It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ADL Labels 9/11 Truthers and Anti-Tax Protesters as “Extremists”

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 10:15 AM
link   
From the ADL web-site:

www.adl.org...

Right-wing extremist conference focusing on government conspiracies. Among invited speakers are Joe Banister, Tommy Cryer, Pat Shannan, Dave Von Kleist, Jack McLamb, Greg Dixon, Ted Gunderson, and Michael Badnarik

The group consists of a former FBI agent, a former IRS agent, a retired police officer, a former Libertarian Party Presidential candidate, an investigative journalist, a truther radio talk show host and a Professor Emeritus of Baptist theology. Their biographies:

www.threepillarsoftyranny.com...

Certainly the ADL performs a valuable service by rooting out anti-Semitism and other forms of bigotry as well as bringing hate groups into the light of public discourse and ultimately prosecution when crimes are committed. However, this current action of labeling legal dissent against government as “extremism” is just too much.

Here is their original mission:

www.adl.org...

The Anti-Defamation League was founded in 1913 “to stop the defamation of the Jewish people and to secure justice and fair treatment to all.” Now the nation’s premier civil rights/human relations agency, ADL fights anti-Semitism and all forms of bigotry, defends democratic ideals and protects civil rights for all.

Here is their expanded mission:

ADL fights hatred, extremism and terrorism. Our goal: to make the world a safer place. Over the past few years, we have expanded our expertise and capabilities to confront a more dangerous world.
Our three priorities are to:
• Gather, analyze and disseminate intelligence on extremism and hate activity
• Enhance law enforcement’s ability to combat serious threats
• Provide assistance, support and resources on security to the Jewish community
ADL is meeting the CHALLENGE: we have a nationwide fact-finding infrastructure. We take ACTION: bringing law enforcement agencies together, implementing strategies to promote security awareness, systemically monitoring hate sites on the Internet, providing training on extremist ideologies and building bridges between Jewish institutions and law enforcement. In ways large and small, measurable and not, ADL gets RESULTS. We are making this nation a safer place.

The vast majority of that I have no problem with. But this: “providing training on extremist ideologies” concerns me - a private, citizen based organization acting in conjunction with law enforcement to define/identify “extremism” and “terror.”

By whose standards?

As best as I can discern the individuals listed as speakers are pro-Constitution Libertarians who speak out against the tyranny of big government and excessive taxation as well as possible conspiracies to subvert the stability of our Republic as it was originally conceived. Mostly they are anti-tax, anti-NAU and 9/11 Truthers. Now if the Government wanted to keep an eye on them that would at least be somewhat understandable as they feel the Government is colluding to some end with some third party. However, even the Government allows the speakers the right to peacefully assemble and speak as long as it is not seditious. Furthermore, the speakers seem to be dedicated only to the cause of defending our Constitution and exposing the truth.

Their web-site:

The conference overview:

We are presently engaged in a life and death struggle for the survival of the nation our founding fathers sacrificially bequeathed to us. There is no time to waste in this epic crusade for truth and justice...

Source: www.blacklistednews.com...

[edit on 15-3-2009 by Sergeant Stiletto]

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Now, to be completely honest, I don’t give a rat’s * about these specific gentlemen or their group but, as an avid internet user with passionate ideas and opinions, I am concerned about any effort to label them as extremist. Because really, who would be next!? I’m concerned about a private organization of citizens working in conjunction with law enforcement to label their fellow Americans as “extremists” just because they disagree with their ideology. That scares the hell out of me.

So I’m asking ATS members, can anyone determine why the ADL has labeled this conference of speakers as extremists? Are any of these speakers aligned with hate groups? Have they made anti-Semitic remarks? Has anyone attended one of these conferences? I’m just looking for a rational explanation and, after a bit of searching, I really can’t find one.

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Hmmm. I thought ATS would/should be concerned about this.

I really am interested in finding out if anyone has more background on the "Three Pillars of Tyranny" group that would help explain the ADL's interest in classifying them this way.

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Although I'm not certain how correct this is..., I have heard the allegation that the ADL is simply another 'construct' used by the establishment; in other words, they are their to give the appearance of benevolent intent; but in actuality, they are used by government agents to manipulate public opinion.

I'm not sure how they consider these 'extremists' but perhaps one of them used the term 'Zionist' in an unappealing way....

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Maxmarsperhaps one of them used the term 'Zionist' in an unappealing way....

If so, then that is truly frightening. It's just a word. Words are "extreme" now?

new topics

top topics

join