It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Space Opera Working Thread

page: 247
<< 244  245  246    248  249  250 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Oh noes! Adam has got all corpsified and zombieified! Sounds like a leprosy victim, what with parts in danger of falling of and whatnot. Given neno's favorite sport of zappin' zombies, this presents him quite a quandary - zap the zombie, or leave it be 'cause it's Adam? What if he finds out that it's partly his childhood "blankie" to boot? Or his "Pa"?

Oh, the inhumanity of it all!

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 03:54 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

The little Sprint deposited it's cargo (Adam, Dag, etc) leaving the Green Man aboard in it's 'navigation' capacity.
From there would we assume the Green Man with it's mission completed would go back to the Yydryl?

I think we can accept that the broach was taken and replaced around Sslar's neck... we can
have a little leeway with that one!
I know the Reader will be sat on their balcony with a glass of red wine and a fine cigar
Right now, they will be nodding at that the part where the Green Man amulet is laid in the stones and
they'll think to themselves -as they glance up at the last of the sun's rays... "ah yes, the Xang cat would
think ahead like that, and so would Adam!"

If not, the envelopes full of money will be in the post tomorrow.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 02:26 AM
link   
Please forgive any impression of shallowness in regards of the episode
in Dealey Plaza, I meant no harm.
It was a 'nod' to a chap called 'Rising Against' -who writes fine threads about
that tragic day.

I'm formulating a story about this Settlement and I know that it must involve
Neno's skills as a Gunslinger and slayer!
If... and when we find this device, where next? The Dark Lord seems quite a
influential squid and I'm sure Death would enjoy someone with such organisational
skills!

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 03:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by A boy in a dress
Please forgive any impression of shallowness in regards of the episode
in Dealey Plaza, I meant no harm.
It was a 'nod' to a chap called 'Rising Against' -who writes fine threads about
that tragic day.

I'm formulating a story about this Settlement and I know that it must involve
Neno's skills as a Gunslinger and slayer!
If... and when we find this device, where next? The Dark Lord seems quite a
influential squid and I'm sure Death would enjoy someone with such organisational
skills!

I'm thinking that neno might send him directly to Death, and with any luck, Tibbs and Mucklebone will have "the right stuff" to reverse the Big Rip and save Time, The Universe, and Everything once they've got the splitter gizzy.

Once the universe is saved and no one recalls it was ever in danger (assuming that time factors in to the equation), the next leg of the journey may involve the problems caused when neno sends The Dark Lord to Death... you KNOW that can't turn out well, right?

Neno can be such a bumbler at times to be King of Life, The Universe, and Everything!

Another thought - when the universe is safe, will all the legends that have grown around "The Neo" remain intact, but have been transformed to a purely legendary and mystical religion, since the reality behind them will have "never happened"?

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 06:45 AM
link   
reply to post by nenothtu

That's the way to go... a new page, all clean and ready to stain!
I'll get on it a.s.a.p.

Once the universe is saved and no one recalls it was ever in danger (assuming that time factors
in to the equation), the next leg of the journey may involve the problems caused when neno sends
The Dark Lord to Death... you KNOW that can't turn out well, right?

I was thinking that myself... feed him to the big fella -and it get's you off the application form.

Another thought - when the universe is safe, will all the legends that have grown around
"The Neo" remain intact, but have been transformed to a purely legendary and mystical religion,
since the reality behind them will have "never happened"?

Oh I'm sure the legends will go on, but as shown here on ATS...
did it happen long ago?
Is it something that'll happen in the future?
This 'Neo' guy...? do you have pics he ever existed?
Those tales will become things old men tell their grand-kids when camping under
the summer stars.

I mean... come on, Death with staffing problems? A ancient Gray who really belongs
in a Nudist Colony? A busty Barmaid with a lust for a blond-guy who belongs in The Rocky Horror
Show?!
A green cat that's smarter than the average bear, a dwarf who thinks he's Martin Sheen's character
from 'West Wing'?
A girl who impersonates a boy -and Christmas Pantomimes are months away AND a bad-tempered
guy with a twitchy trigger-finger and a reluctance to rule all.
It's 2011, so the 'guy in a dress and wig' could probably get under the wire and be believed.

It's a big tale and it's gonna need a big chunk of belief to make that jump.
Hold our hands -readers and remember, the fall'll kill yer'!

edit on 7-9-2011 by A boy in a dress because: Left 'Smart-Mouth' in Edit Room.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by A boy in a dress

I can see it now... neno and an archaeologist walk into a bar (the archaeologist is of course carrying a duck and a frog under his arm, to make the joke funny)...

The archaeologist says "I can't understand the universality of the Neo Mythos. Just a month or two ago, I found a mural in an ancient temple showing the Neo fighting a dragon, and there was this big green cat, a dress-wearing guy, and a bearded dwarf involved in the picture, and I can't quite figure out their involvement, but it's there nonetheless, and the Mythos IS universal - this was on an abandoned planet no one has been to in millenia..."

neno takes another draught of his brew, not bothering to remove the foamy moustache produced by that, and says "naw. yer funnin' me... you KNOW religions are ALL bunk, and fantasy based, right? How can there be a universal fantasy?" as he scratches Sslar behind the ears for eating the duck and the frog...

