It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Space Opera Working Thread

page: 144
<< 141  142  143    145  146  147 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by masqua

It was only a matter of time before the Opiuchi attacked. Maybe there could have been battles further out towards from whence the black holes collided and the displaced begin encroaching on Earth Federation.

That's where I was taking the Black Rock episodes, but I never fully developed it. I took Badger's Black Rock campaign, and placed it in that direction, but then dropped the ball in all the excitement and just left it sitting there. That's why I mentioned only having seen the those types of ships before at Black Rock, in order to be able to identify them Ophiuchi, and as having come from that direction. The Ophiuchis also figured into neno's flashback to Black Rock, during the episode where he hired Badger.

Further development would have brought them ever closer to Earth, which it has now.

I think i also alluded to it in Luder's background info thread, in the Encyclopedia Galactoghraphica entry.

What was really special was the visit made by members of the Yydryl crew describing the beauty that has now been lost.

Indeed. Makes the loss all that much more poingnant, eh? Not to mention that the ONLY place that is to be found now, in the entire universe, is... Aboard Yydryl! Thanks to Cim and Silo.

Edit: fixed poor tagging job, and need to add that one sister was a Scorpio too. Wouldn't want her to get wind of being left out of the list, and beat me!

[edit on 2009/7/13 by nenothtu]

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by cindymars

Well bless your heart.
I would not want to have all those Scorpio women around me, especially when we are PMS, which I may well be.
So nasty and all.
Tequilla shot when I get home but no computer.
Hmmm can I blame someone for that?

Yeah, it was scary, but I learned how to curl up in a ball and whimper, really well!!

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by nenothtu

No use trying to kiss up now.

Humans don't own Earth!

I am changing it.

PEACE!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 07:39 PM
link   

No use trying to kiss up now.

Can't blame a fella for trying. You know you got that exotic, alluring, blue thing going on, right?

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by silo13
Hopefully writers of the collaboration will have enough respect to inform others of their plans so we don't have to repeat the whole week after week of *duh* times (and posts) like we had to after Scurvy left.

Indeed.

To suddenly disappear without writing an exit of some sort into the main thread is disrespecful to fellow collaborators. It becomes even more important when the Yydryl and the Penelope now face a common enemy.

The enemy of my enemy is my friend. It's just a case of who is the bigger threat at the moment.

If a collaborator disappears without explanation, then they should (after a reasonable length of time) get written out, never to return to the Opera.

The least one can do if they've decided to walk away, is make some announcement in this thread. It's not fair to the rest otherwise. At least visible_villain wrote himself out.

[edit on 13/7/09 by masqua]

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 10:17 PM
link   
reply to post by masqua

Speaking of which, where are Myth and To the Tenth?

Are they still with us?

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 11:59 PM
link   
reply to post by mf_luder

Speaking of which, where are Myth and To the Tenth?

Exactly my question in my last post. Nice to see they're getting read.

All kidding aside if the Yydryl has Earth *ingredients* that's great - I’ll just keep on keeping on in the Center.

There's also the portal I found, the one Cim was looking for.

If it didn't get destroyed (of course it didn't) would it be possible to use it - go and collect what's needed to *re-seed* Earth?

So, if the Yydryl can't get it's act together and meet up with the Penelope or maybe you from the Penelope could use the portals.
Of course I‘m not talking now, but in the future if you all decide, as humans, to *save* and *re-seed* Earth.

Not that I see you all on the Penelope dressed up like Eb:

--> But hay, maybe you could all use a little green thumbing for a bit.

(Wonders who knows who the guy in the pic is)... *evil grin*

EDIT: Oops forgot.

Anyone want to U2U Myth and Keeper (ToTheTenth) it's not going to be me.
I jumped through that hoop chasing people (to get answers) before and I'm not jumpin' no mo...

***A little background on the portal: I came up with the idea of looking for something that I could use to time travel on Earth. The Fountain of Youth, (IMO and my story line), is not a Fountain of water that you’d drink from, but a Fountain of Time you could travel via portals. I’ve no way to travel Earth without CindyMars and I wanted to lay the groundwork for a means of time travel before we left the planet in case I needed to use such a feature in a future storyline...***

[edit on 14-7-2009 by silo13]

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 04:42 AM
link   
"Dear God!"

