It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Space Opera Working Thread

page: 237
<< 234  235  236    238  239  240 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 12:57 AM
link   
One thing I wanted to bring to light before we go on.

If everyone from the Opera's 'past' is now zombiefied and ready to walk the Yydryl - the only person we haven' 'wrapped up' is CindyMars. I've written her an email and asked her what we want to do with her Character.

Beyond that one last plot series that's not tied up is - yes, believe it or not - Cindy's map.

When Silo and Cindy were in the Center Silo stumbled on Cindy's map. Something she got reallly pissed off over Silo seeing. This map was an item one of the (many) Captains was looking for - through space and time - forages and something VERY important - but of course it was never figured out why or what.

Here's the map.

Could this be the very map Tibbs is speaking of??? If so it would be a great way to wrap up those last loose ends. If not? Wellll we'll have to see...

Have a good weekend!

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 11:27 AM
link   
I was thinking about Mucklebones while I was moving some gear in my garden
and as I lifted a large stone, I discovered a hole that led away to who-knows-where.
In the gloom of that hole, I saw this...

Who'd have thought it?!

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by A boy in a dress

Holy **** that's one ugly thing... And NOT where our Chumley got his looks!

I'm waiting to hear back from Cindymars - She doesn't want her character 'outed' and might return depending on her schedule, or, at the least ask us to 'play' in her place...

Good Weekend All!

And BIAD, I think I have a insect repellent that might work for those ugly things you've got under your rocks...

(Why did that just sound so not right)???

lol

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

And BIAD, I think I have a insect repellent that might work for those ugly things you've got
under your rocks... (Why did that just sound so not right)???

I have some and it does sound 'not so right'!!!

BIAD is now giggling and has gone off to explore the area... I just hope he doesn't
start eating worms again.

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 02:15 AM
link   

"Lock and load..." he muttered and stepped towards the Mine shaft with his entourage
"... yer' gotta lot to answer for, Margot"

Wow, this makes me wonder if Margo wasn't supposed to send Silo back to her 'body in the p.h.a.r.s!' Hmmm, I wonder - maybe Margo did a bad thing?

:O :O :O

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Damn.

Deson has been killed by monsters infesting the Yydryl, and his guts eaten.

Damn.

Neno want's an old fashioned chemically powered 12 gauge shotgun before he gets back to Yydryl. A SPAS-12 would be nice, but a Mossberg M509-A1, with mounted bayonet, will do. In a pinch, a Russian Saiga 12 gauge with several spare box magazines will suffice.

I hope he doesn't have to burn down the Ship's Center in order to smoke 'em all out. Either way, they're gonna die, and die horribly.

I'm thinking that has potential for the next crisis after the Universe is saved from the Dark Lord!

edit on 2011/6/1 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by nenothtu

Well it's sad, really, but he was infested with the Dark Lord already - and honestly - those cocoons have been around WAY too long are were just smelling too ripe to keep them on the back burner.

So, all the old characters, Captains, story liens, etc? Might as well make a clean sweep of the whole deal - cocoons and Dark Lord and Big Rip etc in one fell swoop.

Plus I've got my eye on a flame thrower...always wanted to use a flame thrower...zombies or not they gonna burn...

After the hell-mines that is...

Oh - and - I've got NO IDEA why Ship ended up lapping up and gaining strength from the blood seepage, but, that wrote itself.

Edit to Add: The mounted bayonet was a nice touch...will have to take that into consideration, strap it to my flame thrower...

edit on 1-6-2011 by silo13 because: See edit above

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   
By the by - I HOPE in the hell-scenes Dark Lord thingy we keep in mind the characters strengths (and weaknesses)...and use them to their fullest... I kind of got this Fantastic Five thing going on in my head...

Neno - Gunman extraordinaire...

BIAD - a multitude of sins he can whip out of his magic hat along with those nails and wig..

Silo - Good with a knife and morphing... (?)

Adam - His hypnotic eyes/mind-reading capabilities...

Dag - Oh my, um... I'm having a blank moment - beyond her power with/over animals...

Chumley - Creature of strength and loyalty and blends in real well with potted ferns...

Y'Lrang - Brute force with a mind to boot...

Y'lwren - Can slip in and out of almost anywhere in that shaggy dog suite of hers...

Tibbs? - Eeek!

Sslar - Double Eek!

Who else?

Oh, Carpet, but, we're not even sure he'll show up yet...

Anyway, just making myself a 'working-thread' reminder... What say you?

edit on 1-6-2011 by silo13 because: bold

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by silo13

Plus I've got my eye on a flame thrower...always wanted to use a flame thrower...zombies or not they gonna burn...

