It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Space Opera Working Thread

page: 143
<< 140  141  142    144  145  146 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

I would happily do it but my character knows nothing of the conversation you had with the whales. Cim has never spoken to the whales. How should I find this information as a character?

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Before I go check out the programs Neno was so kind to post let me say one thing. Ok, I’ll try to keep it at one thing. (No I wont, who am I trying to kid?)

First, I’ve made it as obvious as I could Ship’s Center is just that, her CENTER.

My story line from near day one is to study and begin the *balance* to the Yydryl she needs. Her supporting of Life in order to fight and kill if need be.

That life takes place in her Center, growth from Earth.
It also will provide R&R areas for the crew, areas to grow food and has been in the works - again - in the making since my character became developed.

I stress now, again, here in the working thread, as I have in my story lines - Ship’s Center (that BIG HOLE IN HER MIDDLE) is filled now, with *Earthy things* but there are NO visible changes to her outer Ship and no physical changes to any of the areas the crew has been using. None.

So, no one has to interact with Ship’s Center unless they choose to, one reason I chose to take the project as it will effect no other crew member unless they choose.

Second.

I do not control Ship.

I’ve made that clear repeatedly. Here’s a quote from many posts ago.

(Silo) I'm not even remotely interested in talking for Ship with the rest of the crew.

IMO it would be more feasible and convenient for writers to interact with Ship on their own as it falls within their story line.

Big decisions for the storyline we can hammer out here in the working thread and then whoever is speaking with Ship at the moment in the story can reveal any important directions the story will take. (Suggestion)

End quote from previous page here.
In the *moments* Cim and Silo were gone anyone could have carried on with Ship to come to some conclusions over all the loose ends on board or laid the groundwork for upcoming events.
So where did Myth and Keeper go? Are they still going to participate?

Hopefully writers of the collaboration will have enough respect to inform others of their plans so we don't have to repeat the whole week after week of *duh* times (and posts) like we had to after Scurvy left.

peace

[edit on 13-7-2009 by silo13]

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by cindymars
reply to post by nenothtu

Neno pardon me, do you have the right as a writer to do that to Earth?
Shouldn't we all have a say in a character like Earth. I am not to happy about that.

Neno didn't do it, the Ophiuchi Dragon Claw dreadnought ships did. As a writer, I picked up on what was already there, and elaborated.

According to Luder's History of the UEF, the same thing happened to Earth about 200 years ago, story time, around 2100AD. The only difference is that we did it to ourselves that time. Earth survived that, and will survive this too. Civilization just picks up the pieces and moves on, every time.

In the last event of this magnitude, Earth civilization drew closer together and became more unified, leading to the possibility of the UEF. I would imagine the same will occur this time, on a broader interstellar scale, because this time the common enemy is external.

On top of that, I wasn't aware that Earth was a character. In any event, the complete destruction of life on Earth would be much more difficult than that, as has been shown in extinction event after extinction event in the real earth's history. I'd imagine it will take between a year and two years for the atmosphere to settle down enough for Earth civilization to rebuild, but we've already got the seeds among the stars.

All life hasn't been wiped out, but I'd imagine Earth civilization, as well as everything the Penelope crew ever knew, has taken quite a beating. I'm thinking Penelope's crew ought to be pretty upset about that.

Sometimes, in the real world, life takes a sudden turn for the (much) worse, including at times The Destruction of Everything We Thought We Knew. Lends an air of authenticity. Terrible, horrid authenticity.

On a positive note, now the only currently functional Earth ecosystem in the universe is aboard the Yydryl, thanks to you and Silo. You've probably just made a lot of Earthling friends, without yet realizing it.

[edit on 2009/7/13 by nenothtu]

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Yep, well I have not read Luder's thread.
So I feel feel free to take liberties that will affect everyone in the Opera from now on.

I think you should have consulted with us.
I am just being honest, it ticks me off.
Hopefully my character can change it.

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Ok why dont we do it like this:

Since the whales are still the ships Navigators, anyone could go to the Navigation center and connect with them, at that point they can let whoever contacts them that they must speak with Cin, and from there we can get the Whales back to earth "PRIOR" to the earths tragedy?

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Sorry about how I wrote that last post, I am watching the Carol Burnette outtakes program, it is SO funny, she was a true Gem, along with Tim and Harvey of course!

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Yep, well I have not read Luder's thread.
So I feel feel free to take liberties that will affect everyone in the Opera from now on.

I think you should have consulted with us.
I am just being honest, it ticks me off.
Hopefully my character can change it.

What I picked up on and elaborated on was already written into the story thread. Not much harm in filling out and modifying the description. Luder's history of the UEF only provides an "out" to the total destruction of the Earth.

Otherwise, it would have been curtains for Earth-based humanity, courtesy of the Dark Lord, or whatever power is sending raiders our way.

I still maintain that the destruction of Earth civilization should hit closer to home, and be more upsetting, to the Earth-native characters.

