It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wal-Mart looks to Hispanic market

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 04:13 AM
link   
reply to post by alyosha1981

In your last post you speak nothing but the truth.

WalMart is going after its competitors. Here where I live, my local WalMart has very few Mexican products. However, my local HEB and carnicerias have plenty. In the food products, this local WalMart is losing in the Hispanic market.

Their goal is to reduce the business these stores get or to put them out of business.

There is really no way to stop WalMart and IMO Obama's making work pay program will only make WalMart stronger.

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 04:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by jam321

How is it not helping communities? Does Wal-Mart not collect taxes off their sales?

Wallmart recieves tax abbatements from municipalities for putting a store in their communities sometimes these can last for years and years, when the time is up wallmart simply moves it's store outside city limits and starts over with another municipalitythe cycle repeats search vacant wallmart stores.

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 04:16 AM
link   
reply to post by lucidclouds

"So now lets hate anyone speaking spanish! Maybe after we build a Berlin...I mean a Mexican wall, we can put these spanish speakers in consentration camps. I'm sure that sounds great to you. "

damn Lucid, forget to take your medication today? I know you are a hater, and always been a hater but thats no reason to come in here and start trying to make an ass out of yourself at my expense. You need to get over yourself and the hate you have towards me just cause I dont agree with your insanity. Is this all because I ignored you the other day? boohoo. Get a grip.

I know, lets make a Chinese only speaking wal-mart.
Russian wal mart.
japanese wal mart.
hell, lets justmake a Wal-Mart based on every language.

The reason they are making a spanish only Wal-mart is because of all the illegal immigrants that we have here. If we didnt have so many of them, do you think for one second that these buildings would go up?

Damn get your head out of your ass.

You need to stand up for something once in a while, instead of just sitting back criticizing people who are actually trying to.

[edit on 15-3-2009 by Common Good]

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 04:18 AM
link   
reply to post by RFBurns

I have no problem the way you describe WalMart business practice.

But the fact of the matter is that our government has encouraged outsourcing for the longest as they tried to get us educated and prepped up to become a service industry.

You also have the problem of allowing foreign countries to do any kind of business in the US but we are restricted in many business ventures when we go overseas.

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 04:20 AM
link   
reply to post by jam321

Almost sounds like a monopoly...doesnt it.

Now isnt that interesting? The last monopoly known as "AT&T" got broke up and created competition which flourished the telecom industry to what it is today.

I dont think the free ticket to monopolize the retail market is gonna fly either.

Its just a matter of time when the wally world grip starts to squeeze in your neck of the woods and then when enough people start to complain, wallyworld will be broken up too to return competition as it should be.

Cheers!!!!

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 04:27 AM
link   

But the fact of the matter is that our government has encouraged outsourcing for the longest as they tried to get us educated and prepped up to become a service industry.

You also have the problem of allowing foreign countries to do any kind of business in the US but we are restricted in many business ventures when we go overseas.

Thats part of the problem, and the public wanting cheaper. Now that the markets are flooded with cheap stuff, made elsewhere, which in turn smashes the industries we had here, it is the very reason why so many of those same people getting laid off are complaining about a shot economy.

Remember how things were back in the 50's, the 60's, the 70's?

We did not have a flooded market with cheap products. We had markets filled with equality in products. There was fair trade, now its highly unfair trade...and were paying for it in other ways besides at the check out counters.

It is quite self destructive to turn an entire nation into a service based industry when there is no product to service. Cheap products can be replaced cheaper than serviced, hence you end up killing that service based industry before the first cheap item is even sold.

Cheers!!!!

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 04:32 AM
link   
reply to post by RFBurns

I am with you 100% about walmart practice and I do believe Congress should address the issues we are bringing up.

Here is a thread I did about WalMart back during the election. Wasn't that popular but I tried.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 04:34 AM
link   

During the last 20 years, Wal-Mart has moved into communities and destroyed them, wiping out stores, slashing the tax base, and turning downtown areas into ghost-towns. This is accomplished through Wal-Mart's policy of paying workers below subsistence wages, and importing goods that have been produced under slave-labor conditions overseas. Often, communities will even give Wal-Mart tax incentives, for the right to be destroyed.

Wal-Mart both reflects, and is, a major driving force for America's deadly implementation of the Imperial Rome model. Unable to produce physical goods to sustain its own existence, the United States, like Rome, sucks in imported goods from around the world, using, in this case, a dollar that is over-valued by 50-60%. America has been transformed from a producer to a consumer society. From the 1940s through the early 1960s, through its technologically-advanced manufacturing-agricultural economy, America produced new value that contributed to mankind's advancement. Through a "post-industrial society" policy, the bankers have pushed Wal-Mart to the top of the heap, so that it is now the world's largest corporation, with $245.5 billion in sales last year. Wal-Mart, which produces no value-added whatsoever, dominates the geometry that governs the U.S. consumer society. America consumes goods that others produce, which Wal-Mart markets. Wal-Mart dictates, through its demand for low prices, that its suppliers outsource their production to foreign nations, further ripping down America's battered domestic manufacturing and agricultural capability, in a self-feeding process.

www.larouchepub.com...
walmarthurtsamerica.com...

