It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wal-Mart looks to Hispanic market

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 02:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by jd140

It is a problem because they know that it will cater to the Illegal population. Your saying this is okay because some have accepted other problem areas as okay.

None of those places you listed is okay for us to accept. I want Immigration to round up ALL illegals. Raid every last one of them. If they do not come here legally and learn english then round them up and make it to where they do not want to come back here illegally.

I will go one step further. If someone comes here illegally then they do not get the chance to come back here as a legal citizen.

What I'm saying is that Wal-mart is opening stores with a larger percentage of Latin products, big deal. It is not their problem who buys them. Any store that sells stuff in Hispanic-heavy areas will be attracting illegals then (in your view). What should all stores do then? Close shop where there are Hispanics?
The whole illegal immigration issue is so complex and has been going on for so long that I think it is almost impossible find a solution to it. And no, opening stores catering to Hispanics won't make it worse.

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 02:13 AM
link   
reply to post by jd140

I am against any that make it easier for the illegal poplulation to function

And you have a right to. But slamming immigrants and basically wishing the worst on them is not the route to go IMO. Most of those that came were basically invited by our government and businesses.

Don't you find it strange that the same people who wish not to do anything about the immigration problem keep getting reelected?

Illegals are here because the government wants them here.

If this wasn't the case then the government would be just as hard working to revamp its Visa program just as much as it is trying to secure the border.

Too lazy to look it up. But 50% of illegals come in through the visa program by overstaying their Visa.

Don't hear anybody alarm about this fact despite the fact that many of the hijackers on 9/11 got in this way.

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 02:14 AM
link   

No! We have to pressure the government to enforce these laws because they are being pressured to rewrite these laws. If the government hears only one side then they have to assume the other side does not care.

Yeah, that's what I meant, maybe I wasn't clear. Gotta put pressure on the govt.

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 02:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by haika

It is a problem because they know that it will cater to the Illegal population. Your saying this is okay because some have accepted other problem areas as okay.

None of those places you listed is okay for us to accept. I want Immigration to round up ALL illegals. Raid every last one of them. If they do not come here legally and learn english then round them up and make it to where they do not want to come back here illegally.

I will go one step further. If someone comes here illegally then they do not get the chance to come back here as a legal citizen.

What I'm saying is that Wal-mart is opening stores with a larger percentage of Latin products, big deal. It is not their problem who buys them. Any store that sells stuff in Hispanic-heavy areas will be attracting illegals then (in your view). What should all stores do then? Close shop where there are Hispanics?
The whole illegal immigration issue is so complex and has been going on for so long that I think it is almost impossible find a solution to it. And no, opening stores catering to Hispanics won't make it worse.

They are catering to them, that is the big deal. They said themselves that they are catering to the latino population. How many of their signs will be in english do you think?

And yes opening stores catering to them will make it worse. They came here to live our way of life. They left their country to live in America. Why should we change even one little bit for them?

They want the same thing they had wherever they came from with the added benefit of our rights.

You go ahead and tolerate it, I refuse to compromise.

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 02:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by jam321
reply to post by jd140

I am against any that make it easier for the illegal poplulation to function

And you have a right to. But slamming immigrants and basically wishing the worst on them is not the route to go IMO. Most of those that came were basically invited by our government and businesses.

Don't you find it strange that the same people who wish not to do anything about the immigration problem keep getting reelected?

Illegals are here because the government wants them here.

If this wasn't the case then the government would be just as hard working to revamp its Visa program just as much as it is trying to secure the border.

Too lazy to look it up. But 50% of illegals come in through the visa program by overstaying their Visa.

Don't hear anybody alarm about this fact despite the fact that many of the hijackers on 9/11 got in this way.

I am slamming Illegals and those who make it easier for them. I certainly do not wish the best for them. They are criminals and do not deserve my sympathy.

If someone comes here legally and works hard at adapting to our country without wanting us to compromise, then I hope they succede in life. If I am able I will help them in anyway I can.

They get a work Visa and over stay then they are criminals and the government should deport their sorry butts, if they do not then it is up to us to pressure them to do their jobs.

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 02:53 AM
link   

[
You go ahead and tolerate it, I refuse to compromise.

