It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Space Opera Working Thread

page: 108
<< 105  106  107    109  110  111 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 02:49 AM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

Did you get my messages about the fonts?

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 06:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by nenothtu

I'm sorta goofy over that avatar, and thinking the Pene crew avs may need a revamp. You have the blank for it?

[edit on 2009/6/3 by nenothtu]

Neno

I don't have a blank of it because I'm using paint shop pro and really havent read the manual. It wont let me save the completed work as layers and merges all -background, raster,vector,transparencies and effects when it closes a document so they end up being one complete piece.
I do have a Penelope insignia witout the wings that is in psp10 as a separate object in a transparency layer so I can add it to anything you might want. The avatar I am showing now is actually the same one you always see (trail in the woods)with a deep blue gradient background and a semitransparent layer with my avatar over it. The badge is above that and all three layers are blended with luminance linked to the blue gradient layer. I added the text overlay on vectors later but the silly thing merged all layers so all I've got to start with is a saved version of the badge.

I always use my original avatar picture and then change it up for seasons or special occasions because it always has a recognizable pattern behind the new stuff. This one is as far from the original that I've done.

I don't mind doing custom avatars for the other members. If you have one that you really like I can add the badge over it and do a blend with text over it like I've done mine. I can also go back and take out the wing commander on mine and put in other titles if anybody wants that but I will have to do one with a wingless badge.
I was thinking the marines badge would be different too.

Anyway, whoever wants some work done let me know.

Its sad that we cant put a big version of it this avatar somewhere. I made it to look like a movie poster. I wanted to add some extra text like
"In space, no one can hear you laugh."
but it was too clumsy with the small space we have to use.

We need to come up with a catchphrase . I'll add it in if I can fit it.

For the Yydryl it could be,
"Everything's fun and games until somebody loses a tentacle."

Is there a crew badge for the Yydryl?

I can work on one if anybody has an idea of what they want it to look like.

[edit on 4-6-2009 by badgerprints]

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Ok so I am not crazy. I thought you were a male to find out you were female was a surprise as I have had you on my friends list for a long time but your character is male.

Being at work I will try to post but can't if my boss is hanging around. So I will do my best and at home my computer will not work on the Opera thread.

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by cindymars

You think I am a female in real life?

Oh..perhaps because of the mention of my husband? I am a male in real life, and my character is also a male on here lol

~Keeper

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Yeah I did, I think you are right, the sentences were too long. Im gonna look into fixing it a littler later.

Thanks for the help Slayer.

~Keeper

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 11:29 AM
link   

No I always thought you were male in real life but the husband and son threw me off. Hey I get it and actually glad that you are male. Can't wait to see the universe in the eye's of your character.

Hope your son is doing well!

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 11:09 PM
link   
Has time frozen?

Because that would be perfect for this next post I have planned. Time dilation. Time passing elsewhere but not here for a short period.

It seems we were going down that path considering Cindymars line in the story thread

Originally posted by cindymars
There is lots I would like to tell you, lets stop by my bar and have some Rigellian brandy,I will freeze time a moment if neccessary, you game?"

it fits really well with what I'm I have planned.......almost too well.

Plus I'd like Seeker's permission for something since he has control of the dropship.

[edit on 5-6-2009 by Studious]

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 11:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Studious

So Times' going to be frozen?

Allrightythen...

CindyMars let me know if you're going to go to Earth please.

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 12:14 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Cindymars just wrote that she could freeze it. I still don't know yet whether it will be frozen or not.

I wouldn't want to force her into it, though she did seem to be the one pushing for the idea.

[edit on 6-6-2009 by Studious]

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 12:58 AM
link   
Hey guys and gals...it was just a suggestion, even in the story, Tenth has not answered her CM yea or nay....as well everyone else. If we did it would only be long enough to have a drink,
and a quick conversation. I have to wait on the response.

Silo as soon as I speak with tenth we are off for a quick Earth visit.
I have some interesting plans for my character.

