It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why You May Not Get the Revolution You Were Hoping For

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 01:10 AM
link   
I've been listening to a lot of people lately and it seems everyone is on board with the idea of Martial Law, FEMA detainment camps, and citizen uprisings acting as the END ALL to the way we are familiar with how the system runs in this country and throughout the world.

Well, I hate to burst anyone's bubble but those kinds of earth shattering events will not happen and if they do it will be on a minute controllable level.

WHY?

It's simple really... Do you honestly think the people at the top of the pyramid really want us to stop doing what we do for them? The Capitalist System will not change it's fundamental base which seeks only to enslave and exploit the masses. The PTB will do everything in their power to control us. Even if some of us do riot, what can we really accomplish? They have the means: tanks, guns, missiles, armed forces, technology, communication lines, connections and most importantly the ability to buy people
and everyone has a price.

I don't mean to be a pessimist, I actually see myself, in this case, as being a realist. The only thing that could really stop the PTB and the NWO would be a natural disaster like an asteroid or super volcano. So for the doomsayers and revolucionistas, you better start praying for that.

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 01:18 AM
link   
A realist huh? Whats real to you? Are you sure it's real? I don't assume to be a realist because I don't know 100% of the truth in the world. Though I see your point in your post, I believe that every castle has it's sewers.

As intelligent as they TPTB are, they cannot cover the vast amount of ground that they have occupied over the years. Either way, I also agree that a natural disaster and i mean DISASTER would throw them off course.

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 01:33 AM
link   
What's real to me you ask...

I cannot prove to anyone, or myself for that matter, what is, in fact, real and what is not. I can only judge based off of my reactions and perceptions.

I can tell you this, what I see is people starving, and laboring without an ounce of hope for any change in their future. I hear corporate news broadcasts playing dumb and lying to us all about the motives of these politicians, CEOs, and wall-streeters who make me feel the effects of oppression. I taste the chemicals in my food and water and I smell the pollution in the air. And I know that there is a small group of people who see, hear, feel, taste and smell nothing but MONEY.

But money is not the problem, it is people.

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 01:42 AM
link   
I agree and disagree with you, the issue of money is a viscious cycle. Man created money, and money is in root, evil. Though I feel that if we were to shake off the shackles of money the way it is today, we can truely be free. It's why i support the Venus project.

And yes, I see the point which is made over and over again that man will always have something to strive for even if money isn't around, or man will become lazy because there is no incentive. I feel this is false, because without money, we will be able to strive for even bigger things, like to sail the stars, to explore ourselves.

Anyway, back to the issue, I still feel you give TPTB too much credit. I used to think that we would not stand a chance against our own government with the technology and weapons they have. However, as i do more research and learn more history, I feel the people have good chance. We may not be able to take them head on, but we sure as hell can use guerilla tactics. A man who has lived on a ranch knows the land better than a soldier with gps.

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 02:22 AM
link   
You may be right my friend but there are a few possible valid reasons you might be wrong.

Severe overpopulation taxing the resources and environment of the planet might in fact be causing the powers that be to have to drastically reduce numbers.

Religion may in fact now be hindering science and the spiritual belief systems instilled largely to reinforce government may be hindering the progression of the human race and the power that be plans to advance us forward through science. Most devoutly religious people will not give up their belief system which are all based on circular logic that can not be defeated by scientific argument because it is a faith based and not a science/math base belief. The only way to exterminate religion is to exterminate the people practicing it. That will prove to be very messy.

Science itself might now be challenging the Powers that be as well. While traditional old money has created a well controled set of diverse and competing societies they have managed through a gold based commerce and religious based system and paid for all the technology, the computer geeks of the world have built back doors in almost every system they design and with the click of a button shut the whole thing down, wipe out funds electronically or otherwise defeat the powers that be in carrying out their plans. A power struggle between technocrats wanting to usurp the lead role and the money factions not wanting to give it up may also be taking place. Steve Gates likely has the power to shut 3/4 of the world down with a single key stroke, and you would have to literally shut the whole world down to take it away from him and a few others.

