It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Space Opera Working Thread

page: 213
<< 210  211  212    214  215  216 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Good News! (I hope)...
I've got someone who's considering taking the part of A.D.A.M from the new post that's up.
Or - better yet - a new character all together and will just 'try out' Adam to get the feel for the Opera.
So, I hope we've got a new writer!
Keep your fingers crossed.

In the mean time, if not, the two new NPC parts wont be around for long.

I know, what a tease huh...

peace

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

'No proof of mud wrestling Sir?' Dag asked clearly confused.

Silo! We never knew ye!

The plot thickens... They are coming for Silo, we're all off and away in time and space...

Oh, the INHUMANITY of it all!

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by nenothtu

Oh you just forgot, the mud wrestling was mentioned in her earlier post.

Don't kill this ADAM guy, I like him.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by cindymars

Oh you just forgot, the mud wrestling was mentioned in her earlier post.

Don't kill this ADAM guy, I like him.

See what old age will do to you? They say the memory is the SECOND thing to go...

Don't worry about ME killing ADAM, we're in a whole different universe at the moment.

I think he'd better be looking out for SILO, Chumley, and Deson, though... They might not be all that amenable to a capture.

I'll just have to keep clicking "refresh" to see how it unfolds...

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 01:57 PM
link   

No, not you...sorry. meant for SILO not to kill ADAM.

Edited to add:
Neno you just couldn't wait to put some clothes on!

[edit on 9-7-2010 by cindymars]

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by cindymars

Neno you just couldn't wait to put some clothes on!

[edit on 9-7-2010 by cindymars]

Bugs and briars were eating my tender self up!

Oh lord.... what if the thread gets wet in a rainstorm, and DISSOLVES?

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 02:15 AM
link   
Well I'm glad you guys like him.
Problem is it might be a while until I can get back to 'him'...
My computer is rump-roast.

I'm fortunate to be here just to get the notice through that I might be forcibly *off line* for a while.

Twice now in the last two days I boot up - the computer runs through all it's cycles, gets to the Windows XP page, and then nothing.
Not a thing.
Just a blank screen.
Can't even get safe mode.

I've saved all my info but I've no idea what is going on.

I keep a really clean computer too, all updated, virus scanning, defragging etc.

So, just in case I'm not around for a bit - I'll be back as soon as I can.

In the mean time I hope that 'new writer' gets in touch with some of you.
I don't want to say who it is without permission but I'll leave a message in his U2U. I've directed him to the Working Thread here - so - I hope he pops in if nothing else!

peace and take care all of you!

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Got a question I hope you all can help me with.

I've been working on an exit post today (I'm afraid to turn my computer off, so I might as well), and I'm hung up on a word to describe when Ship, at one point in her past (during her coming out test flight) 'materialized.'

Her energy 'formed' her in a human like, well, form and I need a phrase for it.

Here's a quote from the story line in development...

'The test pilot? She knew, though she never let on to me. She never even acknowledged I was 'there'. But that smug attitude when she walked past me on her way off the bridge? Yeah, she knew. But she also knew no one would believe her. There were no recoded cases of bio-ware, much less bio-ships spontaneously animating back then. Now we know different, but back then she'd been sent for a involuntary brain wipe.'

Is that right? [i[Spontaneous animating?

Would that be the phrase for Ship, in a moment of crisis, her energies so focused and intent the she animated in physical form?

Ugh, it just doesn't sound right to me...

Any ideas from you geniuses?

Thanks!

[edit on 10-7-2010 by silo13]

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

That's sticky. It sounds right at first, then a little off of the mark after a bit of though. Are you talking about her "animation", or her "sentience"?

I would think "animation" covers the biological processes, so any "living" thing would be animated.

maybe "development of spontaneous sentience"? I dunno... I'll have to mull it over a bit, and may STILL not find a satisfactory answer.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 03:02 PM
link   
"developing spontaneous awareness."

Is that what you're looking for?

"There were no recoded cases of bio-ware, much less bio-ships spontaneously developing awareness back then. Now we know different, but back then she'd have been sent for a involuntary brain wipe."

Something like that?

[edit on 2010/7/10 by nenothtu]

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 01:19 AM
link   

That's sticky. It sounds right at first, then a little off of the mark after a bit of though. Are you talking about her "animation", or her "sentience"?

I would think "animation" covers the biological processes, so any "living" thing would be animated.

She was sentient, but had never actually 'animated' or 'manifested.'
And, the energy it took to do that sapping her energy to perform well in the test flight.

Sorry I didn't explain it well before as giving you just a bit of the post led to some confusion. Sorry, but yeah, I'm looking for a phrase to describe when she, for the first time (and never totally since), through collected energy, 'manifested'(?) in a human type form...

So it would be what? Spontaneous manifestation? Spontaneous animation?

Neither sounds right though...

Thanks tons!

peace

[edit on 11-7-2010 by silo13]

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 02:13 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

I can't come up with a single word to describe the situation. You might have to use an explanatory phrase, like "physical manifestation" or "avatar formation" or something like that.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Hey y'all, I'm travelling for a couple of days, and if I can't find anywhere to post from when I light, I'll be back shortly to resume the grand adventure!

I'll try to fix my blank post in the story thread a little later. Gottta GIT!

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Silo I would say ships Avatar spontaneously materialized.

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by cindymars

Thank you thank you - both of you...

