It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Are Your Powers?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 04:34 AM
link   
I believe all of us have some sort of a power that we EXCEL in.

We all have the same powers, but some of us are better in certain fields of power than others.

Are you telepathic? clairvoyant? very strong physically? move objects with your mind? can you levitate? a wizard?

We ALL do have powers.

I believe mine is that I am unusually smart and therefore some sort of a teacher/wizard. I can research any topic and understand it fast with no effort.

Your powers can be singing, dancing, drawing, etc. which in this case all fit into the Creative power and talent.

What is your power? (What are you good at?)

[edit on 15-3-2009 by bobbylove321]

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 04:58 AM
link   
Powers are for the weak. I have no powers enless you count the power to blow minds with my weapons grade philosophical insight. Im a thoughtocaster, a conundrummer in a band called life puzzler. Hell Ive fliped more lids than a monkey in a soup kitchen. Does that make me a hero?

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 05:34 AM
link   
I have the ability to spot variations on very recent threads.

What strange abilities do you have?

I believe mine is that I am unusually smart and therefore some sort of a teacher/wizard. I can research any topic and understand it fast with no effort.

"Unusually smart and therefore some sort of a teacher/wizard"? Fantastic! Is it me, or is the irony hot in here?

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 05:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wisen Heimer
Powers are for the weak. I have no powers enless you count the power to blow minds with my weapons grade philosophical insight. Im a thoughtocaster, a conundrummer in a band called life puzzler. Hell Ive fliped more lids than a monkey in a soup kitchen. Does that make me a hero?

Conundrummer? I am an 8th level imagionationist!

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 06:00 AM
link   
im unsualy strong
i started going the gym and i was benching 60 kgs
after 3 weeks i was up 2 100 kgs
not i lift 120 kgs and ive nly been going 2 months
i have a freind who has been goin over a year and he cant lift as much as me

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 06:07 AM
link   
I'm fat and hairy...my super power? The ability to eat multiple courses at a single meal. I'm called IrishMan

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 08:32 AM
link   
Catalyst through reaction.

Originally posted by bobbylove321
I believe all of us have some sort of a power that we EXCEL in.
[edit on 15-3-2009 by bobbylove321]

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 08:47 AM
link   
I have the ability to see dumb people.
every where I look I see them, I wish I could turn off this power, but no such luck.
minding my own business, I have them open their mouths to me and prove the dumb just never goes away.

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 09:19 AM
link   
I know what my power is. While you mere mortals cant believe its not butter, I CAN believe its not butter. On another note.... I once saw chuck norris melt steel just by commanding it to melt.

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Merriman Weir
I have the ability to spot variations on very recent threads.

What strange abilities do you have?

"Unusually smart and therefore some sort of a teacher/wizard"? Fantastic! Is it me, or is the irony hot in here?

Especially when you claim to be unusually smart and then state that you have "fliped" many lids or whatever. So brilliant and yet you mis-spell "flipped". Spelling is not my strong suit either.

But I digress - my superpowers (among many) are the ability to drink a lot of Gentleman Jack without contaminating it with anything but ice. I am also very gifted at seeing through the widespread hoax of the religion of alien visitation. And belief in ghosts. And the religion of life without Intelligent Design. I guess you can say that I am way to intelligent to believe in the doctrines of foolishness.

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by tallcool1
Especially when you claim to be unusually smart and then state that you have "fliped" many lids or whatever. So brilliant and yet you mis-spell "flipped". Spelling is not my strong suit either.

But I digress - my superpowers (among many) are the ability to drink a lot of Gentleman Jack without contaminating it with anything but ice. I am also very gifted at seeing through the widespread hoax of the religion of alien visitation. And belief in ghosts. And the religion of life without Intelligent Design. I guess you can say that I am way to intelligent to believe in the doctrines of foolishness.

