It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Space Opera Working Thread

page: 230
<< 227  228  229    231  232  233 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by A boy in a dress

Ok there ya go! Silo the Doppelganger is in action - If that's what she really is - I have no idea and I HOPE to get your input.)

Lemme know what you think would work better for the story - cause I have no idea what she is or what she's up to at this point other than at a bar in Uktena looking for adventure and at the same time in her p.h.a.r.s 'healing'.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Absolutely brilliant!!!
I was there in that grimy bar!!

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 06:27 AM
link   
Is 'Dog' Death? I've no idea - sorry I forgot where he went these days.
But, it wouldn't surprise me if he was still about - especially around the 'new' Silo.

By the way - is Swarg around for this segment? I'd like to be able to hitch those two back up to the love wagon again - I mean - if there's another Silo 'out there' there's got to be another Swarg, right???

I hope...

peace

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 07:11 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Sure, you can have the dawg as He Who Dances With Shadows!!
If you can update me about Swarg, that'll be a benefit... sure, it's your tale too!!!

Great writing.
edit on 4-5-2011 by A boy in a dress because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 08:33 AM
link   

No no no no no no - I've had my fill a Death - that one's yours.
If you don't end up having 'Dog' be 'Death' - I'm sure 'Dog' will write his part as we go - the option is open for Death though.
As for Swarg, honest, I'm still having a hard time fitting the jigsaw pieces into place how Silo can be healing in her machine, but be in another place and time at the same time. Or is it? See, that's what I mean, lol.

Then again why am I beating myself in the head for this - doesn't the story always work itself out anyway? So, I'll just sit back and have fun with this one and whatever is around the next corner - it's a surprise for me too.

Thanks!

(Though don't forget, any help with the Big Rip and the rest I'm all ears)!

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

So, I'll just sit back and have fun with this one and whatever is around the next corner...

And that my cocoon-wrapped friend is the key!!!
I loved your Olde-time descriptions, by the way.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   
He'p! I'm floundering and drowning! Where are we time-wise? Past? Present? If it's "past", might this Silo be an "ancestor" of sorts of our Silo? A prime donor of some of the DNA that went to make "our" Silo in LAB? Or is it some sort of astrally-traveling teleport of spirit or soul, some sort of being "connected" to our Silo in some other way? I ask because she seems to know what a Vandalian is, but exhibits a curiosity about them, and a complete lack of familiarity, as if "she" has never met one - neno by name. In other words, she seems to exhibit an entirely different knowledge base to "our" Silo, and any memory shocks won't occur until after we stop the Big Rip.

Was neno's Great-great-great-great granny a barkeep? OR Is Silo connected in some fashion through space-time to this Silo?

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by nenothtu

as neno's Great-great-great-great granny a barkeep? OR Is Silo connected in some fashion through
space-time to this Silo?

Good question... next?!!
I think we're on a planet where the residents have learned an easier way of living.
Technology takes a slight-back seat and for the Grays -who inhabit the planet, they
busy themselves getting ready for 'something big' on the horizon.

The towns that grow around the coastline... (and maybe inland too)... have settled into
a semi-Olde Worlde-type of existence, where joy can be found in the bottom of an ale pot
or among the warm sheets of Big Bertha!
To think that somewhere among this lot is a clue to finding the device that can start a Rip,
it may seem a daunting task.

But Tibbs and BAID know you're up to it, Sir!

Edit: The girl who serves at the Tavern... (and we'll have to think of a poignant name as well)...
is just a simple girl who is identical to Silo13. Whether there's a connection between them,
well... you'll have to ask Silo about that.
Though I dress as one, it's a girls thing and they won't let me in on their coffee mornings.
edit on 4-5-2011 by A boy in a dress because: Left ironing in Edit Room.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by A boy in a dress

Edit: The girl who serves at the Tavern... (and we'll have to think of a poignant name as well)...
is just a simple girl who is identical to Silo13. Whether there's a connection between them,
well... you'll have to ask Silo about that.

