It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Space Opera Working Thread

page: 147
<< 144  145  146    148  149  150 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by mf_luder

I was curious how someone is going to come in and remove our message of goodwill..... then never write in the opera again.....

Well, there is that, lol.
He even hinted he wanted to Captain the Yydryl and POOF - gone.
hehehe

I want to know what was in the REST of the message.

I guess I'll have to ask Ship as soon as someone tells me what just might be in it.

[edit on 17-7-2009 by silo13]

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Mercy me, Penelope Gang...take a chill pill, it's only fiction.
I am the only one allowed to act childish and throw hissy fits.
Joking!

I hope everyone has ironed out their differences.
We have been having a good time just remember tobe considerate of your fellow writers and have fun.

Love and Peace rule!

Cindy

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by cindymars

On the contrary, I think we've been quite civil about our disdain toward Studious in the past posts....

For instance.

Neno has typed up the equivalent of several books out of the old testament in his case and Studious has provided some cave-manish art for us to view in his own defense.

I'm having a jolly good time.

I just hope Slayer and Asher haven't run off into the void for good!

LOL LOL LOL

[edit on 17-7-2009 by mf_luder]

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Your funny and Studious the art was hysterical.

More than I can do however.

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by mf_luder
Secondly, I didn't mention this earlier, but thanks for bringing that up Silo!

I was curious how someone is going to come in and remove our message of goodwill..... then never write in the opera again.....

Great point.
That seemed very short sighted on their part.
Whatever the case may be we need to move the story along. We still hooking up to save the universe?

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 03:15 PM
link   
ok, just wanted to let you people know now that I've finished up rebuilding that fighter that I'll be continuing my work on the hand held type of weapons used by the Yydryl. Did the Pistols, Carbine,and Rifle earlier in the thread and I don't see too much reason in trying to rebuild them. I figure on working on the Semi-Portables next. Not sure how long they will take but then after that I can concentrate on other things as well. So unless someone has something that they need on a urgent basis I'll continue building things. If there is something that is urgent then either reply here or U2U me. I'm gonna be out of touch until tomorrow evening after my role playing gaming group is done.

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Nope, not scared off. I'm still here, lurking around in the shadows as is my custom.

Seeing as my character is essentially brain-wired to the dashboard of the Penelope, there's not much I can do to further the storyline at the moment. Unless of course, something needs to be blow up.

"Neno has typed up the equivalent of several books out of the old testament in his case and Studious has provided some cave-manish art for us to view in his own defense."

Ok, and that got a good LOL out of me. However, Studious is doing a good job making his point. In all honesty, there probably should have been some kind of investigation into Asher's actions concerning the dropship mass-slaying (
), but the total war waged on the NI "pirates" was justified, even by today's military doctrine. It was the path that caused the least amount of suffering/problems for everyone involved.

But again, that too should be investigated. There just hasn't been time, and we can't exactly call a tribunal at the moment, seeing as most of the admiralty is probably crispy on Earth's surface.

[edit on 17-7-2009 by SeekerOfAUTMN]

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

their part.

Be most careful with the use of the plural there ol Slayer...

A new writer came aboard, doinked around with Ship, tried to take over as Captain, didn't know the meaning of collaboration, didn’t read the story line and then proceeded to whoop up the diplomatic-pack from the Penelope - before bailing out of the Opera.

Looks like a NI hit to me!
(???)

Keep up the faith Penelope - you all rock!

*Holding up a cigarette lighter and passing it over my head in a dark room* - or something schlocky like that for ya'all.

By the way...

Dis is how I feel about dat... (The whole diplo-pack jerk the Ship around then bail thing)...

[edit on 17-7-2009 by silo13]

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by cindymars

Is that what it looked like we were doing?

If I have offended anyone in any way I apologize.

Let me explain why I did what I did…

My recent written explanation was in response to Neno's post.

Once I read numbers 2,3,6,7 and 8 of Neno's post. I knew that I did not adequately write my story thread post. Because what I intended the reader to come away with after reading the post, was not what at least one reader had come away with.

Still remembering the original "FUBAR", as Whisper called it, I acted quickly to re-describe some things to prevent problems later on down the line.

These lines particularly had concerned me. (Numbers 2 and 6 more than the others.)

Originally posted by nenothtu
2) Medical records indicate Studious is clinically insane, and talks to people no one else can see. Somehow, those records were "removed" from the official UEF medical records of the Altair.

3) Further record tampering is evident in the fact that, while knowing WHO he was, the Altair crew Apparently had no access to records of his demotion by his legitimate chain of command. Who can "disappear" records like that? NI.

6) After this action is over, Studious runs for his life, but is miraculously picked up by a ship that "just happened" to be in the right place, at the right time. Just like the NI ships, and not very long after, either.

7) The captain of the Altair, in complete disregard of Studious' legitimate chain of command, medical history, prisoner status, and recent activity, not only fails to restrain him, but illegally promotes him.

8) Studious has used doctored data tapes, manipulated to remove exhonerative content, and stolen by some means from the Penelope's Command Center, and smuggled past several layers of security measures, to influence UEF personel into taking a stance AGAINST the UEF, in time of war. Treason is thus added to mutiny. These methods also indicate an NI connection (data manipulation and smuggling).

(Emphasis added)

I felt it necessary to quickly describe what I actually meant before a "Fubar", as Whisper calls it, occurred again in the Story thread.

Again, if anything was deemed offensive I sincerely apologize.

[edit on 17-7-2009 by Studious]

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by silo13

their part.

Be most careful with the use of the plural there ol Slayer...