I'm picturing the Earth destroyed in scenes like this...

Terminator 3 Scene

The following link is an incredible CGI display from Stargate Atlantis

Horizon Weapon

EDIT: Post Synopsis

Hyperbaric Oxygen Treatment can be used treat decompression Sickness

Wikipedia Article on This Therapy

[edit on 14-7-2009 by Studious]

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 10:24 AM
link   
reply to post by cindymars

Oh yes indeed I most certainly would cin!!! let me finish this 'dark place I seem to be in, which will set the stage for arriving in the entrance to Atlantis via the darklords incasement which he has used to hide atlantis and its special energies he is not able to tap into because of his negative energy...

See where I am going with that? The balance is always here with me and my writing, but yes, I would love to have your help to escape when the time comes, maybe you and Myth can work together.

He/she is still with us he/she is just handling threads on the forum, getting ready for college entrance and is spread rather thin, we donrt want to loose him/her though if we can help it...

As for the repect to fellow writters I HIGHLY reccomend stating your intentions to bow out a bit HERE on this working forum and NOT TRUST the U2U system as the messages are NOT being Relayed to the Opera!!!

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

That's ok, Keeper can rescue you. Then I would be happy to assist in your journey!

Peace!

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 01:18 PM
link   

(Wonders who knows who the guy in the pic is)... *evil grin*

That's my twin brother, Eb Dawson from Green Acres. See? I really AM old, just like I said!

***A little background on the portal: I came up with the idea of looking for something that I could use to time travel on Earth. The Fountain of Youth, (IMO and my story line), is not a Fountain of water that you’d drink from, but a Fountain of Time you could travel via portals. I’ve no way to travel Earth without CindyMars and I wanted to lay the groundwork for a means of time travel before we left the planet in case I needed to use such a feature in a future storyline...***

Is it a time AND space portal, or just time only? Time AND space displacement would solve a lot of problems...

You two went to Earth in 2010 (yeah, I read stuff. It's a curse of sorts not to be able to bypass anything - think of it as an addiction), and Earth got blowed up real good in 2320 this last time, and around 2100 the first time (WW III). Gammage Interstellar Space Port was rebuilt on the site of the old Cape Canaveral, or Cape Kennedy, whichever you prefer, around 2170 when the mass migrations of the remains of humanity started setting down after WW III.

The mass migrations, from what I understand, were concentrated into previously sparsely inhabited areas, think equatorial belt (Africa, South and Central America, Southeast Asia, etc) and South America, up through the Southeast US. By contrast, Russia, China, Europe, India, Japan, the Northern tier of US Industrialized states - mostly industrialized places - were pretty much decimated.

Since that was 200 years ago, story time, I'm sure humanity has spread back into most of these areas by now, as environmental nasties would have for the most part gone away in the interim. Luder's history also mentions 'cleanup' measures that had previously been developed, in passing.

Now the Ophiuchis come along and whomp us again.

Time travel into those times and areas could get... enlightening... As could pretty much ANY time/space displacements.

On the subject of Atlantis, if it's the same Atlantis we think of now, on Earth, it would be at the bottom of the ocean, and would have thus avoided most of the decimation visited upon the surface. That's how life managed to survive most of the past mass-extinctions - masses of water tend to have a mitigating effect on major extinctive events, a buffer if you will.

Luder should correct me if I read any of that wrong, or misinterpreted it.

So how does one find the OTHER end of these portals? Or do they have to be generated locally?

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 01:26 PM
link   

The portal is not going to be used except maybe Silo, if I have anything to say about it.

The Atlantis would be in the ancient past.

Edited to add:

Green acres is the place for me.
Farm livin' is the life for me.
Land spreadin' out so far and wide.
Keep Manhattan, just give me that countryside.

New York is where I'd rather stay.
I get allergic smelling hay.
I just adore a penthouse view.
Dah-ling I love you but give me Park Avenue.

