It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Space Opera Working Thread

page: 227
<< 224  225  226    228  229  230 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 03:33 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Well done Silo, a nice 'sewing-up' of the Milli-Squatch problem!
I'm a little hesitant on writing about the Ship, I'll have to read some
of the back episodes to feel more comfortable.

Mya I ask what is the immediate concerns?

Cheers-me-dears.

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by A boy in a dress

Thanks!

Here's the Reader's Digest Version of Ship.

Carpet? I'm trying to give you a better visual in my recent writing though for now you don’t need to be concerned with that as he’s missing. Whew huh!

Ship? She talks - but you can't 'see' her. She’s aware of most that goes on but like any living being not everything that goes on within her ‘body’ so there’s a lot of sway there.

The Ship itself is bio-metal etc, really just go with it - help 'groom' her for all of us. There have been few specifics.

I mean, if you keep in mind she's as 'bio' as possible - strong when she needs to be strong and giving when she needs to be giving then you'll be all set. (Throw something against a wall, it gives. You fall and reach out for the wall to catch you, it will). She‘s like a smart home. Her bio‘s helps out as the situation calls for.

Colors, sizes, shapes, all that - there isn‘t enough that‘s been clarified and nailed down to worry about specifics.

Ship has working droids, security droids, any kind a droid you need. They range from older version who are like the droids in Star Wars to the Humanoid Droids in later sci-fi (utterly indistinguishable from humanoids). They’re a motley crew as Ship had scrounged them up - with Chumley’s help - from Ship graveyards, etc, second hand droid sellers, lol, and such.

Her floors (three that we've spoken of but who knows if She has more?) are laid out in a circular fashion around her middle - The Center.

The Center - though transparent looking from the outside really contains 'Ship's Center' accessible by a 'mammoth door' - or through access 'caves' - again - no one knows how many or how few.

Ship's Center is a replica of earth, massive and wild.

So really, have fun with it. I for one am really going to enjoy seeing what you do with Her. As long as the 'Center' (location) doesn't change the rest of her is pretty much up for your creative input.

Who else is aboard? Deson? He's the horse-like-creature and the Armour - who sticks to his armory and the docking bays. Passion for weapons, and machines - bio or not. He’s stogy, opinionated, very upright, no humor, etc.

Deez is the problem at the moment on board.

He's a small rat like creature that can change into a monster when he's provoked. He has an implant called 'My Eye' that controls him. The controller? We don't know yet.

From an old story line of Studious - there are some cocoons hidden 'somewhere' outside Ship proper but before the internal wilds of the Center (maybe an air access duct room? Dunno). The cocoons contain missing captains and crew of the Yydryl and the Penelope boarding party. I don’t think names at this point are important.

Deez? He eats, and then keeps the cocoons 'alive' by regurgitating for them. Snake like tentacles whip out and fight over the food then keep the cocoons and residents therein alive. But unless you and Neno want to deal with this it isn’t really important.

Why? Because we do not know the fate of Deez, who he's controlled by, who exactly is in the cocoons anymore, why they're being kept on Ship and (here's the BIG ONE for me) WHY Ship doesn't know they're aboard.

I don't know if you and Neno want to tackle the ‘cocoon’ subject or not.

For me - I'll just go with whatever comes up but honestly I'd rather stick with the Neno thing and finally get to the Dark Lord and the Big Rip and see what happens with the cocoons later. I have a feeling that side of the story will write itself if we concentrate on the Big Rip and the Dark Lord - or whoever the bad guys are.

Whatever direction you want to go in is fine, I’ve no plans other than to get Silo well, get Adam and Dag settled in and keep them as far from Bransom as possible. Also, I want to expose Chumley’s culpability in being the one that originally brought Silo aboard, but those are all little things in the big picture I hope you and Neno will paint. I’ve no idea how to handle the Big Rip and will do all I can to support you two but I don’t know how much I’ll be able to offer. It’s beyond my understanding for real.

edit on 20-2-2011 by silo13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

There!... a little house-keeping and the young Nenothtu is settled on Vandalia with
his two Rootak parents.
Later, we may 'hook-back' that way... (as Neno would say!)... and see how our young
hero is faring, it may show a piece of the story-jigsaw.

So now we click-clack our high-heels around the Ship, go on BIAD... don't be afraid.

Thanks for the summary Silo.
edit on 21-2-2011 by A boy in a dress because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Oh how cool is that! I love the post and I'm so happy it all worked out and they're in a little bit of Eden...
Hopefully the snaked will stay out for a bit.

Really great read, thank you.

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 12:12 AM
link   
So Adam, Dag and Chumley are pretty much settled in and Silo's doing whatever it is that happens in that healing machine.

