It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ufo Brazil - March 12

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by _BoneZ_

not to mention the fact that is was stated this is not an area of the sky that has air traffic.

Perhaps a statement from an airtraffic controller from the area could silence those trying to pass this off as contrails etc...

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 02:23 PM
link   
That video reminded me of meteors:

They can appear to fall quickly or slowly.

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 02:34 PM
link   
When I watched the video, and listened to the commentary, I immediately thought it was simply the contrails of a jet catching the evening sunlight. ArMap as usual has made the correct diagnosis. He is also correct that the host of the show is quite annoying. :p

A meteor of any size will fall at gravitational speeds of 32 feet per second/ per second. Atmospheric drag will affect that slightly, but the speed we are seeing is far too slow for a meteorite. A large meteor will either split up as it burns up in the atmosphere, called calving, which we see none of, or it will survive the fall and have a significant impact. Again, there was no impact recorded. Here is a video of a meteor falling over a football game, in which you can watch it burn and break up as it falls. Notice the speed in comparison to the OP video.

This area of Brazil does indeed have a fair amount of air traffic, contrary to earlier statements. The flights from Buenos Aires to Sao Paulo fly right over Puerto Alegre, as do numerous other flights. The evening sun hitting the contrails would illuminate them nicely as we can see in the OP video.

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by X-tal_Phusion

Thanks for those videos, they show something that I wrote before (the meteor breaking and the effect of the pieces) but they also show that the meteors do not always break.

As for speed, they all were seen for a very short time, they were faster than the object on the OP's video.

reply to post by NephraTari

It was not stated that this is not an area that has air traffic, what the guy that made the video told was that it was rare for aeroplanes to fly over that hill.

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Some more informations about this.

The guy that made the video could not say in which direction the object was moving, but after the questions of the show host they concluded that he was facing West.

The video was made on March 11, 2009.

The UFOlogist said he believes it was a meteor that broke in four pieces, identifying them on the screen.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/50a6300bf5da.jpg[/atsimg]

Funny enough, the four pieces may be the four engines from an aeroplane (thanks _BoneZ_
).

The UFOlogist finds it strange that nobody said anything about the falling of a large object that he thinks was at a distance of 10km or more.

If it was an aeroplane going West over Porto Alegre then it could only be coming from the South of the African continent.

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP
Funny enough, the four pieces may be the four engines from an aeroplane (thanks _BoneZ_ )

If they were from an airplane, the contrail would be across the whole sky as you can see in pictures if you Google contrails.

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by _BoneZ_

Not necessarily, I have seen several times a short contrail that looks like it is following the aeroplane, because it disappears at the same speed it appears.

In fact, here in Almada is not that common to see those long, sky crossing contrails, most are shorter contrails.

Side effects of good weather?

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 08:11 PM
link   
reply to post by _BoneZ_

I had forgot that I had a photo of one of those short contrails, taken in 2007.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/44957320b705.jpg[/atsimg]
This is just a smaller version for ATS posts, but I think it's enough.
If you want the original (from a RAW file) just ask.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join