It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Space Opera Working Thread

page: 104
<< 101  102  103    105  106  107 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Studious

Originally posted by nenothtu

Originally posted by silo13
Looks like the Yydryl has a new writer!

I wont let the whole cat out of the bag quite yet - but - I’ll post the U2U as soon as I get permission.

Things are looking up ladies!

Two new folks? We gotta make sure to put a little bit extra into the recruiter's check this month!

Wow, I'll second that motion!!

Excellent idea ToTheTenthPower about investigating all the disappearances on the Yydyrl. It's really starting to become an intriguing mystery.
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I will say it again.....I think it would be great if the Ship was sort of putting them away, like in hybernazation but we would not find them unless trhey(the people/characters) wanted to come back to the story. Ok so that is my last mention of that.

PEACE!!!!!!!!

[edit on 1-6-2009 by cindymars]

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Awesome, Ok I got it working lol

[edit on 6/1/2009 by tothetenthpower]

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 09:17 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

You Orion folks sure do like your 'brain power'!

Another mind reader/thought projector/brain control type... neno shoots the "hairy eyeball" in your general direction, Sir!

Great post! ya got MY interest! Now I have another one to figure out how to get around....

Welcome to the never ending nightmare! And mind the explosions, the can make one a bit peevish....

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 09:31 PM
link   
reply to post by nenothtu

Hey now that the capt is gone lets take the Penelope for a joy ride

Lets see how many parsecs we can cover in an hour.

If we get pulled over for speeding I'll say you were driving.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 09:47 PM
link   

I am not a controller of minds my friend. I am telepathic, but my skills will be far more usefull when it comes to fighting enemies and nagivating through though spots.

You see since the Yydryl is a bio-mechanical ship and so is my exo-suit I can interchange some of parts to give it some upgrades

Invisibility, or moving through solid objects anybody?

~Keeper

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Wow I go away fro a day and what? Do we have a new Captain? Please U2U me friends I am just on and off for a couple of weeks not MIA or lost in space!

Awesome

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Neno,
In response to your questions I've dug up badgers service record.

Service record of Chase, William B. (Badgerprints)

Species - Human
Chronological Age 46 solar years -
Stasis deduction 7 Years
Effective service age 39 years.

Enlistment history:

Fleet Marines - Corporal - Infantry Planetary Outpost -Black Rock 4 - 1 s/year
Fleet Marines - Sergeant - Infantry - Black Rock Moon - Refugio - 2 s/years
Fleet Marines – Warrant Officer W1 – Aviation Academy – Earth - .5 s/year
Fleet Marines - Warrant Officer W3 - Pilot (Air Cav/atmospheric) BR4 - 1 s/year
Fleet Marines - Warrant Officer W4 - Pilot (Atmospheric/orbital) BR4 - .5 s/year
Fleet Marines - Private E-1 Mess steward/cook Black Rock 4 - .5s/year
Fleet Academy - Cadet -Veteran Program - Graduated w Honors - 2 years
Fleet - 2nd Lieutenant Pilot Flight Leader Titors Moon - 2 Years
Fleet - 1st Lieutenant Pilot Wing Commander Titors Moon - 1 Years
Fleet - Ensign - Drop ship Gunner Titors Moon - .5 Year
Fleet -Warrant Officer W-2 - Pilot Deep Space Explorer USS Virga - 2 years
Fleet -Warrant Officer W-3 - Pilot Deep Space Explorer USS Virga - 2 years
Fleet -Warrant Officer W-4 - Pilot Deep Space Explorer USS Virga - 2 years
Fleet -Warrant Officer W-5 - Flight Instructor Orbital Station Bengal - 1 Year
Fleet - Private E-1 - Mess Steward USS Penelope Present

Disciplinary History- None Available
(Records expunged)

Education-
4 year degree - Major in Fine Arts with Military Science Minor
Fleet Academy - 2 year advanced flight program - Honors

Decorations and awards

Fleet Marine Scarlet Star with V device for valor
Black Rock Presidential Unit Citation with Obsidian Croix du Guerre
Silver Saber Medal with green sash and braid
Level 4 commendation – classified- 7th award
Meritorious Service Ribbon -Fleet Marines
Indigo heart (wounded in action) - 5th award
Fleet Marine Action Commendation -3rd award.
Black Rock Planetary Defense ribbon
Indigenous/Unconventional Warfare Badge with combat wreath and 5 stars.
Marine Food Services Achievement Certificate – best cookies

Obviously, badger is getting a bit long in the tooth and has seen his share of goat ropings.

