It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Space Opera Working Thread

page: 234
<< 231  232  233    235  236  237 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 06:48 PM
link   
As they are making there way into the Mine, would it be a good time
to bring Adam and the others onto the scene?

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by silo13
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/50af8d6566f1.jpg[/atsimg]

*Bangs Head on Table*

That's getting there! Not sure why you're banging your head on the table... it's coming along nicely!

Also, I ran across some strange landscape at work today that might work pretty well for a backdrop of the Hell Mines, if either of you are contemplating such an illustration. Took several photos, just in case. I can reduce 'em and post samples if either of you are interested.

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by A boy in a dress
As they are making there way into the Mine, would it be a good time
to bring Adam and the others onto the scene?

That would be an ideal time if we're going to have Yydryl flare out like a blackhawk extraction chopper to bail 'em out.

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 08:50 PM
link   
A thoroughly enjoyable fight sequence! It really should be more common knowledge among thugs that a hard jab to the head from a readied pick handle will connect before a swung blow from a billy club, but somehow they seem to never learn! Simple physics - swings take longer and are easier to block, jabs move a lot faster, and are far tougher to block - or dodge. Sucks to be him!

Now, at the end, I'm quite sure neno was saying to himself "what just happened?" as well, but playing his cards close to the vest, I reckon most wouldn't read that in his non-expression.

Here are some of the landscape samples from that odd bit of turf:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/8db9cdc81205.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/3d4686a27c27.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/bc8b2129fd88.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/bbe65e72e180.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/653d6ee084fd.jpg[/atsimg]

It's actually an ash pit that's about 20' by 30', but the lunar look intrigued me, and I thought it might do to represent the Hell Mines with a bit of tweaking. Looks better after a fresh ash dump, with the smoke tendrils and all, but that was not to be today. I might have been able to do a better job with my professional camera, but didn't have it with me today. Maybe tomorrow, and if the light's right, maybe I can get some in infrared for that "otherworldly" look. The "cliff" at back was sort of intriguing too, and is what gave me the idea, since that seemed to mesh with the description of the mines.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 01:18 AM
link   
So, when Sslar gets to the deck and lets us all know how we're going to follow the Green man to Silo and the rest we'll be ready to go. And Deson's already programed a landing craft to take the arrivals to hell to Neno.

Question... Wasn't there something in the hell-mines that go along with the key that go along with the plug nickle that's still in Silo-Wench's pocket? Something to 'do' or 'stop' the Big R? Wouldn't want the Yydryl to save them before getting to that would we? Or are our friends on the Yydryl going to swoop down to save them and end up getting dragged along?

Lemme know so I have an idea where to go from here... Though I'm still gonna wait to see what Sslar does before going on - I think...

Have a good Sunday all!
edit on 22-5-2011 by silo13 because: forgot scooby-snacks

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 02:59 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

I was thinking about the crazy Fairground idea and the weird machines
that slump in the corner of those places... and I was thinking that a coin
of some sort will be needed to make them function...

It's looking like this thing is writing itself again!!

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 03:03 AM
link   
reply to post by A boy in a dress

Oh that sounds even better!
So we better get that Sslar to work!

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 05:57 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Well, they're on their way!
I know on some Sundays, the 'time-traffic' can get backed-up alittle,
but I'm confident they'll arrive at Carbiox very soon.

I just hope the Roadworks at Junction 237 isn't an obstacle!!!

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 07:10 AM
link   

OH BIAD! I just loved it!
I soooo enjoy 'hearing' the characters from your and Neno's perspective - what a great post - thank you!

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 09:08 AM
link   
reply to post by nenothtu

I'm trying to get there with the darn cat... it won't sit still.
No.2
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/1f2b0a5d0287.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 10:31 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Oh My Word!!!
What is going on with Ship?!

Please, please enlarge on the plot, my red fingernails are
almost down to their quick!!!

Great story.
edit on 22-5-2011 by A boy in a dress because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 10:55 AM
link   

I dunno. I write what I was 'told'!

But mostly? Ya know how in the scary movies when the monster is dead and everyone finally breaths a sigh of relief ---> Only to have another monster come back to life for that final SCREAM? (Remember the end of Aliens)?
I think that's the plan - making sure our Hero's don't get off all that easy.

Plus this way we can finally wrap up all the loose ends - the whole past, people, cocoons, plots never tied up - and still get a last 'jump' like described above. Get rid of all that crapahoola and the Dark Lord at once! And all of it can wait until much much later after the line we have going is done. Hey, if nothing else it will be one last fight scene. I bet Neno will like stomping out some zombies.

Also, I think the Yydryl-Silo is dead... Guess we'll have to hope the Silo-Wench can get back to Ship and hop in the p.h.a.r.s before it's too too late... (Kinda like when Spock's mind was stuck back in his body or something?

I dunno...We'll see!

I do hope whatever happens we get Gnarly back though!
edit on 22-5-2011 by silo13 because: :O GNARLY

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

That's great!
So our Final battle... if all goes well, will be on The Yydryl, heh?!!
I feel that day is a loooong way off!

