It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

The Space Opera Working Thread

page: 200
63
<< 197  198  199    201  202  203 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 03:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by nenothtu
Hey Silo!
I think what he had in mind an ovoid "shell" around Penelope being hit with energy beams to represent the shields being fired upon. I got the hits ok, but the 'ovoid shell' shield thingy didn't turn out as well as I'd have liked.

Them's technical terms, ya know!



I'm glad you use tech terms I understand!


Originally posted by nenothtu
Of course Chumley has digits - they run all the way from his shoulders to the other ends of them! I THINK tentacles would qualify as 'digits' anyhow, digit being one. Why do they call them TENtacles, anyhow?


ABsoLutely correct!




posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 04:48 AM
link   


OH MY! You're right!

He's got...

2!

hehehe

*Runs off to open Photoshop and see about *egg* thingy*!



posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 05:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by silo13


OH MY! You're right!

He's got...

2!

hehehe

*Runs off to open Photoshop and see about *egg* thingy*!



Oh dear, errrm, how about his feet? does he hide the rest of his tentacles? doorknobs might be a problem,


Ok, lets call it writers privilege, ie. we know where his extra digit is but we won't embarrass the big green guy


Thank you in advance for the egg thingy...



posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 05:49 AM
link   
reply to post by prof-rabbit
 


ROTFL @ Chum and doorknobs, lol...

Ok, PLEASE do not worry about hurting feelings here, lol.

Here's a TEST! I'm trying to get an idea in my head what you're looking for.



Is this the idea or not at all?

I'm having trouble getting it to look transparent (thus the color) due to the Penelope itself being to gray it's a tough one.

But if you want CLEAR kind of energy field I can keep trying. (ick)

So, What changes do you want - if this was anything like what you wanted at all?

I'll add the attack beams etc after I get more feedback from you guys...

[edit on 5-2-2010 by silo13]



posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 07:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by silo13
reply to post by prof-rabbit
 


ROTFL @ Chum and doorknobs, lol...

Ok, PLEASE do not worry about hurting feelings here, lol.

Here's a TEST! I'm trying to get an idea in my head what you're looking for.



Is this the idea or not at all?

I'm having trouble getting it to look transparent (thus the color) due to the Penelope itself being to gray it's a tough one.

But if you want CLEAR kind of energy field I can keep trying. (ick)

So, What changes do you want - if this was anything like what you wanted at all?

I'll add the attack beams etc after I get more feedback from you guys...

[edit on 5-2-2010 by silo13]


Nice! so will it go yellow for example? but right on!,



posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 07:49 AM
link   
Hey Silo!

With Swarg's voice ringing in my ears I slammed the trigger and screamed 'Fire!' just before falling in a dead faint to the floor.

You had me right from the first sentence! great piece of writing!

If Swarg is dead 'tho I'll have to do a bit of a rewrite since in the next installment of the war an errant nuclear missile is heading your way and there is no way to stop it, you don't seem to have anyone to do the kamikaze hero act, unless your going to reanimate Swarg?



posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 08:59 AM
link   
reply to post by prof-rabbit
 


I can't give it away yet but no, you don't have to re-write...

Ok, so it's giving it away but no, Swarg is not Dead.

Yet.




posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by silo13
reply to post by prof-rabbit
 


I can't give it away yet but no, you don't have to re-write...

Ok, so it's giving it away but no, Swarg is not Dead.

Yet.






Ahhh, thank you, (Carpet Frankenstein) I'll post the next excerpt early in the week, (busy weekends currently).



posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Ok, there it is.

That one was too tough to write.

Anyway, there is is take it however you will. I felt I needed to get it up there so not to confuse everyone...

*sob*



posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Well!

It appears we have a winning combination - sex AND violence!

At the same time!


Way to go, Silo!

I'm afraid to start wondering how you're gonna kill him off now. I have to be able to sleep at night, ya know!

Can I spend my ATS points to buy extra stars to throw on that post?

[edit on 2010/2/6 by nenothtu]



posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 12:33 AM
link   
reply to post by nenothtu
 


Oh he's still gonna go out the same way. Jumping into a fighter to save - whoever it is you all deem to have him save!


I'll get them up on the Command deck - talk a bit more about the mysterious *Pod* and wait until you give the signal...




[edit on 7-2-2010 by silo13]



posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by nenothtu
Well!