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 12:13 PM
link   

The alternative... (by the way, that joke-scenario had me in stitches!)... is that Nenothtu
takes a ride into the big city and grabs a job as a Journalist in a well-known newspaper.
There's a girl -not unlike Silo except with dark hair, she's a regular gal who seeks the Pulitzer
Prize for a shady Land deal that's going down on the West Coast.

Anyway, unknown to Neno, his Nemesis is a strange figure called Lex Dark-Lord and eventually,
after wooing the female Reporter and bungling his way around the office, he goes off to face this
Dark-Lord character because he's been fooling around with two IBMs and one of them is aimed
at Silo's red rental car.

Nenothtu can be seen running into an alleyway and tearing his shirt open, there on his broad
chest is his logo... a grinning face with a ridiculous wig on top.

A possible movie plot...? nah, too far-fetched

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Wouldn't he have to be able to read and write to hold down a job as a journalist? Then again, he's done a fine job of faking this "godling hero" gig so far... could have potential!

Careful what you write - I hear through the grapevine that screenwriters regularly troll ATS for new ideas to write about... just remember, it was YOUR idea first, and the proof is in this post.

Bookmark it for future copyright battles.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 08:49 AM
link   

I just read Silo's posting and I see you nearly got the opportunity to
take Adam's head off at the neck! Chumley- he's just a big green
spoilsport!

Anyway... what as our li'l friend got up her sleeve now?

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by A boy in a dress

Anyway... what as our li'l friend got up her sleeve now?

Probably bits-n-pieces of Adam that are gonna need to be re-attached later!

What if Carpet doesn't work that way - reattaching the old parts, I mean, but regenerating new parts, like frogs and salamanders and such do? Adam could be a self-repairing biomachine now that never wears out!

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   

... Adam could be a self-repairing biomachine now that never wears out!

Well that'll save on any re-writes or dodging of fights!
Lose an arm...? who yer' gonna call?!!

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 12:58 AM
link   

What if Carpet doesn't work that way - reattaching the old parts, I mean, but regenerating new parts, like frogs and salamanders and such do? Adam could be a self-repairing biomachine now that never wears out!

Seems to me that's how it would work - as long as Carpet is 'in there' somewhere. At some point though he's going to need to get back to the YYdryl - and faster than we'd like probably - I've a 'feeling' if Carpet is 'in there' too long he risks joining with the core of Adam - nothing either of them want at all!

SO - What are you two going to cook up for the Splitter and the BR? Yes, I'm throwing that in your laps and will gladly write support but I've honestly NO IDEA what the Big Rift and Splitter is all about sooooo I'll learn right along with the others!

Happy Friday!

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Just stopping by. I wish that I had time to catch up with the story.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by cindymars

Hi You! I just posted about your character this morning.
Silo misses CindyMars and your chocolate cake!

Your character at the moment is on the Yydryl with your handyman Ernie from the cabin - also Squatch and Milli are there with you. You four are alone on Ship (not even Carpet is there) holed up in the Swamp trying to figure out how to battle the zombies (all the old characters/loose ends) while at the same time the Yydryl is 'sick'.

We've left that story line open and 'on hold' waiting for you to come back soooo you're still going strong!

GREAT to see you!!!

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Phew! two li'l Bogles... inner-earth type buggers... who'd have thought it!

Now for 'Tall Town' A mile-high fortress-type structure that holds who-knows-what
and I think we should hunker down and say a small prayer for our heroes...
who know what awaits!

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 05:20 AM
link   

I think we can accept that the broach was taken and replaced around Sslar's neck... we can
have a little leeway with that one!
I know the Reader will be sat on their balcony with a glass of red wine and a fine cigar
Right now, they will be nodding at that the part where the Green Man amulet is laid in the stones and
they'll think to themselves -as they glance up at the last of the sun's rays... "ah yes, the Xang cat would
think ahead like that, and so would Adam!"

Sorry I've got this really stuck in my craw. I read back through the Standing Stone posts and my eyes must be broken but I don't see this part - where Sslar put the necklace on the Stones?

I'm trying to get to the bottom of it cause Silo needs her necklace back, lol.

*wink*

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 09:35 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

...The small man pushed his beard over his left shoulder as he stooped to place the amulet from
his satchel into the pebble-surrounded circle. The 'sister-broach' that Sslar had kept dangling
from his fur-wrapped neck, was placed beside it by Mucklebones...

Thar she blows!

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 12:41 AM
link   

Thank you so much! Gawd my eyes were turning inside out!

So I would assume - and like you said before - that Sslar has it back around her neck.

GREAT!!!

Thank you again,
have a good day...

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Picture of the Tower of the Dark Lord's coming... gimme 2 or 3 hours to render it out... maybe for once I'll meet the story deadline for a picture!

Speaking of "Dark Lords", I watched "the Fifth Element" again last night... which has a universe-destroying "Dark Lord in it!

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 12:19 AM
link   
Dark Lord's Tower - Talltown Annex:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b98816f22cad.jpg[/atsimg]

I situated it on the shore of one of Carbiox's oceans (background, beyond the trees). The mountains of the mines would be behind the viewer. The tallest of the trees is about 150 feet tall ( ~ 10 stories), giving some idea of the scale of the tower.

Credits:

Rendering software - Terragen 2

Most plants - Xfrog, as modified and converted by me

Some plants - genuine originals, neno

Tower - Dandel-O's Alien Gaudi Tower, as modified by me (stretched 500% in the vertical direction, all other dimensions original).

Composition - me.

edit on 2011/9/14 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 244  245  246    248  249  250 >>

join