Take the good with the bad.

[edit on 1-6-2009 by badgerprints]

[edit on 2-6-2009 by badgerprints]

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 11:39 PM
link   

You sound like a decent sort, possibly useful in the endeavor, and perhaps not prone to eat humans... You'll do

I believe neno will continue throwing the hairy eyeball at you, though, at least until he's shook hands with you. He's not really a 'people person'.

He might warm up when he sees you pull someone's fat out of the fire, though. It's just hard to gain his trust, and get under his shell.

I think Seeker/Asher finally won him over, but shoot, he darn near had to die to do it!

And you DO have that enhanced-half metal ( or whatever passes for synthetics over there) thing going on...

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 11:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Deson

Deson, Thank you! And again Welcome Aboard!

I’ll go back and re-read what you’ve given us and get to including you in that post.

Thanks again.

EDIT: Would it be possible I might have run into one of your kind at Space Lab? Maybe I integrated with some young Kaylenians

I ask because if I had I might be able to add into the post that introduces you something along the lines of:

From what I remembered of the Kaylenians I met at LAB, they were a heard bound race. I wondered why this Kaylenian was lone, and here on a Star Ship...

Something like that???

Thanks again

[edit on 1-6-2009 by silo13]

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 11:41 PM
link   
Quick few questions for the Yydryl...

1 - What are we going to do about the *sparkler* that's about to go off in the brig? Are we going to stop them or let them escape?

2 - How are we going got explain Scurvy being gone for a while? Has anyone heard if we can use him in name or not? Or do we just wait to hear form him?

I ask because with Adilaris coming on board the logical move is he goes to report to the Captain before anything else.

Should we combine the two as to yet unresolved story lines?

(Suggestion)

Captain Scurvy is on the way to interrogate the prisoners in the Brig, the bomb goes off and Scurvy is hurt resulting being put in one of Antars cryogenic sleeps?

Maybe the bomb does not go off, someone stops them from escape... (So we can all meet finally)...

Scurvy is sent by word of someone or something to go into hiding or leave or whatever until the mystery of the Captains is solved?
(Doesn’t sound like something Scurvy would do but if he’s ordered he can’t refuse)...

I don’t know people but we’d better do something or those two story lines are going to get left flailing in the wind.

Any ideas???

[edit on 2-6-2009 by silo13]

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 11:45 PM
link   
reply to post by badgerprints

Very impressive. that must have taken you a fair bit of time.

It's pretty exciting around with all the new faces. This should put a little kick into the opera.

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 01:45 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

I'm happy me and you are starting at the same time. I've been working on an idea for the bomb, and I believe I will be helping in that aspect.

Alot of my interaction is going to be with the ship to start off. I trust machines far more than mere mortals.

Oops perhaps i've given away too much!!!

~Adilaris

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 03:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Deson

Deson...
Your intro turned into almost a whole post

I hope you feel I did you a little justice.

If there is ANYTHING you want changed please let me know and I’ll change it right up.
(especially the part about having seen Kaylenians in the past and the description of your character)...

Also - a little glitch here...

Like I said I’ll put a link to your Yydryl thread at the end of every post where I *use* your character at length.

I ran into a problem I wanted to let you know about - in case anyone else who pics up this practice might run into the same problem.

Now it might just be me - but - every time I tried to list your thread with the perfect heading you use - the end of the headline being * (a reader’s guide) - I couldn’t the thread correctly.

