It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Space Opera Working Thread

page: 218
<< 215  216  217    219  220  221 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 10:22 AM
link   
reply to post by nenothtu

Hey You! Great to see you!
How about it, can I use the photo you posted for me next post?
After a little photoshop that is?
Thanks tons!

Edit to add:

BUST OUT LAUGHING!

I stuck the pic in PS just to take a peek, blew it up to like 5 times it's size and then...saw the dirty green bird!
ROTFL!
edit on 15-12-2010 by silo13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Sure, go for it! Don't talk junk about his favorite toy, though... he's mighty defensive of it...

Maybe he's a bird-dog in disguise!

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by A boy in a dress

...Neno patted Mary's ass.

I was reading along thinking, hmmm, they're in the snow, does that mean somehow they took a wrong turn on a teleport and ended up at CindyMars cabin where it‘s storming???

Nooooooooooo you're in Bethlehem! ROTFL!

(And there’s a part of me that wonders if that whole installation in the Space Opera was created just for that one line!)

Great post!

I’ve got a post but will wait a day or two - then I should be back on Ship, though still in the Center...

Happy Holidays Everyone!!!

peace

(Boy oh Boy do I know someone who’s gonna get some coal for Christmas)!

peace

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by silo13

...Neno patted Mary's ass.

I was reading along thinking, hmmm, they're in the snow, does that mean somehow they took a wrong turn on a teleport and ended up at CindyMars cabin where it‘s storming???

Nooooooooooo you're in Bethlehem! ROTFL!

(And there’s a part of me that wonders if that whole installation in the Space Opera was created just for that one line!)

I know, right? That was just wrong on so many levels - not the least of which was the time and effort I had to put into drying out my keyboard from having made the unfortunate mistake of drinking while reading...

Note: blow dryers work pretty well for that, but if the drink happened to contain lots of sugar - say, a coke or something - it behooves one to take it into the shower and hose it down. Disconnect it from the computer first - that's one mistake I won't be making again soon...

Great post!

I second that!

I’ve got a post but will wait a day or two - then I should be back on Ship, though still in the Center...

It strikes me that we have two births going on at the same time here - separated by time and space, but simultaneously all the same. How odd is that? It's bringing to mind a whole new theory of time...

Happy Holidays Everyone!!!

peace

Same to you, and to all who are reading this!

(Boy oh Boy do I know someone who’s gonna get some coal for Christmas)!

peace

I'm putting in an order for my lump of coal to be laptop-shaped. I'm easy, though, so candy-cane shaped works for me, too!

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Hear Ye, Hear Ye!

Be it known to all men by these presents that henceforward and forthwith, the annual reading of "T'was the Night Before Christmas" at the nenothtu household shall be now, and forevermore, replaced by an annual reading of "The Space Opera Christmas Story".

Entered into law by Proclamation this 26th day of December, 2010.

Seriously - I laughed, I cried - I may even have wet myself, and I certainly had to hose down the old keyboard a couple of times from impromptu spewing of things like egg-nog and mulled rum going on. All of the kids and dogs around here are afraid of me now - they think I may be dangerously close to losing it with all the unexplained cackling.

Sometimes, it's good to keep folks guessing....

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 02:05 PM
link   

I must admit, it made me giggle behind my long red fingernails!

You looked quite dashing up there on that stable roof.
BIAD.

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by A boy in a dress

I must admit, it made me giggle behind my long red fingernails!

You looked quite dashing up there on that stable roof.
BIAD.

Balance was an issue... snow, roof slope.... spotlight... it could have turned out worse!

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 03:09 AM
link   
HUGE APPLAUSE!
(I’d say standing ‘O’ but not with the way you two have of twisting words ROTFL)!

I truly truly enjoyed the last bunch of posts by you two!
I’m glad I waited to post a new installment, I just couldn’t have broken up that fantastic tale!

WONDERFUL STUFF!

So, I’ll sneak in a post now and hope to meet up with you all in the future... Or the past... Or, well, whatever.

peace and HAPPY NEW YEAR!

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 05:11 AM
link   

The temperature has certainly improved in our next 'jump'!!!
(This left is only to celebrate New Year's day!)

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 04:41 AM
link   

"neno like warm!"

< scratches self vigorously, then looks for a tree to climb - no, neno! NOT the Saguaro Cactus! Bad neno!>

edit on 2011/1/4 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 06:01 PM
link   
BIAD, you seem to have done a lot of homework selecting the characters for this latest installment! I decided to research Doc Holliday a bit, and found this out to my surprise - there appears to be a discrepancy between photos of Doc taken in 1882 Tombstone by C.S. Fly, and photos known to have been taken of Doc previously.

