It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Space Opera Working Thread

page: 232
<< 229  230  231    233  234  235 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 04:40 AM
link   
I have NO IDEA how Dag, Adam, Chumley even Ship and Silo are going to get to you all but they're on their way.

Any ideas how it's possible???

???

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 04:54 PM
link   
This line, as much as the deadpan delivery of it, caused me to spew coffee:

Tibbs patted her forearm and said "don't worry, he'll get bored soon and fall over!"

Luckily, I have a spare monitor.

Silo, you may have entered a fascinating arena, the exploration of "invincibility". Like immortality, I have a notion that it's not all it's cracked up to be, and all those wishing for it might just consider it a curse were they to actually attain it...

When there is no element of chance, no possibility of failure, where does one get any excitement in one's life?

edit on 2011/5/11 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 12:43 AM
link   
reply to post by nenothtu

Oh I agree... But, it just didn't make sense to me that she could be 'hurt' if she's only really there in 'soul and not actually 'body'???

Now my brain hurts again.

But I think you'll find as you go on and question her, she doesn't have a past and really never was looking for a future - she just - is... Until whenever she goes back to being full Silo again.

I dunno, I'm just writing what I'm told to, lol, it doesn't make sense to me now so all I can hope is it will work itself out in the end... *hope hope*

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 02:55 AM
link   
A couple of questions...

Back when CindyMars and Silo were in the Center (mini earth inside the Yydryl) CindyMars had a 'map' of a 'portal'.
Ok that's just to refresh memories.

Can that portal be used to get to where the 'gang' is now? That would mean the Yydryl couldn't go and that would be a shame - but - just asking questions.

Also. 'IF' Silo-the-(tavern)-Wench is wearing her 'Green Man' necklace from Ship - (though we'd have to find a way to explain it) = (another brain cramps) - could the Green Man necklace possibly lead Ship to Silo-the-Wench?

My mind is just fuming trying to figure this out! I should probably just let it 'come' as it does, but...

peace

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

That's it!... you've found the way.
If you'll be so kind as to check the Cat with the green fur...
under his chin... there!

The Green Man... deposited by ?

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by A boy in a dress

Ship gave Silo the Green Man necklace when she started in in the the 'Center' - a way to keep track of her when she was off in the 'wilds' in that lil Mini-Me Earth inside the Yydryl.

When Silo left to go do the 'baby thing' and hide from Bransom, Deson took the Green Man necklace so no one could follow Silo. (It seemed very sininster at the time)...

The clincher? Silo didn't HAND her necklace to Deson like he asked, but instead laid it on his workbench. I didn't know why at the time but I had a feeling back then it was important. So I guess it was - I guess that means it can still find Silo since no one else has touched it??? SO yeah, you're right there is a way.

About the Green Cat... If you want the cat to take the necklace from Deson be my guest - please feel free to write up the next installment on the Yydryl and just what Adam, Dag, the Green Cat and Necklace are going to do. You don't need to know anymore about Deson that he's abrupt, crotchety, and a Centaur being with 6 not our feet. The Armory - big, full a cool guns and weapons, hidden shelves and the back of the 'shop' opens onto the flight deck of the Yydryl.

Yeah that's all sweeeeet the green cat and the green man necklace could be 'attached' somehow... Cool.

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Whoever is on Antar's account - please remove your posts from our story line...

After - I'd be glad to supply some photos to be replaced in the OUT OF LINE posts you've submitted in our Saga.

Let me know what you'd like for pictures and I'll submit them to Masqua right off.

Thank you...
edit on 15-5-2011 by silo13 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   

I'm just lovin' it! Your last entries rock!

Question: Are we still looking to get Dag and Adam and the Yydryl there or will this work out without them? I ask cause I'm still fighting with the idea that CindyMars portal is a possibility?

Somehow it feel 'right' keeping it simple for now... Maybe the Yydry and 'that' gang will come in later???

edit on 15-5-2011 by silo13 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

I think that you should use Cindy's Green Man-amulet and get Dag, Adam and
the rest over into the quaint town of Uktena a.s.a.p!!

Phew! that was quite a typing bout!
Hope it was okay?

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by silo13
Whoever is on Antar's account - please remove your posts from our story line...

After - I'd be glad to supply some photos to be replaced in the OUT OF LINE posts you've submitted in our Saga.

Let me know what you'd like for pictures and I'll submit them to Masqua right off.

Thank you...

You seem to have recently acquired some photos of the goings-on at a volcanic vent, and it seems that one or two of those might go splendidly with the current story line... Maybe doctored up with a big cloud and an old man's head in it? I worked 15 hours yesterday but only 9 today, and during that 9 hours, y'all been busy, ain't ya?

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by A boy in a dress
reply to post by silo13

I think that you should use Cindy's Green Man-amulet and get Dag, Adam and
the rest over into the quaint town of Uktena a.s.a.p!!

Phew! that was quite a typing bout!
Hope it was okay?

If by "okay" you mean "phenomenal", then yup, it was "okay"! My head is swimming a bit, and now I'm wondering just what is being set up... all I know for sure is "sumbuddy's gunna take an ass-WHOOPIN' in here!"

:

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 10:12 PM
link   

... all I know for sure is "sumbuddy's gunna take an ass-WHOOPIN' in here!"

Surely not... surely Neno will forgive their behaviour and settle down to show them
a peacwful way to exist!!!

