It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My arsonist neighbor went berzerk today

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 10:03 PM
link   
Hello friends,

Just wanted to share with you what happened at my farm and our rural farming community today.

Many synchronicities, but let me just tell you what happened.

I can still smell the smoke on my clothing from a 3 1/2 hour battle with fire this afternoon. My neighbor an older widow woman (and without going into her apparent psychological profile suffice it to say shes nuts) Carefully soaked the rectangle of winter grass around her mobile home and then began lighting fires in the wind all around it.

Now we have a fairly tight neighborhood and pretty much watch out for one another. Well my family was just loading up at 3pm this afternoon to go over to a friends for a dinner party and as we backed out of the drive way we could see the high flames across the back side of our property.

I drove cautiously but quickly over to the neighbors house where she was standing out with a trickling hose casually watering her 'lawn' all the wile the entire countryside was catching on a fast blaze around her. I asked "can I help?" and she said no . At that point another neighbor met up with me and we looked at the fire each other and I said, she cant handle this... he said afraid so, I said I'm going to go call it in and sped off.

911, and hung up, looking out my back door I could see the fire catching the wind and creating a line that was headed straight for our neighbors corrals and all of his horses. It was headed our way too but the horses were fast becoming in peril. I told my boys to go grab all the pets and get them out to the front yard, ( a mini pin, chiuaua, and scottie all in their cages as we were going out for the evening)

Meanwhile, I made it over to the neighbors as fast as a country girl can drive and coming from racecar driver stock (would have made em proud.)

I spun around in the drive and realized no one was home and to my right the horses were all jumping and baying at the black smoke and a 35 foot wall of wind driven fiery inferno just 100 feet away.

Rastling with the fence and giant horses freaking out all around me, I realized this was going to be difficult ride. Saying a prayer as I continued to attempt to save the horses I look down the 1/2 mile drive to one of our Mennonite neighbors passing by and I practically broke my arm waving him down, by then the entire county could see the fire and smoke as it took over 20 acres in a circle and enveloped an old car on the woman's property.

He backed up and drove 50 miles an hour up to the corral, jumped out and said has it been called I almost cried to him , YES! but they haven't come!, he puled out his cell phone and started calmly shouting in Dutch and then he and I got the horses on out to the next pasture.

It was during this time that we heard a loud explosion which sent seconds after the wall of flames higher and headed right towards us. He received a call and told me, we have to get to your house, its almost reached your chicken house. he didn't even finish and I was speeding back.

Sure enough the blast had shot the fire out in the direction of my house fast and it was again a 10-12 foot wall heading straight to my back door.

By this time the Mennonites had arrived only moments after being called and at least 100 black mennonite cars and trucks came out of every direction and young and old alike, strong healthy people began to surround my property and working in unison as if a single mind, with harmonious direction, they began surround the entire fire with shovels and boots and rakes, you name it.

My sons all proved that they are brave and smart and capable under extreme situations and I could not be more proud of the young men they showed themselves to be today. They too worked in unison and pointed out the equipment, ran for hoses and worked the farm and even saved the chickens. I said &%#@ the chickens, you guys stay in this front yard! They didn't, they battled side by side with the firefighters.

At one point we had over 4 firefighting districts in surrounding counties on my property all working to save the farm and my home, all the while running up the hill from us and back and forth to the horse property next door.

The mennonites were working the fire with their own fire department of their own, and when the 2 first trucks from the county came out, they had some trouble and the Mennonites were the ones to help them get it going. They manned the hoses and at one point you couldn't tell which truck was which as you had county firefighters hanging off mennonite trucks and visa versa.

The people up the road from us have a menagerie, and at any time , lions, tigers, peacocks everything you can think of, and the fire was headed through the forested area up towards their place too.

Rushing through my house at one point early on walking in my home were several older Mennonite women who softly said, " you have things you want us to help you get out?" I said just you guys and my boys, she softly said "if you want to save anything, we are here it is time..." It was at this point I looked behind me at the french doors and the fire was headed to my house.

