It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ark of the Covenant and The Pyramids

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by esteay812
I don't mean to come off the wrong way about the AP subject. It seems from some of the things you post that you don't believe that it is possible and to insinuate that one should use such a thing to solve mysteries is wrong in the sense that that is not how it works, at least not for me.

I am glad for your response and from it, I have learned what I wanted to know.

It took years for you to understand what AP is, yet you say that the obvious question which I have asked is inappropriate or somehow wrong? Have you ever seen the movie "Suspect Zero"? If not, drop everything on Egypt and watch it, now, then come back here.

Yes, I do believe, but I am maintaining the position of a "dummy" so you'll have to better explain to me why AP isn't used for basic day-to-day understanding of where people disappear to.

I appreciate your story and just because you may deflect this question based on your personal feelings, doesn't mean I disbelieve any part of your story. I appreciate it very much.

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by smallpeeps

I can't deflect any questions you have, nor can I explain anything to you that you apparently don't already know. I ca't explain anything to you that happens to anyone else because I only know what happens to me. Though reading experiences of other people helps explain what is happening in whole it doesn't explain what is happening to different individuals. In my case, I "get out", but I also have dreams that I am lucid in as well as dreams that I have a small amount of control over and dreams that I have no control over. They are all different and trying to lead me into an answer that you want so you can validate your point of view is a very interesting way to achieve the desired results. If you want me to be open with you I expect the same of you. Kind of like respect, I demand the same respect I give.

Also, I don't want this thread to merg into a thread about a different topic since I have already started a thread about this topic in the gray area I think it would be better to continue our chat there.

[edit on 15-3-2009 by esteay812]

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 01:46 PM
link   

They are all different and trying to lead me into an answer that you want so you can validate your point of view is a very interesting way to achieve the desired results.

Sure, I always coax the facts out of people. Don't feel threatened by it, because like all other AP/AV people, it's personal so I cannot possibly throw you off center. Just ignore me if I get too pointed.

When you say that you can fly to all these places, my obvious question is why don't you fly anywhere useful? If your goal is to find deeper truth (and you are using a shotgun blast if you throw the pyramids AND the Ark out there) then my further question is, given that you can fly around like that, why use a shotgun and why is your quest so diverse in regards to chronology? These are not attacks, just blunt winnowing questions by an ignoramus on the subject (me). As an AP/RV'er, don't you feel a sort of kinship with the others who can do this? If yes or no, next question is do you feel this goal can be used to help humanity and how?

These questions may actually connect to your chrono-shotgun blast of the pyramid and the Ark so I think I'm on topic. But probably you are talking about at least 5000 year between the building of one and then the other. Yet you lie there with one of the greatest gifts a human can possess, i.e. the ability to leave the body. Why distract yourself from that ultimate gift?

Please note that I wouldn't be able to ask these direct questions without your story, so don't take it as an attack. I'm asking on behalf of all the other "senseless" ones out here.

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 02:04 PM
link   

I say I fly to those places, not I can fly to them. Where I go when I am out is no consequence to me. I ,so far, cannot choose where I go. When I am out I have all my senses, I have control of myself and my flight. But going to specific places is a different thing altogether. The sheer intensity of feeling the senses while out is enough to derail most people. Trying to couple that with navigation from the above is very difficult, especially when you link it to the fact that there is no way to tell how long I am going to be out. The next time I am able to get out maybe I will try it, and maybe I'll visit you. I don't know all the facts about AP, and I am certainly not name calling to you or anyone else who chooses to look into different phenomena. But researching things of interest to me and the things that I experience physically, while possibly subconciously linked, are indeed two different things. I just don't see the connection to researching a topic and having real and personal experiences. Now it seems you are on the cusp of assuming name calling and letting your temper flare, before you do that remember, these are my experiences and though they may not jive with what you know or what you would do if you too could have these journeys, that doesn't make them less important to me. I respect your opinion that these two subjects are linked but how can a "shot-gun blast" of wondering be related to experiences that really happen to me? I am sure that you will link them, but I have to say that they are not and again would ask you politely to defer other AP conversations to my thread in the gray area www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by esteay812 I respect your opinion that these two subjects are linked but how can a "shot-gun blast" of wondering be related to experiences that really happen to me? I am sure that you will link them, but I have to say that they are not and again would ask you politely to defer other AP conversations to my thread in the gray area www.abovetopsecret.com...

Okay, no problem, I just think that the Pyramids and the Ark will not yeild any healing or benificent tech beyond what gift you already claim. That's all I am saying: There is no tech either will yield which will be more marvelous than what you already have, in my faithful little opinion.

If one is looking back into time, obviously they'll think about the Pyramids as their first step. The Ark of the Covenant, however, has no connection to the pyramids --if one believes the cover-story. The Ark was built by someone around the time of Moses. Also around this time, the Sphinx was restored. So if one connects the Sphinx to the Pyramids, then that could be a bridge between the two. I do believe the restoration of the Sphinx to be an important event so that could be the dot between the two objects in your title.

