It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wal-Mart looks to Hispanic market

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by lucidclouds

This is my reply to both of you.

I know how hard of a topic Illegal Immigration is to people, but someone needs to do something about it because Americans, of all colors, have had enough. And Every American should be pissed off at not only the people comming here, but the people allowing them to come here.

Consider WHY Mexicans are flocking to the USA. It is because IMF/World Bank Structural Adjustment Programs and the World Trade Organization "free trade agreements" destroyed their agricultural base! The enemy is not the average American or the average Hispanic, it is the Transnational Corporations like Monsanto, Cargill, Syngenta. Andre, Bunge, ADM, Tyson, JBS Swift, and WalMart. They are NOT Americans although they may live here. They are Globalists and owe zero loyalty to anything but money. Stan Greenberg, Rosa delauro's hubby worked on political campaigns in 60 countries to promote their agendas.

I am sure the corporate elite are laughing their heads off about all the fighting caused by illegal immigration. They force the Mexicans to immigrate by taking away their livelihoods and exploit them as "slave labor" here or in Mexico.

As I said earlier WallyMart has enough clout to enforce low prices from the supplier (middle man) who forces low prices on the food producers who lower wages. Wally Mart is promoting slave labor through their practices. The middleman and Wallymart get their money its the farmers and their workers who get the shaft.

Nothing is done about illegal immigration because the transnationals want the cheap labor. They do not care about the impact on the average American.

Quit fighting each other and go after the real villains like WalMart.

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 03:33 PM
link   
What Wal-Mart is doing, is enabling the illegals. They are making it so that the illegals don't need to know english to operate in this country. They are creating a market so the illegals can have a place where they don't have to feel pressure to speak English.

All of you who don't live in the south, you don't realize how great it is to not have illegals stealing jobs, running up to your car everytime you drive into the parking lot of a Home Depot, or have them run you off the road due to the fact that they have no drivers license or idea of how to drive in America.

I live in Houston and I am ready to fight to keep our land American. If you want to live here, you need to do it legally, and learn to speak the language. I don't go to Mexico and expect anyone to speak English and it should be the other way around.

I have absolutely no problem with legal Mexicans or any other race here in America but come here legally and operate under our laws and standards. I know many Mexicans who came to this country legally and they are fed up by the ones who haven't as well.

Remember the Alamo!

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 05:54 PM
link   
I live in South Texas: if I go to a Walmart on the side of town closest to my rural location,it IS already VERY much oriented to Hispanics.

The foods are more ethnic,the colors/styles in the clothing selections are different.
Many of the home-decor items have the labels printed in Spanish and in English already.

My biggest issue is that I am treated like I am "less than" because I'm usually the only Caucasian chic in the store.
I frequently drive many un-necessary miles to avoid these stores but it's not always reasonable.

Attitude at the check outs are common (yes,the employees are 99% Hispanic females) and I have been outright ignored when another Hispanic woman speaks to someone in Spanish like I'm not even standing there and she immediately turns to answer her.

I do speak Spanish though and get my dibs in sometimes.

I have ALSO been hassled on a regular basis because whether or not some would believe it,it IS a different "culture" and the men are more aggresive.(not looking to open a can of worms,my personal experience based on many incidents)
I should be able to buy my household basics without being followed to my car,right?

It happens all the time.I have even reported it to "security" to their great amusement.

I understand perfectly that Walmart is target-marketing but somewhere along the way,they might consider giving everyone equal considerations.

I think they are absolutely making a "statement."

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 07:38 PM
link   
I was in San Antonio a week ago and shopped in numerous Hispanic owned or ran businesses without no problems what so ever. At the same time the East Texas town close to the rural area where I live is full of real jerks that act very annoyed that they have another customer to deal with, interfering with their conversation.... I know more people of Mexican descent than Anglo, Euro descent and have never found them to be nearly as unfriendly as the Caucasians that work at the Wal-Mart in this town. I am sure that I would have a bad attitude if I had to work or shop at Wal-Mart and therefore shop elsewhere or do without..... I guess that since I am more comfortable around Mexican Americans than Red Necks, I tend to relate negatively to Red Necks and them to me.