They helped with the family heirlooms and china, pictures and old lace, stuff that couldn't be replaced.

At some point I stopped to call my Grandma and Grandpa to let them know, and Grandma being part of a very large prayer circle I knew was on it, they couldn't do anything, but their prayers were heard instantly, as the winds completely died, and the fires were dying down quickly with no loss to life or real property.

I can only pray that none of the brave firefighters were injured.

Now, what made matters worse and how this is most appropriate for discussion is that the arsonist woman has done this at least twice before. All the neighbors have jumped in and helped until every last ember was out, and yet never as much as a thank you. Well not done for thanks so it did not matter, until this time.

You see with the entire farming community in flames and people working diligently, the woman told the fire departments to get off her property...

She did not allow access to her property, and so the fire had to be fought by going on the outside of her property which was why it was so out of control. She purposely allowed a mini van to explode, which made matters worse, and scared the crap out of us all.

Through the whole ordeal she stood watering , trickling her little patch of water soaked 'lawn'.

As I left the neighbors a little earlier, the one who came home to all of this and his horses in a safe pasture, I could smell the quail which I have been protecting and secretly planting conservation seed for for many years, I could smell the new born rabbits, and their Mothers. I could smell the fur and hear the cries like babies as the sun was setting and I sat outside thanking existence for allowing this outcome to be seen through my eyes, felt through my gratitude.

I have neighbors, and I have their back, I walk my talk, and for all but one family here, they have mine. I forgive her, I could have taken her by the back of the hair earlier and crushed her face into the burnt ground, and to my burnt trees and fruit bushes, but I feel sorry for her, because she is going to be in very very serious trouble from what I understand through the fire marshals... She is crazy.

With a smile on her face she watched as the beautiful horses almost burned to death, livestock of all kind almost met their death, and what of our families? Had I laid down to take a nap or something, we could have all died.

Friends I tell you the truth, I will never forget that wave of fire headed towards the horses, and me with them dancing and whinnying all around surrounded by flames and smoke.

Now just to be clear here, I have to ask, was it the prayer which saved us all? was the Lord watching over us today and did he stop the wind?

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 10:18 PM
link   
This is the way it should be, all people working together regardless of their individual religions. We all hugged, and we all stood together today. And that is how we define ourselves as the people we are meant to be.

I am dizzy tired, but sent my boys on for the night somewhere safe in case it sparks back up. But you know, it just rained for a few minutes as I sat outside giving that little prayer of gratitude, (which was emotionally interrupted by the smell of the animals in the field) and I felt a sense of peace which I cannot explain.

Thankyou for listening and forgive me for not being very coherent, I think you understand why.

Peace.

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 10:32 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

That's Beautiful, Antar!
(Not your 'crazy lady' neighbor, though)
I think she is crying for help.
You should pray for her.
I'm glad your property wasn't completely destroyed!
I love Mennonites, Amish and German Baptists.
They are lovely people!
And it happened before?
May God bless you!

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 01:16 AM
link   
Wow what a story!

I'm not sure if prayers were answered or not (though I think they were), but I'd be VERY thankful everyone was alright. I also live on a farm and we have Mennonites around us, they are always glad to help out in the community.

What about the old quack? Can't she be charged for this or something?

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Well I dont know what is going to happen to the lady, but I have to say l really feel deeply that existence lives and breathes through each and every one of us, and that I am so greatful this morning when I step out on the porch and look over at the horses grazing peacefully in the far pastures that existence saw fit to allow this peacesful ending to what was a most heroing experience that could have ended with the horses being burnt alive before my very eyes.

I threw my new camera in somewhere to my van, and as soon as I can today I will post pictures of what I explained last night. I have walked around and looked at the site and pictures would be worth a thousand words in this case.

I cant help think that if SHTF, people would come together more than you would imagine.

The woman who started this all belongs to Assembly of God Church and runs the girls youth league, she acts reallly pious and upstanding, but after yesterday it is apparent that she is not what she pretends to be.

