It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Got kicked out of bar for political beliefs

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Never bring up politics or religion in a bar. You deserved to get kicked out for flouting that rule. As for the marine, he has to think way. Otherwise all the training and time are for nil.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 04:20 AM
link   
I'm from London, England... living in China right now. I've discussed "fringe" (soon to be mainstream) politics...9/11, NWO, Ron Paul with friends, colleagues, -even strangers at the bus stop- after plenty of beers hundreds of times. I've only seen it get ugly once, and that was shouting, not fighting.

In England you can get beaten up for supporting the wrong football team or looking at someone wrong, but I've never seen a fight over politics,- people are pretty intelligent and tolerant. They know something is wrong and we have to sort it out. There is a bit of camaraderie and not this stupid immature tribalism you get in the U.S. The most idiotic response is someone will probably just sneer and their eyes will glaze over.

I've also hung around with foreigners for most of my adult life- I can tell you that only the W.A.S.P countries, to my knowledge, have that silly, bourgeiose, "religion and politics" rule- To my mind it's pathetic and middle class. Colombians, Polish, French, Spanish, whoever- tend to be deeply concerned with the state of their respective countries, and like discussing it- Italians are especially passionate.

An angry dickhead is an angry dickhead... the guy would have found one reason or another to start trading blows...

I met an ex-marine at a party a year ago- 30 years old- The guy knew all about the NWO, false flags and Ron Paul. The more he drunk the funnier he got.... I've beeen drinking with officers as well,- built like bricck-***houses and totally non-violent... Some military types seem really chilled out cos they've seen real battle, and get to let off steam in training...

I feel sorry for any sane person in the U.S. right now. It's so strange watching the least informed people in the Western world arguing over nothing. No disrespect to the clever yanks out there... I know most ATS members are cool.
Screw it...move to Austin or move out....

[edit on 13f20094amThu, 19 Mar 2009 04:21:34 -050034 by HiAliens]

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by HiAliens
It's so strange watching the least informed people in the Western world arguing over nothing.

The least informed, eh? Compared, I suppose, to the oh-so-informed Brits, who are under constant surveillance by millions of remote cameras, who are being overrun by Muslims, and who cannot even revolt because their firearms are banned?

Sounds as though the Brits should have been informed before they sacrificed their liberties, their privacy and their culture.

Thanks, I'll stick with the USA, where we at least still have a fighting chance.

— Doc Velocity

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 10:38 PM
link   
I follow this one rule with everyone I meet.

Never discus religion, politics or war with strangers.

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 12:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Doc Velocity

Good point... fair enough. I said that the majority of ATS members are an exception to what I wrote.

The U.K. is the prototype NWO police state, and we are further along the road than you. And yes, it's our fault that they took our guns.

My main point was- outside America it's possible to debate politics in bars without it turning ugly. You can take or leave that....

I don't know how to get across what it's like to see, for example, two Americans screaming at each other over Bush and Kerry in the run up to the 2004 "election", when every informed person knew they were both skullsmen, and cousins.

It's just weird.

[edit on 13f20095amFri, 20 Mar 2009 04:45:24 -050024 by HiAliens]

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by bthomson
I tell him that I love this country, but not what it has become. Thought I'd vent.

putting aside the fact that you blatantly started an argument with a drunk marine (not smart) and that now your upset about it...

What exactly do you love about America?
I hear guys like you say this all the time but it's an empty statement like when someone says they love America and proceeds to trash it every way possible.

What do you love about America? That's it's big?
That's its full of idiots who continually back a corrupted political and governmental system?

Seriously, why say it if you don't mean it.

I love this country, but not what it has become = I used to love this country but not anymore.

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by bthomson
He pretty much got up and threatened to kick my butt because he said I was a terrorist and anti-American. He said all militias are terrorists and the marines would fire upon them in it came down to it. Granted, he had been drinking, but I've never been called so many names in my life. Everyone in the bar called me anti-USA for following Ron Paul and questioning Obama.