If there's anything we can to from the Yydryl to help you all get to Ship or the Penelope please just lemme know what it is.

Also - I put in a little 'teaser' over the key-chain Ernie has to get into the Cabin. Ernie --> way back

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 11:56 AM
link   
*Peaks in the Room*

'Damnnn, the dust bunnies are getting big in here!'

...Echo - Echo - Echo - Echo....

Hope you two are ok and well and doin' good and all that...

It's times like this when I wonder if Chumley farted or something...

Anyway, I'll tie up a few loose ends in my next post, should be up in a few... I've no idea where we're going from here but I'll wait before going any further than doing some house-cleaning...

peace and again, I hope you two are doing great...
edit on 7-3-2011 by silo13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 03:23 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Sorry for the delay... a work colleague was murdered by her partner
and all hell let loose. The flip-side is that Death decided to let the
trio tarry a while in a world where their lives were humdrum and standard.

This is what happens when you take your finger off the pulse!

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 05:44 AM
link   
reply to post by A boy in a dress

Wow - and I thought the Space Opera was dramatic.
I hope you didn't loose someone close to you.
Problem is even not, someone did.
Hope you're doing well...

I've had a delay of my own, nothing note worthy, but, should have a post up today or tomorrow. I've got to get something out to wrap up this 'Carpet' thing... I still wish Carpet would have found it's way to the 'baby' somehow, but, the time is past.

Take care

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 11:57 AM
link   
I hope I haven't 'scuppered' anyones plans here, I just feel that
other scenery is needed to be able to move forward,
Don't worry, we will return to the Yydryl.

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by A boy in a dress
I hope I haven't 'scuppered' anyones plans here, I just feel that
other scenery is needed to be able to move forward,
Don't worry, we will return to the Yydryl.

I've not got any plans at the moment - I'm just sort of wandering aimlessly through my house, trying to recall my name...

No plans scuppered here!

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 10:11 PM
link   
Hi Neno... glad to hear from you.
Hope you find your way back to story-telling!
BIAD.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 04:45 AM
link   
Hey Neno - welcome back - hope you're well.
And nope, no scuppering done!

One thing - there's a kinda snarly problem with the location of Silo's Pod. It's in her quarters (see below that little machine thingy). Also the medical facilities were trashed. That's not so much a problem as the medical wing was supposed to be 'fixed' while Chumley and Silo were gone, so, the facilities being 'fixed' I can cover, but, I can't cover the move of Silo's p.h.a.r.s to the medical room.

Maybe it was a 'trick' and the real Silo along with Adam and Dag are still waiting in Silo's room where I left them??? Problem there is you talked to Ship so I can't spin that to have you being mislead by Deez...

Well I dunno but if you don't want to do a quick rewrite having you all just pop into Silo's room I'll need a bit to figure out how to spin this one. Lemme know...

Beyond that are you going to get a message to the rest of the gang so they don't worry about you guys or is that going to be a theme I can run with - everyone wondering if you all are frozen stiff somewhere or dead or whatever. The problem with going without some kind of notice is Adam would not sit still on the Yydryl if he thought you all were in need.

So, what now, lol.

peace
edit on 28-3-2011 by silo13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

I didn't get that SILO 's pod was in any sort of medical bay - it said her "pod room", which could just as easily be her quarters - one may assume that the pod takes a dominant position within there.

As far as Adam and Dag's notice of "where" we are or "when" we are, Ship told us of their "current" position, and perhaps she can inform them of ours as well? Until we "blink" out back to the past again, that is.

Since my last post here, an idea has been trying to form itself in my head concerning "where" or "when" we should go to rectify the 38 minute discrepancy (glad it wasn't "42" minutes - we might have the answers to Life and Everything then!).

Suppose we had to go back to Vandalia of some odd years ago to "redirect" the 2 year old neno to where he'd be found wandering the woods by his adoptive human family? a 38 minute "miss" in the deep dark woods could be all the difference between survival and death for the boy... which would no doubt throw off his "modern" self, and presumably those travelling with him in the temporal landscape...

Just a thought, and a half-formed one at that.

His birth-date was 2271 AD (July), making that travel to the year 2273 AD or thereabouts, from the current year of 2320 AD (or has this story gone long enough to make it 2321 now?) - 49 or 50 years ago.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by nenothtu

I didn't get that SILO 's pod was in any sort of medical bay

Oh it would be so much easier if that were true, believe me, I don’t want a re-write as much as the next guy/girl.

But...

The large green-furred cat sat next to the door of Silo's 'Pod-Room' as Nenothtu, BIAD and
Tibbs turned the corner on Level Four and with nothing more than a patting of Neno's hand
on his head, the feline joined the group entering the medical facility.

