It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Space Opera Working Thread

page: 199
<< 196  197  198    200  201  202 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2010 @ 02:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by silo13
Note to keep in mind.

I don't think it's important for Swarg to save the Yydryl.

Maybe somehow he saves Neno?

Point let him save whoever's in trouble - just make sure he ends up dead... (Yes, I think I've mentioned that before) lol...

Let the poor fella save Yydryl, he deserves to go out in a blaze of glory.

posted on Feb, 1 2010 @ 02:43 AM
link   
Sounds like a plan. I'll work on the post for the shot heard 'round the universe when I drag myself back to my house, and hopefully come back up here and get it posted tomorrow.

posted on Feb, 1 2010 @ 09:47 AM
link   
reply to post by prof-rabbit

Ok but, if he saves the Yydryl then there's probably going to have to be a sloppy kind'a love scene on his way out the door...

Yuck - boy germs!

posted on Feb, 1 2010 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by silo13
reply to post by prof-rabbit

Ok but, if he saves the Yydryl then there's probably going to have to be a sloppy kind'a love scene on his way out the door...

Yuck - boy germs!

Well your not really going to have a lot of time you know, incoming missiles have a bad habit of not waiting, unlike MicroSlop that asks "Are you Sure?" Nuclear missiles just do their thing!

posted on Feb, 1 2010 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Post is up. A couple of notes are in order.

Where the words "magic" and such like are employed, it's in the sense that "any technology sufficiently advanced will appear as magic to a more primitive mind" - like nenothtu's.

The Morrigan was the basis for the modern concept of the Banshee. She originated as an ancient battle goddess of the Irish. The Crow was sacred to her, as the primary carrion bird of Ireland, and it was considered a done deal if a warrior saw her washing bloody clothes at any stream prior to a battle. In that case, he knew he'd been 'chosen', and was a goner, with no way to escape fate.

I re-did the illustrations to account for the second nuke, but I think I left the 'spikes' or 'rays' too long on the shot of the nukes being fired.

[edit on 2010/2/1 by nenothtu]

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 03:14 AM
link   
reply to post by nenothtu

Wow! That's an awesome enjoyable read there Neno!
Going back for seconds...

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Neno do we have any ideal what that thing I gave you does? LOL
I don't.

Great reading gang!

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by cindymars
reply to post by silo13

Neno do we have any ideal what that thing I gave you does? LOL
I don't.

I don't have a clue what it does either, but I know it glows sometimes, usually when something is about to eat me!

Maybe it's a dinner bell for the bad guys?

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 07:06 PM
link   

No! Use it to your advantage.Time/Space/Dimension travel of any kind you want. Great post by you guys!

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 02:50 AM
link   
Silo -

I just flat out loved the interaction with Deez. Believe it or not, I've had actual conversations that ran just like that with kids, and with folks just trying to learn english. Very weel done!

Now hurry, since I'm on the edge of my chair and don't want to fall off, and let us know what Deez's Eye is going to do to/with poor old doomed Swarg!

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by nenothtu
Post is up. A couple of notes are in order.

I re-did the illustrations to account for the second nuke, but I think I left the 'spikes' or 'rays' too long on the shot of the nukes being fired.

[edit on 2010/2/1 by nenothtu]

No! arrg! please, great pics! if you get some time do a couple for the battle scene! maybe one with Penelope with an energy shell being fired upon... please?

Also
"The key in all those magical incantations was that it ABSORBED the energy. Nenothtu's working theory involved the notion that it absorbed energy from the inside as well as the energy coming from the outside. It was, after all, a homogenous energy absorptive field. He guessed that it was absorbing his energy signature before it radiated into the black, so the Buzzards had no hint to even start looking for him. "

Very well thought through! and now we fight for all that is good, plus a little revenge!

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Thanks you

It was fun.

Like you I'm waiting to find out what the *Eye* does... We'll find out just about the same day...

EDIT:

NENO! You're HIT! :O :O :O

[edit on 3-2-2010 by silo13]

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by prof-rabbit
if you get some time do a couple for the battle scene! maybe one with Penelope with an energy shell being fired upon... please?

I'll see what I can thrash out when I get home this evening. I found a new effect in Paint Shop that might work, if not I might post 'em and beg Silo to work her magic on them.

I spent this afternoon creating new surfaces for planets at higher resolution, but as yet haven't wrapped 'em around a planet in Celestia to see how they turned out.

and now we fight for all that is good, plus a little revenge!

Just so! As Shakespeare said, "Cry havoc! And let slip the dogs of war!"

[edit on 2010/2/3 by nenothtu]

posted on Feb, 4 2010 @ 03:04 AM
link   
Ok great, I got here before more fight scenes!

I've got a post to stick up now, preparing for the face off with Swarg.

After that I'll wait until you two add your battles before posting the final Swarg vs. Evil Entity insert.

From there I'll wait until you need a hero to save the Yydryl to post again.

See ya at the battle boys!

posted on Feb, 4 2010 @ 03:57 AM
link   

if you get some time do a couple for the battle scene! maybe one with Penelope with an energy shell being fired upon... please?

I'll see what I can thrash out when I get home this evening. I found a new effect in Paint Shop that might work, if not I might post 'em and beg Silo to work her magic on them.

I spent this afternoon creating new surfaces for planets at higher resolution, but as yet haven't wrapped 'em around a planet in Celestia to see how they turned out.

and now we fight for all that is good, plus a little revenge!