People that join the marines army navy etc, are all a bunch of weak individuals, the reason I say this statement is this, why would you join an organization that is always telling you what to do, in my opinion your on the highest step of the sheeple latter if this is the case in your mind it seems to these individuals obviously can't make it in real life or they lack acceptance in general so they join an organization that supports them like a family or a gang for that matter and they gain the mentality of the group mind eg. Just look at the recruiters these guys are hardcore they recruit in low income neighborhoods where they know the kids have low acceptance from friends families are poor and withdrawn and they make the army all glamorous to these pion's it makes me sick thinking they prey on weak individuals shows the whole of it all and where it stems from and the way he acted towards you,was wrong and immature like his upbringing, you did the right thing by leaving don't waste your energy on ignorance its not worth it in the end.

hooora

[edit on 033131p://upFriday by seridium]

[edit on 033131p://upFriday by seridium]

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by seridium

Gee man, ALL people that join the army, navy, etc, are weak? Thank you very much for insulting a lot of my family, and others on ATS.
These people that I KNOW personally are some of the strongest, most down to earth people that I know.

What about the people that were drafted into a war? Are they weak?

I agree, some military people can be crazy, but saying "ALL", is judging based on guilty by association. Poor way of thinking in this instance, in my opinion.:bnghd:

Edit: My step dad, who was in the Navy on the USS Enterprise, read your post. He's laughing real hard right now.

Okay, on topic. I may have missed it, what bar/club was this at?

[edit on 20-3-2009 by Slash]

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 09:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Doc Velocity

Oh no! Another "Were better than you" argument!

I would hate to see this argument in a bar, lol.

Run!!!

[edit on 20-3-2009 by _Phoenix_]

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 12:42 PM
link   

I want you to go into a Veterans' Hospital and say that exact statement. I want you to say that to a marine, soldier, sailor or airman to their face. Who will be the coward then?

I have been through basic training, and schooling. I have taken orders and given them in my career. I never considered my self a coward or a sheeple. I am still an individual, but I have memories and experiences no one can ever take from me. I would do it all over again in a heartbeat. I weep when I see the stories of my fallen brethren not getting the medical care promised to them. I weep when I see the flag draped coffins coming from the aircraft.

The soldiers are my brothers and sisters, and anyone who has ever been in the military would know exactly what I mean.

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by HiAliens

My main point was- outside America it's possible to debate politics in bars without it turning ugly. You can take or leave that....

I don't know how to get across what it's like to see, for example, two Americans screaming at each other over Bush and Kerry in the run up to the 2004 "election", when every informed person knew they were both skullsmen, and cousins.

It's just weird.

In Europe people are worse, they don't only fight but kill each other for stupid soccer games.

Since people in countries like China are not able to freely discuss about politics, they instead keep it down.

You can get killed in China by the government for politics, just like people get killed if they are too religious.

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 05:28 PM
link   
However, I don't think you should get kicked out of a bar for your political beliefs.

These days people are blinded, and i am afraid the pro-Obama people are like the Chavez people. Nomatter what Obama will do, his followers will condone it as being the best, when it is not.

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Obviously you are ignorant onthe history of your own country. People in the military, and before that the civilian militias bled to give you the right to say anything you want. They have shed blood for you, and your family and at the least you should show some courtesey instead of claming ayone in the military is a sheep.

If a soldier is given an unlawful order, the soldier/sailor can refuse it.

There are bad apples everywhere, that doesn't mean everyone in the military is bad.

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 01:16 AM
link   
First of all you can drink in uniform. The marine corps is a division of the navy and there are codes of conduct that include drinking in uniform. Sometimes their are company/ship functions where they serve alchol but they are supposed to be few and far between, but you can have a few beers in uniform as long as you are not on duty. So after your shift if you wanna stop by the bar and not change cloths go for it. Last time I was at an airport bar having a beer in uniform someone picked up my tab. I only had a beer and a burger but it was nice.

Second Marines are nuts and should be ingored if possible. I know and have served along side many. My force protection trainer was a Master Sergant in the corp and he was nuts. You can talk bad about the president but you cant disobey a lawful order. Like you can say you didn't vote for him or I don't agree with his policy but you cant say go screw yourself. Some of these guys are just a little hard core and you know what alchol in excess does to us all.

Plus bars are not like other public places that should have to cater to everyone. All the bars I have been to cater to a specific clientel and that helps cut down on violence. You guys know what I am talking about, you have been in places where you can just tell when someone walks in if they are an outsider or not.

Anywhere I have been that caters to anyone is usually a club, much more dancing security expensive louder and crowded.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join