It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Space Opera Working Thread

page: 215
<< 212  213  214    216  217  218 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gorman91
reply to post by nenothtu

Actually I learned a very interesting thing. If you had 2 universes and one man met himself in another universe, he may not technically be himself. because in the past he may have eaten different foods and water sources. So while the universes might be totally identical, because one of the same man ate differently, he is made of different molecules from different sources. he is technically different!

That eases my mind somewhat. I WAS concerned about an individual meeting themselves in an alternate universe, and the same matter bits colliding having an anti-matter/matter sort of reaction, in which the entire individual is rapidly converted to pure energy via mutual annihilation of matter, thus destroying whichever planet he stood upon!

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Technically they would become entangled and God only knows what then. Because the same molecules in the same proximity are technically entangled. but they cannot become un-entangled, thus obliterating them into energy.

All I'm going to reveal is that that problem is solved for the ship, lol.

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Gorman91

Hey welcome. Good to have you.

Peace!

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 08:24 PM
link   
I have posted my entry into the story! hope you guys like it! Not my character yet, but rather an intro to the ship.

Oh yea Silio13, hope I bought Adams some time to get out of doge.

reply to post by cindymars

Thank you! Hope I write well for you all.

[edit on 15-7-2010 by Gorman91]

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Excellent opening post, and awesome pictures!

I get a distinct impression you're about to blow up President Bransom, so we might need a new UEF prez.... I nominate Luder!

I was about ready to fire Bransom and have her arrested for treason for going over to the Regallians, pending what exactly she was up to, anyhow!

Note: Regallians are allies rather than enemies, but it seems... unseemly... for Bransom to be up to no good over there...

[edit on 2010/7/15 by nenothtu]

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Lets make first contact first. Remember. Different video formats. How shall we communicate? who knows. A flaw chance now opens Adam to get away and the this president I know nothing about to make a first impression.

One thing I DO love about my ship. She's small, but damn she bites strong. Those poisons stripes aren't there for show alone! haha.

Well. I've landed into an armada and my ship thinks its a cargo convoy. Lets see what happens!

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 01:42 AM
link   

STANDS UP ON MY CHAIR AND CHEERS!

WOW! Now THAT is a FAB opening post!

*laughs for real*

Isn't that just the coolest.

This is going to be great watching you and Neno together. Your styles really compliment each other. I'm really looking forward to this!

I hope you're enjoying the process of the Space Opera as much (or more!) than I'm enjoying reading what you've got.

Ok, so not I've got to get to work figuring out if there's a way for Silo to make contact with you too... She's pretty upset she's not able to do anything to get the word out about Neno and his 'predicament'...

Is there such thing as a 'message in a bottle' in Space?

Maybe she could 'bottle up' a note, toss if off into Space and hope someone finds it?

A 'hope beacon'?

SOMETHING to help Neno?

Any ideas?

Thanks again...

peace

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 03:10 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Neno is just old and slow, he'll get there. I'm thinking "tomorrow" (story time) he and BIAD are going to run into an invisible brick wall, an elven ambush, Cim, and the return portal.

Preferably in that order.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 06:37 AM
link   

Oh I'm not worried about you... (That sooo did not sound right)...
I'm worried about Silo feeling guilty she wasn't able to get through to Bransom, or someone, anyone...

I think I'll try the message in the bottle. With a beacon even.

Why not?
And who knows who'll find that bottle in the future, the past, or even another universe (Oy vey! Would that work even?)...

Maybe you can use the M.I.T.B later for something cool there Neno.

peace

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 01:37 PM
link   
I am having issues, you may have to wait on me. Delay.

Just finished reading your first post Gorman, really exciting and fun!

[edit on 16-7-2010 by cindymars]

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Welcome Gorman91 and I agree with the others, that
intro was great!
BIAD can't even operate a can opener, so all this is a
little above his/her head (a little, BIAD?!)

Keep it up!

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Sorry the last one was so long I had to break it up but cut it down as I might I failed to squeeze it into one post.