Just so! As Shakespeare said, "Cry havoc! And let slip the dogs of war!"

[edit on 2010/2/3 by nenothtu]

"Cry 'havoc!' kings; back to the stained field..."

Yes please, a semi transparent "egg" shape around Penelope with energy beams zinging off in all directions!

posted on Feb, 4 2010 @ 09:00 AM
link   
Whew!

More to come!

posted on Feb, 4 2010 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Yes please, a semi transparent "egg" shape around Penelope with energy beams zinging off in all directions!

I couldn't get the semi-transparent egg-shape, I'm afraid that's beyond my ability with 3D software. What would work, which I can't get done, would be to take the original model, and add the shape around it, then adjust the material attributes for 'glass', creating the transparency, reflectivity, and specular highlights necessary. Deson could do it, but it's beyond my ability.

What I DID manage to get done is a series of cheats, which I will post here in case you think you can use them.

first one:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/474ac799bb61.jpg[/atsimg]

second one, nearly the same s the first:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f98b392f13d1.jpg[/atsimg]

Third one. This is a single hit on the shields, with the 'ripple' effect you mentioned in the 'neno got hit' post:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b7031fbce746.jpg[/atsimg]

Last one:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/bdc7acf6c190.jpg[/atsimg]

I'm not real happy with the white dots in the corners, which are what the stars in the background did when I applied the secondary lights. Maybe they can pass for sparks.

That was the reason I did the second image above, to get rid of the 'sparks' in the corners, but it wasn't entirely satisfactory either. My goal was to cut out an 'oval' field around Penelope, and layer just that in on the original background, but my skills at cutting out even the simplest of shapes, like an oval, leave a lot to be desired. Compounding that, a perfect oval takes out some of the explosion effects too.

If necessary, I can post the original images too, and maybe Silo can get it right. She's a lot better at that sort of thing than I am.

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 01:08 AM
link   

I couldn't get the semi-transparent egg-shape, I'm afraid that's beyond my ability with 3D software. What would work, which I can't get done, would be to take the original model, and add the shape around it, then adjust the material attributes for 'glass', creating the transparency, reflectivity, and specular highlights necessary. Deson could do it, but it's beyond my ability.

What I DID manage to get done is a series of cheats, which I will post here in case you think you can use them.

first one:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/474ac799bb61.jpg[/atsimg]

second one, nearly the same s the first:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f98b392f13d1.jpg[/atsimg]

Third one. This is a single hit on the shields, with the 'ripple' effect you mentioned in the 'neno got hit' post:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b7031fbce746.jpg[/atsimg]

Last one:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/bdc7acf6c190.jpg[/atsimg]

I'm not real happy with the white dots in the corners, which are what the stars in the background did when I applied the secondary lights. Maybe they can pass for sparks.

That was the reason I did the second image above, to get rid of the 'sparks' in the corners, but it wasn't entirely satisfactory either. My goal was to cut out an 'oval' field around Penelope, and layer just that in on the original background, but my skills at cutting out even the simplest of shapes, like an oval, leave a lot to be desired. Compounding that, a perfect oval takes out some of the explosion effects too.

If necessary, I can post the original images too, and maybe Silo can get it right. She's a lot better at that sort of thing than I am.

Thank you! And you are streets ahead of what I can do! Lets see if Silo would like to do something, the "single hit" can be used "as is" in part of the next post I'll just change the beam colour from white to red.

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 01:39 AM
link   
Lemme know what it is you'd like me to try - honestly though I think the pics are great as is...

Prof Rabbit Chumley asked me to send you a U2U - he wants to know where he got digits.

Hmmm, maybe, just maybe he's wearing...fighting gloves?

WAIT! That's it! Deson's fitted Chumley (his two fat tentacles that narrow down to fat tips like worn noses) with fighter gloves that give him digits!!!

YES! *High Five* You're a Master Prof Rabbit!

Yep, that's it, Chumley's sporting his fighting gloves that gives those tentacles ten - twenty extra sausages for Chumley's use in manning guns and flying his own fighter!

Later, he'll *use* those dexterous digitized gloves on Brrrransom! ROTFL...

(I'll let you people wonder what he'll be doin by that... No naughty thoughts)!

GrrrrrrrrrrrrrRREAT Post!

[edit on 5-2-2010 by silo13]

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 02:36 AM
link   
Hey Silo!

Here are the original pictures of the Penelope, before processing:

Pen001 plain -

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/bdc6bc141460.jpg[/atsimg]

Pen002 plain -

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/04b98ecb04ca.jpg[/atsimg]

I think what he had in mind an ovoid "shell" around Penelope being hit with energy beams to represent the shields being fired upon. I got the hits ok, but the 'ovoid shell' shield thingy didn't turn out as well as I'd have liked.

Them's technical terms, ya know!

Of course Chumley has digits - they run all the way from his shoulders to the other ends of them! I THINK tentacles would qualify as 'digits' anyhow, digit being one. Why do they call them TENtacles, anyhow?

OK, it's past my bedtime, and I'm getting loopy.

Later, gang!

Edit: hmmm... scrollbars didn't show up. You'll have to right click and 'save as'. Not sure where I went wrong, other than uploading the full sized pictures.

[edit on 2010/2/5 by nenothtu]

new topics

top topics

<< 196  197  198    200  201  202 >>

join