It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Space Opera Working Thread

page: 236
<< 233  234  235    237  238  239 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by A boy in a dress

My greatest acheivement will be to somehow get the dance sequence of
'Paint Yor Wagon' into the story... I can see Neno and BIAD dancing cheek-to-cheek
singing 'Hand me down that can if beans..!!'

YES! It will be a most epic moment in an epic tale, lol...
*beaming*

Dang but if that isn't one of my favorite movies of all time... Clint didn't do too bad singing either...

Suck on a cough drop and get ready to croon Neno!

Edit to Add: Honestly, listen to the lyrics... PYW excels... 'When I get to heaven, tie me to a tree, or I'll begin to roam and soon you'll know where I will be...'

Dang if that doesn't describe 'our heros'... And Marvin? Look into his history... Amazing man...

Nice night to you both...

edit on 26-5-2011 by silo13 because: see above

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by nenothtu

What happens to Silo now?

I HAVE NO IDEA...

I've got to wait and see just like the rest I guess.

*You got any ideas?* (HELP!)!

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by silo13

Suck on a cough drop and get ready to croon Neno!

Cough drop? See, this is what I'm talking about! I'm very sure that nowhere have I mentioned that Monday afternoon, between 5 and 5:30 PM, I lost my voice for the first time in my life, and am only now back to the point where I sound like "Froggy" in the Little Rascals whenever I speak. That's what I mean when I say y'all are getting spooky at times!

First thing in the morning, I'm digging out my gadgets and doing a sweep for surveillance devices!

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 06:32 PM
link   

What happens to Silo now?

I HAVE NO IDEA...

I've got to wait and see just like the rest I guess.

*You got any ideas?* (HELP!)!

I dunno. maybe Silo1's wandering shade merges back into Silo2 the barmaid's body, and she becomes One again? Otherwise, neno is likely to be getting pestered a lot in the Otherwhere by both Margo AND Silo, who now evidently knows she's his ma. Nothing worse that I can think of than having an ex AND your ma gang up on you and try to make you behave! Luckily for me, my ma and all of my exes know that I'm a lost cause, and there ain't no hope for me, so they've given up on that sort of thing, but it was touch and go for a while!

Of course, the re-merger has it's own inherent problems... it makes that lip-lock a bit awkward, and one has to hash out whether Silo brings all her new-found knowledge to the merger, or whether she "forgets" it upon entry into the new body...

Decisions, decisions....

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 06:59 PM
link   
One other thing - This is somewhat of the morphology I see for Sslar, but with a shorter snout, and longer saberteeth (two sets, the rear just a little shorter than the fore), and of course the color discrepancies. The hair on the jowls, and the general shape are pretty close to right on. The mane going down the back is something I never thought of, but I'm not opposed to.

It's an Andrewsarchus, probably the biggest mammalian land carnivore to ever walk the Earth, and Sslar wouldn't be that big. Andresarchus was about 11 feet long from nose to the root of it's tail, and stood 6 feet or so at the shoulder, which is too big for Sslar. Weight is unknown, with estimates from 550 lb up to 4000 lb. Just the skull was almost 3 feet long, at 32".

Here's the wiki page for it.

I've managed to wrangle a 3d model of it for use in Daz, but haven't thrashed out any renders yet - I just have got the fur color right, and the eyes I've changed to a greenish yellow, which is as close to yellow as I've been able to get them. Post a pic when I get it thrashed out right, but I still don't quite know how to shorten the muzzle or add the fangs to the model, so it still won't be quite right.

Now I reckon I've got to go beating the bushes in the wilds of the internet to get some suitable duds for neno. Can't have him walking about nekkid in ATS pictures! Still haven't got the hair and grin for BIAD in Daz - might need some post processing for that, which I'm not much good with.

Daz Studio is a great thing to thrash these models out with - y'all might check into it if you get the time. It's one of those free programs, and I can coach you through it as far as I know to go.

Oops! Gotta git! Just heard that this new Patriot Act they "extended" has a provision for search and seizures for firearms, and if that's true, then it's on here. I've got to research that right away. Later y'all!

edit on 2011/5/26 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 10:26 PM
link   

It well be a greater force has took up an interest in the yarn because
I too- am finding 'conicidences' occurring in my travels througfh the day!
Gotcha on the Slar image,
I think the big cat should begin to 'morph' into a more-canine shape.