Ah, so it's not "Silo" from a time between her escape from LAB and her stowing away aboard Yydryl. That narrows the possibilities, but I'll wait on the lead of another in getting my ID's straight before I forge onward from this latest post.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Oh... my mistake, it isn't Silo in 'our time' of course, she is still healing.
But I suppose it could be Silo pre-Yydryl.
And a link could be there between one time and another anyway.

My head hurts now.

Edit: I've just read your incident with the 'Taxers' and I was smiling all
the way through...
you're really gonna have to try and get on with people, Neno!!!!!
Enjoy your brew!
edit on 4-5-2011 by A boy in a dress because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by A boy in a dress

Oh... my mistake, it isn't Silo in 'our time' of course, she is still healing.
But I suppose it could be Silo pre-Yydryl.
And a link could be there between one time and another anyway.

I dunno. It could be Silo pre-Yydryl, but I don't know if her history goes back far enough to account for the time before the Big Rip. Only she can flesh out her history enough to know if that works or not. On the other hand, I do seem to recall her mention of "mud wrestling" in Space Bars, so I reckon she's no stranger to bars. It could work, assuming she's old enough.

My head hurts now.

Mine too. Keeping track of multiple time lines will do that to ya. I think Silo is having a hard time of it as well, and just remembered that I think she has another post here that I've not responded to with questions, and I'll have to see to that.

Edit: I've just read your incident with the 'Taxers' and I was smiling all
the way through...
you're really gonna have to try and get on with people, Neno!!!!!
Enjoy your brew!

"This should come as no surprise -
He'll tax the pennies from your eyes..."

Slimy little tax collectin' leeches! Keep in mind that Tax Day is just a little over 2 weeks past here, and for some the wounds where the pound of flesh was ripped away are still open.
Neno may have some sort of graces somewhere, but social grace ain't among them. Gets his point across, though - until the Boss comes back with more henchmen...

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 11:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by silo13
Is 'Dog' Death? I've no idea - sorry I forgot where he went these days.
But, it wouldn't surprise me if he was still about - especially around the 'new' Silo.

By the way - is Swarg around for this segment? I'd like to be able to hitch those two back up to the love wagon again - I mean - if there's another Silo 'out there' there's got to be another Swarg, right???

I hope...

peace

Might be. Technically, Swarg dies in this time line (until we change it by stopping the Big Rip, that is), but depending on "when" we are, Swarg may still be alive, or he may not have even been born yet. I'll leave it to you two to hash that one out.

No no no no no no - I've had my fill a Death - that one's yours.
If you don't end up having 'Dog' be 'Death' - I'm sure 'Dog' will write his part as we go - the option is open for Death though.

You know, Dog sort of reminds me of this hound I have here. Same disposition, especially where food is concerned!

As for Swarg, honest, I'm still having a hard time fitting the jigsaw pieces into place how Silo can be healing in her machine, but be in another place and time at the same time. Or is it? See, that's what I mean, lol.

Well, we haven't yet established "when" we are, or whether this is a younger version of "our" Silo, or a doppelganger, or a clone, or an ancestor of our Silo, or something else altogether. Therefore, the story is still wide open to however you all want to run it. All that's been established is that she knows practically nothing other than what she's heard of Vandalians, so we can assume that she's never met neno before.

I presume that this crescent-shaped artifact we're looking for has everything to do with the Big Rip, and since no one has found it yet, the time period is at some point before the Big Rip started. We've not found it yet, much less confronted the Dark Lord and his evil plans. I'd rather get back to Yydryl some time in there, and bring her and the passengers all along for that confrontation some how, to preserve the "old" history in their minds, so as not to make Silo's head spin any faster.

However you all want to steer it regarding Silo (or pseudo-Silo!), Swarg, etc, is fine by me. I'm only along for the ride - and because I get to beat up wannabe gangsta "tax collectors"!

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 03:06 AM
link   

He'p! I'm floundering and drowning! Where are we time-wise? Past? Present?

I dunno.

If it's "past", might this Silo be an "ancestor" of sorts of our Silo? A prime donor of some of the DNA that went to make "our" Silo in LAB?

I dunnno...

Or is it some sort of astrally-traveling teleport of spirit or soul, some sort of being "connected" to our Silo in some other way?