Not only did you digress, but I think you may have conflated a couple of posters. Wisen Heimer is the flipper of lids whilst bobbylove321 is the "unusually smart" one. My powers are thread similarity and Xavier: Renegade Angel quote spotting. I'm neither "unusually smart" nor a flipper of lids.

[edit on 15-3-2009 by Merriman Weir]

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Wow, do I feel stupid or what? I guess I just got a kick in the face from sweet irony.

I still have an awesome ability to not contaminate the sweet nectar of the gods (Gentleman Jack) with mixer. Nor am i tricked into believing foolish doctrines.

Apparently some other member here has the super power ability to cause someone that mocks another to make a stupid post. Amazing talent.

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Almost every post made here so far has been a joke.

Only when people wake up and realize that time is running out for what's to come would they stop joking.

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 06:57 AM
link   
I felt kinda bad, cause my last post was a joke. In all seriousness I believe my power is truly caring about people and being able to see people as they really are, I can see behind acting, I can really tell when somebody is an evil person, a good person, I always trust my instinct and it has never proved me wrong. Its kind of hard to put in words but im a darn good judge of character.

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Don't feel bad Tac, we were all joking. At least I believe we were. I was anyway.

Bobbylove - I have a feeling for what I think is coming and it's not good for anyone. That just forces me to be prepared - not live in fear. I am still going to take the time to joke and have fun even after TSHTF. I would probably lose my mind if I was ever too afraid to make jokes. Fear is something to stare in the face and overcome. Anyway, lighten up a little. Not every thread in ATS has to be doom and gloom and serious.

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 12:43 PM
link   
I'm a massage therapist and often can tell where an individual has a problem without them telling me. I can feel the energy coming through my hands and get extremely hot when they are imbalanced in an area. Sometimes I start sweating bullets and I'm simply just standing there and the air conditioning is at normal room temperature. (Usually the chi is very strong and needs to cool down. Not many understand the concept of chi in the body, unless you learn about chinese medicine which has been around for over 5,000 years.)

Many possess the ability to help others heal, I guess you could call that a "power." Not too many tap into their abilities though b/c of self-doubt and fear. I guess you could say I'm also an empath, on the verge of becoming more telepathically inclined.

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by bobbylove321

My powers.....mmmmmm

That's tough...

Instead of powers....cos that's a bit silly....I'll just say strengths.

I'm a good singer.

I'm freakishly perceptive, intuitive...some ESP.

Pretty good with words...

I'm a muse... seriously... i am.

I am great at empathizing and feeling sympathy and feeling the pain and suffering of others.. i feel it's a blessing, some may see it as a curse.

That's the normal ones anyway

The others I'll leave for another time..

[edit on 16/3/09 by blupblup]

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 06:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by blupblup
I am great at empathizing and feeling sympathy and feeling the pain and suffering of others.. i feel it's a blessing, some may see it as a curse.

It's a very good one really, a blessing in fact! It can maybe keep you from hurting others and you avoid bad karma. It can also serve as a tool to help you discern people that really needs help from those that really don't.

As for my power, I'm gifted with the power of imagination and an open mind. Goes hand in hand with me being a part time inventor and scientific researcher in my free time

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by ahnggk
It's a very good one really, a blessing in fact! It can maybe keep you from hurting others and you avoid bad karma. It can also serve as a tool to help you discern people that really needs help from those that really don't.

I agree.... but i know many like to forget about the suffering in the world and/or turn a blind eye.
I always think (or over-think) things through and try and see other peoples perspective and how i may have hurt somebody or put myself in others shoes.
And yeah.... I'm pretty good at spotting genuine people... it's harder online but in real life, I'm a very good judge of character.

As for my power, I'm gifted with the power of imagination and an open mind. Goes hand in hand with me being a part time inventor and scientific researcher in my free time

That is also a good thing to have....you very rarely get bored right?

I have a very vivid imagination too..... endless thoughts and possibilities

Cheers

new topics

top topics

join