Now for those tunnels.
edit on 26-5-2011 by A boy in a dress because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 12:54 AM
link   

I dunno. maybe Silo1's wandering shade merges back into Silo2 the barmaid's body, and she becomes One again? Otherwise, neno is likely to be getting pestered a lot in the Otherwhere by both Margo AND Silo, who now evidently knows she's his ma.

I was wondering about Margo - especially since Margo had that message for Silo before (I’ve got to go back and find that post unless you’ve got it right there at your fingertips.) I was in hopes they’d have a ‘talk’ - but - not sure I get the feel of Margo enough to do it.

Nothing worse that I can think of than having an ex AND your ma gang up on you and try to make you behave!

But isn’t that what every woman is? Your mother, sister, daughter, lover, etc... But yeah I get what you mean too!

Luckily for me, my ma and all of my exes know that I'm a lost cause, and there ain't no hope for me, so they've given up on that sort of thing, but it was touch and go for a while!

Well we’ll just have to do something about that wont we now...

Of course, the re-merger has it's own inherent problems... it makes that lip-lock a bit awkward, and one has to hash out whether Silo brings all her new-found knowledge to the merger, or whether she "forgets" it upon entry into the new body...

I was in hopes DEATH might give me a hand on that one... On the other hand, that doesn’t feel right. Not yet.
I’ve a ‘feeling’ they will merge with more of the Silo-Wench, maybe through time learning more of the ‘other’ Silo.
Again - not sure...

As for the ‘cough drop’ - I have NO idea why I wrote that... Now I do though, lol.

good day to you

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 01:07 AM
link   

I was wondering about Margo - especially since Margo had that message for Silo before (I’ve got to go back and find that post unless you’ve got it right there at your fingertips.) I was in hopes they’d have a ‘talk’ - but - not sure I get the feel of Margo enough to do it.

Go for it. I've got faith in ya! Margot and neno have/had the basic love/hate relationship. She loves him, but absolutely CAN NOT resist giving him a hard time at the slightest provocation - or none at all. Sometimes, just an excuse will do - even if she has to manufacture one! She'll talk junk about him, but will take umbrage if some OTHER female talks junk about him. Being his ma, Silo can get away with it. They'll pick apart his every flaw over coffee, and giggle like schoolgirls, shaking their heads at his every imperfection - real or perceived.

Nothing worse that I can think of than having an ex AND your ma gang up on you and try to make you behave!

But isn’t that what every woman is? Your mother, sister, daughter, lover, etc... But yeah I get what you mean too!

I suppose so, which is why I couldn't ever REALLY whack one with a gun butt - unless she burnt the toast really badly!

Luckily for me, my ma and all of my exes know that I'm a lost cause, and there ain't no hope for me, so they've given up on that sort of thing, but it was touch and go for a while!

Well we’ll just have to do something about that wont we now...

If my mom and all my exes ever got together again, and in one room, I'd be done for. I'd have to go fishing for a solid year to wait for the dust to settle!

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 01:36 AM
link   

I'd really like to get in a quick post of Margo and Silo before we go on but I'm having a problem finding the part in the saga where Margo tells Silo something - and though I don't remember what it is exactly I do know it is perfect for this part now - and needs to be brought back.

We know from the past Margo and Silo have a connection - when Neno and the landing party were in peril and Silo 'called out' to 'them' and Margo 'heard' her. Then the part that I'm looking for and can't find.

I HATE to ask for a pause but can we find that before we go on? It will really go FAR to tie in a LOT of the past - and more than a few loose ends.

I'm not saying I have to write it - not at all - I'm just asking we get that part in before we do much more.

I'll dedicate my lunch hour and some time beyond... I hope I can get to it before you all get up in the morning!

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 02:33 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Sent you a U2U. I don't know if it's the right post, but it's one where Margot mentions Silo to neno, while neno and everyone else thinks he's dead, after the Buzzard battle. I found 3 posts of dialog between Margot and neno so far, and am still perusing to see if there are any more. While looking, I stumbled across this description of Sslar's mother, which ought to be a fitting description for Sslar as well:

It appeared vaguely cat-like in general proportion, but had a canine-like head with a longer muzzle than a cat, and larger ears. four large canine teeth protruded from the muzzle of the beast, two upper and two lower that, while not exactly saber-teeth, were huge. Neno figured they were 3 or 4 inches long each, top and bottom. When the creature snarled it's lips back, the incisor teeth looked more like razors that incisors. It was covered in what appeared to be green fur, with black stripes something like a tiger, but not as fine-grained. Overall, from what he could see, he estimated the entire body to be about 6 or 7 feet long, but it looked like all teeth from the vantage point of the prey.

and the setup for Sslar's intelligence:

The "cub" (neno decided on the spur of the moment that it was a "cub", and not a "kitten") regarded him with a curious gaze and didn't cut up much of a fuss.

