It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CatsCatsCatsCats

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 05:07 AM
link   
This is my second go at this thread coz this stupid site stuffed up and i lost my entire post AHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!

Ok anyway i was just wondering about cats, and i mean in the alternative or paranormal way... Like are they supposed to ward off spiritsm or be half in our dimension and half out... sorta random things like that.

Why do people think black cats are bad luck? I think this is either confused or BS, I have two cats almost a year old, ones black and the other is tabby but they are both from the same litter (brothers). I love how they follow me round and always sleep on my bed, when they are around i always feel a strange sense of comfort and ease. My family are all cat lovers, i used to joke that if you died you would definately want to come back as one of my mums cats haha...

So i am very interested to hear what explanations you have about cats. I want to hear from the more alternative intresting people on this site, i have read some strange stuff but i never discount this kind subject as really, no-one knows what could happen out there... anyway look forward too hearing from you!

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 05:16 AM
link   
you asked for it... Cats: Gate Keepers of Hell

"In Egyptian mythology, Aker (also spelt Akar) was one of the earliest gods worshipped, and was the deification of the horizon. There are strong indications that Aker was worshipped before other known Egyptian gods of the earth, such as Geb. In particular, the Pyramid texts make a sinister statement that the Akeru (plural of Aker) will not seize the pharaoh, as if this were something that might have happened, and was something of which to be afraid. Aker itself translates as (one who) bends, and thus Akeru translates as benders, though in what sense this is meant, is not fully understood.

As the horizon, Aker was also seen as symbolic of the borders between each day, and so was originally depicted as a narrow strip of land (i.e. a horizon), with heads on either side, facing away from one another, a symbol of borders. Since the sun reaches its peak (its solstice) in the zodiac of Leo, these heads were usually those of lions. Over time, the heads became full figures of lions (still facing away from each other), one representing the concept of yesterday (Sef in Egyptian), and the other the concept of tomorrow (Duau in Egyptian).[1]

Consequently, Aker often became referred to as Ruti, the Egyptian word meaning two lions. Between them would often appear the hieroglyph for horizon, which was the sun's disc placed between two mountains. Sometimes the lions were depicted as being covered with leopard-like spots, leading some to think it a depiction of the extinct Barbary lion, which, unlike African species, had a spotted coat.

Since the horizon was where night became day, Aker was said to guard the entrance and exit to the underworld, opening them for the sun to pass through during the night. As the guard, it was said that the dead had to request Aker to open the underworld's gates, so that they might enter. Also, as all who had died had to pass Aker, it was said that Aker annulled the causes of death, such as extracting the poison from any snakes that had bitten the deceased, or from any scorpions that had stung them.

As the Egyptians believed that the gates of the morning and evening were guarded by Aker, they sometimes placed twin statues of lions at the doors of their palaces and tombs. This was to guard the households and tombs from evil spirits and other malevolent beings. This practice was adopted by the Greeks and Romans, and is still unknowingly followed by some today. Unlike most of the other Egyptian deities, the worship of Aker remained popular well into the Greco-Roman era. Aker had no temples of his own like the main gods in the Egyptian religion, since he was more connected to the primeval concepts of the very old earth powers."
Source and further information:

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 05:18 AM
link   
I don't know much about cats in the paranormal sense but I heard that cats can see the "other world"(or how you want to call all the spirits , demons , elementals , etc) and until a cat is around everything is safe cause they tend to run away from danger pretty quick

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 05:26 AM
link   
i don't know.....but my cat always seems to see invisible things, stairs tensed in the ready position and there is absolutely nothing there that i can see. Kinda creeps me out. I gain comfort by imagining my cat is going senile or suffering from schizophrenia. Then i wonder if i have to take him to the shrink.

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 05:31 AM
link   
I don't think its unlucky to own black cats. I think it's considered unlucky if you randomly happen to come across a stray black cat in front of you crossing the road , or just out in public. It's old superstition like walking under ladders.
I wonder what cats can see? Probably similar to what dogs can see .

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 05:31 AM
link   
Cats

I have the pleasure of caring for four cats and quite often they see things I can't. They will watch something travel through the room.

Sometimes I see a little black ghost cat and even feel a cat rubbing around my legs, when I look down there isn't one there.

One thing I have noticed is they are suddenly much more affectionate these past few weeks, someone else mentioned this in another thread about their pets too.

