It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Space Opera Working Thread

page: 113
<< 110  111  112    114  115  116 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by nenothtu

Thank you for the reply

That means I should have said 4,091 in that post awhile back.

If these are the correct totals

4,000 Nimitz
72 Fighters
7 First Dropship
7 Sgt. Means and other Security
5 NI-7

I figured having the transmission blocked would result in me basically having to re-say everything I'm telling Seeker to the rest of the crew. So I had the ID badge that had kept beeping all the time be able to transmit through the jamming.

I can remove that if desired.

[edit on 9-6-2009 by Studious]

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Studious

I figured having the transmission blocked would result in me basically having to re-say everything I'm telling Seeker to the rest of the crew. So I had the ID badge that had kept beeping all the time be able to transmit through the jamming.

I can remove that if desired.

[edit on 9-6-2009 by Studious]

I picked up on that and incorporated it into my 'mini' post.

DAY-YUM! What a day! Can you say 'flurry of activity'? Sure, I knew you could!

Luder, it's your baby now. Pick it up and run with it. Unravelling as you go...

I think we've given you enough to stay busy...

I'm off to find a 55 gallon drum of Xanex for poor old neno. I bet he washes it down with some of the moonshine from that still he's got hid in his quarters.

I wanted to find some Hydrocodone for him, but I think Col. Studious has the market on that cornered. he's gonna need it... Strapped down in sick bay again!

Ahhhh, the pressures of command!

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 09:09 PM
link   
Reply to post by cindymars

I am very much human so i have to join penelope. I am very good with munitions; proficient in Earth based artillery, average in confiscated alien technologies. I.e. Plasma weapons.

Space Marine
HT/wt : 6'3 / 245
Specialization: Munitions, Covert Ops, Demolition.

Someone assign me a post on the Penelope so I can help us win this war.

Skeet at your service, sir!

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by badgerprints

lol. remember luder doesn't even know wth is going on.

he waited for neno to act because he left neno in command.

I'm not really like that in real life mind you. lol

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 09:17 PM
link   
reply to post by skeetontheconspiracy

A 24 year old gunny? Talk about fast tracking. You are more than welcome to board the Penelope but we are nowhere near Earth at this time. I was going to make this a surprise but we're going to be headed back that direction very soon. I don't suppose I could interest you in one of our empty chief officer slots can I? If you are dead set on marine that's fine of course but remember you will be answering to the craziest Colonel in the UEF. Look forward to seeing you on board.

Badger. Love your posts you brought more life to our ship by energizing the fighter section. Bravo.

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 10:59 PM
link   
reply to post by mf_luder

Another trip back to Earth? didn't I just get court-martialled there? Mind if I stay in my quarters, with the door locked... and barricaded? Maybe drinking, with a loaded weapon?

Put Gunny on the helm... where you can watch him! (and he's safe from Studious) Notice that qualification for covert ops? Asher Just erased a covert ops NI gang... I want to slap Horkos around a bit before we dock at L2 Station, and have to hand him over to his buddies.

Anyone notice nenothtu is developing a distaste for NI operatives?

Studious, I'm gonna build a padded medical cell in the brig, just for you! Think of it as a home away from home....

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 11:25 PM
link   
Reply to post by mf_luder

Aye captain, chief officer it is. being as I am specialized in covert ops and demolition. I am best suited for commanding squads to covertly destroy and sabotage enemy outposts, enemy ships, and the sorts. hence the fast track to rank.
And I assure you, my loyalty is to the federation and my captain.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 11:42 PM
link   
reply to post by skeetontheconspiracy

Hmm.... covert ops eh? I think Neno's right that sounds like NI.

I'd watch your back Seeker likes to fry people like that.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 03:44 AM
link   
Luder - nenothtu is already on the bridge, putting on his steel drawers for the butt chewing that's sure to follow this Chinese Fire Drill.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 04:03 AM
link   
I've edited that last post right before I get put into the coma. I felt a more thorough explanation would be better now rather than too far after the fact.

Plus I feel that the post is better as a personal exchange between the two and would not fit in with the briefing Luder has called.

"In fact I told Ack...." part is referencing this line in the heated exchange between Studious and Ackerman.

Originally posted by Studious
Studious: “If you mean what you say I’ll help you. But if you double cross me, I won’t hesitate to put a bullet in your head.”

In This Post

[edit on 10-6-2009 by Studious]

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 05:01 AM
link   
reply to post by nenothtu

LOL

There's not going to be any butt-chewing going on from me.

I have a major issue to discuss w/ Studious of course - (in character) but the rest of you are guilty of nothing.

Unless there's something I missed....

hehehe

Just kidding.

That and I have some promotions to make.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Badgers on the way to the bridge he had to take care of a few things in his new wing and isn't familiar with the ship so hes going to be fashionably late. He's still in a flight suit because his new officers pants don't fit right. They are too loose in the back and too tight in the front.
Fleet issues tighty whities and Badger can't deal with that scene. He's still wearing the boxers he had on in stasis for six months. So go ahead and chew butt. Those bad boys are ripe!

