It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shoe-thrower fans unite online

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Shoe-thrower fans unite online

www.cnn.com

The man many hundreds of thousands of Facebook users honor is no other than Muntadhar al-Zaidi, the Iraqi journalist who was sentenced Thursday to three years in prison for hurling his shoes at then-U.S. President George W. Bush.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 09:45 PM
link   
The main point I want to focus in on here is the part about Muntadhar al-Zaidi being sentenced to three years in prison. I do feel that getting three years in prison for throwing a shoe is a bit extreme but this also sets an important standard. Nobody should be allowed to assault the President of the United States. This type of behavior might be expected from a few if he was talking a walk through the streets of Baghdad but not from a reporter who has been allowed to be in the same room as the President.

This is about setting a standard.

www.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 14-3-2009 by Styki]

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 10:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Styki

Great find, he was merely expressing the feelings of millions world-wide.

He is being charged for war crimes he deserves more than that shoe, he deserves someone's (snip) up his (Snip) like his soldiers did in Iraq. Too bad the world never punishes individuals who have power. Bashir will never be punished also just like Bush.

Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 14-3-2009 by asala]

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ownification
reply to post by Styki

Great find, he was merely expressing the feelings of millions world-wide.

He is being charged for war crimes he deserves more than that shoe, he deserves someone's (snip)like his soldiers did in Iraq. Too bad the world never punishes individuals who have power. Bashir will never be punished also just like Bush.

Might wanna work on the wording of that....

I know certain mods that will not tolerate it, that's all.

Other than that, I agree with ya. Just not the way you put it. Good luck.

[edit on 14-3-2009 by asala]

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Ok Ok Ok. He threw a shoe at our President at the time. I'm surprised he only got three years, What do you think would happen if an American threw a shoe at Mahmood Ahmidenajad!!!!

There are other ways at expressing your feelings then trying to injure a President of a Foreign nation.

The man threw them almost with intensity of going for death! I'm shocked Bush dodged it, and a little ashamed of Security.

The only thing worse then throwing shoes at a president is giving them DVDs of Et, and others that don't work in their country.

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 10:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Ownification

Just a heads up...

... verbally spelling profanity out to people face to face is acceptable, as you aren't actually saying the word itself.

... spelling things out in text letter for letter isn't quite as effective.

[edit on 14-3-2009 by johnsky]

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 10:38 PM
link   
It is legitimate the least. An individual already U2U me and stated I might get banned but if I do get banned for the sake of stating what Bush deserves and should get as his penalty, than be it. That is when I know for sure this is not a place for me, I will take it with a smile.

What I said was not an insult, and everyone who reads it shall know it was not in any ways an insult or disrespect to any people except Bush who stands accused of war crimes.

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Republican08
Ok Ok Ok. He threw a shoe at our President at the time. I'm surprised he only got three years, What do you think would happen if an American threw a shoe at Mahmood Ahmidenajad!!!!

A shoe was thrown at Ackiminajihad...by an Iranian. I guess our media didn't care about it. Will they report the punishment this guy gets???? Or is he already dead and we will never hear about it?

newsbusters.org...

An Iranian website is claiming that Iran's president Mahmoud Ahmadinejad recently had a shoe thrown at him while en route to give a speech ahead of the upcoming elections.

Given the tremendous attention given to President Bush having a shoe thrown at him by an Iraqi journalist last December, one has to wonder if American media will report this incident or ignore it.

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Styki
I do feel that getting three years in prison for throwing a shoe is a bit extreme but this also sets an important standard. Nobody should be allowed to assault the President of the United States.

Maybe that's the problem.

If our "presidents" were to reap the rewards of their conduct (mass murders, torture, rape, robbery and general mayhem), maybe we would not have so many problems with our FUBAR politicians.

These politicians absolutely do not represent me. In any form, fashion or way. Hell, many don't even know the content of the bills they vote on. They are about as American as the typical communist Chinese.

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 11:27 PM
link   
reply to post by RRconservative

It seems as if for whatever reason the media doesn't care about the sentencing of Muntadhar either. I found this article in the tech portion of the CNN website. It's not even about the sentencing it's about people coming together to support what Muntadhar did online.

I am guess this is just old news or nobody wants to draw attention to this guy getting sentenced to 3 years in prison for throwing a shoe at Bush.

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 11:33 PM
link   
Wow...three years for throwing shoes..that didn't even hit their target? Well, that's their justice. I think community service would have been enough. Even though I think the reporter's actions were careless and immature, he provided the world's media with comedy gold.

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 11:51 PM
link   
reply to post by ubergrasshopper

I cannot argue that Bush should come out guilt free in what has been done. What I can say is that we cannot set a standard of letting people assault the President of the United States and letting them get away with it.

Three years in prison is long enough to let others know that this kind of behavior is not acceptable.

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Republican08

There are other ways at expressing your feelings then trying to injure a President of a Foreign nation.

The man threw them almost with intensity of going for death! I'm shocked Bush dodged it, and a little ashamed of Security.

The only thing worse then throwing shoes at a president is giving them DVDs of Et, and others that don't work in their country.

One thing you missed mate;

The US is the one trying to spread so-called ''democracy'' so they should apply to it aswell. Iran is not trying to do this so they don't have to apply any of its laws.

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Bush deserved a whole lot more than some stinky shoes. I am glad that some Iraqi had the satisfaction of expressing himself and it is a real shame he will do three years for it. I hope he becomes a worldwide sensation.

The pillaging of the nations resources and children and money that occurred during the Bush regime in the name of patriotism and Christianity was treason of the most heinous kind. Our Constitution and our Nation were stolen from us. It is shameful that it was not an American that hit the president with a shoe.

All of the Senators and Representatives who hold stock in and listen to the lobbyists of the arms manufacturers who profited hundreds of billions of dollars on the phoney war in Iraq should also be treated to shoes or better yet tar and feathers followed by incarceration for life.

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by laiguana
Wow...three years for throwing shoes..that didn't even hit their target? Well, that's their justice. I think community service would have been enough. Even though I think the reporter's actions were careless and immature, he provided the world's media with comedy gold.

If someone threw a shoe at Obama, what do you think would happen here?

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Styki

Presidents are not royalty and they should not be treated as such. If you threw your shoe at someone in public there would definitely be criminal consequences, but a three year jail sentence is simply absurd.

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Styki

If that's all George ever had thrown at him he should consider himself a very lucky man.

He should also be thankful the shoes were empty and that they weren't full of something else..............(like size 14 feet for example)!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777

Originally posted by laiguana

If someone threw a shoe at Obama, what do you think would happen here?

I can only assume the same thing would happen. Besides, it's the Iraqi court that sentenced him.

[edit on 15-3-2009 by laiguana]

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Thats not justice, three years in prison for throwing a shoe. The man shouldnt of done it, it was a poor way to express his disgust at a man he feels hate for but a 3 year sentence isnt justice the time doesn't fit the crime. I also feel making an example of him isn't justice you cant increase punishments based on who the victim is.

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Anyway Austin Powers said it best....

Real Men don't throw shoes.

top topics

join