It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Judge me

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Okay i don't usually wander into the rant thread. but i want feedback on my actions.

Last night i was in a bar with two good friends, in a merry mood, dancing, joking, flirting with ladies and having a jolly old time.

THEN

I saw the nastiest example of bullying in my life....

This white-shirted skinhead brute bumped into a guy in a wheelchair, the guy in the chair obviously said something to him and then the skinhead literally tipped the guy over. He grabbed the chair and dropped the poor bloke onto his back, spilling his drink over himself and banging his head.

Needless to say a crowd came over and sorted it out, picked the bloke up, made sure he was okay etc... and yet the security did nothing. The neanderthal just sat down with his mates and laughed about it.

This made me so angry.... i don't think anyone wanted to say anything, but i could tell everyone was thinking about it. The security were mugs and he'd just injured a disabled guy.

So for the next half hour i was chewing it over. Something inside me told me to not let him get away with it... What was i supposed to do?

He was about three times wider than me, bull neck, huge fists...... obviously a bullying bastard. And then there's skinny old me.

I hated myself for not having the balls to say something to him. I wanted some form of justice.

So....

As i was about to leave the pub. I found a discarded half pint glass, filled with some horrible stinking spirit and mixer, and carefully positioned it behind his fat head on the shelf on the seat behind him.

I calmly grabbed my coat, and cooly walked out the bar, only stopping to flick the glass of colourful and sickly sweet drink all over the back of his head and shirt, leaving him shocked and drenched....

I calmly walked out the door and then legged it..........

Justice.

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Don't blame you a bit.

I have to say though, I'm not one for bullying, especially against those who are weaker or disadvantaged.

Things would have escalated quickly had I been there, regardless of the brutes size.

:bash:

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 10:18 AM
link   
reply to post by mr-lizard

You did good mr-lizard, at least you did something.

I'm the hot head type. If I would have been there fists would have been flying as soon as he had messed with the man in the wheel chair like he did. I don't care if they are bigger or not, treating others with respect is still number one in my book.

With bigger people, if you hit them, you have to put all of your weight into your punches, and the face is a good target. I've been thrown out of bars for doing such stuff, but never gotten into any trouble doing it. You wouldn't have gotten into trouble either, because the crowd would have been behind your actions, just as I'm sure all those who saw what you did thought that he deserved far more than what you did.

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 10:20 AM
link   

At least you were annoyed... sounds like the security and a few others couldn't give a crap.

I'm not one for violence but i think there are times that deserve it.
I'm not the biggest bloke either to be fair, and it would have taken a lot (of alcohol) for me to have done something.

In fact... the last few fights (last one about 4 years ago) I've had have been over bullying or racism....not towards me either.
Pathetic really.... i hate it when it comes to that... totally pointless.

I'm not gonna go into detail about them... it serves no purpose..

But i think you did ok... you did something at least....and it didn't end in violence.
Many people wouldn't have even done that.

Good on ya

[edit on 16/3/09 by blupblup]

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Good for you! Those bouncers (security) need to be fired for not doing anything about the situation. I would talk to the pub's owner or manager about the incident.

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 03:39 PM
link   
You did the right thing. Maybe it wasn't the comeuppance he *really* deserved. Still, being soaked with bad ale and stinking all night would have wiped the smile of the guy's face. Having run a bar, years ago, weak security attracts s**theads to the place like flies. Most decent guys have their 'hero' moments and it's a great feeling

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Hah-Hah! Beau-Tee-Mus! I... I think I love you...

But seriously,

Aside from walking over there and busting into his .. jaw..

I feel you did the right thing.

Now, you are going to have to consider; 1. He may have seen you.

..and balance that with the fact that: his being inebriated may have left who you 'exactly' are, a little fuzzy.

grinning and rapid pats on the back;

good boy!

[edit on 17-3-2009 by HugmyRek]

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Something else to consider, you may not have the whole story...

I've known some disabled folks who somehow believe that their disability gives them carte blanche to be disrespectful and downright mean to others. For all you know, the guy in the chair started it, and it may be why the security did nothing.

Not saying this is the case here, just merely pointing out the possibility that all may not always be what it seems.

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 12:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

I agree I once had the misfortune of encountering one of those disabled. I was trying to get a refund for a movie ticket because the projector messed up and after about a half hour or so we gave up. He told me they don't give refunds or rain checks so I could wait or leave but I couldn't get my money.

The whole time he was real snotty and when I asked to talk to his manager he looks up and me and says, "what you don't think I can handle this because I am in a wheel chair." I am a pretty calm person but if the manager had not over heard and came over he my have ended up on the floor. She also told me they have had some problems with him in the past and are afraid he would sue under the Americans with disabilities act if they fire him but they couldn't really move him anywhere away from the public either.

I got a refund and a gift card.

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 01:16 AM
link   
Wow, how disgusting.

I am not so much of a fighter any more. A few years back I would have tried something with that bully. When I see some one bully another person who is weaker then them it disgusts me. I may have even lost the fight but atleast I could live with myself knowing I tried and did not just let this injustice go....

Now days, I probably would have pulled something more along the lines of what you pulled.( I am more of a big teddy bear now).

There was a time, when this creep was hitting on some woman at my local bar and she clearly was not into him. This guy was grabbing her and touching her, and she looked as if she was looking for a way to get away and leave.

I looked around and noticed that they were sitting directly infront of a the pool tables. I got up set them up and broke. I kept taking shots that would require me to get in his way. I would set up for a shot and pull back on the stick and jab him in the ribs. After about 6 times and alot of playing dumb, trying to make it look like an accident he finally got up and moved. She left.

now this may not be as satisfying as dumping some drink on that bullies head, but it got the job done.

The point of all this is you did a good thing. The security did not do anything so you did.

Well done, buddy!

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 12:01 AM
link   
You did the right thing in my eyes man!

Well done.

top topics

join