It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Space Opera Working Thread

page: 102
<< 99  100  101    103  104  105 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 10:58 PM
link   
Just trying out the link that may or may not work for me, I want to start making better posts when I do that have more interesting photos placed in various places. [atsimgr]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/51a54908ac55.jpg[/atsimg]

Trying again dont know hy it is not working...[atsimgr]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/51a54908ac55.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimgr][atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/51a54908ac55.jpg[/atsimg]

Why is the last atsimgr showing on the bottom left of the pic? I will try again. [atsimgr]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/51a54908ac55.jpg[/atsimg]

Now it is even worse, I just have to figure out what I did the 3rd try without the bottom left boo boo.
[atsimgr]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/51a54908ac55.jpg[/atsimg]

Ok trying this again, trying to get the picture on the right side and words on the left. [atsimg][atsimgr]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/51a54908ac55.jpg[/atsimg]

Ok here I go again... [atsimgr][atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/51a54908ac55.jpg[/atsimg][/atsimg]

Ok still getting that extra atsimgr next to the picture???
[atsimgl][atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/51a54908ac55.jpg[/atsimg]
Again Take 5million and 3/4...
[edit on 30-5-2009 by antar]
Ok that last time I attempted to place it on the left. Seems no matter what I do it ends up in the middle? I have the guide to BBCcodes open in another window and 'think' I am following the directions but man, I am a lulu! One more time to the right side with words written on the left. I really like the effect of this type of post in the opera, and want to master this, I will try again. [atsimgr]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/51a54908ac55.jpg[/atsimg]

And again I am going to double wrap the atsimgr thing, but even when it does end up producing an image it ends up in the middle, I am going to just try this again after looking at the BBc directions. I think I need a BBC GPS navigation system. Here I go: [atsimgr]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/51a54908ac55.jpg[/atsimg]

Ok one more time attempting rightimg word wrap... [atsimgr][atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/51a54908ac55.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 11:27 PM
link   
Is there anyone that would take mercy on me? Could someone please help guide me through this I obviously cannot follow directions properly. Help? I wont waste anymore bandwith on this nights endeavors.

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 11:32 PM
link   
Try this quote this post and see how I have used imagae brackets

[edit on 30-5-2009 by SLAYER69]

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 11:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

Ok so this should be imgleft and seems I was adding the ats first which was not needed if this works.

Ok and if this goes to the right then I am good to go and i just have to eliminate the ats before in the brackets. Wish me luck now *crosses fingers*

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 11:40 PM
link   

Dont repeat DONT use the "[ats" part of the postings!

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 11:40 PM
link   
fantastic thankyou so much Slayer. My knight in shinning armour!

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 11:48 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

Cant wait until we Umans interact on a cooperative mission I cant wait for either you guys to come aboard the P or we take a trip to yours.

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 12:38 AM
link   
Whisper -

Wow!
What a show stopper!
*Applause*...

Only problem is - does that mean you've left the Yydryl to go the way of where-ever until you get more time?
Or will you still be contributing???

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 12:43 AM
link   
My second post on the Yydryl has just been posted. I did a little extrapolation on some aspects. If I'm off please let me know.

Edit to add:

link to the thread

Edit also to add:

I've been thinking of the Fighters for the Yydryl. Once again going with the non organic engineering. One design of mine, I've thinking of doing a rebuild on is this.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/88b37792422e.jpg[/atsimg]

I'm thinking of doing some modifications and a rebuild (since I can't find the original file) for a possible fighter design. Think it's got possibilitys?

[edit on 31-5-2009 by Deson]

[edit on 31-5-2009 by Deson]

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 08:32 AM
link   
Deson that is saved to favorites and is my number one picture of the YYdryl, I love it! Wow the colors are just rainbowtastic! You seem to have captured her spirit and soul...