And then it went on to describe Silo in her pod, etc.

Therein is my confusion.

Help me out here if there’s something I just do not get.

As far as Adam and Dag's notice of "where" we are or "when" we are, Ship told us of their "current" position, and perhaps she can inform them of ours as well?

Great! Not a prob then!
I'll have Ship tell the others you were there, then left. The whole 'Thanks for the time on earth and hope you all are well' good wishes can wait for later...

peace
edit on 28-3-2011 by silo13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by silo13

The large green-furred cat sat next to the door of Silo's 'Pod-Room' as Nenothtu, BIAD and
Tibbs turned the corner on Level Four and with nothing more than a patting of Neno's hand
on his head, the feline joined the group entering the medical facility.

And then it went on to describe Silo in her pod, etc.

Therein is my confusion.

Help me out here if there’s something I just do not get.

Let's try this on for size - Assume that the story at this point is being told from BIAD's perspective, which it is. Is there anything at the entrance to SILO's quarters that would mark them as such, or, could it be from the perspective of a "first-time visitor" that the FARS pod is situated in such a way, i.e. near the entry portal or something like that, that it would dominate the view of one who had never been there before, so that it would give the impression of being in a medical facility? The notion of a "pod room" would seem to indicate that it wasn't a "full blown" medical facility, THE medical bay, so that perhaps one could assume it to be "a" medical facility, rather than "the" medical bay?

I don't really know, since I'm not all that familiar with the layout of the Yydryl in general, and SILO's quarters in particular. I get the notion that if neno's "cat" hadn't been sitting at the doorway, we'd have never been able to find it, anyhow...

Speaking of the "cat", I'm thinking s/he's going to name itself - something like "Snarf", by telling neno the name through telepathy or the like - a thoroughly confusing situation for him, since he assumes that everyone around just heard his "cat" speak to him, when they head no such thing...

Poor neno - always 38 minutes behind the times! If there ain't anything to be killed nearby, he seems at a loss dealing with the "modern" world (WHENever that might be)...

I liked BIAD's description of the Yydryl walls and such - I could almost see the blood vessels and organic membranes of a living entity.

Oh, and Tibbs splitting into 7 dwarves? I half expected Snow White to jump out from behind a corner and yell "BOO!"

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by nenothtu

Considering the picture of the p.h.a.r.s in the middle of Silo's room (the same picture I posted here in the working thread) has already been posted in the story it's a little tough to try and - from anyone's standpoint - describe the room as 'medical facilities' but no harm done I've figured out a way to write around it so there'll be no re-write required in order to stay true to the story.

Hope to have a post up tomorrow - though it shouldn't matter as the stories are no longer intertwined.

peace

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

I'm hoping I fixed the dilemma -Missy!
Neno's idea of visiting Vandalia and saving the kid from a peril
is very inviting.... there's fun to be had there!!

If I get time, I'm gonna do a 'Neno' pic to give the gals some eye-candy!

Hope the 'fix' is okay.
edit on 29-3-2011 by A boy in a dress because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Great fix!

So, the question now, does Ship know you all were there in the room?
Chumley couldn't 'see' you all but you talked to Ship so?

And if so I bet that's why Ship insisted Silo be moved ASAP after you all teleported out. Bransom had hinted before at being able to 'trace' teleports... Yeah that must be is and Ship just didn't have time to tell Dag before 'he' went into a fit.

My head hurts, lol.

Have fun on your voyages to the past!

edit on 30-3-2011 by silo13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

See...? you're correct about the story having a life of it's own!
I'm gonna do some back-checking on dates and the like to make
sure our next appearence is okay...
Where and when, that's the question.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 08:49 PM
link   
"Shock" seems to be the new black in the Space Opera! Maybe Bransom's planned grisly demise will fit right in...

We've got Adam laying a lip-lock on his little "boy" friend, and young neno eating fuzzy grubs - no wonder he's the only castaway that survived Khalamzadar!

Speaking of fuzzy grubs in Vandalia, I was once upon a time playing with one in that area when I was younger, and the little bugger STUNG me with some of those hairs sticking out of it's back. It was the first time I ever realized that those cute (and crunchy) little things could fight back. That lesson stood me in good stead in later years.

Never eat the ones with four tufts of long yellow hairs sticking up from their backs. You'll regret it...

Now I've got to wonder what the rumbling noise is... don't hurt the Rootak couple, though. They become legendary folklore in that area as time passes by, searching human settlements for a lost child, although the humans don't know that's what they're up to!

maybe I'll fall out of this funk soon, and have something to add. Until then, I'm reading right along. Like a junkie, I needs muh fix!

new topics

top topics

<< 224  225  226    228  229  230 >>

join