It appears we have a winning combination - sex AND violence!

At the same time!


Way to go, Silo!

I'm afraid to start wondering how you're gonna kill him off now. I have to be able to sleep at night, ya know!

Can I spend my ATS points to buy extra stars to throw on that post?

[edit on 2010/2/6 by nenothtu]


You and I both! I'd give a thousand points for an extra star for Silo.



posted on Feb, 8 2010 @ 03:38 AM
link   
Well, I've hunted for tutorials and just can't find one that covers my version (way outdates) of Photoshop - So, I had to do this one by trial and error.

Is it too little of the effect you're wanting?



And since Swarg is going to his *fiery* I figured he needed a visual for that.

Question is, is it too much?



Thanks for your support you guys.

EDIT IN:

You said something about maybe the Pen taking a hit.
Here's what I came up with.
What I hope is this pic will lead me to a *clearer* Pen pic when it's under it's force-field.



(Will edit color of ship and overall size)...







[edit on 8-2-2010 by silo13]



posted on Feb, 8 2010 @ 04:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by silo13
Well, I've hunted for tutorials and just can't find one that covers my version (way outdates) of Photoshop - So, I had to do this one by trial and error.

Is it too little of the effect you're wanting?



And since Swarg is going to his *fiery* I figured he needed a visual for that.

Question is, is it too much?



Thanks for your support you guys.

EDIT IN:

You said something about maybe the Pen taking a hit.
Here's what I came up with.
What I hope is this pic will lead me to a *clearer* Pen pic when it's under it's force-field.



(Will edit color of ship and overall size)...





[edit on 8-2-2010 by silo13]


Ok, first pic is bloody brilliant! now without asking too much can you "zing" lots of flashes off the shield please.

Swarg impacts a missile head on, so you need a bit of missile in front of him, and no it's not too much, he deserves to go in a blaze of glory!

Penelope does not take a hit directly, but does take a massive hit to the shields, that becomes important towards the end.

thank you for all the effort! it is really great stuff!

Mods, please give Silo 5000 points from me, (if that is possible)



posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 01:40 AM
link   
Silo, those are beautimous! I think you've captured it, and have only to add in the shield strikes and reflections off of the bubble. Colors on the Penny are fine, and are what they'd be under the lighting from the weapons fire.

At least they look fine on THIS monitor, anyhow!



posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 02:12 AM
link   
Ok So I'll get the blasts hitting the force-field, and many hits as was requested. *Zings*

Note: If I can't get it by this evening then we're going to have to go with what we've got and place the pic where someone is talking about the shields. Reason being I might not be on after today for a while. Life is a touch up in the air for the moment.

As for Swarg he's going to have to stay that way. And honestly, I aimed the main hit for where I thought he was sitting. If I change it now I'll feel he suffered. (Is that completely mental or what, lol)...

And CindyMars don't think you're getting left out of all this picture fun! You've got a little prezzie in your U2U!

See ya in a bit all... Thanks again for the kind words...




posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 02:38 PM
link   


So, here I tried to show her force-field is taking the brunt of it...

Will it work?

Or not?

You be the judge... My eyes are crossing...



(I can easily edit out the crescent shapes if they are not what you were looking for)...

[edit on 10-2-2010 by silo13]



posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 03:53 AM
link   
Neno- May I stick your Buzz Ships in - like this?



Is it just too much? (Maybe the big one on top needs to be reduced??)??

Thanks



[edit on 10-2-2010 by silo13]



posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by silo13
Neno- May I stick your Buzz Ships in - like this?



Is it just too much? (Maybe the big one on top needs to be reduced??)??

Thanks
[edit on 10-2-2010 by silo13]



Ahhh, no buzzing ships please, but the original is bloody awesome! may I ask for one of the "zings" in blue/white? is that too much? please tell me how long this kind of thing takes as I have no idea.

If I knew where you were I'd send you some flowers.

Please accept this inadequate token.


.---., \
[@]->=========
`---' /




[edit on 10/2/2010 by prof-rabbit]



posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 02:37 AM
link   
reply to post by prof-rabbit
 


Ok, no little buzz ships and a zing in blue and white...

The whole thing? As in the red laser beam firing and the circular deflection?

I'll give it a shot. I don't know how it will look with the red, but, looking forward to the challenge.

Nice flower
Thankers...





top topics



 
63
<< 197  198  199    201  202  203 >>

log in

join