It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

British Govermnent to track all outgoing holiday makers' movements.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 08:08 AM
link   

Britsh Government to track all who leave borders

This is my first post, so i hope you'll find this talk-worthy, but here goes:

All travel plans to be tracked by Government The travel plans and personal details of every holidaymaker, business traveller and day-tripper who leaves Britain are to be tracked by the Government, the Daily Telegraph can disclose.

This is a great shock to us Brits, not least because it means whenever we leave the UK borders, in any way, our passport details, credit card details, itineraries and movements will all have to be logged beforehand.

Anyone departing the UK by land, sea or air will have their trip recorded and stored on a database for a decade. Passengers leaving every international sea port, station or airport will have to supply detailed personal information as well as their travel plans. So-called "booze crusiers" who cross the Channel for a couple of hours to stock up on wine, beer and cigarettes will be subject to the rules.

Here's the link to the rest of the article:
[Telegraph's take on new government plans]http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/4987415/All-travel-plans-to-be-tracked-by-Government.html[/url]

Not sure how to make a hyperlink! Sorry

[edit on 15-3-2009 by purehughness]

[edit on 15/3/2009 by purehughness]

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 08:21 PM
link   
reply to post by purehughness

Wow! Disgusting.

And of course the excuse is "international terrorism". They'd do rather better on that score by having a bit of a purge of the security services.

There isn't even an immigration angle they can play... if they can't say how many illegal immigrants there are at any time, what's the point of keeping such a close track on UK citizens?

Control.

Are people really going to stand for this? I hope not. I also think it's intended to soften us up for ID cards. If Jeremy Clarkson can get his constituency going against that, there'll be a real chance they won't get away with it. It's a sad state of affairs when he's the repository of our hopes...

Did you notice the guy from the AA?

"It is a sad refection of the times that the dream of freedom of movement across Europe has had to take second place to concerns about national security," said Edmund King, the AA's president.

And of course the Tories think it's dreadful. It's not a bad idea, as far as they're concerned, it's "unwieldy": which probably means they want even more information.

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 01:33 PM
link   
I clicked on a related article at the site you provided and evidently this involves a huge deal with Raytheon. My guess would be this has little to do with preventing terrorism and more to do with the money.

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 05:33 AM
link   
This country's government loooves control, it's all down to conntrol. We have the largest amount of CCTV cameras in Europe, nothing to do with 'security', just to keep tabs on anyone the PTB wants to.

And the monitoring of anyone leaving the country raises the this- Suppose an asian or arab family were to take a trip back to their homeland, they would probably be interrogated beforehand, on the grounds of 'national security'.

Then, if anyone deviated from their pre-provided itinerary, what would they do then? Arrest them upon reentry of the UK, cut off their bank details (also pre-provided). God, imagine if you were holidaying in France, and decided on a whim to not go to St Malo but intstead to Caen for a day....You're a 'suspect' now buddy...

top topics

join