Until the jacket enveloped it.

Suddenly the cub became a fighting, slashing, snarling bundle of energy, but it was too late. Neno had it all wrapped up. Momentarily it calmed down, perhaps resigning itself to fate, perhaps realizing that it hadn't been eaten yet, and neno tucked the bundle inside his shirt and went back down the cliff.

Approaching BIAD rather sheepishly, nenothtu said "I found another eatin' machine up there." Pulling out the bundle and uncovering it's head, he continued "I reckon we've got a pet to keep up now" but regarding the intelligent gaze in the eyes of the cub, he added "a pet... or... something."

The cub just snuggled into the jacket and said nothing.

Still looking... but by all means you can write the encounter between Silo and Margot. Those first two posts with her in them ought to be enough background, together with what you already know.

edit on 2011/5/27 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 03:38 AM
link   

I can't re-post your U2U but talk about giving me the shivers. Wow. This does get freaky at times. Take a look at the post and you'll see why. The post I'd just finished mimics exactly what you suggested in the U2U!

*scary sci-fi music here* lol

edit on 27-5-2011 by silo13 because: video no go

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 03:53 AM
link   
THANK YOU Neno and Margo. I couldn't have got through that one without you both, lol. I hope I didn't hold anything up!

So, now let's see what happens! *Still waiting to see Chumley's reaction to Silo*! (BAID was a stinker and stuck in the Grandma thing when I was thinking Chumley 'squeaked' over seeing Silo.)

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 04:10 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

It's that "thought across the fields in the 'Tween" thing! A mind-meld without a Vulcan anywhere in sight! Excellent post! You've got Margot to a tee! I laughed, I cried... OK, I really did laugh, but I didn't really cry - just got a little dewey around the edges... anyhow, it was a great post. Ain't no way I could have equalled it, much less topped it.

I went through the margot posts, and only found two specific mentions of Silo and the baby. They were as follows:

posted on 2010/3/5 @ 21:22

"Tell Luder that someone named Teresa said 'it ain't OVER 'till the fat lady sings, bucko'. He'll know what you mean. Tell the alien SILO aboard Yydryl that 'forever never ends, no matter how brief, and new life doesn't replace old, it just makes you that much richer'. That ought to be all the proof you need to get started." Margot said as she backed away from him.

and:

posted on 2011/2/10 @ 20:27

Neno nearly exploded. "Something ELSE I gotta see? Like hell!" he spat out.

Margot gave him a sideways glance out of the corners of her eyes, which were twinkling, and said "Nooo.. not like that at all. Remember what I told you before - SILO's baby is more important than you can know right now. Protect them!" With that cryptic comment she stood up on her toes, flung her arms around his neck, and planted a big wet kiss right on his lips. Just as quickly, she turned him loose, giggled, and then turned away and walked back into the mists, laughing.

Margot's laugh echoed out of the mist louder and longer than necessary. Neno couldn't fathom it, because she knew something he didn't - so he couldn't really be expected to understand. Margot KNEW that nenothtu had already been through hell and the lower half of Georgia, quite literally. After that, his next "lesson" ought to be a piece of cake, passable even for neno with flying colors. Margot knew that, and nenothtu didn't. The laughing and giggling was in all actuality the venting of her relief, secure now in that knowledge. Of course, the knowledge that neno didn't even have a clue made it downright hilarious to Margot.

Just then, the thought struck neno of what Margot had said. He exclaimed to himself, and the universe at large, "SILO'S BABY? WHAT baby?" A distant laugh emerged from the mists, sounding like it echoed from mountain walls, could have been none other than Margot's, and gave mental pictures of her doubled over in convulsive laughter.

Nenothtu woke up, sitting bolt upright and sweating.

So as it turned out, they do sort of make a prophetess of Margot. All the more surprising when you consider that this thing writes itself at times, and takes twists and turns that no one sees coming, and considering that even I couldn't recall just what I myself had written there!

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 04:14 AM
link   

THANK YOU Neno and Margo. I couldn't have got through that one without you both, lol. I hope I didn't hold anything up!