[edit on 2009/7/13 by nenothtu]

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Hey I am not up to what the Dark Lord is doing.
Is Luder providing that info in his thread?
I did not know there was a reading assignment.

Hey whilst I am coming off as a right witch (sorry).
I will get over it.

If Luder is writing important storyline, maybe someone should have mentioned this before.

I thought you guys were just busy blowing things up.

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by cindymars

If you're mad, good.

That's the point.

Masqua made a good point earlier in this very thread. We need to focus on the real threat, and how do two forces usually get thrown together in the mix? Something horrid has to occur for them to pay any kind of attention to it.

The Opiuchi Decision to bomb Earth, I'm not going to lie, wasn't something I consulted with anyone on and for that - maybe I overstepped my bounds a bit. But I guarantee you it will spur the remnants of the UEF into action against the O's.

Those Dreadnaughts are headed to Alpha Centauri next.....

As for the background information Neno spoke of, it is a PDF document:

media.abovetopsecret.com...

I wrote a brief history of the Earth and what took place over roughly the time from present day (2009) to the time of the Penelope.

I figured since we were the "humans" in the story, we'd have the say on the history of Earth and what went down there.

[edit on 13-7-2009 by mf_luder]

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 06:38 PM
link   
reply to post by mf_luder

and all of my storyline is important....

I'm not "Janitor 1st Class Luder".....

Nice to see my posts are getting read though....

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Hey whilst I am coming off as a right witch (sorry).
I will get over it.

No Ma'am, your angry, and justifiably so. That's the whole point, I think. Folks have to get angry and get thrown together to take action.

Thus is progress initiated.

I'm not angry with you being angry with me. Take that anger, make it your own, use it, and run through the storyline with it.

Personally, I think you'd make a heck of an avenging angel.

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by mf_luder
reply to post by cindymars

If you're mad, good.

That's the point.

I figured since we were the "humans" in the story, we'd have the say on the history of Earth and what went down there.

Then that is what you humans deserve.
Warlike reaps warlike!
I am a not into fighting and or killing for most reasons!
Neither is my character.

Maybe I shall leave it as it is destroyed.

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 07:04 PM
link   
If Luder is writing important storyline, maybe someone should have mentioned this before.

Ugh.

I don't know what it is about that one line.....

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Well I am a double Scorpio I was thinking about taking the Yydryl after you guys and shooting some nasty green stuff at you.

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Ugh.

I don't know what it is about that one line.....

Oh, my bad! You know what I mean

I will kick your bottom right now.
Bring it to Los Angeles buddy!

I was joking. I thought you were too!

[edit on 13-7-2009 by cindymars]

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by antar
Ok why dont we do it like this:

Since the whales are still the ships Navigators, anyone could go to the Navigation center and connect with them, at that point they can let whoever contacts them that they must speak with Cin, and from there we can get the Whales back to earth "PRIOR" to the earths tragedy?

Wouldn't you prefer a trip to ancient Atlantis with the whales over being where you are?

Just asking.

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 07:11 PM
link   
I think it best I sign off for about 5 hours and go back to sleep.

Sleep is good.

Be back later.

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Masqua made a good point earlier in this very thread. We need to focus on the real threat, and how do two forces usually get thrown together in the mix? Something horrid has to occur for them to pay any kind of attention to it.

The Opiuchi Decision to bomb Earth, I'm not going to lie, wasn't something I consulted with anyone on and for that - maybe I overstepped my bounds a bit. But I guarantee you it will spur the remnants of the UEF into action against the O's.

It was only a matter of time before the Opiuchi attacked. Maybe there could have been battles further out towards from whence the black holes collided and the displaced begin encroaching on Earth Federation.

Doesn't matter that Earth got nailed, though, because it places all the remaining planets under Earth control in the same panel. Humankind is now out of its nest and must learn to consolidate from a new base. This certainly isn't the end of the Federation just yet.

If anyone is to write the history of future Earth, it should be humans, especially in the case of the Opera and in particular by the crew of the Penelope. What was really special was the visit made by members of the Yydryl crew describing the beauty that has now been lost.

I considered something similar myself and was thinking of a general assault on Earth Federation.

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Well I am a double Scorpio I was thinking about taking the Yydryl after you guys and shooting some nasty green stuff at you.

I have experiences with scorpios... a mother, a daughter, and an ex wife.

You scare me. You truly do... They made me the fearful sort I am today...

And here I am without any "Nasty Green Goo " repellent...

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by nenothtu

I have experiences with scorpios... a mother, a daughter, and an ex wife.

You scare me. You truly do... They made me the fearful sort I am today...

And here I am without any "Nasty Green Goo " repellent...

Well bless your heart.
I would not want to have all those Scorpio women around me, especially when we are PMS, which I may well be.
So nasty and all.
Tequilla shot when I get home but no computer.
Hmmm can I blame someone for that?

new topics

top topics

<< 140  141  142    144  145  146 >>

join