It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Space Opera Working Thread

page: 105
<< 102  103  104    106  107  108 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
any news on how we want to integrate eachother with the crew? I actually require a meeting with security first thing.

~Keeper

Our head of Security Whisper just vanished with her father The Dark Lord...we have no security until her return.

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Q'uekzarz Race--A Brief Overview

The origins of the Q'uekzarz is mostly shrouded in mystery. Being one the most ancient species (according to the Confederate Archives) to have traveled and colonized the known Universe, much of it's history spans billions of years. Most of which has been forgotten even by the oldest remaining members.

What is known however is quite telling.

Physical Appearance

Details Unknown

There are no recorded photographs, digital imprints and DNA samples available to reconstruct what a Q'uekzarz would have looked like during their prime light cycles and as dominant species in the Universe.

It is speculated that they may have looked somewhat like present day Humans, since their home planets were very alike in composition and atmosphere.

A recorded interview with a Q'uekzarian historian reveals the following:

Q'uekzarz would have been very human like, with the exeption of mechanical enhancements. It did not take them long to realize that relying on basic nature in order to survive would lead to extinction. The first goal of Q'uekzarian bio-mechanical research involved eliminating the aging process. Their typical lifespan was about 200 years. This was far too short in a society that prided itself on knowledge and technological advancement, instead of power and domination.

They enventually found the solution, which which involved creating artificial peptites and technological implants that stimulated cell regeneration.

The technology to accomplish such a feat has been lost for millions of years. Texts in the Archives suggest they would have not aged physically passed the human equivalent of 30.

Currently all remaining members have mostly opted out of their original forms to adopt bio-mechical suits known as "watchers". It allows them to communicate with all biological and mechanical entities.

Among other things it also has the ability to manipulate matter and create life forms for a limited duration to help with such things as repairs, combat or technological enhancement.

Belief And Societal Structure

Q'uekzarian society was discussed with the highest of respects among most prominant scholars during their peak. It was seem almost as a Utopia. The entire society was founded on governed by a sense of responsibility to help further progress.

All research and development was centered around improving quality of life and creating advance technologies to terra-form and sustain life on otherwise un-inhabitable planets.

There was no prevelant religious belief system. They did not pretend to know where everything came from, but they were very self aware and spiritual. Upon reaching what we would call "Ascension" a Q'eukzar was able to free himself from his material body and operate entirely as a being of light.

This could not be done all the time, as it required great mental focus and sustained levels of energy. The ability was used mostly to understand the inner workings of the universe in order to better formulate theories and technologies for space/time travel.

Influence of Galactic Civlization

Q'uekzarz's were very intrigued by other races and enjoyed studying them greatly. Being one of the first to develop space travel, they were also some of the first to document and chart maps of star sytems, races and entire Galaxies.

The was only two rules. Never to dominate another species. Never interfere with it's natural evolution. The primary government system was Republic with laws made by society. The specifics are not all clear but it seems they allowed only "Ascended" members in places of advanced leardership.

After the galactic alignment that devasted most of their culture and planets, the remaining members went into hiding, fearing a take over by rival civilizations who longed for their "watchers" technology and comprehensive archives.

Current Status

At the present time the archives have only one recorded member listed as active. A "Ascended" member known only as Adilaris who is currently on assignment with the SS Yydryl.

Further information has been removed from the Archives and placed at Level 0 Classified status.

[edit on 6/2/2009 by tothetenthpower]

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

Please by all means feel free to post that in My Yydryl thread. I'm hoping to have it eventually become a compilation suitable for anyone writing in the main thread (or for the readers as well).

In other words, I like a great deal!

Edit to add: Just noticed that you added the Species info. Thank for contributing to it.

[edit on 2-6-2009 by Deson]

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by cindymars

::wink:: Just remember in the actual story, none aboard the Yydryl even know Whisper is 'missing' yet and will have no way of knowing where she went or when. Just *poof*

Thus my 'mysteriousness' in the working thread as well.

Edit to add: Thank you Silo for the beautiful picture of Whisper. Simply Beautiful and appreciated!

[edit on 6/2/2009 by Whisper67]

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Whisper67

Whisper -

About that post - I got you the rough draft and will edit once again when I hear from you.

[edit on 2-6-2009 by silo13]

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 04:44 PM
link   
I need somebody to come investigate the newly docked ship in order for my intro to work out properly!

if anybody came come and see whats up it would be greatly appreciated

~Keeper

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Well I am the only officer on the bridge?
Should I leave the bridge, I am just filing my nails.

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Whisper67

Whisper I thought we would follow the trail of inky oil. Joking!
Glad you are her. Love ya mean it!

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Did a little work on the Carbine for the Yydryl crew based on the pistol concept. I've made the mixing chamber a little bit larger, added a fore grip (like the bull pup) so that either types can use it effectively.

Same stats pretty much as the pistol but a bit more penetration. Assuming that this passes inspection, I'll work on the rifle next.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/1cd0f641b5a6.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 05:23 PM
link   

That would be great, you'd be the person to notice a new ship docking.

~Keeper

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 05:31 PM
link   

It will have to wait until later when I get home from work, plus I have to catch up to story. OK?

Edited to add:

New Guy Badgerpants!

"Abernathy was fresh out of the cadidiot factory and, in Badgers opinion, an anal retentive over achiever. He was way too happy with his job. "

Funny!

[edit on 2-6-2009 by cindymars]

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 05:33 PM
link   
I've got a post almost finished with Studious in the brig it wraps up a lot of things I set up.

Please leave the sparkler hanging for just a little longer. (Sorry if I'm inconveniencing anyone.
)

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 05:33 PM
link   

No problem that's perfect.

~Keeper

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Studious

Please leave the sparkler hanging for just a little longer. (Sorry if I'm inconveniencing anyone.)

Oh cool!
Thanks for the heads up!

Ok so none of us will touch the sparkler

(Dang! I wanted to see what you'd come up with next!)

Look forward to reading more...

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

I hope you don't mind that I moved the "bar" scene in the brig. But I figured escaping and getting there would be too difficult.

But I've got something planned for this team and I needed them to escape.

Don't worry I'll try to keep my posts shorter after this one and I now have a plan to do it. (More will be revealed soon.)

About the post.

The "You can't handle the truth!" scene from A Few Good Men has been modified and used.

[edit on 2-6-2009 by Studious]

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Dang I was totally gonna take care of that thing lol.

Ohh well, I'll find something else to Wow the crew with lol.

Perhaps my service droid will be usefull.

~Keeper

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 06:09 PM
link   

NO WAY! You did it!

And you worked it in perfectly!

That's great!
And no, of course I don't mind a bit - all I would have minded is if you didn't get that post out, lol!

So glad that one didn't hit the cutting room floor!

Fab times 4!

[edit on 2-6-2009 by silo13]

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Thank you and I'm glad I got that one in too.

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
reply to post by silo13

Dang I was totally gonna take care of that thing lol.

Ohh well, I'll find something else to Wow the crew with lol.

Perhaps my service droid will be usefull.

~Keeper

Oh sorry about that, I didn't mean to mess with any plans.

[edit on 2-6-2009 by Studious]

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Studious that was a great post!

Tied things in very well.

I know I am new to the crew but i've been reading up on the story, very well done on your part.

I don't think Adilaris is going to like you however lol

You seem a bit too brash to him

ohh don't worry about it, I can't be upset, I just got here lol

~Keeper

[edit on 6/2/2009 by tothetenthpower]

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Your lucky you have Silo on your side I was going to have her handle you lot.

top topics

<< 102  103  104    106  107  108 >>

join