So, now let's see what happens! *Still waiting to see Chumley's reaction to Silo*! (BAID was a stinker and stuck in the Grandma thing when I was thinking Chumley 'squeaked' over seeing Silo.)

Yeah, and I'm sort of wondering what's gonna happen if big ol' Chumley fins out neno whacked his granny in the head with a gun butt... Now, THAT could get ugly! I thought he was squeaking over barmaid Silo, too, and dog gone if the odd turn of events didn't flat out blindside me!

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 05:48 AM
link   

Just then, the thought struck neno of what Margot had said. He exclaimed to himself, and the universe at large, "SILO'S BABY? WHAT baby?" A distant laugh emerged from the mists, sounding like it echoed from mountain walls, could have been none other than Margot's, and gave mental pictures of her doubled over in convulsive laughter.

Nenothtu woke up, sitting bolt upright and sweating.

Unreal unreal how it works - I mean I had NO idea - NONE at all to have Silo be a mom...much less a mom of another character in the Opera.

Then there was all that Margo stuff that never got resolved...

And here we are...

WAY cool...

One other thing.

Do either of you have an opinion on Silo still being Silo?
A merge of the two maybe?

I have a feeling its' going to be like something out of 'City of Angels'. Silo, who before couldn't feel pain, takes a 'fall' (back into herself so to speak) and now can feel pain - she's 'all in one piece' now. BUT - at the same time I don't know about her memories, etc.

I guess it will just work itself out will it not!

Have a good one!

edit on 27-5-2011 by silo13 because: peace

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by nenothtu

Yeah, and I'm sort of wondering what's gonna happen if big ol' Chumley fins out neno whacked his granny in the head with a gun butt... Now, THAT could get ugly! I thought he was squeaking over barmaid Silo, too, and dog gone if the odd turn of events didn't flat out blindside me!

Please... don't shoot the messenger!!!
I have no idea why Chumley and 'De Mucks' have found each other, I suppose I'll have
to ask BIAD - who is now sitting licking the window of my conservatory... it's damned shame,
that's what it is.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 08:39 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Do either of you have an opinion on Silo still being Silo? A merge of the two maybe?

I have a feeling its' going to be like something out of 'City of Angels'. Silo, who before
couldn't feel pain, takes a 'fall' (back into herself so to speak) and now can feel pain
- she's 'all in one piece' now.
BUT - at the same time I don't know about her memories, etc.
I guess it will just work itself out will it not!..

May I?
I think there's a way of doimg this that will be gradual and then we can
roll with it as the story goes on.

Edit:

I was in hopes DEATH might give me a hand on that one... On the other hand, that doesn’t feel right.
Not yet.
I’ve a ‘feeling’ they will merge with more of the Silo-Wench, maybe through time learning more of
the ‘other’ Silo. Again - not sure...

Stand back... he does have his uses!
edit on 27-5-2011 by A boy in a dress because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by A boy in a dress

Don't think we need Death anymore now that Margo led us through it - but - ya never know! Show us what ya got!

As for who and what Silo is now? 'Lay on Macduff!'

I will not yield,
To kiss the ground before young Malcolm's feet,
And to be baited with the rabble's curse.
Though Birnam wood be come to Dunsinane,
And thou opposed, being of no woman born,
Yet I will try the last. Before my body
I throw my warlike shield. Lay on, Macduff,
And damn'd be him that first cries, 'Hold, enough!'

Shakespeare's Macbeth, Act 5, Scene 8.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 01:30 PM
link   
BIAD - what the... That was STUNNING...
Where do you GET that stuff?
INCREDIBLE... Really...
The birds on the wire, the rest...
Wowza...

So, Silo's been effectively seduced by memories that were never her own but memories she'd wished she had.

Never able to be a U-man, always wanting to be one - she's now, infused with U-man memories that are not hers at all.

Ouch.

So this Bi-Wraith Silo - in a moment of 'soul confusion' - or basic manipulation by her 'friend' Teddy - has given up memories she would have possessed if she'd not been caught by Death on her 'way down' so to speak...

Interesting stuff!

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

I have a feeling Death wore that 'toy-suit' to continue his own aims...

He's a wily one and he will not reliquish his chances of making Neno
his soul-taker and Destroyer... the wicked web we weave, huh?!
edit on 27-5-2011 by A boy in a dress because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 233  234  235    237  238  239 >>

join