It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Space Opera Working Thread

page: 229
<< 226  227  228    230  231  232 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 06:43 AM
link   
reply to post by A boy in a dress

Just freaking fab!!!!!!

I can't wait!

This is gonna get goood, no joke about it...

Let me try to wipe up the mess with the cocoons and Silo so I can get ready for the action.

I can't help but wonder how BRANSOM will figure in to all of this...

*evil grin*

peace

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

That darn Pyramid... the things you have to do to get some light
in the place!
The next part may well be about the Carboxians... I'll have to get
my thinking-cap on now!!

Onwards.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by silo13

I can't help but wonder how BRANSOM will figure in to all of this...

*evil grin*

peace

Well, if the plan is to travel in spacetime, more particularly the time part, and confront the Dark Lord before the big rip starts, thus preventing that rip from starting, it upends the story line in a hilarious way.

Bransom is then not President of the UEF, and never was...

...because the Earth was never destroyed to begin with, making her the surviving governmental member to fill that vacancy...

...because the Buzzards didn't expand into UEF space so urgently, and remained on the frontier, only clashing with us at the Black Rock Archepelago...

... because they didn't have to run from the Big Rip...

... because the Big Rip never happened.

Here's where the funny part comes in. Bransom is still a minor dignitary, and can't be a REAL power hungry monster, just the minor sort of power hungry monster often found in bureaucratic offices. Neno and Luder have still had run-ins with her in that capacity, because they both appeared to know - and dislike - her in this story line already when she assumed the position.

Neno won't have to kill Bransom in that grisly and graphic way that was planned for her demise, although it's debatable and still possible that he might do it anyhow, just for fun.

Only those involved in the confrontation with the Dark Lord will be aware that history has been changed, and the Universe saved. Everyone else, who stayed behind, will be none the wiser, because history will have taken this new track all their lives.

Just TRY getting drunk in the Space Bars and bragging about how you saved the Universe to people who never knew it was in danger! They will of course assume you are spinning a yarn to try to avoid a bar tab, and nothing more. They may even get a bit testy about it, or just laugh you're paranoid ass right out of the bar!

Imagine the interplay between strain and relief for those few who have been living with a tattered UEF and a missing Earth when they return to find all is well, and nothing ever happened. How confusing.

If Silo goes, she will of course be aware of the history shift, and everything that has happened - i.e. the birth of little neno and his transfer to his adoptive home, will still "be", but the mystery for the rest of the universe but those few will NEVER be unravelled.

If Dag and Adam go, then all of their personal history will have happened as well, but no one will recall it, and it will be a mystery indeed as to what prompted their escape from LAB. They will be "on the run", yet NO ONE WILL KNOW IT OR BE LOOKING FOR THEM! They will have just vanished from wherever they were before the Big Rip started, and will mysteriously have met "somewhere" that no one knows of. They just "ARE" now.

Neno, BIAD, and Tibbs will have met in their own personal histories and still all be together, but neno will have arrived at the meeting point by some means other than as a result of the fight with the Buzzards. He won't know how or why that was until someone from the new timeline informs him of that, since his memories will still be of his personal history that he took with him on the way to the confrontation with the Dark Lord.

I can see a lot of tense and/or (probably "and") comedic situations spinning out of that whole thing.

That's the problem with traveling through time to save the Universe on a fortnightly basis. You can never tell anyone what you've done, because they will give you that "special" look reserved for Conspiracy Theorists and paranoiacs!

edit on 2011/4/23 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 03:01 AM
link   
reply to post by nenothtu

Going to have to read this post a good bakers dozen a times to get what your saying.
Oh you've explained yourself great - just my brain gets all funky with this...

Adam and Dag - will they participate in this? I've nooooo idea.

Silo? I've a feeling once she takes care of the cocoons she'll be focused on finding out what happened to Carpet (as she thinks her child is dead).

If Silo goes, she will of course be aware of the history shift, and everything that has happened - i.e. the birth of little neno and his transfer to his adoptive home, will still "be", but the mystery for the rest of the universe but those few will NEVER be unravelled.

I think you'll find Silo isn't the 'mother' - let me U2U you now and find out if that's going to mess things up.

