It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Space Opera Working Thread

page: 134
<< 131  132  133    135  136  137 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 06:58 PM
link   
reply to post by SeekerOfAUTMN

The "curtain" approach may not work well. We'd most likely have to figure in ways to blind the future cognates of visual, light amplification, radar, AND thermal/IR all simultaneously.

A trojan 'splosion in their own docking bay may create enough confusion and diversion to scoot to a new position, and immediately commence firing from pre-computed firing solutions from that position, before they can re-compute their own firing solutions to bear on that position.

That dropship had stealth capabilities. Do you reckon it could stealth even from them? I mean, if they can see their own stealth, it wouldn't be undefeatable stealth, would it? If they can 'unstealth' their own bird, surely some down on his luck NI agent would have already sold that technology to the Vogons, or whomever, so paranoia being what it is, there's the possibility that they've never developed a way to even see their own stuff under cloak.

I reckon what I'm getting at is that if they can't even see their own stuff, they can be fairly sure no one else can either. That's the final test in US sniper training - you have to be able to sneak up on the instructors.

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 08:10 PM
link   
reply to post by nenothtu

I'm starting to like the things I'm hearing and I know I didn't mention it in my list of options but ideas from ALL CREW are always welcome - believe me.

This is what I think we can piecemeal together:

1) We send a shuttle rigged to go boom with Horkos and an NI agent on board to simulate Luder and Asher.

2) While that's going on (or as a result of it) we work on taking down their sensors.

3) Once they can't see or our little present has attacked, we launch all fighters and whip the pure and holy snarf dung out of them.

What say ye?

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 08:32 PM
link   
reply to post by mf_luder

Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 08:53 PM
link   

In my opinion, the stealth features are so advanced that even NI can't detect their own stealthed craft without one mother of a scan array, station mounted I would think.

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 08:56 PM
link   

I like that idea, and I may even have a plotline that might help even the playing field between us and them.

It's going to be ugly no matter how you shake it though. We're going to come out with some new scratches and many less mouths to feed, but it seems doable.

That and Horkos will probably come to an unpleasant death.

Can't wait to see how it goes.

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Then it is time.

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 11:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war

Yeah, what he said!

And let's blow 'em up real good!

The plan turned out so good, I can't even think of a way to rig the stealth dropship in there now! I'm pretty sure a boarding party might get toasted in all the mayhem and havoc we appear to be about to wreak.

Good thing neno only toasted Asher's mechanical mind, and not all them little mechanical doodads of his! Methinks his "special abilities" are about to come in real handy...

[edit on 2009/6/30 by nenothtu]

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 01:11 AM
link   
Post is up.

Please forgive the reference to duct tape, but I've found it to be such useful stuff, that I'm sure it'll still be around a couple hundred years from now. I know a fella that drove 5 miles to his home with the tie rod ends duct taped to his car.

That ought to blow it up real good! Prettiest mushroom cloud you EVER saw!

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 02:41 AM
link   
Blowing up sedated prisoner's?

(Whispers) "Dear God!"

Woah, I'm gone for a few hours and everyone starts having delusions of being Seeker!

Studious has gone through something like this before (see the flashbacks.)

This might just be the anvil that breaks his back.

[edit on 30-6-2009 by Studious]

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 03:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Studious

Keep in mind - that there is a term we use in DnD called "meta gaming."

Studious' last position was in a service duct in the bowels of the ship. There is NO way he knows what is going on outside of that service duct.

Plus, all communications were directly between the people involved.

No meta gaming.

Bad Studious.

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 03:30 AM
link   
I never said I was going to do anything......now.

I'll get out the popcorn this looks like it's going to be intense.

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 03:41 AM
link   
Well now, neno would never mistreat prisoners! He's doing them a favor. They want to get back to the hive, and he's sending them back. Sure, they're gonna die, but so is the rest of the hive, shortly thereafter. He's giving them the opportunity to die with their loved ones.

Neno is a humanitarian!

Besides, he sedated them. Just like felons on death row. They've been sentenced to death for mutiny or treason or something, at captain's mast, as far as he's concerned. Law of the high seas, and all of that.

Neno is really a nice guy at heart. I'll bet you wouldn't even mind if your daughter wanted to date him, once ya get to know him!

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 05:57 AM
link   
Cry Havoc?
Let slip the dogs of war?

Uh-uh.
Sounds good but you know how it really goes don't you?

"Scream like a school girl and drop kick the chihuahua."

I'm short on time but I'll add my two cents as quick as I can. .
I'm going to assume a "what's up?" response to luder and respond accordingly to the fact that we've got 3 big bad guys out there.

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 06:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Studious

LOL! That is the funniest smiley ever.

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 09:32 AM
link   
reply to post by badgerprints

Wow.

That was one of the best posts I've read in a while. I wish I could give you like 5 stars by myself. That took me back to early 2000s, when I used to read the X-Wing series.

Good stuff man.

Keep it up.

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by SeekerOfAUTMN
We're going to come out with some new scratches and many less mouths to feed

You weren't kidding.

How is Asher going to survive your latest post?

I'm anticipating some glorious fireworks soon

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 06:51 PM
link   
reply to post by masqua

Oh, and those fireworks be coming...

I have some ideas about where to go with Asher from here, but no, he's not coming out of that chair alive.

We'll see how this plays out, and thanks for the applause by the way. Much appreciated.

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 07:26 PM
link   
reply to post by SeekerOfAUTMN

Holy crap.

This story should be a movie or something.

AWESOME POSTS GUYS, AWESOME.....

Now that everyone is all set, I suppose it's back on me now.

I'll have the opening volley posted in a few hours.

See you all then.

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 12:10 AM
link   
I'm.... I'm... I'm... FLABBERGASTED. How many times can Asher give his life to save the Penelope? Two down, seven to go?

I'm sitting on the edge of my chair, waiting impatiently to see who, or WHAT Asher comes out of this as.

I hope someone on the bridge has band aids.

I think the remaining 2 NI agents in the brig are gonna make a jailbreak in the mayhem to come, and meet a bad end.

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 12:38 AM
link   

Arg... I know... Seems like a recurring theme doesn't it?

Then again, the Penelope has been in a more or less perpetual state of crisis since we left L2. Keeps us crew members on our toes I guess.

new topics

top topics

<< 131  132  133    135  136  137 >>

join