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Some people think that moses wasn't real, and others think his story is one that was passed down through time from earlier versions. I do wonder what the true nature of the sphinx and it's being built really mean.

The more I think about it, what happens to me may be linked to my research of this topic by subconcious thought. I guess you could say I am curious to find if there was ever any method people used to obtain this type of experience other than it naturally occuring. Sorry for saying they aren't connected when there is the possibility of the connection, even if it is a conection I made without knowing I did.

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Some people think that moses wasn't real, and others think his story is one that was passed down through time from earlier versions.

Either way is fine, because it's the people who seek to know about him, that have merit. For example, if one does believe in Moses, then one believes in a person who chooses to intercede between God and his tribe of people.

I do wonder what the true nature of the sphinx and it's being built really mean.

Sphinxes as such were customary to the Pharaohs of the 18th Dynasty and so unlike previous Pharaohs to him, Thutmosis IV uncovered the Giza Sphinx, which perhaps rather than building himself into a Sphinx like Hatshepsut had done, but by honoring the past, he was rewarded? I have never seen monument attributed to himself in the form of the Sphinx so if someone has that please post it here. Well anyway, this dreaming Pharaoh's lineage had quite an affect on the world, to say the least.

wiki/Great_Sphinx_of_Giza

After the Giza Necropolis was abandoned, the Sphinx became buried up to its shoulders in sand. The first documented attempt at an excavation dates to c. 1400 BCE, when the young Thutmose IV (1401-1391 or 1397-1388 BCE) gathered a team and, after much effort, managed to dig out the front paws, between which he placed a granite slab, known as the Dream Stela, inscribed with the following (an extract):

...the royal son, Thothmos, been arrived, while walking at midday and seating himself under the shadow of this mighty god, was overcome by slumber and slept at the very moment when Ra is at the summit [of heaven]. He found that the Majesty of this august god spoke to him with his own mouth, as a father speaks to his son, saying: Look upon me, contemplate me, O my son Thothmos; I am thy father, Harmakhis-Khopri-Ra-Tum; I bestow upon thee the sovereignty over my domain, the supremacy over the living ... Behold my actual condition that thou mayest protect all my perfect limbs. The sand of the desert whereon I am laid has covered me. Save me, causing all that is in my heart to be executed.

Interesting dream this Pharaoh had.

Now I think Moses wrote about a dreaming Pharaoh in his torah, where also the ark was commanded to be made:

Genesis 41
15 And Pharaoh said unto Joseph: 'I have dreamed a dream, and there is none that can interpret it; and I have heard say of thee, that when thou hearest a dream thou canst interpret it.' - Pharaoh to Joseph

And in the next part, Exodus, we see Moses leading his people away in to the mountains/deserts where the ark is said to be built at God's order.

Exodus 25:40 "And see that thou make them after their pattern, which is being shown thee in the mount." - God to Moses

This is where the story gets told, so as we can see, if you are asking about the Ark, you are asking about the author of Exodus, generally assumed to be Moses, who would then have written about his ancestors in his great work.

Now here's what I could find about the Ark:

wiki/Ark_of_the_Covenant

Solomon worshiped before the Ark after his dream in which the Lord promised him wisdom (1 Kings 3:15). In Solomon's Temple, a Holy of Holies was prepared to receive the Ark (1 Kings 6:19); and when the Temple was dedicated, the Ark containing nothing but the Ten Commandments was placed therein. When the priests emerged from the holy place after placing the Ark there, the Temple was filled with a cloud, "for the glory of the Lord had filled the house of the Lord" (1 Kings 8:10-11; 2 Chron. 5:13, 14).

When Solomon married Pharaoh's daughter, he caused her to dwell in a house outside Zion, as Zion was consecrated because of its containing the Ark (2 Chron. 8:11).

King Josiah had the Ark put into the Temple (2 Chron. 35:3), whence it appears to have again been removed by one of his successors.

[...]

When the Babylonians destroyed Jerusalem and plundered the temple, the Ark entered the domain of legend. Many historians[who?] suppose that the ark was probably taken away by Nebuchadnezzar and destroyed. The absence of the ark from the Second Temple was acknowledged. The Ark is finally re-established to the Temple in vision: "Then God's temple in heaven was opened, and within his temple was seen the Ark of his Covenant" (Rev. 11:19 NIV).

Then we get to David and more importantly, his son, Solomon:

en.wikipedia.org...

The biblical accounts identify Solomon as the son of David.[2] He is also called Jedidiah in the Tanakh (Old Testament), and is described as the third king of the United Monarchy, and the final king before the northern Kingdom of Israel and the southern Kingdom of Judah split

[...]