I'm not tolerating it. I am only saying that stores that ethnic stores that open in Hispanic communities do not control who buys their products. They are just stores.
On the other hand, the only one who has the means, laws, and enforcement power to control and take care of the illegal immigration situation is the govt.
Again, I do not tolerate the circumstances, but I like going to the Hispanic stores. I get great salsa and fruit and vegetables that I do not find anywhere else, except in Whole Foods Market and they are way too expensive there.

Oh and, any McDonald's, Taco Bell, KFC, and Wendy's that happens to be in a Hispanic neighborhood, is also catering to illegals buying their lunch there.

[edit on 3/16/2009 by haika]

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 03:04 AM
link   
reply to post by haika

If they use signs that are not in english, then yes they are catering to illegals. That is why I am saying they are catering to illegals. They are ditching english for spanish. If they opened a regular Wal Mart then I would have no problem at all with it. What they are doing is opening a store that they would open in Mexico.

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 03:08 AM
link   
reply to post by jd140

Oh ok. I agree with you on the sign part. Now, the being bi-lingual of the staff is to be expected since probably most of the people working in these Wal-marts will probably be from nearby neighborhoods, already being bi-lingual.
And products, if they are imported from Latin America, have their labels both in English and Spanish.

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 03:52 AM
link   

reply to post by haika

I meant it when I said "round them up and lead them to slaughter". They are criminals and I feel no sympathy for them at all.

Very interesting.

Hitler style.

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 04:42 AM
link   
I think wal mart will discriminate against cuacasians..im not talkin about the employees, thier cool people..im talkin about management and up positions. Dosnt anyone rememebr not to long ago, women coming forward and sueing wal mart for sexual discrimination? It was almost headline news! im usre a google in of it would reveal a ton of info. I sa a documentary on HBO a year or 2 ago, about walmart and the Waltons...
Lots of walmarts WERE found and cited, storing hazardous waste oustide in public filled area, and had little security responses or actions for tougher neighborhood. And walmarts coporate attitude towards it, as a question was basically they wanna keep it hush hush, lets change the subject knida deal.
Im suprised governemnt or ICE immigration wouldnt wanna jump all over this.

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 04:45 AM
link   
LOL i can see it now, one day walmart is gunna open a brand new store in a bad bad run down neighbrohood, and hire the worst of criminals and pedeophiles. Managers requiremnts for the job, will have been jailtime for aggravated rape, assault, and holding up 4 or 5 banks at point blank range to banketeller.. Cashiers requiremnts..former or still heroin addict and low life crackwhore.

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 09:23 AM
link   
The hate filled rhetoric that is being directed toward a race of people that are in this country to take jobs that the bulk of our population will not take has nothing to do with Wal-Mart and it scares the hell out of me that ATS hasn't shut this thread down.... As was stated in another post on this thread, Wal-Mart's new stores will put numerous small businesses under that already provide products that cater to the desires of the Hispanic population..... The stereotypes that are being invented by people that obviously have no knowledge about the people and the culture they are advocating what amounts to genocidal acts against, are more frightening to me than the worst of the criminal element that is a small fraction of the illegal population that is on this side of the border.....I grew up working in a grocery store in a Mexican American neighborhood and found the people to be hard working,honest,responsible and family oriented beyond that of the majority of the white people of the same economic means..... A lot of them have acquired degrees and assimilated into the Anglo American lifestyle and are doing very well.... The ones that have done so and retained there cultural standards are way better people.... My father always said that next to the British Ghurkas the Mexican American soldiers in his unit were the toughest and bravest troops. As a Marine in Vietnam I saw the same thing.... My wife is a Tejuana whose great grandfather was a Confederate Naval officer. Her great uncle was awarded the Medal Of Honor for saving all on board the Cape Horn while serving in the Coast Guard. Her father and 4 of her uncles served in every branch of the U.S.Armed Forces during World War two. Her 37 year old son is a staff N.C.O. in the Navy right now and the children of numerous cousins are deployed or have been in the stuff going on now. One of my cousins boy is half Mexican and is an Army career man and is overseas as a translator.... There are illegals in this county of all races and nationalities, but that doesn't seem to upset anyone, even though a lot of them are involved in criminal enterprises that are taking us for billions.... Why is it that brown people make you so angry?.... Don't try to tell me it is only the illegals, I know racism when it is as obvious as it is on this thread.