If Dag and Adam go, then all of their personal history will have happened as well, but no one will recall it, and it will be a mystery indeed as to what prompted their escape from LAB. They will be "on the run", yet NO ONE WILL KNOW IT OR BE LOOKING FOR THEM! They will have just vanished from wherever they were before the Big Rip started, and will mysteriously have met "somewhere" that no one knows of. They just "ARE" now.

So how's that going to work with Bransom. That she was after them but then just isn't? Or never was? Or that Adam and Dag just think she's after them, but wait, they'd have to know by that time she isn't? Oh bother.

I don't understand it, so I'll wait and see what's up with you and BAID - focus on the cocoons at the moment. Form there, I've NO IDEA, lol...

peace

edit on 25-4-2011 by silo13 because: eek!

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Adam and Dag - will they participate in this? I've nooooo idea.

I think most of the characters still around will have to be dragged into the quest against the Dark Lord and the Big Rip, because the very meeting of them in the story line is contingent on The old, unchanged time line. Those who don't go on the quest may not "know" folks they've interacted with ever since the story began without the Big Rip, and will be strangers in the "new" time line.

Silo? I've a feeling once she takes care of the cocoons she'll be focused on finding out what happened to Carpet (as she thinks her child is dead).

You know, you've never specified what it takes to keep Carpet alive, and there IS speculation that some organisms float through space, perhaps in some sort of "suspended animation" until they fall to a planet somewhere. It's a variant of the whole "Panspermia" theory of the origin of life on Earth. Worth considering...

I think you'll find Silo isn't the 'mother' - let me U2U you now and find out if that's going to mess things up.

Reply sent. It works for me. Poor, poor neno. It'd make his brain hurt if he had one!

So how's that going to work with Bransom. That she was after them but then just isn't? Or never was? Or that Adam and Dag just think she's after them, but wait, they'd have to know by that time she isn't? Oh bother.

She may still be after them, but in a far less powerful way, not being the absolute despot of the UEF any more, and never having been so. She'd be like a bureaucrat with a bone, in that case. You know how insufferably officious and self-important some of those paper-stampers can get...

edit on 2011/4/25 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   
I apologise for this seeming long-winded, I'm trying to rush the yarn along,
but there's a bit more to do before we get to the important part.
May I ask... do we stop the Great Rift or let it slide by?

I mean, is that the end of the story?!!

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Noooo no no no...
The story never ends...

And about long winded - no problem! Set better parameters...

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Noooo no no no...
The story never ends...

And about long winded - no problem! Set better parameters...

I will try missy!

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by A boy in a dress
I apologise for this seeming long-winded, I'm trying to rush the yarn along,
but there's a bit more to do before we get to the important part.
May I ask... do we stop the Great Rift or let it slide by?

I mean, is that the end of the story?!!

Nope, it's a never Ending Story. If we stop the Big Rip, then there's always the aftermath of that to deal with, and how we relate with the "new" version of history we have to live in, and there's always another bad guy, right around the corner... in the shadows...

We just have to figure out what Silo wants to do, and whether she'll be aware of the "old" history or not, as well as Adam and Dag.
edit on 2011/4/27 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 12:11 AM
link   

OMG-NOOOOO! I didn't mean it that way!

I mean - long winded is great - it sets SETS (not set which changes the meaning completely) it SETS better parameters for all of us!

Oh hell I hate it when typos frig things all up.

Great read by the way!

peace

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 12:12 AM
link   

We just have to figure out what Silo wants to do, and whether she'll be aware of the "old" history or not, as well as Adam and Dag.

Edit to add:

After reading the post again it helps - question is this.

So, everything that WAS - for Earth and BIAD, Neno and Tibbs, they will remember but it will never have been.

Questions: And this may help my brain cramp and show my confusion at the same time, lol, I'm brave, I'll admit to being numb on this one...

1. How does this apply to CindyMars in all her earthyness? Her fantastic past on earth, her books, her homes, etc. Are they all just *POOF* gone?

2. How does this apply to Silo and the rest OFF of Earth?

3. Here comes the one I don't want to ask but have to... *SOB* What about Ship's Center? But wait, if Silo went back in time BEFORE earth blew up (of course) and retrieved the samples then - would it follow that that part wouldn't have changed? No wait, it couldn't. Neno lived back before Earth exploded soooo...

ouch

Regardless of the answers I'll run with them, that's the beauty of the Opera, it always will work itself out. I'm up for it but I need a heading here you two!