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by ziggy1706
Loko at it this way.. it will most liekly attract other illegals and gang members anyways, become all graffitied up, and be amonsgt the most usanitary of plces to hang. Forgive me for soudning shrue, but every male latino, BY majority ive ever known, msotly from Guatemala, has NEVER wiped his behind after leaving the toilet, and has made a mess of the parking lot or floor where he works. Look at the brighter side of things

This is some stereotype you thought up!

Fact is I live less than a mile away from this new Walmart that will be going up in Phoenix. I can assure you there's not a single piece of graffiti around and more than 3/4's of the homes around the area are fairly new.

Most of these so called "illegals" are actually people who moved to west Phoenix/Avondale from California.

Funny, every other large name grocery store in the Phoenix area has made a specialty store for hispanics: Fry's Mercado(kroger), Food City

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 08:56 PM
link   
This is typical walmart. Opening a hispanic walmart is going to put all the small Hispanic stores in town out of business. Each town that has a large hispanic population has hispanic stores. These stores have items that most regular stores don't carry.

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Common Good
So why Put up special Wal-Mart stores just for spanish speaking only? www.ft.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

Where in the article that you posted is stated that the store is for Spanish speaking only?

Quote: "The staff will also be bilingual."
As far as I know bilingual staff means both English and Spanish speaking, and thats a big difference to Spanish only...

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by kazike

Originally posted by Common Good
So why Put up special Wal-Mart stores just for spanish speaking only? www.ft.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

Where in the article that you posted is stated that the store is for Spanish speaking only?

Quote: "The staff will also be bilingual."
As far as I know bilingual staff means both English and Spanish speaking, and thats a big difference to Spanish only...

OH so it being bilingual means its okay.

How about the problem is that it has to be bilingual. How about they are opening these stores because of the non english speaking population that is out there in an english speaking country.

How about we have immigration raid these stores and see what percentage that is shopping and work there are legal.

Round them up and lead them to slaughter. I hope that is what they are planning.

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 11:31 PM
link   
reply to post by RFBurns

Nobody has but themselves to blame. It is unreal. Everyone knows wal-mart is terrible, yet they keep going there.

The other practice wally does is take one item, price it really low so it looks like a tremendous price. But if you really check the OTHERS anywhere, they are about the same.

And this stuff is just crap. I don't think anythin I have ever gotten from walmart has lasted. They certainly can't claim quality.

Thirdly, the also use the states to pay for the benefits of the workers that they don't provide insurance for and don't make enough to pay their own way. Which is a pretty good percentage of the employees.

My own state actually tried to pass a law that companies making over a certain amount but paying their employees a minimum amount had to pay the state for the benefits the state dished out. Only one company fell in that category.

So for those of you who shop at walmart and don't care for the welfare system, just remember by shopping there, you are helping it.

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 11:33 PM
link   
reply to post by OralFixation

I guess this is a part of American life that they are not going to be able to ignore now is it? They can watch their culture being erroded away one store at a time.

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 11:45 PM
link   
THIS is why...

azrealestate.wordpress.com...

Latinos Account for Half of U.S. Population Growth Since 2000

January 1, 2009 ·

According the Pew Hispanic Center, since 2000 Hispanics have accounted for more than half (50.5%) of the overall population growth in the United States. Also, since 2000 many Latinos have settled in counties that once had few Latinos, continuing a pattern that began in the previous decade. But there are subtle differences in Hispanic settlement patterns in the current decade compared with those of the 1990s.

It's not about Wallmart -
It's about the United States.

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 11:55 PM
link   
reply to post by spinkyboo

It is about anyone who enables Illegal Immigration.

Wal Mart

The government

small buisnesses who hire them

or someone seeing one coming in from the desert and offers them a glass of water.

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 11:59 PM
link   
reply to post by jd140

How about we have immigration raid these stores and see what percentage that is shopping and work there are legal.

Round them up and lead them to slaughter. I hope that is what they are planning.

I have no problem with that IF we do the same to every store across the nation and everybody has to prove they are a US citizen.