Gnarly... that miserable creature that represents the weak and the lost among us,
is he alive?
(Done in an T.V announcers voice of the 60's)
Let's find out when we enter 'The Time Traveller's Diaries'
A Quinn Martin Production.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Gnarly... that miserable creature that represents the weak and the lost among us,
is he alive?
(Done in an T.V announcers voice of the 60's)
Let's find out when we enter 'The Time Traveller's Diaries'
A Quinn Martin Production.

LOL I dunno but I don't see why not - I mean sure, it could have been a murder attempt gone wrong - or he normally goes into a death-defying coma every time he drinks honey-mead?

As for the 'finally fight' - It doesn't have to take place on the Yydryl. A fight? Sure, but THE fight? I don't see why - but - we can leave that up to 'them' for now, lol.

peace

edit on 22-5-2011 by silo13 because: brainssssss

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 02:19 AM
link   
BIAD - can you help me out here when you have a chance???

Question One:

Are you and Neno going to keep the Adam, Dag, Sslar and Chumley line going? I hope so cause I really enjoy 'hearing' them through your minds. Have at it is my opinion!

If so just don't forget Dag is still REALLY mad at Chumley for forgetting about Carpet - and that Dag's hair is pulled back in a ponytail held my a little red slip of cloth... *wink*...

If you want me to jump in jut let me know when so we don't overlap posts.

Question Two:

Ok, we've got someone else on the scene, actually two someone's you've met before but have taken on a little change.

So here's what I need to help flesh their story out a bit - and at the same time I hope it will help answer some of the following questions. (I got these next bits of info from your posts.)

- Light Flayers want dimensional travel and are 'close' to getting it - (but it seems Tibbs/Green man/Deson, whoever already has it)?

More importantly for the moment:

- The Light Flayers have been ravaging the universe looking for all they need - supplies, energy sources, technology, ok got that... BUT - then you say:

- Carbiox attempted to negotiate with the Light Flayers (I would presume then before the planet was ravaged) and then you state that Caspak found out what Carbiox was up to and the 'Light Flayers' fled the planet...

*** Why did they flee? What could make them flee Carbiox without ravaging it?

*** At the same time there are some Light Flayers there on Carbiox in Choom, Culpa etc. So, did they decide to use Carbiox as an 'out station' for their needs???

It seems to me some Light Flayers wanted to stay and others go on ravaging???

Its' confusing me though. Unless again some 'fled' to go on ravaging in their love for danger and fighting while the other more mature and peaceful Light Flayers stayed on Carbiox because of what??? And now they need Neno, BIAD and Tibbs help?

EEEkkk! Brain cramp!

I'll keep the details vague for now but I've got someone who's already there that's about to help clear up some of the above - whenever you have a chance to let me know!

Or - should I just let it 'write itself' - ???

Have a good day!
edit on 23-5-2011 by silo13 because: wooopsie

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 08:22 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Oops... sorry, I'be been assuming a lot and forgot to lay the tale out better.
(BIAD smacks the writer's hand and tuts!)

Question One:
Are you and Neno going to keep the Adam, Dag, Sslar and Chumley line going
I hope so cause I really enjoy 'hearing' them through your minds. Have at it is my opinion!

I thought it would be a good idea to have them arrive at the Mine entrance just as BIAD, Neno,
Tibbs and Silo were about to enter. That way we can all have a piece to interpret.

If so just don't forget Dag is still REALLY mad at Chumley for forgetting about Carpet -
and that Dag's hair is pulled back in a ponytail held my a little red slip of cloth... *wink*...

Thanks for that, I had forgotten!

Question Two: Ok, we've got someone else on the scene, actually two someone's
you've met before but have taken on a little change.

So here's what I need to help flesh their story out a bit - and at the same time I hope it
will help answer some of the following questions. (I got these next bits of info from your posts.)
- Light Flayers want dimensional travel and are 'close' to getting it - (but it seems Tibbs/
Green man/Deson, whoever already has it)?

Yes. When The Dark Lord's race were destroyed, the one that survived decided to obtain his
revenge by reaking havoc on other worlds.
To do this... (and to make an easier yarn!)... he created clones that would do his bidding and
off they went on their jolly outing to pillage the galaxy.
These clones are known as Light Flayers.

Tibbs is from a future where the rare instruments such as The Green Man are used for dimensional
travel and in this time period, it's something that is still sought after in this time.
It seems Tibbs 'invented' or found a device that can 'rip' a hole -but then lost it during an event
that we're not aware of... yet.

More importantly for the moment: - The Light Flayers have been ravaging the universe looking
for all they need - supplies, energy sources, technology, ok got that... BUT - then you say:
- Carbiox attempted to negotiate with the Light Flayers (I would presume then before the planet
was ravaged) and then you state that Caspak found out what Carbiox was up to and the 'Light Flayers'
fled the planet... *** Why did they flee?
What could make them flee Carbiox without ravaging it? *** At the same time there are some Light
Flayers there on Carbiox in Choom, Culpa etc.
So, did they decide to use Carbiox as an 'out station' for their needs???
It seems to me some Light Flayers wanted to stay and others go on ravaging???