External influences, many of us suspect we are in a slave society world wide but are we slaving simply for powerful humans or is their another life force alien or spiritual or ethereal in nature that is behind the human ruling class that we have all been slaving away for to provide some form of mineral or energy too. If so and a collection is due how will the religious minded masses react to the introduction of an entity or species not in their belief system. Will they rail against it or accept it. Will the population need to be put down in the process, will the population simply no longer be needed once say a collection of a now exhausted resource is completed?

The forced move to one world government, most nations with ethnic identities are going to fear loosing the borders and possibly cultures that make them unique or the system of governance and commerce they are accustomed to. How many people will fight it, in a mathematical formula that such minds in power would use through survey and scientific math based projections what percentage of the population would need to be eliminated because they would fight it, would eliminating it disrupt long term the flow of basic goods and service leading to excess loss of life that would then make the new system unprofitable, inefficient or hard to maintain. If they feel their is no risk in the later then now would be as good a time as any for them to do it.

My perception and thought process is limited by the sum total of my experiences in life and the universe. What other more powerful people than I, a simple humble human and what other entities might be involved that have a far broader, vaster and deeper sum total of life experiences to base their logic, thought process and agenda on?

That I can't say, which is why at this point it is all a guessing game as to what might be happening. The world does appear to be over populated. Tensions between religions does seem to be on the rise. Commerce does seem to be slowing down rapidly and most people now have far more questions than they have answers causing them acute uncertainty about what the future might bring.

Finally there is also a chance that changes in the earths magnetosphere and increased solar activity that is predicted to increase rapidly in the next couple of years has been determined by science to be likely to cause wide spread changes in earths weather, ocean levels, and other things that might directly cause a mass loss of life and also retard or prohibit the growth of adequate crop supplies and livestock to feed the entire planet. Panic would set in amongst most of the populace especially those city bound the moment the first major calamity hit and which reach pandemonium and anarchy levels the second the second major calamity hit especially if in short order of one another.

Rounding up, controlling and possibly exterminating a once again predetermined amount of humans to conserve stored resources for a prolonged period of time might be the only way to ensure any number especially the rich and powerful can survive moving forward.

Lots of possibilities but if by chance your post was meant to alleviate your own fears and anxieties and other people's your heart certainly is in the right place.

The reality is what ever is in store for us, we little people won't know until the excrement hits the fan but the good news is nothing might hit the fan.

The bad news is we all might die, help, help, help mommy, mommy, mommy!

OK I got that out of my system. Me myself I am just keeping my eyes and ears open, not discounting anything, and doing my best to conserve my resources and increase my stores of them. If nothing happens that I need the excess I can donate it to charity well before it expires so that would be a great ending. If something does happen I feel a little bit better prepared for it and it gives me a bit more peace of mind and less anxiety.

The sky isn't falling yet, but if you see it coming down accept that it is an do your level best to survive because I sure don't want to be on grave digging detail in the New World Order if you know what I mean. Most especially my own.

[edit on 15/3/09 by ProtoplasmicTraveler]

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 04:13 AM
link   
If we think in terms of an uprising, who's to say that the citizenry woudn't fight back?

I can see where you're coming from. The way the US is today, I don't really see "everyone" banding together for a cause, no matter how righteous it may or may not be. However, in terms of power - ie - guns, military strength, etc. Who's to say the US population wouldn't "fight back?"

Who would oppose them? The military? We're citizens too - remember that.

Good post. Star and flag.

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Think about it everyone...

There is no way we will be able to stop the PTB with just ourselves. I think we could unite people by getting the information out through the internet about what the PTB are doing to us and what they are planning. But, ultimately I think it would be incredibly difficult to stop or influence people who work in the system for the PTB to stop what they are doing when they are brainwashed to believe that they are the right and just ones while we are radical treasonous barbarians.

new topics

top topics

join