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 05:40 AM
link   
Haha yea my cats end up staring into space sometimes, or look intently right over my shoulder but nothings there, hey daddybear thanks for that info, interesting read. It is odd the egyptians worshipped them like they did, but they do seem so svelte and graceful.

And lightchild yea my mum has four cats too, but unfortunatly one recently got killed by some (extreme curse word) speeding down the back street (she lives out the country) but he used to have a little bell round his neck and i have been stayin there lately for work. I have been hearing the bells off his coller honestly everyday by the bed i have been trying to find the cause but cant, its really odd although two of the others have them too but definately coudn't find them anywhere either.

Yea i would love to know what goes on in there lil minds

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 06:22 AM
link   
I have always wanted a black cat and I've finally got her! I named her Luci Fur lol My lil girl wanted to name her Whiskers but now she calls it Whiskey! Too funny.

I just wanted to share one paranormal cat experience. I've never seen a ghost even tho I've wanted to and find possible however...

About a week after our cat died, me and the husband were in bed reading and there was a loud, distinctive 'meow' from the hallway. We both looked at each a little freaked out. This happend once more around the time of one year anniversary of Sukis death. We don't have any cats and the meow most definately came from within the house, just outside our room. She died in our room. ::shrug:: I have zero idea what to make of this but, thought I'd share the experience.

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 06:59 AM
link   
I have this friend who 'made friends' with this psychic lady on some sort of road trip once.

Later he bought cats from her that could teleport. But he had to pay for shipping.

True story. I know this has no relevance, but I thought it was ironic.

Oh and to add to this oddness, my cat always chases invisible string. Sometimes I think whatever it is is playing with her.

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 07:45 AM
link   
Cat mystery #1

From where did all the different breeds of cats...shazam...appear?

Those Egyptians certainly fancied cats. And they had some pretty exotic breeds. Who made those breeds? And how? And why?

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 08:06 AM
link   
I am allergic to cats. If I enter a house with cats, I immediately get a severe "hay fever" attack. I need to take anti-histamine tablets for at least two days after I have been in contact with cats.

Beyond that, I do not like cats - it is just something deep inside of me, I cannot explain it. The funniest part of all is, that whenever I visit someone with cats, the cats seem to immediately focus on me and want to come sit on my lap or rubbing against me.

Obviously, I find it very frustrating because of my allergy and my general feeling toward cats.

I know cat lovers wil nail me for my comments, but unfortunately this is the way it is. As far as the OP's questions regarding the paranormal side of cats, I definitely think that cats have some sort of 6th sense. They definitely can sense my negative attitude and then focus totally on me. Perhaps they are just not interpreting my body language correctly, or perhaps they do it on purpose to try and to agitate me.

If this post is off topic, kindly forgive me for that.

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 08:30 AM
link   
I have a cat was a stray. I got him after he was buried alive at a construction site around the age of three weeks. His name of course is Lazarus. The vet claimed that I got him just in the nick of time because he was feral and could be domesticated but if he had been a week older that it was quite possible that he never would have been tamed.

I am still debating the accuracy of his prediction because on some days Lazarus is as wild as they come and other days he is an angel with a dirty face. He is an everybody cat but he always sleeps in my mother’s bed and is quite territorial.

The really weird thing is any one that knows and visits me at my house knows when I am sick because when I am sick Lazarus will not leave my side. He sleeps in my bed right next to me and he has to have some part of his body touching mine. If I roll over and he loses contact he will reposition himself until some part of him is touching me.

I know that it is probably psychological but when I am sick and he is there with me I actually feel better. I know when he has left to go make and when he returns.

When I am better he goes back to my mother’s room. I haven’t figured out why he does this but he does it.

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 09:08 AM
link   
reply to post by NightSkyeB4Dawn

I have three formerly feral cats myself. Two of them are brothers that were brought to me in livetraps when they were between four and five months old. I wasn't sure if they could be tamed, but both turned into very gentle, loving cats, although one of them is very timid at times. My other feral cat was trapped with her siblings, and the others were successfully socialized and went to new homes, but Kamara continued to be fearful of humans. I started fostering her in the hope of bringing her around, she bonded with me, so I ended up adopting her, but she is still a little weird. Strange thing about her, she always knows when someone isn't feeling well, either mentally or physically, and then wants to snuggle and comfort that person. I don't know how she knows when she is needed, she just does.

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 10:28 AM
link   
I do believe cats are psychic and I have a cat named Scootie and Scootie is a long haired black and white Manx and very special to me. Scootie is my time clock she wakes me up before the alarm clock by meowing. If I am late she will go to the bottom of the steps and meows by the exit door as to hurry me until I leave for work and if I am on time she does not meow.