I have never been friends with her like I have all of our other neighbors, she just had a weird vibe to me and never came out to help in other community situations like the past icestorms or checking on eachother after tornados, or even sharing treats and sweets at Christmas time.

Like I said in the OP yesterday I was so angry at her and then that anger turned to compassion for her obvious illness and yet today I can only hope for justice.

I am just so happy the horses and the other livestock around us are fine.

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 10:39 AM
link   
To clarify it was notr 20 acres afterall, seemed that way yesterday, but most of her 8, about 3 1/2 of mine and not too much of the nextdoor neighbors with the horses.

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 11:41 AM
link   
I would say something was definitely watching over you and yours antar.
There's an extreme vibrational change going on right now and many people are going 'nuts', as you say. The earth has been shifting 15 degrees on it's axis since 2000 through 2012. This is according to the Hopi/Tibetan Prophecy and we believe it.

Just recently in Las Vegas a poor man suffering from cancer experienced a home invasion. The thugs beat him to a pulp just to steal his pain medications. Now he's afraid to go back to his own home and reasonably so. My husband is Native American and we have been fighting against corruption here for a long time. It's like a war going on, but in the end the greedy and the criminals will loose. It will get worse before it gets better. Good people must work together, like in your case with positive thoughts regardless of religious or political beliefs.

There is a saying in Psychology:"You are only as sick as your secrets." It sounds like your neighbor needed mental help years ago. NO ONE IN THEIR RIGHT MIND smiles when an innocent animal is about to be harmed in ANY way! Our thoughts and prayers are with you and the *Bright Light will Shine Through*.

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by MountainStar

You re right and it is so true that all boundaries and prejudice will have to be dropped to face what is headed our way. But there is always a light at the end of the tunnel.

I am having trouble with my camera right now and photo bucket is moving like a snail to upload the pictures I ahve walked out and taken but here is one of my back yard to get the visual started, and might I add the horses are giving me their FULL attention everytime I walk outside, they have lined up along the far pasture fence to thank me it feels like...

More pictures to come. But this one is to prove that what I said happened did indeed happen. Wait till you see how close the fire came to the corrall...

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Jules! You brave soul! Having endured 3 house fires myself, I know the sheer panic they can incite. How very noble of you to risk yourself to save the animals. (except for those damn chickens-LOL).

I'm going to have to go back to your original post and re-read the story. I'm afraid my heart was beating so fast trying to skim through to see if you and yours were ok that I missed some of the details. You gave me quite a fright!

Do you need any help? Kiss your neighbors for me.

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 09:08 PM
link   
reply to post by whitewave

Better than that I will post some pictures of them for you tomorrow, they are so beautiful. The kids were out feeding them carrots today as the owner let them loose into the field next to ours, to say hello.

Of course they had 5 acres to eat around on and they just 'happened' to end up right next to us as soon as they were let into the field, lol, they are a delight and I truly thank existence for allowing me to see this end in such a wonderful way.

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 09:49 PM
link   
Here is a picture with my bad camera of how close the fire was to the white corrall where the horses were trapped.

This afternoon, munching carrots and saying thank you.

Beautiful face

The best neighbors

And yes even the chickenpets survived... After the fire, later that evening I walked out to make sure nothing was sparking up and I found an egg lying out in the middle of nowhere... Lol! The fire had scared the egg out of one of em.

[edit on 15-3-2009 by antar]

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 10:22 PM
link   
I just found out that some neighbors of mine were taking pictures of of the fire with their cell phone cameras! I will see if I can post some up for you to look at. I want to see them too!

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 12:41 AM
link   
Just glad you're ok. Did the fire get to your house? Do you need anything? Are the kids traumatized or are they doing alright?

Glad to see the pics of the animals doing well. You're a hero.

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 12:57 AM
link   
What a terrifying situation to be in. It's really heart warming that you all pulled together though.
Isn't there anything that can be done about the lady who started it? Surely there must be laws somewhere that can be brought in. She is clearly a danger, not only to herself but others.
Amazing story...thanks for sharing.

