It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Space Opera Working Thread

page: 217
<< 214  215  216    218  219  220 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 04:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by silo13
reply to post by silo13

CindyMars - Me and mine are still sending those hugs...

peace

Hey hanging in there, big changes in the process and I have not had a chance to read the last post, so I am still in no place to write at the moment. Still with you guys though and will let you know.

Neno and BAID just have the Elves put me through a portal no conversation between us. If you need to.

Love and Peace!
Silo thanks for those hugs!

[edit on 8-9-2010 by cindymars]

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 01:29 AM
link   
:Been gone for a while. Might try to get something in by Saturday's end. Probably soon.

Sorry for the delay. Lots of projects.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 04:28 AM
link   
reply to post by cindymars

Good to hear from you.
Stay strong!

I'll look forward to hearing some posts from you in the future - for now - will be fun to see how BAID and Neno send you through the portal - and in what condition!

Let me know if there's anything I can do to help after - or anytime - heck - maybe you can meet up with me 'out there' in Ship Center where I'm headed at the moment to 'hide'...

peace

posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 01:38 AM
link   
No Studious?
Wow, this must be some kind of record.

I U2U'd CindyMars - hope to hear from her. We'd talked about doing some trekking about with your two characters - we'll see.

Neno and BAID - The little Sprint flier should be off looking for Neno by my next post...
I don't know if it will be useful for either of you but Deson from the Yydryl has programmed it to keep looking for Neno no matter what. So you're being stalked by a little 'live-flier' (part mechanical part live bio-material and part what? Bloodhound maybe)?

Take care all -

peace

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 03:12 AM
link   
A pitiful, plaintive wail emerges from the depths of the forest. "Neno lost. Again. Need bearings. Where neno?"

Now, I know that the "portal" gizmo would have dropped us back out into Ship's Center, back in our own time, but has anyone got any idea where ElfHenge has deposited me?

Has it deposited BIAD anywhere nearby, in either time, or space, or both?

What about Alice?

Tune in again next time, same Bat-time, same Bat-channel, when we'll hear our intrepid anti hero say:

"Wheeeerrre NENO? Neno want hot shower, clean sheet, hot grub. Neno not see here... "

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 11:40 AM
link   
What a concept, BIAD. "Death", as played by Strother Martin. I duuno if it was supposed to or not, but for me, Death's voice changed from a hollow booming echo, in that moment, to a nasally whine, which I could almost hear reading over my shoulder. "W-w-w-hut we have heah, is... is FAIL-yuh to c-mmoonicait..." I half expected Paul Newman to appear and ask for a few dozen eggs...

(as an aside, the film "Cool Hand Luke" inspired a childhood friend of mine To assault a row of parking meters in a VERY small town in Virginia, years ago. I still recall his pride in stressing that they were "Duncans. Duncan Double-Deluxes!". His life didn't turn out so cool as Luke's, though, and I'm not sure of the ending of his flick.)

Anyhow, I'm probably going to have the planet grab you.... but "where" is "here"? I reckon we just have to stayy tuned....

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 08:02 AM
link   
reply to post by nenothtu

Glad you enjoyed it!
I just wanted to give a glimpse on BIAD's extraordinary life that he doesn't yet
understand. The 'Martin' character was an insult to BIAD in a way, his brother
is showing him what powers he can wield and how the universe reall is, and
yet all BIAD wants is friendly company... to lead or be led, that is the question
-I suppose.

Well, onwards... what is that building up ahead?

edit on 1-10-2010 by A boy in a dress because: Left purse in Edit Room.

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Am I the last crewman standing from the Penelope?

I've got half a mind to apply for a job aboard Yydryl when we get back, and leave Penelope floating as a derelict hulk in space!

Then again, I've never had a whole starship of my very own before!

Bet I can get her from 0 to lightspeed in 0.2 seconds... but does "doing donuts" mean anything at all in space?

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Hmmm, good question Neno...

Anyone left on the Yydryl that isn't someone's creation???

Well in space you're not supposed to be able to hear someone scream but I'm going to try anyway...

"WE MISS YOU CINDYMARS"

So I know CindyMars said she's staying for the duration - as I will be... I guess it's time to go out and try to do some recruiting once again.

Will have a post up in the next day or two if I can keep this old machine grinding along.

peace

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 05:08 AM
link   

Ok Neno And BAID, the little Sprint - that's got room enough for two - is 'out there' diligently searching for Neno's bio-marker.