I have diabetes and if my sugar levels are way off she will wake me by meowing and I believe she can tell by the change of smell with my body. My other cat is named Zoe and Zoe is one of the most beautfully colored long haired Rag Doll cats I have ever seen. She will wrap her body around the top of my head on the pillow each night and purr to put me to sleep. I believe she knows her vibration frequencies of purring is healing and soothing to me. Scootie knows I will be coming home from work by meowing several minutes before I arrive even if my schedule varies. I could write a book about the experiences with my beloved cats.

[edit on 15-3-2009 by amari]

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by NightSkyeB4Dawn

My cats have always done the same thing. They knew when I was sick and stayed by my side. I only have one now, but it's been like this since I've kept cats in my entire life. They knew when I was sad and stayed by my side. They also freak me out, looking into space and focusing intently on things I cannot see in the wee hours of the morn...especially creepy when the icemaker is making new ice, and the house is making settling pops and cracks as the morning temp begins to rise. I write is off as the cat seeing the reflection of the TV bounce off the walls and the neighbor's car lights filtering in through the bedroom windows, but who knows?

I find it interesting how some of us can make instant friends with even stray feral cats that won't come to anyone else, but the moment a dog sees us walking down the street, they bark at us like we're an ax murderer heck bent on destroying their master and their food supply. I don't like dogs, as a result. Also an avid jogger, I really, really dislike hearing them yap. It makes my blood boil and I tend to feel threatened and get aggressive right back. I think cats have a higher degree of intuition and "sixth" sense than other pets. I may be biased, but I think cats are the best pets to own. They always know the bad people, lol.

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 05:49 PM
link   
I use a cat to protect my spirit, with their keen senses that seem otherworldly. They remind me of the cleric/shaman/holyman.

I use a dog to protect my body, with their keen senses that seem to locate any physical being at close proximity. They remind me of the warrior/slave/scout.

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 05:18 PM
link   
There is something spiritual about cats. As a pagan, we generally like cats.
I even have a black cat.

What is funny is in good cat style they generally ignore me. But the moment I do any meditation or rituals, they are there and watching. It is the tiniest bit eerie. They seem to know and are attracted to the energy.

Black cats are not unlucky. They were considered unlucky during the middle ages when people were starting to be accussed of witches, and those witches disguised themselves as black cats. Simply because cats are nocturnal, and witches are nocturnal.

And this silly superstition persists today. I keep my cat in on halloween, because grief stricken owners have lost their cats to brutality around this time.

please remember ninja

black cat killings

c'mon people. It is 2009.

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

What is funny is in good cat style they generally ignore me. But the moment I do any meditation or rituals, they are there and watching. It is the tiniest bit eerie. They seem to know and are attracted to the energy.

My Lazarus is extremely nosy and very verbal. He has to be right in the middle of anything that I am doing with my hands.

If I am writing he will try to take the pen from my hand, he sits on my keyboard when I try to type, he tries to remove the phone from my hand or the remote.

He is very content as long as I keep my hands still or if I am petting him.

He has to be included in everything. If the dogs go for a walk, well, he has to go too.

If the dogs get a treat then he must get one and if the dogs get attention then he will very loudly protest until one of the dogs groom him or one of us humans gives him equal time.

All packages must be Cat scanned on arrival to the house and the bags and boxes belong to him for the first couple of days until he becomes bored with them.

I don't think he can make up his mind. One moment he thinks he is the alpha male dog of the house and the next he thinks he is human.

I blame this on the fact that he was removed from his feral environment at 3 weeks of age and did not see another cat until he was two years old. He imprinted on humans and dogs and I think he is bit confused.

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 01:15 AM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

Wow i could only read that story about poor ninja, i hate hearing about stuff like that. I cant believe people can do that even if they are kids. God i woulda found that kid and beat the crap outta him and any of his family that protested it. I dont care if anyone thinks thats too harsh, i bet he would think twice about hurting a animal like that again, especially when he looks down at his arm i have mangled for the rest of his life. HA sucks to be you! Ahh i only wish

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 02:28 PM
link   
I was just reminded of when I was a kid and used to have dreams about spirits all the time. Every one featured a cat, or cat shadow. As if the cat was significant to the identification of the spirit being spirit rather than a live person.
So there has always been some connection in my mind between cats and the spirits.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join