His graduation photo from Dental School in PA (1872, age 20) :

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/a5a9b5cf2ba3.jpg[/atsimg]

His photo from Prescott, Arizona Territory (1879, age 27) :

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/2bc48e90fba3.jpg[/atsimg]

These two photos, although taken 7 years apart, and though the 1879 photo is pretty grainy, both clearly show the same man, and they are confirmed to have been the actual Doc Holliday.

Now, in 1882 Tombstone, a guy named C.S. Fly (not, I note, "McFly") ran a photo studio/boarding house which Doc had a room in. That boarding house was the eastern wall of the vacant lot in which the Tombstone gunfight between the Earps and Clantons took place. Ike Clanton had actually gone into it the morning of the gunfight looking for Doc Holliday.

As a photographer, C.S. Fly took the following photographs of an individual who has been claimed to be Doc Holliday:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/405cc07ea5cf.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/2d5914bd9775.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/c2c1c42eb790.jpg[/atsimg]

Clearly, these last 3 are of the same man, and just as clearly (looking at the hair part, the hair at the sides of the head, the jawline and chin, and especially the eyes) they are NOT the same man as has been known to be Doc Holiday from the earlier photos.

So, who did C.S. Fly photograph, claiming to be Doc Holliday?

To avoid making it any creepier, I'm NOT going to post the photo I have of my great grand-dad...

To cap this post off, here's the full photo of Doc Holiday in 1879 in Prescott, Arizona Territory, complete with his fancy duds and his lip-ferret:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/5fac9a015591.jpg[/atsimg]

Photo and information source

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Oh lawks!!! If this turns out well, can't we call it 'Facts' and set up a website
for the lost and lonely to donate money for our cause!?

I did do some checking to add flavour to the tale... but all the information is
in the subcarrier... men are walking up and down the hallways in shock as we
speak!!
Now where's that badly-designed baseball cap...!

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 12:56 AM
link   

I think we have to call it "theory" and "hypothesis", but then we get to insist that it's FACTUAL theory and hypothesis, and scream that anyone in opposition doesn't know what they're talking about! If we get REALLY good at it, we get to try to erase opposition from the internet. The subcarrier will just carry them right away, at a speed of about 4 Janskys.

My Doc Holliday baseball cap is at the dry cleaners - I had to have it cleaned after I reversed the logo to show my distress at being imprisoned by the NSA Super Spooks and disinfo agents.

Several pages back, I posted a story segment (the "Margo in the mists" segment) that I think we can incorporate to kick off a brand new religion, too!

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 02:42 PM
link   
BIAD and Neno: I've got the 'birthing' post written and will post it ASAP so you can go from there.
It needs some heavy editing but I can stick it up there raw and refine it later if you don't want to wait.

Thanks!
peace

EDIT TO ADD:

Ok my eyeballs are crossing but I'll just have to post what I've got so I don't hold you up. I don't dare to leave it for tomorrow with my crappy internet connection.
edit on 7-1-2011 by silo13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

I see an assassination in Bransom's future... she seems to be going off the rails - neno don't like off the rails!

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 01:44 AM
link   

Yeah I was thinking that myself but she's too much fun to kill off at the moment - though you're welcome to her!

Now off to check my last entry - I'm afraid, very afraid, lol, I've a feeling it will be an editor's nightmare.

peace

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 05:34 AM
link   
I'm enjoying myself here and the toughest part... I love to dwell
on certain situations, but I know that I must press on to getting Neno
to Silo's side.
Loving it!

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 09:11 AM
link   
Let me know when you both decide if you're going to let Death send you to CindyMars cabin - or somewhere else in time and space! Silo will have to just lay there dying for a bit.

ADDED NOTE: Once I get the whole Adam thing figured out and back on Ship I think (hope) I'll have a new writer to introduce to the boards and hope this one will stick it out for a bit! As much as Bransom loves to kill even she felt getting rid of the last 'drop off' was quite messy!

peace

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 09:33 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Will do... as soon as BIAD let's me in on what's gonna happen, I'll report here.

I WAS tempted to 'toss' the three stooges somewhere else, but as you say,
time is getting on.
edit on 10-1-2011 by A boy in a dress because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 04:23 AM
link   

I've been getting some big time pressure from Chumley and Carpet - They want to go get Silo. :lol (When I start dreaming about the Space Opera I figure it's timeto move with it, lol!)

Also, I'm really enjoying the mini-series within the Opera and I don't want to interupt it. (That and I'm still confussed over the U2Us - talk about brain fart on myend!)!

See you two on Ship!

peace!

edit on 12-1-2011 by silo13 because: just cause

top topics

<< 215  216  217    219  220  221 >>

join