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by hypervigilant

I will answer you since I hate them.

As I have stated in my previous post, I hate all illegals of all nationalities and those who help them. They are a leach on the honest Americans butt. They are a parasite that is looked on in a sympathatic light.

The reason that this thread went the Hispanic route is because Wal Mart isn't putting up a store aimed at Muslims.

If immigrants are here legally and do an honest days work for an honest dollar, honest means not taking a wage lower then what would normally be expected, then as I have said I wish them the best. If at all possible I would help them if needed.

In Mexico a man might be a good person, but once he crosses that border illegally he is a criminal and his good name expires once his feet hits our soil.

Wal Mart is trying to exploit this problem and the best arguement someone can come up with is that there is already a little china and havana, why not let them have their Wal Mart.

Pathetic.

If you want to call me a racist for this view then go ahead. If being a racist means not tolerating illegal immigration then yes I am a racist and will be til the day I die. If that is what racism is then we need more of it.

[edit on 16-3-2009 by jd140]

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by lucidclouds

reply to post by haika

I meant it when I said "round them up and lead them to slaughter". They are criminals and I feel no sympathy for them at all.

Very interesting.

Hitler style.

Hitler style only if he rounded up those with no rights to the land he was in charge of.

Don't compare what I said with Hitler. Hitler was a criminal who preyed on the innocent. I want to prey on the criminal. The only way they will stop coming here illegally is if we make so they will regret getting caught.

Right now they get caught, we take them back, they come back. It is a freaking game to them. There are no consiquences.

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 01:26 PM
link   
The obvious solution, as I have mentioned in other threads that have exploited this racist attitude in disguise, is to arrest the people that are employing illegal workers of all races and nationalities..... One little Mexican can out work the biggest and strongest white people alive in this country now and if you think otherwise take a job where they are employed and find out.

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by hypervigilant
The obvious solution, as I have mentioned in other threads that have exploited this racist attitude in disguise, is to arrest the people that are employing illegal workers of all races and nationalities..... One little Mexican can out work the biggest and strongest white people alive in this country now and if you think otherwise take a job where they are employed and find out.

Like I said, if my wanting illegal immigration laws enforced makes me a racist then I guess thats what I am and proud of it.

If that "one little Mexican" is here legally then by God he deserves a cold beer at the end of his day. If that same person is illegal, then he deserves handcuffs.

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Then address the problem and hate the people that are profiting from their sweat and blood. Why would you have hate for a person that is working harder than you will for a lessor wage in order to provide for his family?... Hate is a very strong word that I can't use in the course of conversation unless it is about wild hogs or mosquitoes and other creatures that are destructive and suck the blood out of other creatures, like corporations, lobbyist, lawyers, politicians, bankers and the such.

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by jam321

I have no problem with that IF we do the same to every store across the nation and everybody has to prove they are a US citizen.

They only pull that when they want to harass the business owner. I have been through countless check during one summer after a piece of property was targeted for use by a big corporation and the small business owner would not sell.

I also have no problem with the checks but they do not work cause the Mexicans have cell phones and warn their buddies.

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by hypervigilant
Then address the problem and hate the people that are profiting from their sweat and blood. Why would you have hate for a person that is working harder than you will for a lessor wage in order to provide for his family?... Hate is a very strong word that I can't use in the course of conversation unless it is about wild hogs or mosquitoes and other creatures that are destructive and suck the blood out of other creatures, like corporations, lobbyist, lawyers, politicians, bankers and the such.

How many times must I say it.

I hate everyone who profits from this. I hate eveyone who is part of the problem. That includes buisnesses, government officials, illegals and sympathetic individuals like yourself.

I hate them, they are criminals and I hate criminals. The people who help them are aiding criminals which make them criminals and I hate them too.

You do not know me and so you have no idea how hard I work, they may work harder then you, but don't even begin to tell me I don't work as hard as your little mexican. I work my butt off for my family so do not assume something just because it is true for yourself.

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Wow this is ******* atrocious!
Yeah lets bend to the hispanic population and change our ways for theirs since were in their country right?
I remember a store I was in recently where the aisle signs had spanish in big letters with english underneath in smaller letters. I about went nucking futs!

Due to the incinerating rage and blown head gaskets I refuse to say more.

[edit on 16-3-2009 by N3krostatic]

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join