Flamethrower. Cocoons. I can see how that would work!

Edit to Add: The mounted bayonet was a nice touch...will have to take that into consideration, strap it to my flame thrower...

Wasn't kidding - or being fantastic, either. Here's a real-world example of a Mossberg M590-A1 with bayonet mounted:

As jayne Cobb said on the "Our Mrs. Reynolds" episode of Firefly: "Her name is Vera. She is my very favorite gun."

Edit to add: It also has a laser mounted - that's the little black cylinder near the muzzle. The Soviet era Ushanka hat sitting on top of a box to the left was a nice touch, I think.

edit on 2011/6/1 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   

VERY COOL!

By the way - the cocoons? They've all 'hatched' - but Flamethrower VS Zombies is all cool!

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Does it squirt water...? I don't mind the ones that squirt water.
Those guns that make loud noises and can cause terrible fingernail
problems during the recoil should really be banned.

I mean, imagine you're stepping quietly through the undergrowth with your
best shoes and dress on and 'Ker-blam!!' the elk that you've been tracking
hit's the floor with it's fine set of antlers ready to hang your favourite bras on.

Then you look down and see that you've cracked a nail... now what?
I can assure you that the chortles and snickering back at the bivouac will
make one wish for one of those 'squirty' brightly-coloured weapons.

I am fitting in... aren't I, Neno?!

edit on 2-6-2011 by A boy in a dress because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 11:03 AM
link   

That particular one does NOT squirt water. I think it's broken or something. It squirts itty bitty lead things, most of them no larger than your thumb. I wouldn't take it elk or deer hunting, because it tends to scare game wardens, with all manner of bothersome consequences. I do believe it has been banned in most places, some places going so far as to classify it as a "weapon of mass destruction". Dolts. It will only destroy one thing at a time, and enough ammo to destroy a mass of things is rather heavy, bulky, and cumbersome to carry. There are better options for mass destruction.

I DID however use the water projecting variety once upon a time, around 1982 or so, when I planned and executed a raid on a mock UN for training purposes. We "went in hot" with water guns, never had to hose the first person down. The water guns got their attention, and were merely for immediate action in gaining the upper hand - the threat was enough. They covered and drew away attention from the fact that the real danger in that scenario was two pronged - a main attack using "bio engineered anthrax", with a suicide bomber backup plan, both of which got into place while everyone was paying attention to the water guns. Oddly, the raid was executed on behalf of a fictitious islamic terror organization. It was only a training scenario, and it sort of gave me chills when suicide bombers pulled off the 9-11 attacks, which were then followed by the anthrax scare. Back in '82, no one was supposed to know about bio-engineered anthrax. Now the cat is out of the bag, and EVERYONE knows about it.

I can still recall the head man of that fictitious organization's name - it was "Ahmed Akbar al-Jemayel", which translates to "Ahmed the big and beautiful"
He was a rough character, and I'd hate to run into HIM down in the Hell Mines! "Akbar" as he was known, tended not to take prisoners. Some rather irreverent souls referred to him as "Akbar Snackbar Crowbar", since Arabic was somewhat of a pill for them.

The UN delegates would have been fine had the security elements shot us all upon entry, but true to form they were not expecting an attack, and so surprise and speed of action overwhelmed them, and the shock of the assault caused momentary confusion, which was just enough.

None of us got squirted either.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 11:50 AM
link   

In regards of the 'weapons of Mass destruction' I read in a recent article that
Professor Nathan Sarrs (Nat to his colleagues).. created for 2.6 seconds a
'liquid-like' particle beam that wiped out a herd of Moose that had been placed
in a perspex container for that very experiment.

Moose tend to be solitary animals and enjoy languishing in leech-ridden pools,
so it came as quite a surprise to Prof. Sarrs to see the destruction of this collective
group of weed-chompers by a watery-type ray.
In fact, records show he actually slammed his clipboard down on the desk.
I've provided an image of said-animal below

The 'Moose Trap'... as it became known is to be engineered into a hand-held device
that Sarrs assured his piers and promanades would be toned-down to be used against
noisy children.

Now, back to reading the label on the back of my meds bottle...
edit on 3-6-2011 by A boy in a dress because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   

I want one of those "liquid-like particle beam" gadgets! I won't use it on my grandchildren - honest! They do tend to get a bit noisy and rowdy (it's genetic, I think), but the video holds them in rapt attention, so the particle bean will only be used on unruly and overly noisy dogs of my acquaintance.

