It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Space Opera Working Thread

page: 202
<< 199  200  201    203  204  205 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 03:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by nenothtu

In this case, though, I'm going to be looking for a tow rope and an aspirin when I wake up, nothing spectacular. If BRANSOM offers to tow me, though, well, neno would rather drift off spinning into the black that have to be saved by THAT WOMAN!

If Swarg were to tow me in, there goes his glorious death - or any death at all.

Well Silo has left it to me so we will give Swarg a glorious hero's send off, after which you can phone home for the AA.

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Just got our internet connection set up in our new place. Will be posting story material soon!

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by mf_luder
Just got our internet connection set up in our new place. Will be posting story material soon!

Great! where do you want to jump in?

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 08:02 AM
link   
R.I.P Swarg.

At the end, he was a friend.

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 05:50 AM
link   
reply to post by mf_luder

Luder - How cool is that! Look forward to your posts with enthusiasm.

Welcome back...

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 08:35 AM
link   
Silo! WOW!

Nice writing.

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Rabbit - Thanks - you too

So, here I am ready to 'pull the trigger' so to speak on the Yydryl... To separate her from the Pod...

Hmmm... It's tempting...

Nawwwwwwww

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by silo13
Rabbit - Thanks - you too

So, here I am ready to 'pull the trigger' so to speak on the Yydryl... To separate her from the Pod...

Hmmm... It's tempting...

Nawwwwwwww

That would be a naughty thing to do to such a pretty ship.

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 02:07 AM
link   
reply to post by prof-rabbit

Yeah and CindyMars would kick my space butt...

Speaking of CindyMars...

Where are youuuuuuuuuuuu...

Whatever direction you all want to go in the story line I'll be checking here to see...
I'm gonna be doing mundane update work etc, - no exciting story lines in the making just maintenence.
Let me know if or when you'd like some back up - If not, I'll be over in my corner piddling about...

peace

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 06:14 AM
link   

I'm gonna be doing mundane update work etc, - no exciting story lines in the making just maintenence.
Let me know if or when you'd like some back up - If not, I'll be over in my corner piddling about...

peace

Should you not at least have Yydryl heave a sigh of relief and cancel her plans of Seppuku ? After all she has a "bun in the oven"!

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 06:19 AM
link   

In this case, though, I'm going to be looking for a tow rope and an aspirin when I wake up, nothing spectacular. If BRANSOM offers to tow me, though, well, neno would rather drift off spinning into the black that have to be saved by THAT WOMAN!

If Swarg were to tow me in, there goes his glorious death - or any death at all.

Would you like to call for that tow truck to avoid a spike in continuity, not to mention all the extra fuel

Like the AA, only the first 1000 kms is free, after that we charge by the sentence.

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 07:04 AM
link   

Should you not at least have Yydryl heave a sigh of relief and cancel her plans of Seppuku ?

Oh yeah, I'll write out of the last 'episode'...

After all she has a "bun in the oven"!

Did I miss something? lol?

peace

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Should you not at least have Yydryl heave a sigh of relief and cancel her plans of Seppuku ?

Oh yeah, I'll write out of the last 'episode'...

After all she has a "bun in the oven"!

Did I miss something? lol?

peace

Isn't the center a "new creation"? just because Yydryl's a ship does not mean her progeny needs to be a ship also. Confucius say you must broaden your horizon.

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 08:16 PM
link   

In this case, though, I'm going to be looking for a tow rope and an aspirin when I wake up, nothing spectacular.

I have a post ready that involves Studious and some old friends rescuing Neno. It'll allow me to build up to something I've been wanting to do for awhile now.

But don't worry it won't be too spectacular as long as you don't try to kill them.

I know Neno said he wanted a simple tow back home so I'll hold off posting until I can see if he has any objections.

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 01:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Studious

In this case, though, I'm going to be looking for a tow rope and an aspirin when I wake up, nothing spectacular.

I have a post ready that involves Studious and some old friends rescuing Neno. It'll allow me to build up to something I've been wanting to do for awhile now.

But don't worry it won't be too spectacular as long as you don't try to kill them.

I know Neno said he wanted a simple tow back home so I'll hold off posting until I can see if he has any objections.

Sounds good, don't forget your still in the shadows on neno's ship, if you are going to slip out with his ship you might want to time it just before the nuke goes off and Swarg bites the dust, ie. while everyone is occupied.

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 01:42 AM
link   

Old friends? Must be yours, neno ain't got none. Go for it. Just don't kill him, or his life force will be free to haunt you forever! I'll leave him unconscious, so he don't get all jumpy and start trying to kill ghosts and such. He's not a young man any more... keep in mind his heart - sudden strains and such should he recognize these 'old friends' of yours...

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 04:14 AM
link   
reply to post by nenothtu

Sorry to bother you but can I have the link to the 3d model you used for the Rolling Thunder. I can't seem to find the ship model online on my own.

I'd like to add a few images to my post and that would help me do that.

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 04:19 AM
link   

Isn't the center a "new creation"?

Awww bummer, I guess I didn't make it clear. I'd hoped I had.

No, not a new creation.
Ship's Center.
Ya know that huge place with all the earthy stuff, lol.
Ship was willing to rip that whole part of her *self* right out of her *gut* and send it off into space to save it.
The whole Center being dislodged, or rather, separated from Ship, would of course have killed Ship.

Anywwwwayyy, it isn't going to happen. At least not now and not of my doing. Not something I'd even attempt without everyone's a.o.k.

peace

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 04:46 AM
link   

Isn't the center a "new creation"?

Awww bummer, I guess I didn't make it clear. I'd hoped I had.

No, not a new creation.
Ship's Center.
Ya know that huge place with all the earthy stuff, lol.
Ship was willing to rip that whole part of her *self* right out of her *gut* and send it off into space to save it.
The whole Center being dislodged, or rather, separated from Ship, would of course have killed Ship.

Anywwwwayyy, it isn't going to happen. At least not now and not of my doing. Not something I'd even attempt without everyone's a.o.k.

peace

Ship's center IS a new creation, created by Yydryl with your help, complete with lifeforms, soooo Yydryl has a bun-in-the-oven! you even hinted early on that is was for a "future" unknown.

Meanwhile you are half way to "no where" in the story line, between the bridge and your quarters, perhaps you could have carpet stop you and let you know all is well again?

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 09:48 PM
link   

reply to post by nenothtu

Sorry to bother you but can I have the link to the 3d model you used for the Rolling Thunder. I can't seem to find the ship model online on my own.

I'd like to add a few images to my post and that would help me do that.

Sure, but I don't know which one you mean, precisely. Have you got a picture or a link to a picture so I can narrow it down? I've gathered a fairly large collection of 3d models since this project started, and if I can't find the link, I ought to at least be able to get the model itself to you somehow, if I know which one.

Also, if you need it in a particular 3d file format, I may be able to accomodate that, too.

Edit: AHA! I just read your post, figured it out all on my own. You meant neno's boat, the "StarWolf". I think Luder's boat was the "Rolling Thunder".

I got that model from archives for a program called "Orbiter", and it was in a proprietary format which I had to tinker with to get it into Celestia. I believe the conversion I did was to 3ds format.

The name of the vessel was "Firefly Sport" or "Sport Model" or "QJFFsport" if you want to Google it. If you can't find the right one, or the right format, let me know and I'll get one of these conversions of it to you. 3ds seems to be the most universal. If you can import it into your software, resaving it to your own format ought to be a breeze. An obj file may be better for you, but let me know and I'll figure something out.

[edit on 2010/2/23 by nenothtu]

new topics

top topics

<< 199  200  201    203  204  205 >>

join