It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Space Opera Working Thread

page: 103
<< 100  101  102    104  105  106 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Good day fellow members of of the Yydryl.

My name is Adilaris. I am of mixed race which has long been forgotten throughout the cosmos.

I've been sent by my superiors to investigate your recent hardships and the mysterious leaving of crew members and the reasons why.

My primary background revolves around Navigation, but apparently I make a better commander.

I give you all the choice, but know that I will be watching vigilantly for anything *suspicious* taking place.

For the time being I will be reviewing the logs in order to gain a better perspective of the situationa and will be taking my post shortly. In the meantime please go about your duties, but I would enjoy being kept in the loop.

~Adilaris

[edit on 6/1/2009 by tothetenthpower]

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by silo13
Looks like the Yydryl has a new writer!

I wont let the whole cat out of the bag quite yet - but - I’ll post the U2U as soon as I get permission.

Things are looking up ladies!

Two new folks? We gotta make sure to put a little bit extra into the recruiter's check this month!

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

Oh great joy. It feels like we gotta Daddy!

Welcome aboard! So happy!

Doing a happy happy joy joy dance!

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Ok, Badger, there's room for you to post in the story thread now. I left neno reviewing your Service Records. I feel pretty sure he's going to read all about how you keep winding up on the sharp end of things, and getting perforated here and there, as is often the case with persons of your character's proclivities. Any special battles to mention, or awards, anything like that? Of course you could find a way to work those into your introductory post, too..

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by nenothtu

My qualifications are more than adequate I will assure you Captain.

You find more about me as I make my rounds and speak to crew members. I will introduce myself shortly.

~Adilaris

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Just remember to stay on the Yydryl, lol!
THEY (The Penelope) don't need any more crew!

*Dances a jig with Cindy around the bridge*

Dang I hate this time difference thing! Just when you all get going here is when I have to call it a day. Will be around for a while just in case anything pops up...

Likkkeeee let's say Deson comes up with a name for his race, orrrrr, our new Yydryl crew member gets us a bio...

[edit on 1-6-2009 by silo13]

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

I'm working on my bio right now and the introduction it will be posted a little later.

I think I am very much going to enjoy this thread

~Adilaris

PS--I will be in character the most I can within this thread and the ofcourse the actual story thread.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 04:23 PM
link   

PS--I will be in character the most I can within this thread and the of course the actual story thread.

Ohhh, that should be interesting.
We tend to let our hair down here...
Will be fun!

I'll look here in the working thread for your bio in a bit - have to go get ready for bed.
(lol - Makes it sound like I'm getting into my sleepers...)

I hope you do enjoy the Space Opera.

It isn't a bed a roses, but it's still pretty sweet.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Ohhh, that should be interesting.
We tend to let our hair down here...
Will be fun!

I feel left out, Not having any hair to let down, and all that....

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Hey welcome tothetenthpower

One of the most entertaining locations on ATS, you'll never really know what somebody will post next. Make yourself at home there is plenty of beer and eats in the frig.

If you have any questions feel free to U2U any of us.

We have a wonderful "Writer" community here at ATS. You'll fit right in.

P.S.

Don't touch my Scotch!

Peace

Slay

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 05:08 PM
link   
I've written by bio and my intro onto the ship. Should I post it both ehre and in the story or simply here first?

~Keeper

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 05:11 PM
link   

I would suggest that you post your bio here. That way others can reference it in the future when interacting with you and your character. In my case, I'll be posting my bio here later on this evening. I'll be a NPC (Non Player Character) myself.

Glad to have you aboard!

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 05:12 PM
link   
As the cold statis effects began to ware off, Adilaris composed himself. It had been a long journey from the Eridius system, but chasing the Yydryl seemed worth it. It was now time to pour over the crew records and find the Med/Science Officer. A full workup would be required for Adilaris to make sure his systems were intact. More things were needed, but he need not concern himself now.

A troubling situation. The Company was very worried that their little investment would not fare too well. Given the fact they had no real orders when it took off, there were bound to be some problems. However the recent problems with the crew and the odd interactions between the Yydryl and the Penelope were cause enough to investigate.