It's just a though - (and idea spawned out of Silo's want to help Neno after receiving the subliminal word that he was in trouble) - and you're welcome to it. That is IF the pre-programmed bio-slash-mechanical space flier happens to find you.

If you so choose to use it don't worry you're destined for the Yydryl.
If the Sprint 'finds you' there's no reason to think it will take you back to the Yyldryl unless you wish. Especially with the newly added in-flight training software installed you should be able to easily learn to fly it to wherever you want it to go.

So, that being said - if you'd like to use it or think you'll use it please let me know.

If not, I've a feeling we might just find that Neno has - a identical twin brother - or a clone - out there in Adam.

We really don't know that much about Adam other than he's ex military, ex pilot and almost ex alive at this point. He's crashed and waiting for Gorman to do something with him.
Since I don't see that happening I've figured we could use the Flier as a 'way out'.

The flier hones in on Adam's DNA (believing it's Neno's) - flies in to save the day (gawd only knows how that will be from realist level) and carries Adam off to - you guessed it. Ship's Center.

Yet again, if you want to use the flier have at it. I can think of many other ways to get Adam to Ship's Center without Gorman's assistance.

So, that's tossing the ideas into the ring, let me what you think. I'm in no rush but I'd like to know if the flier is something you're interested in or not.

peace

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Looks like the Flyer found us! I'm guessing that the last "space/time hop" deposited us on the planet that the Penelope and Yydryl have become satellites of, and so we ought to be back soon - to find Penelope deserted? To find Yydryl understaffed, over worked, worried about missing pregnant crew members, and with a 5th columnist in the form of Deson (or a Deson clone, or another shapeshifter disguised for the moment as Deson) aboard.

I'm also wondering about the thing that Grumpy had to say down there on the planet, and how they can work into fixing the Big Rip, thus thwarting the Dark Lord and bringing about an end to him, while also restoring the Earth. I'm pretty sure that "shooting God", or even A "god" (which one would you even aim for, and wouldn't that tick off his or her companion gods?), wouldn't get it done. Still, there might be something to it that could figure into the story, get everything fixed, and move on to the next episode.

I wonder how these dwarves tinkering with time and replacing planets by "fixing" the past and such would effect the re-appearance of Earth, and simultaneously the disappearance of the entire Penelope crew?

How would the "fixing" of a past event affect our memories in the present? Would neno even recall that the Penelope ever WAS? Would the "repair" just involve erasing the Buzzard fleet that destroyed Earth to begin with, so that "new" time started from there?

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Hi Silo,
I'm gonna have to do some back-reading to see what the characters already mentioned
look like.
Would you give me a condensed version?
Thank you if you decide to.
BIAD.

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 06:49 AM
link   
reply to post by A boy in a dress

The characters on the Yyrdryl. Wow... I've got pics of most, or close to what they are, let me look into my pictures and post them.

As for Deson, I hope I've got one but basically (and I mean very vague basic) he's a 6 legged horse from the waist down, and a man like being from the waist up - with a horse head. He's not social, very short and to the point kind a guy and work is what's on his mind most of the time. His 'kind' can't lie, but they can walk around issues quite well. I'll look to see if I can find Deson's 'behind the scenes' profile here on ATS and post the link. Deson (the real man) created the character and a background of his character and posted it here on ATS, I've just not got the bookmark on this old computer.

Ship - is the Yydryl - sentient, part bio material and part mechanical... Her 'essence' or 'self' has only managed to manifest herself once or twice, she's not yep capable of really 'showing' herself. The 'Center' where all the 'earth stuff' is, from the outside of the Yydryl looks 'empty' - Inside Ship's Center, is a miniature of Earth, that's actually extremely huge.

As for Chumley, Carpet and Deez, I've got photos I'll post when I find them - try to do it by the end of the day.

Me? Silo? Take a peek at my avatar. She's probably 5'3, slim, boyish, etc.

CindyMars is a beautiful blue goddess of a character. Do with that what you will... I hope she makes it back here before too long!

Ok, off to hunt up pics of Chumley, Deez, Deson and - though I don't have pictures of the 'Working Droids' the Yydryl does have droids that are part mechanical and part bio material that 'man' and attend to Ship's physical needs.

Be back with more!

Oh and if I haven't said it before? You're writing is SMASHING!

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 06:58 AM
link   

Neno
Your post asks many questions that leave me near to drooling like a post lobotomy patient.

I just can't wrap my pea brain around the 'what ifs' of time-travel and what it would do to 'now' as we know it compared to what it would have been or was without changing something in the past.

