COULD have arrest me, authority-wise. Somebody had to.... it's for the good of the ship!

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by mf_luder

I know this new crisis just reared its ugly head but unfortunately I have to go to Seoul today and will not be able to post for a majority of the day.

They must NOT get the ship.

lol

Good luck guys.

watch your six. I read what happened to South Korea in your historical overview!

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 06:10 PM
link   
YES

I get to use the "everybody lies" quote.

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 06:15 PM
link   
I'm beginning to get a sneaky suspicion that Studious may not LIKE nenothtu!

Looks like he's about to take over security, whether the Captain likes it or not. Anybody up for Mutiny, part II

And to think neno is unarmed and behind bars, helpless as a lamb...

Then again, 'unarmed' may be a relative thing...

[edit on 2009/3/24 by nenothtu]

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Ha ha

How's that for a story twist....

Not like you didn't see it coming though.

See you guys in a few hours....

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 06:36 PM
link   

.....mutiny....

I don't think Studious would do such a thing. He's too honor-bound to codes and such. He's like a violent Spock.

LOL

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Patience.

Upon our arrival, it will be clear how they will be addressed.

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Hoary Bent Cygnus Cross, you've all been busy today!

I've some major ketchup to shake out.

On the Penelope Story Recap and if it potentially causes a problem:

Every post on ATS has a link in the bottom right corner which takes you to the Creative Commons Deed. Clicking on it will show you that each post is equally owned by the website and the poster.

What that protects against is someone using your material for financial gain without both ATS and the poster giving permission. That you have created this 'ship's log' for the purpose a clear history and posted it into ATSMedia should not be a concern.

UNLESS: it was used as a template for a publishing project or even just posted on another website (especially one that has advertising revenue and can see monetary gain from the posting). Then it would require the permission of ATS Administrators as well as every poster who contributed content to that manifesto.

As it stands now and in the context of its primary purpose, I really don't see a problem with it.

Damn good of you to mention your concerns, though.

[edit on 24/3/09 by masqua]

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 10:32 PM
link   
For a second there I thought Theresa was going to be history.

(By the way: Studious is way more injured than he let anyone know. He was caught up by the idea of getting revenge and left sickbay severely injured.

After all, of everyone that was outside the ship at the time of Adamant Resolve Studious was the only one to survive. So he should be really, really beat up.)

[edit on 24-3-2009 by Studious]

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 12:12 AM
link   
Neno may wind up in the brig for a while. I'm preparing for a massive implosion here at my house in the real world, and so my posts may get sporadic for a bit. I hope not, and I'm doing what I can to keep everything on an even keel here.

If I'm not heard from for a week, you may want to start considering killing neno off. Spectacular and heroic would be nice, but base and dishonorable will work just as well.

That being said, don't kill me off yet, I'm still kickin' and screamin'! I ain't sure where I'll be standing when the dust settles, all I know is that I WILL still be standing.

nenothtu out

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 03:56 AM
link   

......!

You can't leave!

LOL

No really, though. I hope you get stuff straightened out, man. If you need someone to vent to - you have my email.

[edit on 25-3-2009 by mf_luder]

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 04:03 AM
link   
Hi All -

I want to thank everyone so far who’s contributing to the Space Opera.

I’ve never participated in a *collaboration* before - but I find it vastly interesting.
How people work off each other (or not) - how a simple story line just seems to be creating by it’s own volition.
It’s really fascinating.

Ok call me simple, but I really enjoy it...

Thank you All!

[edit on 25-3-2009 by silo13]

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 04:06 AM
link   
Nenothtu -

Oh...

You will be missed...

I hope all works out for you in *rl*.
So sorry you’re going...
The Space Opera wont be the same without you...

Take care...

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 04:36 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Nay - I heartily agree with you.

I've been in a writer's block for a very long time and I have literally tons of my own fiction story written that I haven't touched in a while.

This has proven to be a valuable creative spark and outlet for me.

I'm glad there is so much participation and activity on the subject.

[edit on 25-3-2009 by mf_luder]

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 05:43 AM
link   
The quote

"To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important"
Is a quote from Stargate SG-1 said by Teal'c

I modified this quote from the Movie The Ghost Breakers (An old black and white movie with Bob Hope in it.)

"It's worse than horrible, because a zombie has no will of his own. You see them sometimes, walking around blindly with dead eyes following orders. Not knowing what they do, not caring."- Geoff Montgomery (played by Ricard Carlson.)

You can tell I like to pay homage to a lot of other works

Plus the post also has a "Deny Ignorance" theme, the motto of ATS.

[edit on 25-3-2009 by Studious]

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 05:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Studious

Something that keeps bugging me - not a biggie, but just curious.

As luder never once mentioned the name Theresa to anyone on the ship, nor made his past relations with her known to anyone... how could Studious possibly know about her?

The UEF doesn't keep "girlfriends" on record.

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 06:13 AM
link   

Something that keeps bugging me - not a biggie, but just curious.

As luder never once mentioned the name Theresa to anyone on the ship, nor made his past relations with her known to anyone... how could Studious possibly know about her?

The UEF doesn't keep "girlfriends" on record.

I'm confused here is part of Page 2 of the Story thread

"Hello Luder." Her voice came across the speakers with an unusual clarity.

"Theresa? What are you doing here?"

"What else would I be doing here, Luder? I'm defending these people's right to freedom. That's what I'm doing." Her words took a minute to sink in.

"What freedom? Freedom under the Praetorian Guard? That's no freedom, Theresa, you know better than that."

The battle raged outside the Penelope as their conversation continued, the triangles, the fighters and the blasts from Seeker's intimate conversion with the Penelope. In all of that storm of activity, the Nimitz silently slid closer.

"I can't let you leave here, Luder. You already know too much." Theresa's voice sounded like ice.

"It doesn't have to be this way, Theresa. You know as well as I do what the Cents have done. What they are doing. You don't want to do this, please..." Luder clenched the edges of the armrests on the command station.

"I'm sorry, Luder. It is time." The line went dead.

On the screens, fighters started pouring out of the bays on the Nimitz, six squadrons worth, just as many as the Penelope.

Initiate anti-fighter fire. Engine room, prepare damage control parties. Medical bays, prepare for casualities. Navigation, hold position until those triangles and fighters are dealt with.

"Colonel Studious, prepare boarding ships. As soon as we get an opening, we're taking that ship back."

The whole Bridge exchange between the Captain and Theresa. She sounded like she knew the Captain very well. Since she responds to the question, I assumed that it was not a thought but talking. The name was mentioned and Studious was on the bridge so was Seeker.

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 06:27 AM
link   

Taking care of RL is priority #1.

Any killing to be done will be, as previously mentioned, through U2U agreement with NATURE. I sincerely hope it doesn't come to that, neno, but if it's what you need to do, I totally understand.

Stay in the brig and out of action for a while. You ARE an exceptional character in the story and your help has given the Penelope a reality no-one could have expected. A week or two of you in solitary confinement may see neno back on the deck with a passion.

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 06:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Studious

Oh.

LOL

Sorry

Long day.

You're right.

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 06:42 AM
link   

Don't worry about it, no problem.

Originally posted by nenothtu

If Neno does have to leave we could use stasis instead of death. That gives him a way to come back if he wants to.

Link to Stasis Idea

Sort of like a deep freeze.

new topics

top topics

<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join