I thought time was literally frozen as nobody was around. LOL

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 08:32 AM
link   
Time will be frozen for me for the next few days. On sunday, my friend carol and i will be getting together for a few days while I do some work at the horse farm. I won't be back till Tuesday, I might be emotionally unstable for a couple of days after that though. To understand why goto the "General chit-chat" forum and look for a thread called "in memorium" to understand why I'll be a trifle "unbalanced" for a couple of days. I'll try to check in when I can.

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 09:53 AM
link   
So,
I worked on my roof for 2 days straight and it's been in the nineties. Call it inspiration or call it heat injury but I kept thinking about the Yydryl and what it might look like as a living organism.
So, I did a bit of creating.
Yydryl exiting a wormhole.
Yes? No?

I guess everybody is gone this weekend but no worries.

Badgerprints is holding down the fort.

Have a good weekend everybody.

files.abovetopsecret.com...[/atsimg]][atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/1130 c3b23248.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 10:05 AM
link   
BadgerPants,
That's beeee-u-tee-ful...

I might snag it up for a screen saver if you don't mind?

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Ok cool!

I'll get a post ready for the take off.
I suppose Ill meet you all in the Swamp and go from there?
Keep me posted.

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 10:15 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

I don't mind at all. I've got it in my photo album if you want the whole thing, it wouldn't fit in the thread.
If you like, u2u me with your e-mail and I can send you a larger version that will have better definition for a screen saver.
I was bored last night.

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Hey, I have returned finnally. My son is doing well, still in the hospital just to make sure no complications develop. I'm currently building a clean room in my house for when he gets home, but I will finish our meeting today at some point.

I've got the post started, just a few things I need to add. Thanks for being so understanding folks.

~Keeper

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Cindymars, can you get me out of my fix.
I painted myself into a spot with Studious trying to help give him a segue into his next post.

Now I'm stuck, lol.

I don’t want to get frozen with Studious, I need to go to Earth with you.

Cindy, can you *selectively* freeze?

If you can, make sure I don’t get caught up with the humans in the freeze please!

That or Studious, please give me a way out of my fix - I’m last left asking you what you’re *up to over there* crouched around your bomb.

Thanks you two.

ToTheTenth - So glad to hear your son is better!

[edit on 6-6-2009 by silo13]

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Hey everyone, I am just about to run out for errands.

Badgerpants awesome picture!

Tenth so glad to hear your son is well! Look forward to our next post.

Silo, I cannot freeze selectively, sort of like a sphere or field.
For example as long as tenth is within this sphere with me he and I will be out of Yydryl
and Pen's time matrix. For you to travel with me, you are going to have to be with me.
No rush, I won't be freezing time any longer than it takes to talk to tenth, so then you receive a communication from me asking if you want to take a quick trip. Something like that. I will be back later.

Silo and Studious work it out. I leave tenth to deal with Studious...

PS: I cannot get on the Opera thread on home computer...don't know why but it freezes my computer, so I can't even go read your new post Tenth. Looks like I am out of the writing loop until Monday morning, Silo that gives you and Studious (time)
to work it out. I can open this and all other threads however, I think its the graphics but I dont know.

Love & Peace! CM out!

[edit on 6-6-2009 by cindymars]

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Sorry I should have mentioned this earlier, but I have not forgotten Seeker's post about control of the dropship.

Shortly after introducing the NI team and realizing how long my posts were getting I decided to make a "release valve" thread for my not so great ideas.

It is located Here.

It is in the short stories section because I do not wish for it to be a competing thread as I mention in the first post there.

It is similar to Luder's UEF Chronicles: mf_luder thread except that this will not be backstory but rather occurring in the "present."

I intend to use some crossover with the occasional passing mention by Studious of the team and vice versa.

[edit on 6-6-2009 by Studious]

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Just thought I'd stop by and say hi.

Hi...

I'll be posting sometime this weekend. Most likely late Sunday. I'm still here so enough with the U2Us

new topics

top topics

<< 105  106  107    109  110  111 >>

join