A shame really, he had been looking forward to a vacation on a Class 7 planet known as Earth. Apparently it was quite beautiful and filled with complex life forms. Even the gravity was said to be abundant. But alas, duty calls and for one of the last surviving Q'uekdarz, duty was everything.

His memories of his own existance were, sporadic at best. His mind had been fragmented long ago during a Galactic Alignment. One tends never to forget the star cycle in which his whole galaxy is swallowed whole.

He'd been happy to survive, but the Q'uekzarz were not a loved people, and identifying himself would have led to his murder eventually. Other races never had to gull to do what was necessary, what was truly right in the eyes of existance. There was no doubt, no mercy. Trained in the most prominant of martial and cosmic arts, he was capable of great things. Or so he remembers being capable, alot of his skills were still being re-learnt so to speak. Secrecy was key. Therefore he had left his original platonic body in favor of a bio/mechanical exosuit known simple as a "watchers".

It allowed to him to interact fully with all forms of current technology as well as living organisms. The running of this current ship for example required no navigational skills at all. He simply willed it to move, and it did.

Very few had ever been in contact with such things and there were many attemps to capture and study him, but being who he was, they never succeeded. And now it was time to undertake another mission. A very important one.

His motives and objectives would need to stay secret for the time being. At least until he found a suitable being to trust.

As he approched the ship his mind opened a communication channel.

Members of the Yydryl. I have been charged with helping you navigate your ship and aid you on your mission. Please stand by to be boarded.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Wow

That's seems good enough to post in the opera. Before you do though do you have an intro planned for the opera?

Edit to add: Nevermind I just read your previous post.

[edit on 1-6-2009 by SLAYER69]

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Holy Cow. :O We got ourselves a writer! WOOHOOO!!!

Dang that sounds like a post to me.

What do the rest of you think?

Edit:
*Willing* Ship to move is going to be very cool and world veryyy well!
I can't see a live Ship being programmed much can you?
It's like tell her where to go she goes..
Interesting!
She's live and (at least when she talks to me) she has a will.
Hehehe
I bet she's gonna love you!

Thanks for joining.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by nenothtu

Looks like the Yydryl has a new writer!

I wont let the whole cat out of the bag quite yet - but - I’ll post the U2U as soon as I get permission.

Things are looking up ladies!

Two new folks? We gotta make sure to put a little bit extra into the recruiter's check this month!

Wow, I'll second that motion!!

Excellent idea ToTheTenthPower about investigating all the disappearances on the Yydyrl. It's really starting to become an intriguing mystery.

[edit on 1-6-2009 by Studious]

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Holy Cow. :O We got ourselves a writer! WOOHOOO!!!

Dang that sounds like a post to me.

What do the rest of you think?

Edit:
*Willing* Ship to move is going to be very cool and world veryyy well!
I can't see a live Ship being programmed much can you?
It's like tell her where to go she goes..
Interesting!
She's live and (at least when she talks to me) she has a will.
Hehehe
I bet she's gonna love you!

Thanks for joining.

My Merkaba ship works the same way.
So great to have you join us but we don't talk in character here but you can. We try and work things out here but that has not gone so great either.
We need a Daddy! Hi Dad!

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Deson's Bio:

Species info

Species name: Kaylenian

Physical looks:

Digitred (walks on toes) with two arms, eyes, 6 legs.

Height: 6 foot at the head

Weight: about 365 lbs.

Almost like a scaly centaur with a bit of Horse and Dragon tossed in. Capable of swiveling the waist almost a full 360 degrees.

Warm Blooded live bearing.(Typically a litter of 2)

Lifespan: Typically 120 years.

Body covering, small shiny scales that gleam (he uses scale wax at times). No claws or nails though. 3 fingers and a thumb with longish fingers capable of delicate finger movement. Feet (6) have hoofs. For noise control he wears a set of padded shoes while aboard ship. Head is like a cross between a Dragon and a Horse in shape with a narrow muzzle. Small silvery (Pearl colored and sheen) plates cover the top of the muzzle. Shiny black belly plates run down the front of the neck and down under the torso and down ending at the rear legs. Has a horse like tail roughly 2 1/2 feet long. Ears on top of the head are horse like and can swivel independently. Has a horse like mane that is between the ears on top of the head and running down the neck and back. The mane is shimmery black in color. The remainder of his body is a dark brown.
Eyes are a mottled reddish in color without visible pupils. They are there but match the coloration and are difficult to see.