Of course, my pants are totally metaphorical. Everybody already knows that badgers don't wear em.

[edit on 10-6-2009 by badgerprints]

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Myth, you caught me off guard with the weapons things, but I worked it in.

It's nice to see you aboard. I think I have taken over the Captain's position at this time since there seems to be nobody else in the ship other than NPC's.

I've currently repairing the ship, so your character might see things fixing themselves, you would not be able to see the nanites, unless you have some super Kalico Vision
or something.

~Keeper

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

lol, sorry. I thought I sent you a u2u, maybe I misspelled your name or something. It seemed like the way to go. And now I will be in contact with you tomorrow. So the others can catch up on reading...

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by TheMythLives

Yeah I got the boarding message, but I didn't know you'd be having the ship fire on you. I had the cloaking and the bay doors locked shut in my lat post, but I worked it out.

I just blamed it on the hull damage.

Good Post BTW, very well done.

~Keeper

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Command of the Yydryl.

I believe you're going to have to pick an interrex capain for the time being.

Ok guys I have some bad news. I'm dropping out.

My time for writing was always at work during the day as it was slow enough that I could. As it is we're seeing 150% more volume than last year and I simply do not have the time to get on here, let alone contribute a post. I'll be this busy all summer and my nights are my time, I spend it out in nature or with friends, not on the computer. I'm very sorry to all I just can't keep up and at the pace you guys are moving this at I barely have time to read all the posts.

If there's anything you guys want me to tie up please let me know via a U2U and I'll include it in my final post.

Again very sorry... I'm just too overwhelmed and I feel as though I'm holding up the show and pissing a lot of you off in the process, whether you'll admit it or not

www.abovetopsecret.com...

No doubt scurvy will come back when he has more time, but until he does, someone needs to take command.

removed crappy link

[edit on 10/6/09 by masqua]

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

I've currently repairing the ship, so your character might see things fixing themselves, you would not be able to see the nanites, unless you have some super Kalico Vision or something.

Tothetenthpower

Couple a things to take note of.

~~ Ship needs to be *healed* not fixed as Ship is biological.
Antar is still on Ship - She's the Ship's Healer - and she’s off *Healing Ship* and checking the Whales at the moment.
She's already initiated *Healing* of the Ship in the story line so you might want to work around that to stay within the storyline and avoid conflict for the readers.

Officer Antar: Please be advised the ship seems to have grown a Sensa-Skin which is holding the severed area together. I am no expert in these matters but, it does appear it will need your attention. Whisper Out.”

Where Antar answers she’s going off to heal Ship and check the Whales.

~~ As for you taking over as Captain.

There is no mention in our story (yet) of loosing our Captain Scurvy, he’s just busy at his duties onboard at the moment. Depending on what everyone decides it probably will fall on your and Myth to reveal to the readers our Captain is gone - but the reason he’s missing is something we'll have to work out here between us all like we’ve done before when our Captains have split, lol.

We’ve yet to hear from Scurvy if he’ll be staying on as Captain and be used in *name only* - or - if Ship will captain herself, the Officers writing in fro Ship when it coincides with their duties.

Example - Antar would write for Ship where decisions about healing need to be made, CindyMars when anything pertaining to R&R and Leisure activities, You, as you posted your forte is navigation, in a situation of navigation etc - so you taking over when you’re on deck works out great - just remember we’re not without a Captain yet, and Ship is Captain of herself.

I’ve asked Masqua to contact Scurvy and give us some suggestions that wont break rules or step on toes.

So let’s wait and hear from Scurvy and Masqua.
After, we’ll have to approach the subject here in the working thread before going on with the story line as the subject of a new Captain or none at all will effect everyone's storylines and the decision should be a joint one.

Thankers!

OH! Before I forget - Myth Welcome aboard!

[edit on 10-6-2009 by silo13]

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by masqua

If there's anything you guys want me to tie up please let me know via a U2U and I'll include it in my final post.

Masqua - I've sent a message to Scurvy concerning the above quote.

How long do you suggest we wait until we move on?

I mean I read the post you just left here of course, but, what I'm asking is - Do you think it's worth waiting any longer or moving on now?

I'd hoped we'd hear back from him before writing him out (temporarily or not) as he really enjoyed the Opera so much.

Thanks

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

I notice scurvy was online today, so I doubt you'll need to wait long.

If you DO write him out, do it in such a way that there's a way back in for him. I know he loved the Opera and, if things get more settled in a couple of months, he can join back in.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by masqua

That's why I hoped he'd let us just keep his name active as a NPC, but, we'll have to wait and see.

*Crosses Fingers*

thanks again

top topics

<< 110  111  112    114  115  116 >>

join