It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ghost train?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 06:00 AM
link   
Hey well when I was younger, probably... 13, my mother came out one day and she said she heard a train in the night and there was a lot of commotion outside after. I didn't hear anything at all, but I believed her. 2 weeks later the same thing happened and only she heard it. One month later I heard it myself, loud train going right by, so close, at night. Lots of commotion after wards as everyone was like.. what the hell? I'd like to note I was never near any train tracks
. It never happened again but it is interesting.

What do you think?

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 06:14 AM
link   
No tornados nearby I hope

Seriously tho, could be a residual haunting. Do you know if there ever existed any railroads in the area and if there is limestone in the area? Limestone for some reason has been linked to residual hauntings as a possible 'recorder' of some type.

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 06:20 AM
link   
Ghost trains have always interested me, My father is a railway worker and since a child i have heard him talk with friends about ghost trains, They would sit there and tell each other of the odd experiences that had encountered and the many times they would see a train go past and disappear right in front of there eyes, Ill have to have a word with him and get him to tell me more to share,

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 07:02 AM
link   
I wonder if all those ghost trains , cars , people , etc might be discrepancies in time , as in time bleeding through . So maybe there was a railroad at the place of the ghost train once , or there will be a railroad in this place some time in the future.

Or it could be an alternative reality bleeding through into ours. Some people theorize that if alternative realities exist they are shifted only a few inches (or even a smaller scale) in phase from our own . So basically very very close to our reality (I wonder if anybody understood anything from this ramble
)

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 09:15 AM
link   
Hm, it's all very interesting I must say. Who knows what it was. My mother and I still remember it to this day.

I also got no idea if train tracks were once there.

[edit on 15-3-2009 by shadowland8]

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 09:22 AM
link   
Was it a choo choo steam train noise? or just track noise...you should find out if there were any tracks from old people or your local library.

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 11:44 AM
link   
I have one near my house too.

I hear it Choo (Old steam-engine sound) and hear the tracks feintly.

And the sounds comes from a very large portion of forest, and there's no train tracks for 45-60 miles from my house.

Pretty weird, I went back in those woods once, Attempting to find the source of the sound.
I was walking back there for 15 mins, but as I thought I would get closer to the source, it stayed the same volume, and never changed.

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 04:29 PM
link   
An interesting look into this would be the best way to go. With something like a ghost train likely it would be traveling on or near the tracks where it once crashed.

What i would do is a little bit of research.Likely if there was a railroad near where you once lived, a quick look into the town history could help. Perhaps at the local library. Now if you live in the area still perhaps asking a few people could shed some light into your phenomena.

On a personal note. In this case,i wonder at exactly what could be happening,it could possibly be a train created through a specter or ghost's projective state.

In some circles of ghost study one can find cases where not only was a persons spirit or kinetic imprint left behind in spectral form but also inanimate objects could be present aswell.

An example of such is interesting.Such as one ghost i heard of who would every day return to the same library to get a book from some shelf.
the ghost reportedly would then sit down or such and read.

I cant really remember where this was i think it was in England after the second world war. Supposedly in the story the person had been a pilot who had died and they were returning to their favorite place as such.

There are many other case studies that could be refferenced in this. Like that of an inanimate object being possessed such as a chair or clock, dolls are a common one. There are stories of such things happening to houses and vehicles. One such case is that of the semi interesting study of the amity ville horror house in Suffolk County.

Im sure if you want you could find out more, and i hope you do.Very interesting case.

[edit on 15-3-2009 by toraylin]

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Hmm, well yeah I do still live in the same area, there's a library nearby, probably 15 min trip away. I can't really remember if it was a choo choo train or not, neither can my mother. All we know is it sounded like a train. I guess if I can be stuffed I can go and do a bit of research hehe. Thanks for all the replies so far.

top topics

join