...The chores.
...The stores.
...Fresh air.
...Times Square

You are my wife.
Good bye, city life.
Green Acres we are there

[edit on 14-7-2009 by cindymars]

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 01:46 PM
link   

The portal is not going to be used except maybe Silo, if I have anything to say about it.

The Atlantis would be in the ancient past.

Nah, I don't want to use the portal. Neno has a hard enough time grasping 'modern' Earth technology. Alien technology would most likely cause him to become apopleptic. I'm just trying to get a grasp of the idea.

To the writers in general:

Remind me that if I'm ever stranded on an alien planet to make sure that "McGuyver" Studious is somewhere around! Neno only knows how to kill folks and tear things up, in a knuckle-draggin' sort of way, but Studious, well, he can BUILD 'things', out of bubble gum, bailing wire, and shoe strings! Things that will get him out of there, without having to wrestle giant snakes and stuff...

On the down side, I see an internecine war brewing in the UEF, between Marines and the rest of the UEF (on account of incomplete data transmissions, Thanks, Lt Jones!) just when we need to concentrate on a common enemy. I shoulda let the 'Menacing Security Guard' launch that guy out of a torpedo tube, on charges of Destruction of the Human race, and Aiding and Abetting the Enemy of Mankind!

S'ok, I reckon. If humankind can't get their act together to face a common foe, then the Dark Lord OUGHT to hit the universal re-set button!

Neno may be going to the Dark Side... I hear they have cookies over there...

[edit on 2009/7/14 by nenothtu]

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Is it a time AND space portal, or just time only? Time AND space displacement would solve a lot of problems...

I came up with the idea the *Fountain of Youth* is real, but not something you drink from, but something that *flows* through time and space - Earth, and, places that *might be* on Earth... Like Xanadu
- no joke - that was one of the first ideas, lol!

I figured it would give me a chance to travel Earth and in time and space and not have to rely on anyone else to *taxi* me around Earth.

The idea, theory, pictures and intention was to enrich the Space Opera with this *concept*.
How, when, where and who uses it?
As long as you’re part of the Space Opera - it’s yours.

That’s how the Space Opera works - anything I add is for the group, not something I hang on to myself.

(Other than my character of course, which I guard like a dog over road kill)...

peace

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Eeek, seems like I should have read all the posts in the working thread before replying to Neno but, I didn't.

I didn't realize you felt this way...

I think my address must be *House number 1313 between Rock Ave. and Hard Place St.*...

ugh...

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Eeek, seems like I should have read all the posts in the working thread before replying to Neno but, I didn't.

I didn't realize you felt this way...

I think my address must be *House number 1313 between Rock Ave. and Hard Place St.*...

ugh...

Fear not. Neno ain't ABOUT to step into some shiny, swirly thing that he doesn't know what it is, where it goes, or how it works.

No telling where he could end up, and he's a bit averse to that notion.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 04:13 PM
link   

No doubt! I sat and thought about my character using it and decided not to as well. LOL

I was a scared to.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 04:43 PM
link   
I significantly edited my last post.

I realize that if Studious had been suffering from the bends as long as I had written before he would surely be dead or horribly injuried.

Highlights of edit

1. Shorter

2. Radio was a transceiver. Instead of just removing parts from the receiver and using them to fix the transmitter. I had Studious MacGyver a transmitter out of the broken transceiver. (A transceiver is a transmitter and receiver that share some of the same parts to function.)

3. Conversation with "U" and the traveling to the buildings are cut out.

By the way has anyone seen this thread...Here

It's like Studious' worst fears (Killer robots and the Regellian flesh eaters)
combined!!!!

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 06:35 PM
link   

No doubt! I sat and thought about my character using it and decided not to as well. LOL

I was a scared to.

That leaves it up to Silo to test drive it... unless some enterprising and less-than-sane soul (Ahem! Studious) decides to take a trip down the rabbit hole!

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Studious

By the way has anyone seen this thread...Here

It's like Studious' worst fears (Killer robots and the Regellian flesh eaters)
combined!!!!

Man, that thread is just so WRONG, on so many levels! I bet I don't sleep very well tonight....

new topics

top topics

<< 141  142  143    145  146  147 >>

join