Thanks for your patience, and BIAD, sorry again over that type-o!

peace
edit on 28-4-2011 by silo13 because: bbc

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Don't worry about it my Lady, as you may be aware, BIAD will jump
through flaming hoops for Silo and Nenothtu.
The poor creature has found friends that tolerate him and for
that, BIAD will hold existence together with hope and his garter-belt!

Onwards and noses to the keyboard.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Edit to add:

After reading the post again it helps - question is this.

So, everything that WAS - for Earth and BIAD, Neno and Tibbs, they will remember but it will never have been.

Questions: And this may help my brain cramp and show my confusion at the same time, lol, I'm brave, I'll admit to being numb on this one...

1. How does this apply to CindyMars in all her earthyness? Her fantastic past on earth, her books, her homes, etc. Are they all just *POOF* gone?

Nope, quite the opposite as a matter of fact. If the Big Rip never happens, and the Buzzards never attack, then Earth is still there, together with everything that was on it before it got all blowed up. It RESTORES what was, in a sense, by never having it been blown up to begin with.

2. How does this apply to Silo and the rest OFF of Earth?

It means that all of the intrigue surrounding the Big Rip never happened. The Penelope would not have met up with the Yydryl on this mission, but would have on the first meeting... I think. This time, we were on the run from the destroyed Earth, but the first time we were not - I think. I'll have to dig into some history there. So then, we will have met, but Swarg will not have died in the Buzzard attack. That doesn't mean that he may not have met his demise some other way.

It also means that neno will probably be on the run, a fugitive from justice. Remember, he was on his way to a Courts-Martial for his role in blowing up the NI ship when Earth was destroyed, wasn't he?

3. Here comes the one I don't want to ask but have to... *SOB* What about Ship's Center? But wait, if Silo went back in time BEFORE earth blew up (of course) and retrieved the samples then - would it follow that that part wouldn't have changed? No wait, it couldn't. Neno lived back before Earth exploded soooo...

ouch

Ships Center was a labor of love by Silo, a result of her peculiar (but perhaps NOW explainable!) affinity for Earth. In other words, just because Earth still exists, doesn't mean that Ships Center cannot. There are artificial biospheres on Earth now that replicate other areas of Earth, but both still exist at the same time. It would be like that.

Regardless of the answers I'll run with them, that's the beauty of the Opera, it always will work itself out. I'm up for it but I need a heading here you two!

Not much would change for you. The major changes are that the second meeting with Penelope would not have happened, unless it was for a different reason (and even then, Bransom would not likely have been along, especially not as UEF President), Swarg would either still be alive, or would have met some other sort of heroic end, and the battle of the Buzzards would not have happened.

More changes may be in store for Adam and Dag, since they would not have gone on the run from Bransom - unless they are with the crew that confronts the Dark Lord over the Big Rip. Then their personal histories would be the same, but the external history would be entirely different from what they recalled when they left.

So then, if you go with us, Yydryl will be much the same when you get back, but she'll remember a different history. An alternative would be for all of us to load up on Yydryl, and take her with us by some mechanism.

Or, if you stay, then some other mechanism has to be found to get the young neno from you to Vandalia in the "new" version of history. Simplest is to just bring you along.

Edit to add: It's also entirely possible that Deez never found the opportunity to have jettisoned Carpet out of the trash chute in the "new" reality. The part of carpet to be woven by Death into neno's security blanket could still be there based upon the "old" reality, as is young neno, but their entire back story as to HOW they got there would now be forever shrouded in the mystery of events that never happened.

The only link to "that" history and the "new" history is the recollection of those on the Big Rip Mission, and they ain't talking...

edit on 2011/4/28 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 10:24 PM
link   

The only link to "that" history and the "new" history is the recollection of those on the Big Rip Mission, and they ain't talking...

BIAD giggled at that!
Wow... a secret never tp be told, that's like the time when BIAD wore...
well, never mind.

Onwards.