I've got some discs on the way to fix my computer (I've been leaving it turned on and I'm terrified to see what my electric bill will be)... Anyway, I'll do my best to get to the post before I go 'lights out' for a bit.

Thanks you two...

peace

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Drats!

It took me too long to get the computer set up and online at my secodary Evil Genius Lair, so I didn't get to edit my blank post.

I reckon that means I can think on it some more and develop it a bit more.

Certainly develop it more than a blank post...

[edit on 2010/7/12 by nenothtu]

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 05:03 AM
link   

*Sending message to Evil Lair*

Make a cool .jpg and ask Masqua to stick it in the empty spot!

peace

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

That will have to wait until such time as I am back at my Primary Evil Villain Lair, where my Super Computers are. This workaround 'puter here at the Secondary Evil Villain Lairs doesn't have that much smoke....

[edit on 2010/7/13 by nenothtu]

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Hi All! I'd like to introduce Gorman91!

I saw some of his 'Space Ship' work in another thread and invited him over to the Opera.

I'd like to use one of his 'Ships' for 'Adam and Dag' - but hey, we really need the creator of the Ship(s) here as a participant to explain their story, give us the specs - and get his OWN stars for all the work he's gone to!

So, HERE'S GORMAN!

I've encouraged Gorman (who's shared some outstanding writing ideas with me in U2U) to join in the actual story line of the Space Opera, but, we might have to wait a while on that... I'll let our 'new addition' explain.

For now, Welcome Gorman and thank you for taking the time and the effort to join the Working Thread.

peace

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Hi all. I see I have been welcomed. thank you.

So I write a lot. but only in my head.

I should start writing stuff down and this is a great chance.

So how about that ship I was commissioned to design? Ladies and gents, I give you the Abraham.

At a top speed of 92% the speed of light on impulse, and a theoretically infinite FTL speed limited only by the ammount of energy you can pump into it and cool.

The ships ftl is a very very powerful compressor. If you has a mass of hydrogen equal to the mass of your car, it would compress it down to maybe the size of a small dna strand or something, generating enormous gravity.

The ship has plasma superheated shields. This makes it resistant to EMPs, solar flares, and other energy based items. It can also melt bullets and missiles. But if, say, a nuke hit the shields, it would probably cause considerable damage in heat to the hull. A highly powerful laser, say something that would be as hot as a star or something, would be able to penetrate the shields weakly and would have to be hit continuously until you maybe heat up the shield generator enough. The shields are produced via strong em fields covering the ship from a generator within that particles are then blasted into and attracted to, and the primary laser heats up to a plasma. Her hull is a triple layered hull. The top layer is super-engineered tiles that resist intense pressures and blasts up to a certain point (a lot of Gs, like ... a lot) then shatter. Under neath is a series of carbon nanotubes. Each tube has had liquid diamonds poured into it. This created remarkable strength of virtually unbreakable strength to conventional means. It requires over 5000 K in laser heat to even melt it. Bellow are standard tungsten and titanium alloys. The ship uses two main thrusters for regular speeds These both are antimatter powered The larger is for fast speed, the smaller is for slower speed. Together they are very fast. It's warp drive is a mass-based compressor which takes anti-protons and uses negative charge to compress them down and then freezes it to increase their density and gravity. This generates a super compressed superfluid. A Bose-Einstein condensate of enormous density. that generates gravity. The mass is then rotated to generate an ergosphere. The ship is encased in an ergosphere within an event horizon within an ergosphere, allowing it to be propelled many times the speed of light. The ship gets its fuel either directly from refilling to get pure antiprotons, but it can also can utilize several other methods of fuel. It can use the vents on its hull to fly through a gas giant to get hydrogen, then use resonance frequencies to convert their wave patterns from matter to antimatter. It is also equipped with Abdulla generators, which use carbon nanotubes with electrical forces to absorb and trap electrons and subjugate them in its warp drives to compress these electrons into an electron-based superfluid. Essentially electron jelly. the electrons become entangled in their own identities and come together either by gravity, strong nuclear force from neutrons, the chamber's EM forces themselves, or it can convert some into positrons-electron combined elemental form that can be used. The electron jelly can also be merged with a Quark–gluon plasma and stay in an electron jelly form and be directly pumped into the ship's systems. The ship also has a quantum entanglement communication device for communication while in warp, or standard communication from radio waves.
The ship has inside one APC, one shuttle, 10 probes, 5 planet, 5 space, and can land. Its weapons include one "smiley face" laser ring on the frontal row, one mass accelerator plasma gun which essentially takes something like lead ions and speeds them up by shooting them through a forward gravity sphere which causes gravitational acceleration, and then shoots them out the main gun on the front It also has I think 6 torpedo tubes on the front, and 8 on the back. Not exactly sure don't remember. The windows have to be closed in combat so that it has more strength. Windows are structural weaknesses. It also has flares, side torpedo shoots, and other various things. its main gun is also a device to fire particles and such instead of a deflector disk. It has no deflector disk as its warp drives generate an event horizon around it, reducing its observable mass to a needle, like structure. The particles it collects on this "gravity window shield" are stopped once it exists, so they just disperse with the ship after existing warp speeds.

So. Who's on board? And someone will have to explain what character I will be if I have time to write.

thanks for this guys!

I'll try to do some technical drawings later.

[edit on 14-7-2010 by Gorman91]

new topics

top topics

<< 210  211  212    214  215  216 >>

join