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 12:03 AM
link   
reply to post by jd140

Agreed - Illegal immigration to this degree - not a good thing for anyone.
But in regards to this huge rise in the Hispanic population -
... even if the parents were illegals - the many children that are born here
every day - are not.

And that is what we are dealing with now. The children that are now young adults
and those children having children. This is what is happening.

It is no longer just a large illegal population of Hispanics -
It is simply a LARGE population of Hispanics.

And - it will get larger - because we are now in 2nd and 3rd generations of
the original illegal adults.

It isn't going to get smaller no matter how many illegals are sent home...
We are now a more than half Hispanic. It has changed.

It's the way it is.

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 12:04 AM
link   
reply to post by jam321

Fine by me. Heck, they don't even need to raid my place of buisness. They let me know where and I will be the first in line.

Raid the crap out of them. Bust in there dressed head to toe for combat. Scare the crap out of them. Scare them so bad that when they get deported they tell everyone what happened to them and it scares the crap out of the ones listening to the story.

Send a message to the illegals who think they have my rights as a citizen. No mercy for anyone who is found to be here illegally.

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 12:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by spinkyboo
reply to post by jd140

Agreed - Illegal immigration to this degree - not a good thing for anyone.
But in regards to this huge rise in the Hispanic population -
... even if the parents were illegals - the many children that are born here
every day - are not.

And that is what we are dealing with now. The children that are now young adults
and those children having children. This is what is happening.

It is no longer just a large illegal population of Hispanics -
It is simply a LARGE population of Hispanics.

And - it will get larger - because we are now in 2nd and 3rd generations of
the original illegal adults.

It isn't going to get smaller no matter how many illegals are sent home...
We are now a more than half Hispanic. It has changed.

It's the way it is.

Put the kids in an orphanage then. I will not let them breed themselves into a citizen. Send the parents back, the kids in an orphanage and once the parents come back legally then they can have their children back.

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 12:19 AM
link   
reply to post by jd140

The young adults - and their kids are legal.
It's our law.
Not a smart one - but one no less.

It's frustrating - I agree. I'm in California - very few speak fluent English.
It isn't fun.

Communication on the phone - in restaurants - the guys fixing the house next to yours - the gardener..almost all service areas -

This is not to say that these people are not good people -
It is only to say that it is frustrating living in a country where
speaking your own language is no longer working.
And most of the jobs are either taken - or no longer available -
because they want you to be bi-lingual.

Rough indeed.

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 12:29 AM
link   

reply to post by jd140

The young adults - and their kids are legal.
It's our law.
Not a smart one - but one no less.

It's frustrating - I agree. I'm in California - very few speak fluent English.
It isn't fun.

Communication on the phone - in restaurants - the guys fixing the house next to yours - the gardener..almost all service areas -

This is not to say that these people are not good people -
It is only to say that it is frustrating living in a country where
speaking your own language is no longer working.
And most of the jobs are either taken - or no longer available -
because they want you to be bi-lingual.

Rough indeed.

It would not be rough if people stopped supporting non english "citizens". We maynot be able to do anything the ones who can't speak english and that are legal, but we can start solving that problem with my plan.

I found out today through my brother that my dad who is the lead crew supervisor at a construction company is hiring illegals. Tomorrow I am going to call him and tell him that if he does not fire them I will report the company he works for and report that he is the one doing the hirings.

He will have until the end of April to do this, since I will be going there to visit. I will check personally and if I talk to someone who cannot speak english then the call will be placed.

I will also be doing the same thing to any buisness if I encounter someone who does not speak english.

If this causes my family to disown me then so be it. I am tired of living in a press one for english society and will not tolerate it any longer.

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 12:34 AM
link   
reply to post by jd140

I agree. I don't think we should be supporting the illegal Hispanic population.
It is a hefty bill to pay.
I don't think Mexico would have let this happen in their country.

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 12:40 AM
link   

reply to post by jd140

I agree. I don't think we should be supporting the illegal Hispanic population.
It is a hefty bill to pay.
I don't think Mexico would have let this happen in their country.

Then what are you going to do about it?

You already complained about the fact that it is hard to find english speaking citizens in your area. Are you going to act or just accept it?

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join