It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Space Opera Working Thread

page: 132
<< 129  130  131    133  134  135 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 08:42 PM
link   
reply to post by nenothtu

Thank both of you and I noticed Silo posted in one of those threads too. I think....

Maybe it was the NK thread.

Anyhoo - I always seem to be part of a "team" that goes in after those threads - Dooper, Jenna and me are always there in the middle of the fray on any anti-US military thread... lol.

Just kinda worked out that way a few months back.

But it was never my intent to bring those threads or their issues here. I'll refrain from posting about it again here so I don't seem like I'm trying to foment a massive war between us and the others.

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 08:51 PM
link   
reply to post by mf_luder

I didn't jump into those fights becuase I didn't have a dog in that fight but I brought my little bag of stars

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 08:52 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

lol much appreciated man

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by mf_luder

Sorry man - everyone really - between work and those threads..... AAARRGGHGHHHh -

No need to apologize bro. I'm hooked on the opera, but not THAT hooked.

Like I said, it's interesting stuff. Kind of thing I came to ATS for really. That sort of argument helps me shape my own opinion.

In any case, I'm hoping Neno and I can work out some kind of "accident" (LOL) for Horkos... Maybe some kind of unfortunate misstep...

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 11:29 PM
link   
Well, I'm thinking that, since there are no night-side lights on the planet, discovery of a few dead cities from a dead civilization could perk up folks' curiosity.

NI might have some sort of specialized means of cataloging such curiosities, and of course they'd need to go down with us to operate, or catalog, or whatever they do.

Might need to visit ruins on an island in order to avoid the pitfalls and beasties sure to be found on a mainland. If NI happened to get lost in the ruins when it was time to go....

I haven't yet figured out a mechanism for getting Studious down there yet, with him being lost and all...

Horkos has got to go, though. I need to introduce him to my very FAVORITE Uktena... and it's feeding time at the zoo.

The rough out for Khalamzadar has such a dead civilization on it, but I've never really posted the particulars of the planet anywhere yet. I was in the process of typing it up for Luder's Penelope background thread, and got sidetracked.

Danged internets anyhow.

[edit on 2009/6/24 by nenothtu]

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Wow, you and I think so much alike, it is scary sometimes.

A dead civilization was exactly the route I was going.....

lol

Post will be up soon.

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Wow, you and I think so much alike, it is scary sometimes.

A dead civilization was exactly the route I was going.....

lol

Post will be up soon.

Careful, I'm older than you. You DON'T want to turn out like me!

Dead civilizations should be fairly common in the galaxy. Not everyone can make the stars before they blow themselves up.

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 11:47 PM
link   

The ship had developed a loud creaking sound as well, like an ancient seafaring vessel. Luder sighed and continued through the reports.

Hey I resemble that remark!

Man my keebler elves must not be on the ball. I'll have to slash their ration of gruel.

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 12:12 AM
link   
reply to post by mf_luder

I get sooo pissed that I want to hack accounts and go find people so I can put my 11.5 Wide combat boot up their rear ends....

I know what you mean but sometimes just giving ‘em a good case a pucker-butt can be a beautiful thing...

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 12:43 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

ROFL!

That was no hit on your awesome crews, just something to give a bit of description to the condition of the ship at the moment.

You did, afterall - just bounce her off the edge of a planet's atmosphere....

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 12:44 AM
link   

heh, no argument on the age thing Neno

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 03:52 AM
link   

heh, no argument on the age thing Neno

You could have argued just a little! Kids these days....

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 04:18 AM
link   
I'll get a post in tomorrow. Right now, I think I'm going to bed before my head implodes, and besides, it'll give me time to think and sleep on it, and hopefully provide a post worthy of inclusion amongst the great ones we've been having lately.

Sometimes, you guys give me an inferiority complex...

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 06:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by nenothtu
I haven't yet figured out a mechanism for getting Studious down there yet, with him being lost and all...

Asher already asked Badger to get the dropship back into working order.

It is at the far end of bay two and the isolation wall for launch is already up because Badger doesn't want his people interacting with NI, Studious, Asher, Seeker, Nightcrawler or any of the other x-men.

Steal the thing if you want, but if you hurt any of Badgers kids he's gonna finish you off for good.

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 11:25 AM
link   

lol, Neno, I think you and I could be friends in real life sometimes....

"inferiority complex"? lol - sometimes I feel the same way about some of the stuff you guys post.

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Hey Cim...
I’ll probably do a little edit in the morning - my eyes are shot - but I think I got all the points you asked me to.
I hope.

Sorry not to catch up with you this evening.

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

No problem...I will read it again before posting.

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 03:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by badgerprints

Originally posted by nenothtu

Asher already asked Badger to get the dropship back into working order.

It is at the far end of bay two and the isolation wall for launch is already up because Badger doesn't want his people interacting with NI, Studious, Asher, Seeker, Nightcrawler or any of the other x-men.

Steal the thing if you want, but if you hurt any of Badgers kids he's gonna finish you off for good.

By "mechanism", I didn't mean a mechanical mechanism, I meant a literary mechanisms to catch his errant butt, grab him by the scruff of the neck, and 'convince' him he needs to go with us to the surface.

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Are you guys waiting on me again?

lol

If so, I can throw something up - but the ball's in your court, Neno.

Lead that away team....

Also -

Slayer - are you still on your way for the meeting?

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Are you guys waiting on me again?

lol

If so, I can throw something up - but the ball's in your court, Neno.

Lead that away team....

Also -

Slayer - are you still on your way for the meeting?

Sorry 'bout the delay. I've been having to do some 4-wheel juggling here today. I'm hoping to get something out tonight.

I've got to do some review right now, and find out where Asher is, and still haven't got a way to snag Studious.

He's on the move again....

new topics

top topics

<< 129  130  131    133  134  135 >>

join