I said "their" meaning the ones who come to the thread for a short period and make changes then leave. I was not referring to ones who stick around. This is one reason why I avoid the working thread. Too many times things are taken out of context or misunderstood.

[edit on 17-7-2009 by SLAYER69]

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Awww, not at all.

But at least I got to post my favorite *EEEEK FROG* video...

No problem Slayer

Gotta go - I'll start blabbling and it's 0200 in the morning...

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Studious

Hell, I'm not offended and nobody should be, to be honest. This is what collaboration means. Sometimes you've got to hammer some stuff out.

And note to the Penelope crew:

You guys have some BAD luck with writers. I mean wow. Everyone who starts drops off like a lame conversation. Who is left on the Yydryl that still posts? All I can think of are Silo, Cindymars, and Antar when she's not out slaying demons (heh had to get a good natured dig in, forgive me).

Is that all that's left?

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by SeekerOfAUTMN

Carpet!

Dont forget about Carpet.

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 07:10 PM
link   

That's it. I wish people would say the wanted to be involved without a commitment.
But oh well!

Watch out for Helga Hemut a NPC I am bringing in. LOL

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Just popping in. I wanted to show you a prototype of a Type 1 Semi Portable. Think of it as a 50 cal for the Yydryl crew. There are a lot of things that need to be added yet, (Textures, a trigger, lots of parts, etc) but you can get an idea of where I'm going with this.

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Studious

Originally posted by cindymars

Is that what it looked like we were doing?

If I have offended anyone in any way I apologize.

Yeah, me too! We're just dancing around pointing at each other and snickering behind our hands! A hissy would be accompanied by lots of hollering and throwing things!

These lines particularly had concerned me. (Numbers 2 and 6 more than the others.)

Originally posted by nenothtu
2) Medical records indicate Studious is clinically insane, and talks to people no one else can see. Somehow, those records were "removed" from the official UEF medical records of the Altair.

3) Further record tampering is evident in the fact that, while knowing WHO he was, the Altair crew Apparently had no access to records of his demotion by his legitimate chain of command. Who can "disappear" records like that? NI.

6) After this action is over, Studious runs for his life, but is miraculously picked up by a ship that "just happened" to be in the right place, at the right time. Just like the NI ships, and not very long after, either.

7) The captain of the Altair, in complete disregard of Studious' legitimate chain of command, medical history, prisoner status, and recent activity, not only fails to restrain him, but illegally promotes him.

8) Studious has used doctored data tapes, manipulated to remove exhonerative content, and stolen by some means from the Penelope's Command Center, and smuggled past several layers of security measures, to influence UEF personel into taking a stance AGAINST the UEF, in time of war. Treason is thus added to mutiny. These methods also indicate an NI connection (data manipulation and smuggling).

Now point 2 was my bad. I made too many assumptions as to the Security Department's ability to surveil it's brig.

Points 6 and 7 will be the way the character neno sees it, when these things become know to him in the story. In particular point 6, as he has no way of knowing that a ship was sent after them, and will no doubt find that highly suspicious, since it's never happened before, even after weeks on end, but now suddenly occurs in the wake of the NI attack. Neno has a suspicious mind - it goes with his job.

Point 8 will be the only way neno CAN see it, assuming the Altair takes any sort of action on it (which they have already done, unbeknownst to him). A full disclosure of the data tapes would make known the necessity of the little dustup with NI, and it's justification. He will be forced to assume there was an incomplete disclosure, or alternatively that the Altair is ALSO in cohoots with NI.

[edit on 2009/7/17 by nenothtu]

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 10:26 PM
link   
reply to post by nenothtu

Ah ok. I get it now, that's how the character will see it.

I was originally thinking it was my fault for not communicating the information in the posts well enough.

Glad we cleared all that up.

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 12:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Studious
reply to post by nenothtu

Ah ok. I get it now, that's how the character will see it.

I was originally thinking it was my fault for not communicating the information in the posts well enough.

Glad we cleared all that up.

Exactly! It seems I'M the one with the unclear posts, eh?

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 12:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Deson

Deson -
The ideas about the knives work for me in a big way.
I intended to come to the Armour for a visit and incorporate your post in the working thread into a post in the story line?
Is that ok?
Then ask you about a little something I had in the back of my mind.
I also wanted to go over with you how the *pouch* think might work.
Maybe it’s best I take this into U2U so we can hammer out the details.
Give me a shout when you think you’ll have a little time.
Thanks tons!
Oh - on an added girly-note - I hope they’ll match the color of my hair.

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 12:37 AM
link   
reply to post by SeekerOfAUTMN

Who's left?

Ship = NPC used my everyone.
Deson = NPC available for use upon request by Deson.

Carpet = NPC - used at request for the moment please.

Deez = There was a U2U (to me to have a little rendezvous with Deez) and I believe a post in the working thread this character is NPC for anyone's use but let me check on that.

Chumley = NPC guarding Whisper's door for her return and of course can be used by anyone.

The Whales = If they're talking to everyone - I've no idea but I believe it was indicated my Antar what with a little practice you can talk to Whales too. (Tickets at the door)

Working Droid(s) and Recovery Bay Attendants = NPS's never mentioned by name.

Ensign Swarg = An NPC corrupted by a character who’s fallen out of the Yydryl. I’ll be more than happy to use my new knives on this character ASAP - unless the Penelope wants this NPC saved to help out any story line that might support the NI problems. Please let me know if he should be saved for a bit or *put down*...

Last but not least!

Cim, Antar and Silo and I have no idea what’s up with Antar.

I think that’s everyone...

OH! And the Lift = The elevators Deson made interactive with the Crew.

[edit on 18-7-2009 by silo13]

new topics

top topics

<< 144  145  146    148  149  150 >>

join