Evolved from a Herbivorous plains dwelling stock. The armor plating evolved to deal with predators. That and the capability to run for long periods of time enabled the Kaylenians to survive until they could develop a tool using culture. Not the worlds most graceful beings they are hard however to stop once they get running. Since they have a herd mentality they operate best in groups of either fellow Kaylenians or small to medium size unit tactics.

By the time that the Kaylenians had been discovered and first contact had been made they had developed firearm and prop aircraft technology. Roughly similar to WW2 technology. Early semiconductors had been a theoretical construct at the time and mostly vacuum tube tech were in common usage.

Kaylenians have a tendency on their home world to form units that they simply call "The herd" with a dominate male. While there is a dominate male most decisions that don't require immediate usage are through a voting system. larger herds have been known to form a council for day to day things.

Comes from slightly heavy gravity world so while he is heavy in build and his skeletal structure is unusually strong. Fast moving when need be.

Psychology:

His past history:

Grew up in a medium sized herd attending school. However even then it was discovered that he had a "odd" sense of humor. This was amply demonstrated after he hid several "stink bats" (Bats that release a scent similar to a skunk when startled) in the Organ at a local temple. This, (combined with other incidents) caused the Herd to send him away (far away) to a Engineering school when he reached maturity. Much to his dismay he discovered that when he graduated that the Herd "suggested" that he enter the exploratory arm of the military rather than his getting a local job.

He spent several years learning about technology that is used throught the Orion Alliance. It was discovered that he was very "Inventive" when it came to Weapons and Engineering. He considers himself a graduate of the "Well, that looks about right." school of Engineering. When it comes to devices he's a intuitive mathematician. When looking at a Intake port he can determine if it's too large or too small simply by feel. He can't tell you the exact measurements but he'll be accurate to within a few percentage points. His inventiveness can be found in concepts of working around inherit limitations of particular weapons. He'd be the first to tell you that by adjusting the size of such and such a chamber a higher velocity round can be shot out. He's the sort that would do very well on "Junkyard wars". When he's thinking of a design or device he get's what his friends call "The look" He'll look at a wall and it becomes a mental blackboard. Parts appear, move and interconnect and he does this mentally. Drawing up scale plans is another matter entirely due to his use of intuitive mathematics.

You'll be most likely to find him either in the Armory (Repairing weapons, or doing maintenance), or the Hanger bays working on shuttles, or the fighters.

Almost totally unflappable with what would seem to be a lot of patience. Dislikes people in authority who tell him to do things when he knows that they can't be done and they won't listen to why. The best way to approach him is as an equal. Tell him the problem and turn him loose to see if there is a solution. Pull rank and he will obey but he won't be at his best when he does so. He doesn't talk all that much until he gets to know someone well. Trust is very important with him and his species. He has a tendency to use humor at what would seem rather odd times. Especially when things are tense. For example if the ship was being boarded by ravening hordes of beings and he was getting ready to fight he would say something like "This should be amusing!" Uses understatement on a regular basis.

His ultimate dream would be to simply take a small scout ship and just "Head out there" to explore.

------------------------------------------------------------

I hope this is sufficient info. I can create more if need be.

[edit on 1-6-2009 by Deson]

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 05:53 PM
link   
reply to post by cindymars

My character actually has a sort of "take care" of people mentality. Only when he gets close however.

It wil lbe very interesting to start my discoveries. I will need Antar first and foremost lol

~Keeper

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 06:05 PM
link   

I was going to take a quick trip to Earth with Silo since I am a Time Traveller (somewhat a secret) we won't be gone long Yydryl time but should we wait to meet you?

new topics

top topics

<< 100  101  102    104  105  106 >>

join