It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Guess who made the list of "Forbes' latest Billionaires"?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Joaquin Guzman Loera: Billionaire Drug Lord...

Fast Facts:

• Born on April 4, 1957, to a poor family in the rural town of La Tuna Badiraguato, his abusive father kicked him out of the house as a child. He's poorly educated, and reportedly resorted to using a ghostwriter to compose love letters to a mistress.

• Began his career in the drug trade as an apprentice of "El Padrino" (Godfather) Miguel Angel Felix Gallardo, who once headed Mexico's most powerful drug cartel. Guzman founded his own cartel in 1980, quickly establishing posts in 17 Mexican states. Sinaloa, his organization, takes its name from a Mexican state along the Pacific coast long known as a hotbed for drug trafficking. After Gallardo's arrest in 1989, Guzman inherited some of his territory.

• Established notorious groups of henchmen, known as "Los Chachos," "Los Negros," "Los Texas," and "Los Lobos," which are suspected of committing more than 1,000 murders across Mexico, including the killing of coc aine rival Rodolfo Carrillo Fuentes of the Juarez Cartel.

More info and Source

[edit: added Required EX tags, clipped quoted content]
Mod Edit: Quoting External Sources – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 15-3-2009 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Why ask us to guess who made the list if you just want to tell us? I really wanted to have a guess

Oh well, just goes to show, crime does pay.

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by yizzel
Why ask us to guess who made the list if you just want to tell us? I really wanted to have a guess

Oh well, just goes to show, crime does pay.

you were supposed to guess before you opened the post, now you went and spoiled it...
Hey we all knew those drug lords made tons of cash I just didn't know Forbes tracked them as possible investors?

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 02:35 PM
link   
More fear mongering trying to get Americans to see Mexico as the next Iraq, for our safety of course.

I do admit it's a powder keg that's about to blow up. All it takes is full blown martial law or collapse of government/economy in Mexico and we will literally have MILLIONS crossing the boarder within days.

It just seems like mainstream media is making sure we understand and don't forget it as little stories like this are between the major Mexican collapse stories.

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Great! Now we are going to have drug lords trying to out do each other to see who can be highest on the list!

What were they thinking?

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Yes, I heard aboout that.

Mexico even has taken issue with what Forbes magazine has done.

As Mexican officials have said, Adding a criminal like this should be out of the question. His money is not legitimate money and therefore should not count.

Putting him on the list and comparing him to the likes of Bill Gates and Warren Buffet is just plain ludacris and silly.

This was a bad move on Forbes part and I hope in the future they decide to only count people who have earned their money legitimatly.

new topics

top topics

join