It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Space Opera Working Thread

page: 233
<< 230  231  232    234  235  236 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 07:54 AM
link   
reply to post by A boy in a dress

Those are a few of his most favorite flicks - it simply wouldn't do to try and retrieve one of them...

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 04:56 AM
link   
Great pics Neno!

So, I'm kind of on but kid of off at the moment...

So Sslar is on the way to the bridge. I take it that means EVERYONE is going to the party?
That's great.
Ohhhh, I wonder if the Yydryl has any landing crafts left?
I know there's a back up to the little ship that went for Neno - I bet it's even programmed the same way too...

So, lemme know and I'll add a post including Deson, Dag and Adam's 'shock and awe' over Sslar!

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

I haven't quite figured out how the trip to the bridge will work out into getting Ship and all aboard to where Tibbs and Company are at the moment, but thought that would be the most logical way to involve Yydryl in the escapade, so took it that way.

I'm thinking at the moment that it might not be amiss to have Yydryl and Crew make an appearance just in the nick of time to rescue our intrepid adventurers, but haven't worked out yet how that would be done, either. On the positive side, if we CAN work it out, it solves the problem of how to get everyone, Ship included, under the same umbrella in the same place at the same time.

I mostly made the post to give the "cat" a name, and flesh out some of the particulars on the species, but it just sort of took a turn towards the bridge...

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 01:34 AM
link   
reply to post by nenothtu

If Sslar and the Green Man can get the Yydryl to the area dont' forget Deson still has the 'plan' (software, whatever he does) that he programed into the bio-intelligence for that little craft to 'find' Neno. No reason why he couldn't do it again to a little larger landing vessel.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 02:04 AM
link   
Awww Dag's going to be sooo disappointed when she doesn't find BIAD on the bridge... But, it will flame the fire burning to find Silo.

Now we'll just have to figure out how they'll know Silo is with Neno, BIAD and Tibbs... Sslar maybe?

On she goes...

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 04:45 AM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/8cee8c6df1a3.jpg[/atsimg]

Is this something like Sslar?
Or is Sslar more, well, scary?
This is part wolf part sabretooth lion/cat (I hope that's obvious) - but it is a bit...tame?

Lemme know...

Oh - and is it just too green? lol

thanks
edit on 19-5-2011 by silo13 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Pretty darn close! Stripes instead of spots, maybe an extra set of saber-teeth or two behind the first pair, and potentially heavier forequarters (or "bigger hair" there - not so much as a mane, but heavier) and you're pretty much dead on. The muzzle is long enough, maybe a bit sharper, maybe not, but you're pretty ddarn close to what I had in mind. Think "Beast of Bray Road".

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 08:11 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

You know, after pondering it a bit, gazing at the picture and picking out details, I'm thinking one more set of sabers, slightly shorter behind the first pair, stripes instead of spots, ears broader at the base, and maybe, just maybe, a tad bit taller on the ears, and heavier forequarters fur, but not so much as to amount to a mane (think timber wolf - they've got that sort of shaggy look, especially right around the neck and jaws) and that right about on it. Forget the sharper muzzle, that one's just right.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 04:21 AM
link   

Thanks for the feedback.

Forgot to ask - leave the eyes gray or change to???

I found a few pics of dire wolves and they didn't have a lot of 'buff' but were heavier in the neck - I"ll try to do a little of both then...

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 06:44 AM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ffc2467200f7.jpg[/atsimg]

60 plus layers later... UGH!

Too mane like... Or cat mane like...

WOW - hair is SO HARD to do...

Gimme a shout about eye color, did this one just as an example...

EDIT TO ADD: I so hate the above picture. It's like a Medusa thing. EWWWW!

I do like the scar though!

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/e15496f628df.jpg[/atsimg]
edit on 20-5-2011 by silo13 because: pic

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 11:07 AM
link   
I've been a little busy, but I tried with this one?
Any good?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/223d0f9795be.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by A boy in a dress

Very cool!

A little 'scarier' than I imagined...!

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Creepy, Crusty, Crumbling: Illegal Tour of Abandoned Six Flags New Orleans [75 Pics]

Hey kids... Check out this other thread on ATS or just go to the site link.

Wow but if it doesn’t make me think of where we are in the Opera - the ‘Ferris wheel’ of death and all... Could it be we’re really in New Orleans of the past???

Freaky stuff!

edit on 20-5-2011 by silo13 because: wow

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 11:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by silo13
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ffc2467200f7.jpg[/atsimg]

60 plus layers later... UGH!

Too mane like... Or cat mane like...

WOW - hair is SO HARD to do...

Gimme a shout about eye color, did this one just as an example...

That's the idea - I like it. Same sort of hair, less stringy-looking. "Fluffier" you might say, but that's the right track. The yellow eyes are better. It's shaping right up!

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 11:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by A boy in a dress
I've been a little busy, but I tried with this one?
Any good?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/223d0f9795be.jpg[/atsimg]

I like that, too. It's got the heavy forequarters, and the double fangs. Looks pretty darn menacing. A little less "cat" and a little more "dog". That can probably be accomplished by adjusting the ears to something a little more wolf-like, maybe bigger in relation to the head, and making the muzzle a little longer. I don't know if that can be done or not. You folks are the artists, not I!

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 11:48 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Went and looked at that site. It looks like the set for the last zombie movie I watched. A LOT like that set. Can't recall the name of it, but it was the one with Woody Harrelson in it. Those zombie movies are educational. The give you the straight scoop on what ought to be done to combat zombies, and let you know just how full of it the CDC is with their latest release of zombie warnings.

Stock water indeed! How are you supposed to get head shots on zombies with bottled water? I'm opting for my shotgun over bottled water in the Zombie Apocalypse! It's a gen-u-ine Mossberg combat shotgun, model M590A1, as issued to combat troops. Zombies ain't got a prayer in MY yard!

even mounts a bayonet, in case I run out of anti-zombie specialized rounds. I can get all the bottled water I can drink with that, AND kill off errant zombies! CDC ought to stick with fighting diseases, and let us zombie hunters handle the zombies!

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 12:15 AM
link   

Thanks for the input on 'Medusa Cat' - lol...
Hair. Wow. Tough stuff that. I'm learning a lot to say the least but as yet I have NO idea how to do hair and I don't want to just cut paste some other wolf and stick it on that one - though I might end up doing just that only due to time constraints.

About the zombies. You'll have to point me to a link about CDC? I've seen many zombie threads and all on ATS but I know NOTHING about the whole zombie outbreak, etc. That 6 Flags place looked like a good place for them and again I'm wondering at the Ferris Wheel thing in the Opera... What kind of thing is that anyway!

Have a good one...

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 02:04 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

ATS CDC Zombie announcement thread

CDC dot GOV Zombie Blog

Most tigers have the same sort of hair ruff around their jaws, if that helps you visualize it any. The Opera ferris wheel.... sounds like an abandoned amusement park turned religious/torture center to me. That thought just by itself makes me shudder!

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 04:31 AM
link   

Wolf-like, huh?...
Very well, I'll have a go. It's quite possible that this cave system is blocked
after we enter and the only way out is to an abandoned Fairground!!

Oh Lawks! what's next?!

Edit: I'll attempt to get it done before 6.00pm 21st May, after all... the world is
supposed to end then -by all accounts.
edit on 21-5-2011 by A boy in a dress because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 06:10 AM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/50af8d6566f1.jpg[/atsimg]

*Bangs Head on Table*

new topics

top topics

<< 230  231  232    234  235  236 >>

join