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 03:04 AM
link   

My God your post is going to make me cry. Thank you for going to the trouble of answering - but am I confused - you bet. *frustration tears on the way* lol

I was going to go into the cocoon thing but I think it's better to wait cause really, I'm going to need a wheel chair, a pair of crutches, two I.V drips going and a physical therapist that looks like, well what he looks like doesn't matter - point is I'm going to need a lot of help to get me through this next part in the story line.

I don't know why I can't wrap my mind around it. I find myself feeling very deficient when here I'm supposed to have an imagination.

So, here's the thing. I'll go, Dag and Adam will go and the Yydryl will go. NO problem. Now you two will just have to give me some outlines as to what to write and I'll fire off as a supporting cast for this escapade for sure (until at least I finally get my poor brain wrapped around this new theory, etc)...

So, instead of posting the story line I was going to this morning I'll post Chumley Adam and Dag head to the Recovery Bay to get their noses cleaned up, and, Silo is waking up - etc. From there I'll wait to hear from you two.

Now back to Carpet. I'll wait on that until I hear from you two.

And, about Swarg (*sob sob*) - I'll wait to hear on that too??? I think???

And what is Silo asks about her baby? Well she wouldn't though as she thinks it's dead.

Oh the pain...

I'm enjoying it, but it still hurts!

edit on 30-4-2011 by silo13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

The Town Called Uktena...
A map that shows where the crescent-shaped 'Splitter' is hidden resides there.
A 'doppleganger' of Silo13, works in a Tavern near the Fusion Station.
Nenothtu goes up against a gang of drunken cut-throats.

It's all going on.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 02:12 AM
link   

OH OH! I can do the bar worker thing - no problem! LOL
I'll go read the thread and see what's up.

Doppelgangers? Ok, so, those make sense but add that into the equation and I'm' lost again.

Lets see, I think it looks something like this.

Big Rip + Time Change + Ignorant Silo13 = HELP! - Doppelganger + Some Hope = HELP!

Ok, all kidding aside (though I wasn't really kidding) - Maybe I should have Silo stay in the healing machine, her p.h.a.r.s and 'dream' the whole Big Rift and Time Change and Bar worker thing?

Now THAT may be a way to get through it. As for Adam and Dag, when Silo 'comes out' of the healing machine Dag and Adam at that point will have their own 'new history' to relate to Silo? Kind of like the Yydryl was put on hold a bit???

???

Would that work? OR, do you two still want to come back to Ship and take her and everyone else along for the ride?

Let me know - I'll save the post I wrote yesterday before hearing form you!

THANKS!

edit on 1-5-2011 by silo13 because: hope edit

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 05:46 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

OH OH! I can do the bar worker thing - no problem!...

I see you in one of those German-style Bier Keller dresses with frills and
a floppy hat! Drunken sots making half-passes at you, sore ass from the
amorous pinching and the eternal task of clearing splashed ale from the bar!

Ok, all kidding aside (though I wasn't really kidding) - Maybe I should have Silo
stay in the healing machine, her p.h.a.r.s and 'dream' the whole Big Rift and
Time Change and Bar worker thing?

Like Patrick Duffy appearing from the shower in 'Dallas' it was all a dream!
That may be the correct path, but I wonder if we can use some sort of 'remote
-thinking' for the barmaid.

Now THAT may be a way to get through it. As for Adam and Dag, when Silo 'comes
out' of the healing machine Dag and Adam at that point will have their own 'new history'
to relate to Silo? Kind of like the Yydryl was put on hold a bit???

There's a whole yarn awaiting there... to know what SHOULD of happened and to see
it as it HAS happened... a strange tale indeed.

Let me know - I'll save the post I wrote yesterday before hearing form you!

Put your stuff on... we'll find a way to make it gel together... we always have!

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Ok, I'll post that Silo is still healing. NO problem.

Just gimme a heads up on if you think Silo is 'dreaming' the incidents in the Bar on Uklena, maybe in her near death situation her Doppleganger feels a goose walk over her grave? But, is Silo dreaming it, is she really there, or is her soul looking for a stop over between death and life in the soul of the Doppleganger?

Once I get a heads up from you which would work best I'll post.

peace

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Phew!
that was a long one! (BIAD smirks at the innuendo)
I think something that implies that Silo and the Tavern gal
have a connection would make great intrigue... there may be
something to it all later?!

top topics

<< 226  227  228    230  231  232 >>

join