It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Space Opera Working Thread

page: 111
<< 108  109  110    112  113  114 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 02:38 AM
link   
reply to post by TheMythLives

Oh, something that I should point out since it never really came up. The USS Penelope also has crew aboard which are not human - but are other member races of the UEF. IE = Greys, Draconians, Tall Whites, etc.

Things of that nature.

I never really thought to include them in my descriptions, but didn't want to present a wholly "humanist" view on the UEF for those interested.

[edit on 9-6-2009 by mf_luder]

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 02:45 AM
link   
lol

Neno

1) There are fighters out ready to engage at your order an unknown, cloaked dropship.

2) Which - oh by the way - spat two of our senior crew out into vacuum.

3) The Yydryl is still hanging there waiting for action.

4) The Captain's shuttle is coming in to dock.

Feeling the pressure yet?

Doing good man.

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 04:53 AM
link   
Ok
I just posted the latest in the Misadventures of the Chief Engineer.
I reedited it three times. I think this ones a keeper let me know what you guys think

Peace

Slay

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 04:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by mf_luder
reply to post by TheMythLives

Oh, something that I should point out since it never really came up. The USS Penelope also has crew aboard which are not human - but are other member races of the UEF. IE = Greys,

OOooo! Can I have a Grey as a pet?
That would be cool.

I'll call him Bob!

Bob grab me a beer!

[edit on 9-6-2009 by SLAYER69]

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 04:57 AM
link   
Luder - thanks for your understanding over my mistake.

Neno - I got my fiasco worked out.
Now I thumb my nose in the direction of all humans.

Badger - thanks for using the quote - it gave me what I needed to *get out*.

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 11:54 AM
link   
How can a human breath in space not in a space suit?
Just curious. Wouldn't they die rather quickly?

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by cindymars

Well, I was under that impression myself which is why I called for an emergency retrieval. I threw in that we have single seat fighters so we can't retrieve stranded floaters but the "behind the scenes Badger" already knows that those two are homicidal/suicidal and dangerous so he's sending a disposable crew member to take the chance of getting the business end of that all too busy hidden gun that Asher/seeker (loony?) has on him.

As I understand it, in a vacuum you lose consciousness in 16 seconds. After 1-2 minutes your brain starts to become damaged due to lack of oxygen. They will have other problems too like gas buildup in the bloodstream and respiratory damage. The astronauts say that the first thing you feel is saliva boiling off of your tongue. It feels like pop rocks.

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by badgerprints

Well Seeker handeled that very well.
Good writing guys and gals.
I am a fan.

Next time Studious...to the moon. LOL

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 02:44 PM
link   
A number of writers seem to have abandoned the main thread. In order to keep things easy for our readers to keep up on perhaps it's time to shed some of those participants. How we do that should be up to the active members of the crew.

Some, like questioningall, loam and Whisper67 have had the grace to talk about their absense and perhaps come back at a later date, which is fine. They at least wrote themselves out of the Opera in various forms.

This is to be expected if the story is to continue being written over the long term

However, others have just simply stopped being active.

They are:

whiterabbit85
    DJMEssiah
    Cadbury

If there is any reason to keep these members on the crew rosters, then please let me know.

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by cindymars

Their lungs would be pulled out into the vaccuum, and the blood vessels in their eyeballs would burst. Seeker made a point of telling us he had his pressure suit on in the post where he burned a hole to board the dropship, stating that the zone killer popped out of the same hole as before. I have to assume that it's SOP to wear pressure suits and keep a helmet handy when in transit, as smaller, unarmored shuttles could be prone to 'skin diseases' from micro-meteoroids... and Zone Killers... when in transit. I realize that a dropship is likely armored, but that won't affect mere transit SOPs.

Sorry I dropped the ball. My network adapter on my desktop machine threw up, and now it won't even connect to my LAN, much less the internet, so I had to dust off this laptop and fire it up. I'm off to get caught up now, and hopefully some one saves those two floating 'crewsickles'.

What a time for an equipment malfunction! Murphy strikes again!

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by masqua

Nope, no reason to keep them but my character would have liked to meet Cadbury again to find out what happened.

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Is there anybody else on the bridge at the moment?

Writer or NPC?

I am writing in my "true" intro, since I've now been taken to my primary location on the bridge, and I don't want to mess the story or anything.

So anybody there, please let me know so I don't over look you

~Keeper

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

I left Ensign Swarg incharge when I came to you but Silo said noone was on the bridge, so deal harshly with this Ensign Swarg for leaving their post. LOL

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Isit too late to join in? I can take the position of one of the members that quit posting.
I have been off with Spartan 117 fighting off hordes of flood, just returned to Earth mere weeks ago.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by skeetontheconspiracy

It's never too late...

You going to post a bio here so we can take a peek at ya?

OH! And you want to join the Penelope or the Yydryl?

[edit on 9-6-2009 by silo13]

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by cindymars

I certainly will.

That's an NPC correct?

And anybody have a general layout of the bridge, I don't wanna make things up off the top of my head.

~Keeper

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by skeetontheconspiracy

It would be great to have you Skeet.

If you are macho and like technology the Pen or more artistic and facyful the Yydryl.

Tenth yes a NPC.

[edit on 9-6-2009 by cindymars]

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by cindymars

Me too. As I've said ever since this began, I won't take anyone out unless they say it's OK. If that means a U2U to the crew members listed, then that's what I'll do.

At least that way we'll all know what their intentions are.

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by masqua

I wasn't trying to subvert anyone w/ that U2U - we are in dire need of a real writer running our Chief Medical Officer and Whiterabbit left voluntarily a while back. I thought he let you know.

I think someone sent a U2U to DjMessiah a while ago, and he said he was coming back, but his profile shows he hasn't been logged in since sometime in April.

I was just concerned, because our recruiting drive is starting to work - and as a "Ship's Captain", if I can get regulars in those high priority jobs, I'd rather slot them in as such.

Ultimately - I'm not trying to cause any drama or throw anyone under the bus as it were, but I would like to fill the CMO slot with a real person if messiah never returns.

*Or we could use the EMH, but I hear that guy is a real pain in the rear....

That's all.

Cheers!

[edit on 9-6-2009 by mf_luder]

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 05:03 PM
link   
"They are no longer a problem", Asher had said. That certainly souned ominous. Asher had a track record of handling 'problems' with extreme prejudice.

LOL

top topics

<< 108  109  110    112  113  114 >>

join