It can be very distracting to have to yell "HUSH!" every few seconds, but it seems to be keeping the roofers and glaziers in business.

I may have to use it on the kids once - but no more than that. I think it'll do wonders to get them away from the video you posted, so I can scroll the page....

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   

If the strange creature in the cave IS a dragon... you may well need that water-shooter!
Pachua... not to be taken lightly!

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Holy moly! A dragon? That reminds me of an old saying "trouble not the dragon in his lair, for thou art crunchy, and go well with ketchup".

Fighting a dragon? Vandals are crazy like that, I reckon.

Now, BIAD, you've just shown your hand as a Top Sekrit Double-Nought CoIntelPro PsyOps DisInfo Agent! It's common knowledge in those circles that those cheesy mylar "Space Rescue Blankets" that look like a big thin sheet of tinfoil (and are found in most survival kits and first aid kits) can be used to good effect to hide a heat signature from a body, so that if you're evading FLIR and other thermal imaging schemes, one comes in handy. That was my secret plan for escape and evasion when the Elites come to gather folks up, and now EVERYONE knows it works!

I guess I'll have to come up with another plan now. Fortuna Favit Fortibus, or something like that. My Latin is a little rusty.

On a side note, I've got satellite TV now. It's Dish Network, and so far the most interesting thing I've been able to find on it is on channel 287. It's a satellite camera in a geostationary orbit 22,000 miles above Earth, over the equator and at what appears to be 115 degrees west longitude or so. The Earth stays stationary (I've had it on for two days straight now, and North America hasn't budged an inch) but what astronomers call the "Terminator", the line between day and night, creeps slowly along it. It broadcasts in real time - what you see is what is there, right now. Not much action or adventure, but I can turn it on and see when the sun goes down here, so I never have to go outside at all. Camera is a bit wonky, so I can't see the city lights at night, but I can tell it's drawing nigh to summer because at full night the crescent of the terminator shows the north pole is illuminated - that means it's summer, or just before or after it. I plan on keeping it on for at least the next six months straight, to see if the terminator shows the south pole in winter.

Yes, I've said it dozens of times - I'm very easily amused, and probably more than just a little odd!

edit on 2011/6/3 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   

The Terminator... that place where -when asleep, the soul is at low ebb and the
body is so 'system-down' a Doctor would fumble about one's neck to locate a pulse.
The day isn't here yet and the night is rueing another defeat... here sits Nenothtu waiting.

Meanwhile, in another time and space...

Dragons, the physical manifestion of any belief that isn't in the majority... a beastie to the
norms.
And now our Al-umin-yum (or Aloominum if you live in the States!) -wrapped GunMan takes
on the heavy-scaled creature that flaps and belches Hades.
Will our lop-sided grinning hero wobble at the knees and do a runner??
Will our guy -who looks for Round Two with Death leap in without concern?
Will the 'I don't appreciate excitement' Vandal blow the thing's head off and wander
back to the gang of weirdos?

After these commercials, we'll find out.

edit on 3-6-2011 by A boy in a dress because: Looking for Gin bottle.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   

...Now, BIAD, you've just shown your hand as a Top Sekrit Double-Nought CoIntelPro
PsyOps DisInfo Agent! ...

And here's me thinking I was a Sagitarius!

Wait a minute... (It's Friday evening and BIAD takes another sip of his G & T)...
Do these 'below the radar' guys get to wear red high-heels?
Just asking, as my manual didn't make it thru' the mail
(Burp!) sorry!

Edit:
I had another sip.
edit on 3-6-2011 by A boy in a dress because: Left slice of lime in Edit Room.

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 01:29 AM
link   

Dragons, the physical manifestion of any belief that isn't in the majority... a beastie to the
norms.
And now our Al-umin-yum (or Aloominum if you live in the States!) -wrapped GunMan takes
on the heavy-scaled creature that flaps and belches Hades.
Will our lop-sided grinning hero wobble at the knees and do a runner??
Will our guy -who looks for Round Two with Death leap in without concern?
Will the 'I don't appreciate excitement' Vandal blow the thing's head off and wander
back to the gang of weirdos?

After these commercials, we'll find out.

Love dragons. Just love 'em. Stroke a genius bringing them in.

So, the question still stands... What will the others do?

hehehe

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 02:49 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

You hit the little guy... aw shoot! we took out the brains of the
gang!
Let's hope this knife-weilding beauty delivers the good and gets
us all to 'man-up'

Love it... just love it!!

new topics

top topics

<< 234  235  236    238  239  240 >>