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by whitewave

No we are fine but thanks for asking, nothing needed other than the usual tilling and weeding. Some of the tractor equiptment got hit but it burned hot and fast and the metal is blackend but not damaged.

The little mennonite women have been through fires and knew what to do to get my precious stuff out... The house is fine it never made past that big mulberry tree in the back yard. Actually everything will benifit from the burn really and now I can just get the tractor out there and start plowing for corn and grains. It was scary but the kids all have memories that they have come to grips with and have been commended by all family , so they will be just fine. I had loads of insurance on the house so once my books and pictures, china was out, if it had burnt we would have stayed in a hotel and bought a new mobile home probably...

For those that dont know I have 2 mobiles put together and roofed. It is big but has alot of flaws and constantly needs repair... Lol, but its home!

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by geek101

My brother just advised me to contact the county prosecutor and have her held responsible. She really is sick, and she actually drove by last afternoon waving as if nothing had happened...

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

Now just to be clear here, I have to ask, was it the prayer which saved us all? was the Lord watching over us today and did he stop the wind?

I believe it truly was intercession by Christ prompted by diligent prayer and your faith that stopped the wind, and the inspiration of the Holy Spirit revealing to you and the others present the truth of what had to be done moment by moment that saved lives and property.

Sounds almost like the lady who started the fire is subject to demonic possession, though medical professionals will likely label it schizophrenia. May she not be allowed another opportunity to wreak such havoc, and may she receive the help she needs to be healed of her affliction.

Mark 4

38 Jesus Himself was in the stern, asleep on the cushion; and they woke Him and said to Him, "Teacher, do You not care that we are perishing?"

39 And He got up and rebuked the wind and said to the sea, "Hush, be still." And the wind died down and it became perfectly calm.

40 And He said to them, "Why are you afraid? Do you still have no faith?"

41 They became very much afraid and said to one another, "Who then is this, that even the wind and the sea obey Him?"

Praise God! May He continue to bless you and yours.

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 01:42 PM
link   
wow what a day Antar!
I am glad to hear you and yours all made it through this and the animals too, you are all truly blessed!

Originally posted by antar
reply to post by geek101

My brother just advised me to contact the county prosecutor and have her held responsible. She really is sick, and she actually drove by last afternoon waving as if nothing had happened...

I agree with your brother, she should be held accountable and charged formally. She is endangering lives of people and animals. I urge you to speak to the proper authorities in this regard, God forbid something like this happen again.

Bless.

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Icarus Rising

Thankyou so much, after I had taken my boys to a safe place for the night, and I visited with the neighbor with the horses, I sat outside (after coming on bts to kind of share my shock and begin the healing) and the calm was most certainly beyond the usual peace. I felt a strong presence of love and protection, it made the original feelings of taking her face and smashing it into the burnt ash a few times and replaced it with a true feeling of compassion for her.

Interestingly, it began to softly rain and I came back inside and felt peace for the first time that day. I usually watch for weather, and did not know it was supposed to rain, but it did. This was why I felt when choosing the correct forum it was best placed in this spiritual forum. I may think and practice differently than some, but my heart is true and I have been very much loved by the highest of light. Funny how the wind stopped and the gentle rain fell.

As I have stated before I was so greatful that existence which looks through my eyes, was kind to the animals as they are vulnerable and did not deserve to be burnt alive. To think for a moment that the Lord see's through our hearts and experiences earthly plain of existence though us is a huge honor. It was through our hands the days story was told and a happy ending came because so many risked their lives with no thought of anything in return, just to be total in the moment was reward enough.

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Antar, you're such a joy the universe is returning the favor. I am so glad you and everyone are fine and made it through this ordeal ok.
That woman, i dont know how old she is, but she may need help..And soon!!!:shk:

My goodness! Maybe dementia? In any case, she needs to be evaluated and ican only hope she has family that can put her in a safe place for the safety of you , your neighbors and those beautiful animals!

I', sorry you had to go thru all that. Please take care.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join