That's kind of what I was thinking maybe Silo in her moments of almost death is 'somewhere else' and it just happens to be where you all are. That freaky thing at a distance. Besides that? I dunnoo.

I ask because she seems to know what a Vandalian is, but exhibits a curiosity about them, and a complete lack of familiarity, as if "she" has never met one - neno by name.

That was the tough part...but can be explaned two ways. Silo never knew or thought of Neno as anything other than a 'U-man' - unless I missed it there was never a time when she was within hearing of his true 'self'. That - or - it's Silo, but not Silo. Eeeek...

In other words, she seems to exhibit an entirely different knowledge base to "our" Silo, and any memory shocks won't occur until after we stop the Big Rip.

There's that too. Like I said, I'm having a TOUGH time wrapping myself around this whole idea. I'm enjoying the mind bending but I still get brain cramps over it. And hey, I asked BAID which way to go and went with it. All good. I'm excited to see how it's going to work out. With a lot of guidance of course, lol.

Was neno's Great-great-great-great granny a barkeep? OR Is Silo connected in some fashion through space-time to this Silo?

Well, 'Our' Silo was drawn to bars for sure. The 'New' Silo - same. How it works out from there I'm in hope YOU TWO will tell me, lol, and I'll write it!

peace

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 03:22 AM
link   

Quick note: No need for Swarg, I was just curious. I'm trying to do all I can to back you both up on this Big Rip thing so let's stick with that and not clutter it up with Swarg. *sob sob* lol

Well, we haven't yet established "when" we are,

Nope, and I'm leaving that up to you two and following your story line. Can't help you there cause I'm a slipknot shy of getting this whole thing - not a the fault of your writing, just my understanding of the Big Rip.

or whether this is a younger version of "our" Silo, or a doppelganger, or a clone, or an ancestor of our Silo, or something else altogether.

I went with BIADS suggestion of a Doppelganger (horrid word that)... BUT - The problem is the 'New Silo' doesn't 'feel' like the Silo who's healing. More in some ways, less than others.

What it 'feel like' to me is Silo can do more than morph and shifter.

Could she be a time shifter? No.

But able to travel through it in a astral projection way, yes. Meaning, that, when she's in the healing machine - her conscious is still 'out there free.'

She very much wanted to be with Neno and BIAD and Tibbs. She knew what was going on around her even if she was 'out of it' and can't stand leaving the ones (especially 'her Neno') without help.

So, it's simple - she picked up her mind, packed her bags, and just WENT...

Ask her questions about her past - like - 'How long you had the bar?' and she'll answer 'As long as I can remember...' That would be her answer for everything. 'As long as I can remember.' Or 'I don't remember...' She'd also find all of you very familiar, but, not know exactly who you are...

It would only be when you three pointed out who she is, that she would remember - BUT - like in walking a sleepwalker - you couldn't do that. You'd just have to accept her for who she is and get to know this new persona of Silo. When the adventure is over - she's gone. Even better - at some point she starts to feel herself 'slipping away' (as she heals her body calls her back again?)???

Therefor it is Silo, but, it isn't at the same time - (going off BIADS 'Dallas' and the 'shower' explanation).

That would give you all an open end to 'create' this Solo for whatever you need and in any capacity, knowing she's not actually 'real real' - you know, all that spooky stuff at a distance stuff...

Added thought - Kind of like the movie, what was it, Groundhog Day, where the guy was real, but not real, doing things over and over again until he got it right - combined with a 'sleepwalker' and a well, a being that is able to transport their 'core essence' wherever they want, until they can get back to a 'healed' core again?

I should shut up now before I get it any more messed up, lol.

Tell me what you want - I'll go from there.

I do really like BIADS whole - it's a 'frontier' type town with a futuristic twist. And yeah, why not have the Grays be the ones taxing the town to pieces.

What ya think? Would that work???

edit on 5-5-2011 by silo13 because: barking spiders...I heard barking spiders...