Am I intrigued by it? Of course! But I best stock up on drool buckets cause I just sit there with my mouth open going 'Whaaat?'...

Shooting God? I loved that part.

Wiping out the Ophie? I'm all for it.

Time travel and the rest to get earth back?

All with the 'Big Rift' breathing down our backs?

Wow... Just wow... I've not a clue how all that could come together wrapped up in a nice little tidy box, especially since I just don't think 'alternate universes' are the thing.

IMO alternate universes, to me, are just a kind of cosmic cop out. Like, if we can't fix it in this universe, leave the poors saps to it and move on to a new alternate universe? Naw, that just doesn't work for me, but, if that's what you all decide to do I'll do what I can to support it!

IMO - whatever we do is going to have to be something magical. And so obvious it's simple. Like finally we see the forest for the trees. A real life 'TA-DAH!" moment.

What that is? I hope you know cause I don't!

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 07:01 AM
link   

Here's ya go!

Species name: Kaylenian

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/627321925b5a.jpg[/atsimg]

You can find the rest of Deson here.

peace

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 07:18 AM
link   

Chumley! [atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/7965c6db8f07.jpg[/atsimg]

Deez, when he’s mad - I’ve not a picture for when he morphs into his horrible-being state - it’s just too gruesome to even comprehend (lol).

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/70e6678cc870.jpg[/atsimg]

Deez, on a good moment.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/43108048d935.jpg[/atsimg]

Added note about Deez. He was Antar's 'pet' and the last to seeher alive. He seems to be at the core of the evil doings on the Yydryl. he’s being manipulate by the Dark Lord by an implant in his body. His name for it ‘My Eye’ and it's embedded now in his body.

Could be what’s happened to Deson also? He’s being manipulated also (now) by the Dark Lord? We know Whisper was taken by the DL and presume Antar was also - we just have no reason why yet.

Here’s Cindy’s comic book self - just picture her for real and like a goddess!

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ede1a0cbed39.jpg[/atsimg]

Also there’s this one, CindyMars’s statue in the gardens of the Yydryl.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/1db85da2ba08.jpg[/atsimg]

And Silo’s ‘Green Man’ necklace, her only contact to Ship, the same necklace Deson has in his possession now, though it seems he can’t manipulate it, yet.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/de1576dfd945.jpg[/atsimg]

Carpet, lol. Here he is when his ‘force’ is moving through the weave of the corridors in the Yydryl.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/fc29945ef0f4.jpg[/atsimg]

He can ‘stretch’ his fibers to about 2 1/2 feet. Change colors. Change temperature. He can flatten himself almost glass like or become any manner of fuzzy weaves, soft weaves, stiff fibers, any for me thing that would give attention to the mood he’s in. He’s also very strong.

As a note. Carpets’ been my real challenge. I remember when I read ‘Christine’ by Stephen King I was so amazed at his talent for making something absolutely without life, into a living thing, and make it believable. That’s what I've been trying to do with Carpet. Take something so mundane and literally something we wipe our feet on and give it realistic life, emotions, etc.

Silo... In my avatar, and here in this pic.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ec60f46c0c5f.jpg[/atsimg]

There ya go!

edit on 22-10-2010 by silo13 because: link

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Thank you Silo... I will get on now and see if I can arrange a meeting!

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 06:12 AM
link   
Got a post up.
I hope to add one more before the new week is out and then should be ready to 'meet up' if that's what you all have agreed on.

I dunno how much we'll be doing around the holidays but a HAPPY HOLIDAYS and Happy New Year to everyone on the Space Opera, and here's too many more years of the adventure!

peace

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 03:42 AM
link   
CindyMars!
Ok so I left the door open for what we talked about, the ‘evil’ CindyMars...
Who knows if that’s the way it will go - I’ll have to see when I sit down to write next time - but - if you’re around let me know what you think and if you‘ve got any more ideas to add!
Hope you’re doing great!
hugs

peace

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

I loved the addition of the White Wolf, but then I have a weak spot for 'em - this is the one that lives with me, taking over my sofa:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/798a9735f2be.jpg[/atsimg]

He's a big, 145 pound baby. His mate is a LOT meaner than he is. Both are wolf-german shepherd hybrids, but the wolf shows a lot better in him.

I hate that SILO's eyestalks froze off. Are they gonna grow back?

A round of applause and thanks is in order for you and BIAD manning the ship whilst the rest of us are indisposed. I'll return as soon as I get this book writing monkey off of my back. Shouldn't be long now.

<< 214  215  216    218  219  220 >>

join