It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Space Opera Working Thread

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by masqua

Woohoo! and I am excited as I have ever been, but could you please show me how to pronounce Yy, oh our ships name please???

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 04:10 PM
link   
My position is "Navigation Officer".

This includes knowledge of what is where, the location of stars, planets, galaxies, universes, the terrain of planets and gathering intelligence on these things.

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

Eye-Drill, antar

You likey?

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by antar
reply to post by Skyfloating

No doubt, Alien crew member for me too captain!!! Ships empath reporting for mission...

Yes! We get an empath! You are welcome aboard, Antar. Most welcome.

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Going by how things are progressing, I think the Penelope must be hard to find volunteers for.

Come-on! She's a nice looking ship!

Hey, that's an idea... how about we choose a pic for each ship, to add realism? We can put those pics into the opening post of the Opera.

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by masqua

Hey, that's an idea... how about we choose a pic for each ship, to add realism? We can put those pics into the opening post of the Opera.

Good idea.

This is going to be a legendary collaboration.

Welcome antar!

[edit on 15-3-2009 by Skyfloating]

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating
My position is "Navigation Officer".

This includes knowledge of what is where, the location of stars, planets, galaxies, universes, the terrain of planets and gathering intelligence on these things.

Celestial cartography. Invaluable. Helm is also yours if you want it.

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Cadbury

We can leave the actual steering to our Navigation-Assistant.

But captain, may I take my aquarium on board?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/8b05044cde9f.jpg[/atsimg]

[edit on 15-3-2009 by Skyfloating]

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating
reply to post by Cadbury

We can leave the actual steering to our Navigation-Assistant.

We still need a chief of security and an engineer. Shall I "drive?" Saves me having to give orders to helm...

But captain, may I take my aquarium on board?

If those are dolphins in there, you can have it on the bridge if you want. They're much smarter than humans and we could use their expertise in the art of evasive manoeuvres and the subject of the 1996 Oklahoma city bombing.

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Cadbury

We have an auto-pilot. And when we dont...sure...be the driver.

Yes, they are dolphin-like in nature. Dolphins are their ancestors. I´ll have them installed on the Bridge. Thanks!

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Engineer Trav's Space Shanty
Here aboard the Penelope
Where open space is an endless sea
We drink and stink and don't give a hoot
Cause me and Lucille's got high-heeled boots!

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 05:02 PM
link   
I can sense that our crew mates are headed our way now Captain, here is a glass of Rigel tea, go easy now you know what happened last time you became 'too' relaxed...

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 06:04 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

But where are all the Humans?

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Cadbury

Hey... it's Sunday night. Most humans are glued to their sets either watching the hordes of America's Top Models rioting over an M&M or tucking in for the night after playing with their pets.

My guess is that the human elements will come storming back by tomorrow afternoon.

There's just no telling what Rigellians get up to at ANY time.

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by masqua
Hey... it's Sunday night. Most humans are glued to their sets either watching the hordes of America's Top Models rioting over an M&M or tucking in for the night after playing with their pets.

My guess is that the human elements will come storming back by tomorrow afternoon.

It is a cause of wonder; how such disgusting creatures ever became space-fairing at all.

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Cadbury

Certainly true, but Rigellians need to be reminded of their own foibles as well. The Age of Lollickry, for instance, is an interesting time in your history when Rigellians killed each other for live theatre. Pretty much the same thing earthlings did at the Colliseum in Rome during its heyday.

As one who has watched both develop over the aeons, I could tell stories.

What is truly amazing is how the two civilizations were able to master FTL and the competent use of wormholes right about the same time and then simultaneously decide to use that invention to probe the outer reaches of the universe. In those empty spaces beyond the furthest galaxies lay the answer to the ultimate mystery: Is the universe finite and, if it is, what lies beyond?

BTW... are you going to finish that haunch of gormly? I'm still kinda hungry.

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 06:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Cadbury

Disgusting? Well, that's saying something coming from something that looks... like you do... And don't you worry about the rest of the crew. They'll be here. And me and Lucille's got things covered.

*Engingeer Trav scratches Lucille's chrome-plated head as she perches on his shoulder.

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Tree creature will be set against former tree creature, for your "squirrel" shall eat you!

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Get a room, you two.

This post will eventually be the opening post of the thread once we get enough role players. So, if you have any ideas on how to flesh it out plot-wise or starship pic or anything, I'll edit it in. The one that's there now is kinda lame, but it's one I 'own'.

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Random thought: Ok so Planet 'X' is the setting for the first encounter, the planet as it is on course will impact earth in a matter of weeks, however as the crew works with what we consider not only antiquated but potentially toxic nuclear matter to divert the incoming planet, our sensors have detected an approaching white hole which if disturbed from the explosion would cut off not only our ship from returning to our home world, but an entire sector of the Galaxy from any future interstellar travel.

Meanwhile there are discrepancies even within our crew as to whether or not to attempt to intercept the earth vessel by destroying it, thereby allowing complete annihilation of their planet, or some form of meeting with them and expressing the necessity of not blowing up planet 'X' without giving away the advanced technological knowledge of the white hole (better name for it I hope) which would exponentially give them equal footing with the rest of the Galactic hierarchy.

I personally am neutral when it comes to the humans (you-mans) as I know both their evolving spiritual side as well as the barbaric and cruel dark side.

No ego here, just throwing out ideas...

[edit on 15-3-2009 by antar]

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join