I tried and tried but I think the *( - and- )* messed it up.

Once I took those out - no problem.

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 03:20 AM
link   

I'm happy me and you are starting at the same time.

Oh, I’ve been here in the Space Opera since the beginning

I just brought recent questions to the board as at the moment in the story we have U-Mans from the Penelope in the brig of the Yydryl trying to escape by touching off a small homemade type bomb.

They’ve been sitting and waiting in that post for a couple of days to see how the Yydryl crew is going to respond.

You know that give and take collaborative writing thing, lol.
Writers in the Opera try their best not to trample over other peoples ideas, plots already in play and/or manipulate anything or anyone (to some extent) without hashing it out here in the working thread first.

So, I wanted to ask the other crew members, here in the working thread, what we plan to do about that scenario, and what we plan to do with Captain Scurvy as we’ve still no word if he’ll allow us to use his name in the Opera until he returns, or, if he wants to be completely written out for a short time.

PS - Gasp! LOL - I don't think Ship wouldn't like being called a machine!

*wink*

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 04:15 AM
link   

I'll try to get to the post about your service record and interview tomorrow, it's late tonight. I'm probably going to find some horrendous and epic battles in your record, that neno may have had first hand knowledge of (the battles, not necessarily your individual participation in them), I'm thinking most likely in the Black Rock campaign. Neno is around 48 or 50, and I'm guessing your character to be slightly younger. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

I've been U2U-ing my butt off all evening. It got so hectic that my U2U alert button got STUCK, and wouldn't go off even when there was nothing new there. I've never seen anything like it.

to borrow a phrase from Slayer:

"Stupid Computers."

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 04:43 AM
link   

Well, my service record is in the working thread and my character is in the interview room. I didn't figure that a full service record would end up in the actual thread but it gives you something to look at which is what your character would do.

No hurry.
Later

Badger

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 04:47 AM
link   

Hi Hi - I've been embroiled in a few things here and haven't had a chance to welcome you aboard.

So, better late than never - WELCOME!

And even though I'm on the Yydryl - our Ships are *sailing in the same direction* here on the working thread...

Your posts are a joy to read!

I'm so glad you joined the Space Opera, my only regret is the Yydryl didn't get ahold of you first.

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 06:04 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Silo
Thank you very much.
I'm glad to be here. I think it will be a lot of fun.
I've been on the site for 6-7 months but have been floating around without much direction. This will give me some focus and I'll also get to know some people better.

I'll be seeing you out there somewhere.

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 10:43 AM
link   
any news on how we want to integrate eachother with the crew? I actually require a meeting with security first thing.

~Keeper

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Silo13 , no problem on having met the Kaylenians in the past. As far as using the character as someone to interact with, no problem. That's what he's (me?) there for. I may do some further work on the Kaylenian society in the future to help "flesh" them out. Originally I came up with them back in High school for something that looked "neat' and I've used them in a role playing game that I ran for some friends but that was a number of years ago. I'm glad to see that they are being used and you like them. Hmm, that does give me an idea though. In my Yydryl thread I think I may post the basic info on the species since they are a member of the Orion Alliance. Perhaps others might feel free to develop their own description of their particular species and post it in their in the future as well? That way it can serve as a reference for other writers as well in that regard in addition to the tech.

oh by the way, I'll continue work on rebuilding the fighter design but with general chaos of helping friends move, looking for employment and other things my time is a trifle limited but I'll keep plugging along with whatever contributions I can make. I've still need to post the info on the pistols yet, and with Antar's permission I'd like to post the info on the shuriken design as well. If not then that's cool too.

Edit to add:

Just added in the Species Entry for the Kaylenians into my Yydryl thread. Like I said, if anyone wants to do something similar for their species and add into it then feel free to do so.

Silo13, I just read your post introducing me. I've got two words to say ........ Love it!

[edit on 2-6-2009 by Deson]

top topics

<< 101  102  103    105  106  107 >>

join