The Dark Lord came upon Carbiox and prepared his plans to 'ream-them-a-new-one' when he
felt that something was amiss. The Grays who inhabit this planet were using their telepathy to
interfere and disuade the Light Flayers from their invasion.

After a fruitless length of time, The Dark Lord approached the Grays to negotiate a truce -with the
hopes to 'dupe' them further down the line. The Grays saw through this and subtley went about
agreeing and shepherding the Light Flayers -via telepathy, into thinking that an invasion was not
a good idea.

Caspak - a mere clone who accompanied The Dark Lord during negotiations, realised the Grays
plan and advised him to get out of the situation and to punish the Grays for their attempted deceit,
he deposits the remains of gathered technology onto Carbiox.
A lot of the debris was already there, remains from another period of the Grays.
(It's like throwing snowballs at someone's door and running away!!)

The Grays keep to their way and ignore The Light Flayers punishment, but sometimes things
go wrong and the Flayers have to land and check things out.
Usually, all is well, although unknown to The Dark Lord, these maintenance clones or mechanics
-who come to fix one of the Sky Hooks or to investigate further a possible find of some sort,
are abducted and have tests ran on them.
They go on their way without any idea that the Grays are colating information about them.
Chooma and Culp are two Grays that are involved in gathering that information.

Imagine an annoying -yet dangerous swarm of wasps... you can't and don't want to destroy
them all, but you want rid of them eventually... what do you do?
The Grays just want to get on with their experiments and at times, use the taxes to buy
materials that they need. The imigrants are tolerated and somehow, there's a peace.

The Grays know Tibbs due to something in the past we're not aware of and the idea
that 'Neo' has finally arrived to re-arrange the destinys of billions of life forms is something
awe-inspiring... the only problem is that Nenothtu -The Neo, doesn't know and doesn't care
about all this 'hoohar' and just wants an answer to it all.

Hope that helps.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Ok Great stuff that thank you for taking the time. I'm sure it will all come out in the story later but it helps me who needs to know a bit of the 'inside scoop' before going much farther. This will give me something to go back to and I've bookmarked the post.

Edit to Add: One oher quick question.

So the Greys allow Beings like Silo and the Blacksmith to hang out - immigrants as you say to colonize the place and help keep things up and running (or whatever) and tax them - and are enough removed from the colonists that they really don't see the 'bad' that's happening at the hands of Manko and his thugs? Or, are they removed enough that they just don't care as their heads are full of other stuff and figure it's just the way of the world? (Like the 'crown' used to feel about the Americas at one point)?

I ask because I heard a reference to Neno (and the rest) not being the type 'they' usually bring (to work in the hell-mines) - So the 'They' there are the Greys?

Sorry, I'm trying to climb into your head, lol but I want to know who the 'They' are so I know who destroyed ad took the people of Y'Lrang and Lwren - which of course would be the same 'they' supplying the hell-mines with slaves...

edit on 23-5-2011 by silo13 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

So the Greys allow Beings like Silo and the Blacksmith to hang out - immigrants as you say
to colonize the place and help keep things up and running (or whatever) and tax them - and are
enough removed from the colonists that they really don't see the 'bad' that's happening at th
hands of Manko and his thugs?
Or, are they removed enough that they just don't care as their heads are full of other stuff and
figure it's just the way of the world? (Like the 'crown' used to feel about the Americas at one point)?

Yep! that's it.
They are too busy with their own lives to worry about the 'high-fulooting' stuff that's going on
in the world of negotiations ans such.
Best just keep yer' nose to the grindstone, heh?!!

... I ask because I heard a reference to Neno (and the rest) not being the type 'they' usually bring
(to work in the hell-mines) - So the 'They' there are the Greys?

The 'They' are the weak and the poor -who can be bullied into Manko's way of life.
These types endure the 'now' and never look at 'what can be'... and that's just how Manko liked it.

Our gang were a threat, though I'll bet Manko enjoyed hiding that fact and played on the idea
of letting 'their ways' prevail. Boy, was he wrong!
It may be that some of the 'out-of--the-clique' Grays could've ended up there too.
Hope this helps.
edit on 23-5-2011 by A boy in a dress because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 11:50 PM
link   

Yep - works great. And I'd think (?) that since the Grays are no more concerned about what's going as long as they get their taxes and what's being mined - then they'd buy - or traffic in slaves to pay docking taxes and tribute at the sea sides of Uktena.

Great!

Thanks!

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 04:03 AM
link   
That was FUN!

Now, go on with your 'tale of the map' Mucklebones! (While all eyes are pinned on stage left in anticipation of the entrance of Adam, Dag, Sslar and Chumley!)

I can't WAIT To see how Chumley reacts to SILO!!!

(And if poor Carpet will ever get to the point where he can alert himself somehow that he's holding back Dag's ponytail!)

Weeeeeee! Have fun BIAD and Neno!
edit on 24-5-2011 by silo13 because:

top topics

<< 231  232  233    235  236  237 >>

join