It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Space Opera Working Thread

page: 110
<< 107  108  109    111  112  113 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 10:12 PM
link   
Heads up, Badger. I edited my last post in the story thread, and issued orders to ya. I tried to put them in orange to stand out, and of course that didn't work for me.

I copied and pasted Luder's orders to me, and it turned out fine, but when I tried to duplicate it for orders to others, I got nothing. I reckon maybe I ain't fit for command.

Stupid technology.

[edit on 2009/6/7 by nenothtu]

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 10:15 PM
link   
This may have already been asked, but who is what race? Is there a way to find out without having to backtrace 100+ pages? Just curious. Because that could be important..lol

[edit on Jun 7th 2009 by TheMythLives]

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 10:26 PM
link   
reply to post by TheMythLives

Silo is a... S.I.L.O., which I understand to be a sort of engineered life form. Humanoid, but with the addition of an extra pair of eyes on stalks, like earth snails have, and an ability to 'morph' into nearby objects, which I take to be a merge of sorts.

Whisper, when she returns, is a Rigellian, as is Scurvy. Think 'tentacled' or 'Octopii' when you think of them.

Antar is also a Rigellian of sorts, I understand, but not tentacled. She appears in humanoid form to us humans. I picture her as 'elfen' in my own head, not like a miniature sprite, more like a full-sized elf, around 5 1/2 feet tall. I'm not sure how that meshes with her self-description, that's just how I keep them straight in my own head.

Tenth's character is new, but I gather it to be humanoid, And cloaked, with a collar that rises to cover the lower half of his face, leaving just the eyes exposed.

And then there's you, you U-man Pirate devil!

All of us on Penelope are human, so far.

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 10:35 PM
link   
reply to post by nenothtu

Thanks, much appreciated. Now I am all set! I am a U-Man on a ship of full of Reg''s who like to eat humans. Boy am I lucky

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Yeah, some folks have ALL the luck! Does the phrase "out of the frying pan, and in to the fire" hold any meaning for you? I'm not even gonna VISIT Yydryl without at least a pair of steel drawers on, and you volunteered to LIVE there!

And Badger says I'M out of my tree!

Speaking of out of my tree, Badger, I'm glad you got a chance to eat, shower, and shave before I dropped you out on the sharp end! You might want to ask Abernasty which bird is yours...

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 11:18 PM
link   
Hi ya Luder - glad you're back.

Ahoy and Avast there Myth! (ok I'll give up pirate talk until you give the crew lessons)! Anyway, will be good to *see* you on board!

Will be fun to see how you *find* us on Earth as I bet CindyMars and I are going to skip off to Earth on a shuttle - though I'm not sure yet that's CindyMars gig. (CandyBars? hehehe BadgerPants)...

Studious, I'll be working my way around that *solid door* issue in my post this morning. Somehow that slipped by me too, unless you edited it in - which makes things easier for me thank you!

Tothetenthpower Hope all’s well with your son. I like the half face cover thing you’re doing by the way. Have you a picture of your character yet? I’d like to see one if you do?

Has anyone heard what Scurvy wants us to do with his character? Keep him *in play* in name only? From what I read Antar said she's at the Whales checking their water so I would assume that gives us the right to reference her there, but still no word from Scurvy...?

Whisper? Where are youuuuu...

Deson, hope all went well with your friend Carol and the horses! I’ll be back to ask you questions about knives or some kind of weapon before I go with CindyMars - or at least I hope there’s time... Maybe not though I don’t want to rush you on any ideas you might have. Also, I’d like to add to your thread - if the intention was we all can add there? If not, don’t worry, I’ll figure something out, I don’t want to step on thread *toes*...

Happy June Everyone! And Don't Forget to Wear Sunscreen!

[edit on 7-6-2009 by silo13]

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 11:25 PM
link   
Yeah, but I didn't get time for my afternoon crapandanap.

It's all good. I found the flight deck and have a pretty officer type pointing out my ride.

Hello Myth.
Have fun on the "Y". It wouldn't matter which ship you are on. It's all one big ole freakshow around here.

I'm reminded of that scene from "Die Hard" where the body hits the windshield and the car drives wildly in reverse over the embankment while being riddled with bullets.

"Welcome to the party Pal !"

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 12:31 AM
link   
Well, due to circumstances beyond either my control or Carol's control my small trip is put off till Tuesday morning so I'll be around tomorrow just a bit. I'll see if I can finish the texture work on the rifle tomorrow.

Oh in answer to a question that was asked of me. My Yydryl thread? Feel free to post species information. What you species looks like, typically acts like, society, whatever your demented imaginations can come up with. I figure that personal BIOs containing the past history of your character might be more suited here. That way your past history for your particular character can be sprung upon the readers. Take mine for example. I posted a species BIO in the Yydryl thread and then a personal one here for the writers.

Edit to also add:

Feel free to add anything else that you desire as far as additional information is concerned. Heck, go ahead and create a whole planet if you feel like it. If you feel that your species has a certain liking for a particular weapon for example, and it makes sense, then by all means add it in. I don't mind.

Myth, you needed worry about me. My character is a vegetarian. But then I'm a NPC so I don't add to the writing thread per se. I'm more there as background and someone for the characters to interact with. From what I understand, eating human might not be as common as you think since there are humans in the Orion Alliance.

[edit on 8-6-2009 by Deson]

[edit on 8-6-2009 by Deson]

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 12:35 AM
link   
reply to post by badgerprints

You catch on quick. Nice edit! The only problem is, it won't let me fling another star on ya

Why does everyone on Penelope have a lanky female sidekick but me? I'm gonna lodge a protest with HQ next time we're at L2. Assuming I'm not up for court-martial again, that is... and Luder got the shore leave out here!