Wal-Mart] kills jobs and downtowns, say critics, and destroys community character. It’s been accused of discriminating against women, using illegal immigrants, requiring work off the clock and being overly aggressive in stopping the formation of labor unions among its workers.

walmartwatch.com...

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 04:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Common Good

"So now lets hate anyone speaking spanish! Maybe after we build a Berlin...I mean a Mexican wall, we can put these spanish speakers in consentration camps. I'm sure that sounds great to you. "

damn Lucid, forget to take your medication today? I know you are a hater, and always been a hater but thats no reason to come in here and start trying to make an ass out of yourself at my expense. You need to get over yourself and the hate you have towards me just cause I dont agree with your insanity. Is this all because I ignored you the other day? boohoo. Get a grip.

Russian wal mart.
japanese wal mart.

The reason they are making a spanish only Wal-mart is because of all the illegal immigrants that we have here. If we didnt have so many of them, do you think for one second that these buildings would go up?

You need to stand up for something once in a while, instead of just sitting back criticizing people who are actually trying to.

I'm trying....My head is just so large....it hurts....

I'm standing up for something I believe in. Its just opposite of you. In the words of Stewie Griffin "oooooooo...sssooorrrrryyyyyyyyyyyyyyy...."

And using the amount of theads I will say we are winning. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 04:37 AM
link   
i'm with you on this, this kinda...ticks me off. We ALL know that the only reason walmart is doing this is to cater to the larger illegal immigrant population...they havent opened a walmart in chinatown in san fran or in little havana in florida have they? This totally reeks man.

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 04:39 AM
link   
This is niether new, or news, in my area. Wal mart has long been aiming at the hispanic population here, in every dept. So have many other businesses. Not being smug, I just want to point out that they have known and already tapped into the hispanic needs of the community.

edit to add: To clarify, we do not already have a 'separate' hispanic Walmart, just hispanic sections and notices. We do have more hispanic restraunts than any other type of rest. in the area.

[edit on 15-3-2009 by space cadet]

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 04:39 AM
link   
reply to post by jam321

And also in reference to your previous thread, (still relevant to this one) did you know that Hillery Clinton sat on the Walmart board for like 6 years?

[edit on 15-3-2009 by alyosha1981]

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 04:42 AM
link   

That is news to me.

Got any source so I can do some further reading.

Thanks for the info

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 04:42 AM
link   

we are winning?
ok ?

EDIT- If you arent going to be productive in this thread and say something about the topic, then you should just not type at all. Thanks =)

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 04:46 AM
link   

reply to post by RFBurns

I am with you 100% about walmart practice and I do believe Congress should address the issues we are bringing up.

Here is a thread I did about WalMart back during the election. Wasn't that popular but I tried.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I am surprised that it was not popular. It should have been.

I for one like sopapias and tamales and paleteria fruit drinks (awsome drinks btw), but what I dont like is a major US company like wallyworld, that started in the US, turn to specific ethnic market targeting. I suspect that Sam Walton is probably turning in his grave right now over what his creation has become.

Cheers!!!!

[edit on 15-3-2009 by RFBurns]

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 04:50 AM
link   
reply to post by jam321

Sure I'll make my 1000th post(no really!) to put this youtube vid up here you go

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 04:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Common Good

Russian wal mart.
japanese wal mart.

I seriously just realized your that guy from the other thread....I geuss I should have known.

Do I believe "they are making a spanish only Wal-mart is because of all the 'illegal' immigrants" that live here." Sure. They are your capitalist corporations, what did you expect?

I don't hate you at all. KNOW THAT. I hate the way you think. sorry.

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 04:53 AM
link   

Congratulation on your 1000 post

Thanks for vid.

WalMart has power and I believe we all know why.

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 04:56 AM
link   
reply to post by jam321

Thanks Jam, and it seems that the clinton's have their tenticles in alot more than politics
Did I say tenticles? why yes I sure did.

[edit on 15-3-2009 by alyosha1981]

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 05:07 AM
link   

Im glad you hate the way I think, because I couldnt disagree with you more on most of the things you say. I dont like people comming into my country illegally and setting up shop. You hate me for the way I think on that? Great! I feel bad for you though.

BTW- you still didnt say who "we" were. I guess you were just avoiding that all together for a reason.

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join