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Well, that pic is what I'll be basing a fighter design for the Yydryl. I don't plan on changing the design of the Yydryl itself. There is just too much work and investment in time and effort by various people to change the ship design itself. But I figure is doing a Fighter design based off the pic. Essentially rebuilding the design in the pic and then adding stuff to make either a one being or 2 being fighter.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 06:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Deson

Deson - I've got a question - well two really - but before I do, nice work on the Star Fighter - she's incredible. I like the shuttle a lot too but the Fighter is a sweet thing isn’t it!

Ok, here's the thing.
You're doing so much great work for the Opera I'd really like to bring you on board - if in name only (unless we can convince you to write but you've stated your reluctance to do so).

Please just hear me out, ok?

For example - at the moment I'm going through the armory looking for a perfect weapon for me. I've got some problems with finding the perfect weapon and I'd like to *talk* to the Armorist.

So, what I'd like your permission to do is use your name, as the guy controlling the Armory.

The dialog will be simple, to the point, and confined to talking weapons and you could give us a little bio of what you'd like to *look like* so we've got some description to go on...

Please, give it a think. I'll send you a U2U - the example and ask for your OK before posting if you're in accord.

If not - I'll write around it - I guess Chumley could be a bit of a nub for a guard but a weapons genius.

Second.

I've a problem as my morphing - the reject that I am - is not perfect by any means.

When I morph, I loose things, like, my clothes, boots and headband - Which would lead a reader to believe I also would loose whatever weapon I was carrying.

What do you suggest for a weapon?

Personally I like knives and I'm wondering what you think - If a knife was made out of something with my DNA in it - you think it would morph with me? What kind of *living* material might I use? I want to use latex from the Upas tree in Ships Center - so the knife is also poison, but, beyond that what are your ideas?

(See I could ask the armory guy (YOU) about this...)

Give me some feed back and I'll go ahead and keep writing the post.

Thanks tons...

[edit on 1-6-2009 by silo13]

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Hello to all.

I'm Badgerprints and will be participating in the space opera thread.
I've been worning with Neno on introducing my character into the story and will start posting as soon as the details get set.

I'll be doing a little bit of exposition and intro to the characer at first and plan to work the character so that he does not have any major impact on the overall story for at first. I read the entire thread this weekend and am impressed. I will try to style my character as backstory for a while and maybe give a little depth to shipboard activities with the fighter wings. I'll touch base with anybody who my character interacts with to avoid conflict.

Looking forward to working with you.
badger

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

ok, tell you what. I'll work on a Bio tonight or this afternoon showing what I look like, where I'm likely to be found, and my psychology. I'll post it here later on.

As far as the knife situation, I take it that your morphing capability is considerable right? What I would recommend is a belt holding say 4 knives with sheaths. They would need to be slim for what I have in mind. In humanoid form you would wear them on your waist. In other form you would form a pouch partway through the transformation and insert the belt, knives with sheaths in it and then complete the change. Thus the slim knives as far as being able to carry them around. Think of yourself as a Kangaroo in that respect but with better sealing on the pouch. Also assuming that you can morph a lot as far as extremes (I haven't checked on your ability in that regard) perhaps you could extrude from your hand section (depending on shape) a Organic knife or blade? I would suggest at most 3 slim blades or one large one per hand. As far as the poison you could create a organic blade with poison capability. Think of a large Rattlesnake's tooth in structure. However it would take a few minutes for your body to generate the poison. I would say 5 minutes or so depending on how well your rested and how well your body is nourished. Likewise if you go with the poison route on the snake fang concept, go with a Neurotoxin. It's one of the more widespread and fast acting toxins. Just pulling number out of my rear, I figure that a decent sized gland could hold maybe 5 uses before it needs to recharge itself with a fresh supply.

Just some thoughts. Like I said, I'll get to work on that info later on. Feel free to use me as a NPC (Non Player Character).

@Badgerprints.