Yydryl crew: I heard neno has some magic beans to trade for rifle seeds...

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 02:00 AM
link   
Silo, I'm as yet undecided how to reply to your last post. Neno, being who he is, has a very low tolerance for unauthorized 'rescue' missions by personnel who tend to leave the captain out of the loop, without so much as a 'by your leave', or even bothering to find out if a rescue is necessary, or even advisable, given the tenuous relations available at first contacts.

They could have caused an interstellar 'incident', which could have blown up into an interstellar war. neno, for all his 'warlike' attitude is not very fond of war, he just realizes that sometimes it's necessary. Wars like this action could have caused are not necessary, and he don't much like the notion of what could have happened, and might the next time this sort of activity occurs if it's condoned in this case.

Based on that, he'd just as soon they burn in Yydryl's brig as come back aboard Penelope, where he might be forced to have to keel-haul them, or fire 'em out of a torpedo tube.

He doesn't know they are NI. If he did, he'd probably blast the dropship out of space as soon as it was detectable. Of course, this will do nothing to advance the relationship between neno and Studious, when neno finds out that Studious has been working with NI. Nothin' personal, Studious. How would it look to your character if he suddenly learned neno had been working with NI, before he got any sort of explanation for it? This ought to get interesting.

Neno also doesn't KNOW that NI and Studious are on their way back, but he DOES know that Asher is, but not the why or how.

Besides, don't Rigellians like their food cooked?

[edit on 2009/6/8 by nenothtu]

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 08:49 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Thanks for the Welcome glad to be aboard! Well, almost aboard.

reply to post by Deson

Glad to know Deson, Glad to know. At least I know I am safe.

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 11:38 AM
link   

What you could do if you desire, is sort of write up on the pirates themselves. Where they are from, what society that they might have, favored weapons, how long they've been around, how well are they accepted in the Orion alliance, etc. Thus giving people a background on what it means to be a reformed pirate and not just picture someone wearing a space helmet and a parrot sitting on his shoulder wearing it's own space suit.

(chuckles at the image of a muffled BWAAACK!! coming from a parrot wearing a space helmet)

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by silo13
Hi ya Luder - glad you're back.

Will be fun to see how you *find* us on Earth as I bet CindyMars and I are going to skip off to Earth on a shuttle - though I'm not sure yet that's CindyMars gig. (CandyBars? hehehe BadgerPants)...
Don't Forget to Wear Sunscreen!

[edit on 7-6-2009 by silo13]

Girl we dont need a shuttle, we be timetravelling, I never said when on Earth!

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by nenothtu

Neno -
Ok, well, I just got way out of whack between missing a post, rewriting another then checking the posts this morning, seeing nothing new, running off to write an answer, posting, only to find there was a post - posted in between the time I checked and finished writing.
If that was confusing to you think how I feel, lol.

Anyway, answer as you see fit.
Tell me you wish they’d burned like pop tarts, anything...

It just happened I was left on one side of a solid door with a burning bunch of U-Mans sealed off behind it.

My character couldn’t see the escape, the ship, anything - so for all my character knew they were roasting like little weenies on a kebab in there.

As I’d just as soon close off that nightmare of a session just gimme a shout and let me know they’re not burning up - too bad they weren’t whatever so I can move on...

Thanks tons!

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by cindymars

Ohhhhh no shuttle huh, now that's cool.
I'll have to come up with a really amazing way how to get all the cryo material back to the Yydryl.

Or can the thingy you're going to give me transport *stuff* along with me?

And yeah, I was telling Myth I didn't know where we'd be so he'd have to find us.

No shuttle though?

We'll have to come up with something creative to get Myth back with us (separate or together doesn't matter), and all the things I need for Ship.

*Puts on rusty thinking cap*...

I'll post that I'm on my way as soon as I can get out of the filthy drama I'm in the middle of at the moment.

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

I will explain it to you in a U2U.
Don't want to spoil the fun for everybody.

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 05:07 PM
link   
ok, here are just the images of the textured rifle. I'll do a write up concerning it's capabilities later on if I can for the Yydryl info thread.

Rifle with folding stock extended.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/9a9766b80da8.jpg[/atsimg]

Link to same picture full sized.

Rifle with folding stock retracted.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/0f087c2c2de4.jpg[/atsimg]

Link to same picture full sized.

Close up pic of the seed container.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/41823c5ddcd0.jpg[/atsimg]

Hope it meets with your approval.

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 01:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Deson

Ok buddy. I'll, take two before they put it on the banned assault weapons list.

Hey Neno, I got a cloaked ship in the crosshairs and my trigger fingers getting itchy. Want some fireworks.

Silo,
I liked your post. Static, white noise, garbled words, "let them burn?"
Uh uh. Sounds like evil to me.

[edit on 9-6-2009 by badgerprints]

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 02:29 AM
link   
There are several fighters AND a shuttle out there -

SOMEONE GET THOSE TWO.

I will not accept TWO writers killing themselves off.

NO SIR.

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 02:29 AM
link   
I didn't see that coming!!!

I may seem angry but that is just acting.

I like where this is going.

If you read the post and think I'm dead I'm not quite yet

Seeker seems to have been able to survive the vacuum of space so I've haven't broken the rules on that. (He should still be alive.)

Ah yes, and Studious will henceforth call him Seeker. He thinks any vestige of Asher is dead.

[edit on 9-6-2009 by Studious]

top topics

<< 107  108  109    111  112  113 >>

join