Neno It seems the 'bottle' idea is out - dunno why but it just didn't flow like that. So now you've a little ship out there looking for you... Who knows what will become of it (if anything) - not I!

peace

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 07:04 PM
link   
So I have time to draw tomorrow. Wondering. What should happen to this presidential convoy? What should I do? How will it affect adam? I'm probably going to land to want to ask some questions to the locals if they are there.

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 03:42 AM
link   

How would it affect Adam?

Well Adam and Dag are just barely almost off the ground and Bransom has just landed - a great time for attack.

Now, if you choose to attack I'm sure Bransom will blame said attack in part on Adam and the Yydryl. No problem for me.

And, with Bransom's revenge turned to capturing the captain of the 'mystery ship' (that's you) 'in league' (or so she thinks) with the YYdryl - it would give Silo some breathing time. This is all good too.

On the other hand it'll give you quite a pain in your behind with her on you tail... EEEK!
But hey, she's all yours if you're willing - and able - and brave enough to take her on. LOL

As for Adam, I see him making it out - limping out - and since he's now being blamed for being involved in some kind of attack (we don't know what kind that's you're job) he can't return to LAB. This isn't so bad either.

Just remember you can't kill any of the main characters, lol. At least without permission...

What do you think? I won't move on any of it until I get a better idea from you what you'd like to do...

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Well I'm going to need a look at these ships, lol. Got to make them in the pictures. I'd imagine some sort of assumption that the unknown ship could only be people from the LAB and therefore something to be destroyed, in response, my ship would obliterate the fleet and her ship, and this president would basically be stuck with a half destroyed bulkhead of a ship to escape back to HQ on, and my ship getting the heck out of there in fear. Not sure what would happen to the LAB itself. My ship would probably want to stick around and use the shrapnel as materials for repairs. So the ship is going to be in fair sight of the facility. The question is if Adam would like this pretty new ship to help on their behalf. Makes good protection against the wrath of the president. Would take a while to realize that he's really after an experiment. Then it becomes some sort of "You used me" situation.

In the end, my poor ship gets a real harsh entry into this universe, and in desperate need for allies.

[edit on 19-7-2010 by Gorman91]

I'mma thinking something like this:

[edit on 19-7-2010 by Gorman91]

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 01:18 AM
link   

Hey good thinking - and you could even have Bransom attack you first - she'll use it as a 'false flag' saying you - a strange vessel - attacked her. And she's just mad enough to do it.

That and no one knowing you or your ship - they'd believe the President over you any way.

The thing is how to get Adam and Dag on your ship?

They're about to take off from LAB, Bransom is on the ground but her fighters are still in the air - all good for your ideas.

I can't imagine Bransom would blame LAB - too big too important. But she would have NO problem at all blaming solely Adam - and - as he snuck out without talking to her that is all plausible.

Maybe what happens is Adam's little rig takes some hits - he sends a S.O.S and you let him board your vessel??? It would be way cool to have him aboard your rig. Let's figure out how to get him there??

Added note: No ships to date have teleporter capabilities in the Opera. The problem with you having them is if you're a vessel from the past then the Penelope would surely have them too.

It's a bummer but that's out until someone designs the teleporter in current time in the Opera.

But I'm sure you can come up with a way to get Adam and Dag aboard without teleporters.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 10:39 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Well it is the past from another universe, but they don't have teleporters either
. Probably just as I said. Adam has friends she does not know about that have to be destroyed, or that's the ship she thinks Adam is taking off from. Seeing as My ship does not know what is ha penning, they will just destroy anything. Adam won't have a ship and LAB might be damaged a bit. Payment is transportation. Oh lord. I'm turning my ship into a heavy armored delivery truck. lol.

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Just an update. I successfully got the ship into the cryengine2. IE, I will be able to possibly render pretty sweet stuff.

EDIT:

mwhaha.

[edit on 21-7-2010 by Gorman91]

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 01:40 AM
link   

Would you like me to start an Adam post where he makes it to his rig but then everything starts to go to hell? Someone's attacking, they don't know who, they get fired on from Bransom etc etc???

Thanks

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Unleash the Kraken!

um... Other movie quotes?

LET LOSE THE RIVER!

new topics

top topics

<< 212  213  214    216  217  218 >>

join