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 07:28 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Of course it'll work, heck... if we have it that this Silo ends up with us we could...
I may be letting a secret out here, but if it means the 'Bar Silo' ends up on the
Ship, then with a drop of the 'self-splitting' Tibbs, I'm sure she could be absorbed
by the Silo onboard!

See...? all is possible!

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 11:51 AM
link   

'Bar Silo' ends up on the Ship, then with a drop of the 'self-splitting' Tibbs, I'm sure she could be absorbed
by the Silo onboard!

Or even before!

We'll have to see how it writes itself...

So now I'll just sit back and watch what happens. (In other words I will not post until I hear from you both, lol)...

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Well now, you just drilled a well, and ain't no telling how deep it goes! It'll go as deep as we make it - virtually bottomless, it only matters where we stop.

Recall neno's "dream sequence" where Margo tells him that "time" and "space" are irrelevant concepts anywhere other than the physical body. The "Spooky Action at a Distance" concept meshes well with that. It can be explained through some sort of exotic quantum physics, but we don't really need to. The purpose of a story teller is to tell a story that is self-consistent within it's own universe, not necessarily to educate or even mesh with any sort of "objective reality".

Likewise, there are all sorts of viewpoints on the "soul", or the "spirit" that don't necessarily involve taking the personality and memories with it when it goes. Our Silo, in her coma, evidently has some sort of soul connection with the barkeep Silo via that sort of mechanism. Whether she "created" that Silo through mind action, whether she found a double somewhere in the universe to connect with, or whether she has connected to a different version of her "self" in an alternate dimension (goes along with alternate time lines, and gets complicated, but it's one theory for precognition, deja vu, and like phenomena) Really doesn't have to be explained in the story.

No real neeed to get into the quantum mechanics potentials of it, unless you feel froggy. The strange "physics" presented by the unknown author of the Ummo or Ummite Documents would seem to work within that framework as well, but they might really break your brain to try to grasp. Link to Ummo Documents. Might be an elaborate hoax, but if it is, it's VERY elaborate, going on across 3 decades or so, with at least 1300 pages of documents on the odd physics produced and sent anonymously to a large number of people.

Really, the sky is the limit, and it only stops where we stop it. Isn't expanding your mind until your head is in danger of exploding fun?

I do really like BIADS whole - it's a 'frontier' type town with a futuristic twist. And yeah, why not have the Grays be the ones taxing the town to pieces.

Me too. Reminds me sort of the Firefly or Serenity universe. I really like that show, because it's the story that matters, and most folks never realize it, being couched the way it is in a sci-fi western. Some folks see it as a western, some folks see it as a sci-fi show, but nearly no one realizes that the human story at the heart of it is what counts.

Yup, it'll work, even if we have to MAKE it work!

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   

I must admit, I do enjoy dropping in strange links that let's the reader see
how it is all connected, but the reality is I only see it as I'm writing it!!

Maybe we're all just wired up in a pod like Silo's and the massive computer
that monitors us enjoys playing games.
If so, lets press on and see if we can get some copper-smelling smoke to plume
from that grill-like opening at the back... you know the one, the one that smells
of warm dust all the time!

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 04:38 AM
link   

but the reality is I only see it as I'm writing it!!

Aint that the truth! I had NO idea where I was going with the post I'm about to add, but, what we have now is a mystery to me!

What's up? Well, one of those 'coins' Neno let Silo 'choose' for the ale payment??? It's an old USA nickle that at this very minute is being taken by Gnarly to 'her' (???) in order for Silo gain information about just what the coin is and it's origins.

Needless to say it's going to lead 'her' (who???) right back to the trio in the bar - and - might just be our friends undoing...

Something tells me the Trio and Silo, maybe even Gnarly might be off to the 'hell-mines' soon??? Could that be where the 'Splitter' is hidden? Or something all together different??? Who knows? Not me! I can't wait to see where you two go with it!

peace

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Who says a nickel won't buy much these days? Ain't no getting over on Miss Silo!

I dunno about these Hell Mines... Casca worked in 'em, Conan worked in 'em... I reckon we'll have to see how nenothtu holds up to 'em - or escapes 'em...

edit on 2011/5/6 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 227  228  229    231  232  233 >>

join