Welcome! I'm glad that you've read the main thread, if you go with the Yydryl crew (They desperately need writers), I have a thread in this forum that shows some of the basics for dealing with the Yydryl, the tech, and other things. Thread located here. There are of course quite a bit of info in this thread as well that isn't in that one.

Try not to let them drive you nuts, and above all enjoy yourself!

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Deson

WOW - the idea of the *pouch* just beats all.
I bet I could learn to do that!

Here's a ROUGH idea of the first part of my post.
I'll change it after I hear from you later.
Also - wherever I use your name as a NPC I'll link to your Yydryl thread so people can *see* more of what you do, who you are.

We found the Armor working at a bench, tools in one hand, a lit magnifying eyepiece hanging from his brow distorting one eye so it shone larger than half the Rigellians face.

Chumley grunted an introduction between myself and Armour Denson, explaining I was a crew member in need of a weapon.
The quiet unimposing Rigellian who’s love for the weapons he created and cared for was evident in his every gesture lay a cloth over the piece he’d been working, looked me up and down critically and started calling out names of weapons for Chumley to bring forward.

That the armour allowed Chumley to handle the weapons only proved Chumley's enthusiasm had won over the smaller Rigellians reluctance to allow others to touch his weapons and though short on words the Armor’s patience was long.

Many times I grasp a weapon in the wrong manner or failed to understand all together what it was I was holding and whereas Chumley regaled us with a continuous stream of snorts of derision and enthusiastic grunting whereas the Armour, ignoring Chumley all together, gently repositioned the weapon in my hand and with gestures, not words, showed me the proper handling of each piece before me.

I’d no doubt his patience was born from a love of his weapons, not any enjoyment he might have found teaching a greenhorn proper techniques, but my thanks was well received regardless.

Explaining to the Rigellian the core problem I was facing only took a moment.
He might be quiet but the Rigellian was long on understanding the problems of outfitting different types of beings.
My problem, which I went so far a to show Armor Deson (to Chumley's horror) was no matter what weapon I held it would drop to the ground as soon as I morphed, as always right along with my clothes and headband.
Armour Deson's eyes lit up and he seemed to thrive on the challenge not be put off by it.

Again I wont post until I hear from you - especially because I wrote you in as a Rigellian and I have no idea if you are or not!

Thank you for letting us include you - where in my opinion - you belong!

Thanks again for the kanga pouch idea - I'm floored by it - very happy with it!

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Here's what I look like. It a drawing from my sketchbook of an alien race that I developed. Hold off on the posting until I can give you a better description of him. I figure that he can bop back and forth between the Armory and the Landing bay (working on shuttles and fighters). I'll give a rather full description later on but this should give you an idea and I'll also make a post sized pic later on.

Link to medium sized pic.

Needless to say not your typical Rigellian. In fact a different race entirely.

(chuckle)

Edit to add post sized pic.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/627321925b5a.jpg[/atsimg]

[edit on 1-6-2009 by Deson]

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Deson

COOL BEANS!

Thanks SO MUCH.

I'll look forward to hearing from you before I post.

Thanks for the pic and if it doesn't give the name of your *race* please include it ok?

EDIT: Whoa Nelly! (No pun intended).

That thing is amazing.

What's the *name* of your race...? (Something with Equine in it, lol)...

I think you're gonna just LOVE Ships Center when it's through!

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Well, at one point I did have a name for the race but in all honesty since it was difficult to pronounce I've mercifully forgotten it. I'll come up with something in the Bio. I'm glad that you like it.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Does anyone know if there is a rank tag for Fighter Wing Commander aboard Penelope? We have a new writer whose destiny is to fill that billet, thus allowing Studious to concentrate on getting his Marines killed off properly. I looked for a tag, but haven't found one in the threads. Have I overlooked something?

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Looks like the Yydryl has a new writer!

I wont let the whole cat out of the bag quite yet - but - I’ll post the U2U as soon as I get permission.

Things are looking up ladies!

top topics

<< 99  100  101    103  104  105 >>

join