Oh wait... he's picking a baseball bat up?!!!

NNOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by A boy in a dress

Oh wait... he's picking a baseball bat up?!!!

NNOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

Why the protest? Of course (peaceful sort that he is) neno only wants to introduce them to that most American of pastimes, baseball! Why, he might even mention their mothers, and... throw... an apple pie in there for good measure! It could be thought of as a cultural exchange!

What's that? There IS no America any more, or Earth for that matter?

Oh dear....

By the way, your signature:

Oh I wont go huntin with you Jake but Ill go chasin wimmin
So put them hounds back in the pen and quit that silly grinnin
Moon is bright and Im half tight my lifes just beginnin
I wont go huntin with you jake but Ill go chasin wimmin.

was once quite the popular drinking song in my neck of the woods. Seriously!

edit on 2011/5/15 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 03:18 AM
link   

If you want to fill in those blanks in the story line with one (or two) of your cool photos - please feel free. I don't necessarily have to be the one to do it.

If not, may I use one of your pictures to incorporate into another one?

peace

edit on 16-5-2011 by silo13 because: pretty please

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 07:05 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

If not, may I use one of your pictures to incorporate into another one?

Of course, incorporate away!!

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 07:09 AM
link   

Baseball...

...The one constant through all the years, Neno, has been baseball.
America has rolled by like an army of steamrollers.
It has been erased like a blackboard, rebuilt and erased again.
But baseball has marked the time. This field, this game: it's a part of our past, Neno.
It reminds of us of all that once was good and it could be again...

(a corrupted version from a quote in Field Of Dreams)
I have to genuinely hold back the tears when Mr. Jones speaks them.

Swing away.
...Oh yeah, I love the B-side of 'Big John' by Jimmy Dean too!
edit on 16-5-2011 by A boy in a dress because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 07:27 AM
link   
Ok I posted three and will have to edit later. The internet company is here to replace my internet connection so I had to pump those out quick in order to not hold you two up.

I've got one more short one to post where Deson will explain the 'Green Man' necklace of Silo's (her Ship's necklace) and how it will take them to Silo.

BUT - I need to know - Do you want ALL of them to go - including the Yydryl - or just Dag and Adam?

I'll try to get it posted quick before my internet gets shut off temporarily and finish up with the Deson post.

EDIT TO ADD

Ok there you go. Just in case I get knocked off line for a few days you should be all set.

You can now choose who goes and how they 'get there'. Run with it as you'd like!
It's even open to having the Big Green Cat walk into the armory and place itself in position to wear the 'Green Man' necklace Deson's offering to either Adam or Dag as one of them has to wear it - or the cat if you choose.

So, I've left the keys to the Yydryl under the mat. Have fun with Her and all the characters - I hope you'll use them well while I'm gone! (IF I'm gone that is)!!! And don't forget to gas her up when you bring her back.

edit on 16-5-2011 by silo13 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 07:29 AM
link   
***see above***
edit on 16-5-2011 by silo13 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 02:39 PM
link   
A big green cat took yer bauble!

Note on the Dire Wolf mentioned: Dire Wolves (Canis Dirus) was a large wolf of the ice age, predatory of the megafauna of the time. It was somewhat larger than a Timber Wolf, and was around 5 feet long from the tip of it's nose to the root of it's tail, with a somewhat more massive head and more powerful jaws - presumably engineered to deal with the megafauna of the time. When the megafauna died out at the end of the Ice Ages, it was presumed that the Dire Wolf went extinct as well, following it's prey into oblivion.

Osborne Russell, a Rocky Mountain fur trapper of the Mountain Man era, kept a journal of his years in the wilderness, trapping the beaver. At the end of his journal ("published as "Journal of a Trapper") he included an appendix on the flora and fauna he encountered during those years. He has an entry therein for something called a "Plains Wolf" which preyed exclusively, it seems, on the buffalo of the plains. He distinguishes it from the Timber Wolf, stating that it was of a greater size, five feet from the root of it's tail to the tip of it's nose, and most frequently of a white color, as opposed to the gray and tan hues of a common Timber Wolf. He saw these creatures with his own eyes, and the description, from the size to the predominant prey, matches what we know of the supposedly extinct Dire Wolf.

When the buffalo were hunted into near extinction, it appears that the Plains Wolf disappeared, perhaps for a second time. You read that connection here first. I've never seen it made anywhere else.

As a side note, I have two Wolf-German Shepherd hybrids. The bigger one, which is the male, is about 5 feet long from the tip of his nose to the root of his tail, and solid white. He weighs about 145 or 150 pounds - pretty darn large for a dog, but not unheard of. He, and his progeny, may be the last of their breed.

This is him when he was a puppy, and yes, he sits pretty much wherever he pleases:

This is him and his mate:

This is him again. The pad he's laying on is about 4 feet across. A Standard Poodle (kin to a Portuguese Water Dog) I have fits entirely on it very comfortably, and Standard Poodles are not your basic toy poodle - they're BIG:

I don't know why they love me, but they do, and I'm damned glad of it!

edit on 2011/5/16 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 07:26 AM
link   

Wouldn't a kennel made of wood be more appropriate that
constructing it out of video cassettes?
I'm no kennel-maker, so don't be too harsh, Neno!

new topics

top topics

<< 229  230  231    233  234  235 >>

join