It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Space Opera Working Thread

page: 231
<< 228  229  230    232  233  234 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by nenothtu

Be afraid...be very very afraid...

Have no idea where that quote comes from but I always thought it should be followed up with - ...and carry a BIG GUN...

I'm going to look back again through the posts but didn't you or BIAD say something about needing something to 'trigger' the 'Splitter'? Or a key to it or something? Maybe not but I thought I read something about it...

Could 'it' be that 'plug nickle'???

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by silo13

I'm going to look back again through the posts but didn't you or BIAD say something about needing something to 'trigger' the 'Splitter'? Or a key to it or something? Maybe not but I thought I read something about it...

Could 'it' be that 'plug nickle'???

Oh, the irony of having the trigger all along... synchronicity rears it's ugly head, and that would make the Dark Lord have to find US, even if he had the device!

Oh, and this:

Ha! she thought to herself with a crooked smile.

Crooked smile? See... it IS genetics!

edit on 2011/5/6 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by nenothtu and BIAD

Oh, the irony of having the trigger all along... synchronicity rears it's ugly head, and that would make the Dark Lord have to find US, even if he had the device!

Oh my...

So with that being said... Who is the 'She' Silo asked Gnarly to take the old earth nickle to? Any explanation pop up under either of your pens?

peace

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Yes, poor Gnarly has gone to visit a lady who may assist.
A beauty that would break many a-heart.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by A boy in a dress

it was said she kept souls in preserve jars.

Oh my gawd, one of the best lines I've read to date! LOL!

Can't wait to get to a post tomorrow, you've given me lots of stuff to work with - Saaaa-weeeet!

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 06:49 PM
link   

reply to post by nenothtu and BIAD

Oh my...

So with that being said... Who is the 'She' Silo asked Gnarly to take the old earth nickle to? Any explanation pop up under either of your pens?

peace

Acts a lot like an old woman that can be run into in the Irish countryside - Bridget, I think she was called at one time, The Morrigan at others, and I dunno what else at other times. Same goddess. A triple goddess, having maiden, matron, and crone aspects. Gnarly just had a run in with the crone aspect, in the form of a gray alien. I had a nightmare about that very creature once or twice, or maybe even more often, considering the three aspects as separate beings.. Matter of fact, I do believe that somewhere back in the misty dim recesses of the Space Opera, neno has used Bridget's chesticles as a curse word.

Bridget is the christianized (as "Saint Bridget") version of the matron aspect, I think it is. The title The Morrigan comes from the celtic for "Great Queen" ("mor" means big or great or something like that, and Rioghan is queen, the feminine of "Ri", "King", as in "Ard Ri" = "High King"), so it's a title that a lot of folks seem to mistake for a name. In all honesty, I see the PRECISE behavior of the Crone aspect in the alien witch's behavior.

One of her jobs was as War Goddess (imagine that, in this context!). Related the the Bhean Side (or Banshee) as the "woman at the ford" seen washing bloody clothes and armor as an omen of a warrior's impending death. I think the story goes that even Cuchullain saw her just before his spectacular ending. Symbol was the crow, a carrion bird.

As the crone, she seems to have been fond of blatantly flashing fellas just to get a reaction out of 'em (i.e. the Sheila na Gig), and the crone was, according to some, the origin of our modern halloween type of witch. I'm not even going to get into the Mucklebones name - that's just TOO eerie!

Now, if the nickle is the trigger, it'll make good bait to have the Dark Lord seek US out, won't it?

And I expect Mr. Death would hang out at the Hell Mines quite a lot, eh?

I wonder if neno wouldn't just tell Mucklebones to cover herself afore she cotched a draft was she to flash him like that, trying for a reaction?

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 05:22 AM
link   
It looks like we've found a clue, people... I'm wondering what these 'pits' look
like... those damned Hell Mines.
BIAD has worked in a mine before... I think it's mentioned somewhere back.

It plays hell with the fingernails!
edit on 8-5-2011 by A boy in a dress because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Poor Ol Gnarly!
Between him drinking poisoned honey-mead and Silo about to loose the bar - looks like she wont have much keeping her from going along with you all.

Might even need some protection at that...or to help give some...

Or maybe she'll get sent to the mines for killing Gnarly herself!

edit on 8-5-2011 by silo13 because:

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Poor Gnarly... the expression 'don't kill the messenger' must of missed Carbiox!
It seems hidden forces are at work too.

Now... what what surroundings would make the mines be call 'Hell Mines'?

Onwards.... poor, poor Gnarly.

edit on 8-5-2011 by A boy in a dress because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by A boy in a dress

Now... what what surroundings would make the mines be call 'Hell Mines'?

I'm thinking Vulcanism - hot springs maybe, and thermal vents spewing out sulphurous compounds for effect.

Could be the reason for the cliff, too - maybe it sits directly on a fault line...

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 12:02 PM
link   
*Blushes painfully*...

Yeee-ahhh, I went and kind of painted myself in a corner with that last post a mine... Sooooo, either I'll hop back aboard the Yydryl and do a 'Our Silo' update or I'll just hang out and wait for either of you to tell us just WHO and WHAT those stranger are that he's walking up to in front of The Killing Joke.

Which by the way BIAD, The Killing Joke was the inspiration for Gnarly's death. Those red nails of your tipped in blood now or what.

Then again, maybe he'll wake up... Silo only said 'Sleep it Off'... No way of knowing yet!

edit on 9-5-2011 by silo13 because:

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Dash it! I'm a co-murderer!!
I'm doing a bit on Mucklebones in the Galaxy Palace and interrogated
by The Dark Lord and his cloned-minions.
Do I have her decide to side with us or for her to reveal all?

She can be an asset, yer' know!

I do hope Gnarly is okay, I was warming to him!

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by nenothtu

Yeah... escaping gases that can injure or kill... quite a fight scene there!

I'll sort something -Boss!

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Bring him back if you like - or - leave him to come in and save the day later? Either way is all all cool with me - use him as you will!

As for Muckle? On our side? COOL! Just have her hang one of those pine-tree air fresheners in the appropriate place.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 03:37 AM
link   
I'm not having nay luck with this at all...

Off white moon is not 'off white'...
Fool doesn't' look like he/she is smiling or really reaching for the moon...
Not looking at the cliff...ugh...
Can't see a coin in the hand but that's not so bad I guess...
Trying to make it look 'old' results in making it look washed out...
Leaving it up to show just how embarrassing 'effort' can be at times... LOL

edit on 10-5-2011 by silo13 because: yuck

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 07:01 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

I'll see if we can 'tickle your Jester to reach a bit!!

Good image, Silo.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Hmmmm, seems if anyone's watching the sign above the bar has changed...
I wonder if our friends will notice...and take warning...

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Good image, Silo.

Kind of you but as images go - that was poop pooppoop!
Sooooo I made another that is mildly accetable...

Off to work on another until someone gets me UNSTUCK from where I painted myself in! I mean sure I can go back to Silo on Ship and rough out more there but really what's going on is I'm dying to know who those strangers are Neno is walking up to? It's like I've got a great book and the pages are glued shut!

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Hmmmm, seems if anyone's watching the sign above the bar has changed...
I wonder if our friends will notice...and take warning...

Now that's what I call sinister!
There's something definitly unwelcoming about that sign... it really fits in.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Sneaky preview of what's up next...

OR

Should I ask Masqua to change the pic in the thread to this one... The skill is kind of corny and this one has the tentacle-dark-lordy-thing goin on...

What say you two?

top topics

<< 228  229  230    232  233  234 >>

join