Solomon is described as surrounding himself with all the luxuries and the external grandeur of an Eastern monarch, and his government prospered. He entered into an alliance with Hiram I, king of Tyre, who in many ways greatly assisted him in his numerous undertakings. For some years before his death, David was engaged in the active work of collecting materials for building a temple in Jerusalem as a permanent abode for the Ark of the Covenant. Solomon is described as completing its construction, with the help of an architect, also named Hiram, and other materials, sent from Hiram king of Tyre.

Islamic view of Solomon

Solomon also appears in the Qur'an, where he is called ----- in Arabic, which is transliterated in English variously as Sulayman, Suleiman, Sulaimaan etc. The Qur'an refers to Sulayman as the son of David (Arabic: Dawud), as a prophet and as a great ruler imparted by God with tremendous wisdom, favor, and special powers just like his father, David. The Quran states that Sulayman had under his rule not only people, but also hosts of Jinn. It also states that Sulayman was able to understand the language of the birds and ants, and to see some of the hidden glory in the world that was not accessible to common human beings. Ruling a large kingdom that extended south into Yemen, he was known throughout the lands for his wisdom and fair judgments.

But where is the evidence for Solomon, historically? That's the big puzzle.

I have argued for Amenhotep III as Solomon because he was literally all over the Agean sea not to mention Mittani and Nubia, he was the Alexander of his day but was unfaithful at the end of his life. But it's also said that he finished projects of his father, the dreaming Pharaoh, and also perhaps his son finished projects of his.

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Nice work on putting this together. I have to ask if you believe, literally, what the stories are saying, or do you believe these stories are re-tellings of earlier versions? It is interesting that he wold place a slab between the Sphinx's feet.

I also have to wonder who king david is, literally. Here is a link to a page you might enjoy: www.davidicke.com...

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Nice work on putting this together. I have to ask if you believe, literally, what the stories are saying, or do you believe these stories are re-tellings of earlier versions? It is interesting that he wold place a slab between the Sphinx's feet.

I believe in the gospel and also the part where Jesus is seen transfigured standing next to Moses. I believe that the true Jesus understood Moses on both levels, hidden and revealed. As to who Moses was, history points to a certain ancestry which is cloaked under the patriarchal Torah and associated books.

I do believe in the documentary theory and that the Torah was edited, but these editors did not affect or bury the truth. Also I believe certain tombs were preserved until our modern day for a reason.

I also have to wonder who king david is, literally. Here is a link to a page you might enjoy: www.davidicke.com...

I have no opinion on Mr. Icke but that he's a good fellow. As for who David was, I really don't know, but I think he may have been Ahmose I who finally kicked the Hyksos out of Egypt. The bible says that Saul (First King Ever) was mocked because David had killed more of the enemy. Such musing might be applied to Ahmose who was a warlord outta hell, taking back all of Egypt. It was he who began the 18th Dynasty which ended with Tut.

We can see the north versus south of the supposed Israelic Kingdom having actually been achieved in the union of Egypt and the Ahmose dynastic line and 18th Dynasty. Well, it's better to have a real theory with tons of circumstantial evidence than to have a perfect fantasy without even a shred of it, says I.

I have no idea if this is true, but it's all about Moses, really, who was essentially an Egyptian priest with Hebrew blood. Let's also remember that Joseph was "buried in a tomb in Egypt" according to the Torah.

It is obvious to me that humans have and will always be remarking and even associating themselves with the pyramids. The events of or around 1500-1000 BC however are probably the formative events of our domain today and the Ark comes from that time, presumably.

I'm also very interested in Akhenaten, who might have gotten totally sick of the Pyramids and of all the religion which even preceded the 18th dynasty. He may have desired not to even see the pyramids at all.

It is interesting to contemplate why a Pharaoh would associate themselves with the Giza plateau and another would not.

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Again, a very well put together post. I wasn't suggesting Ickes theories or his perception of reality, with anyone on every subject, you have to take what you will and leave the rest. The particular page I am referencing has a few nice posts and information quotes I think you would find interesting on this subject.
You mention, I think, the not visible Moses or something to that affect, can you elaborate?

The hidden Moses.

Also what do you think about the idea that a caucasian race emanted from the caucasus mtns and pretty much enveloped the globe in the ancient and biblical days?

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 09:31 PM
link   
I'm talking about your post being on the wrong forum and the Mods allowing it when it really belongs in the garbage can.

reply to post by Learhoag

What are you talking about? You are too smart.

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 10:26 PM
link   
Is it on the wrong forum? I am so sorry I upset you, is there anything I can do to make it better. I really don't wan to to make you mad, since everything should obviously rotate around you and what you think. Please, try to contain your infinite wisdom. By the way, I can think of a couple of things that need to be in the trash, we can start with your attitude. Then you can continue the list with putting your assumptive nature there too. The 3rd thing you should place firmly in the garbage is your need to post material that has nothing to do with the topic being discussed. I don't think you should worry about what the mods should do with anybody's thread, let them do their jobs, and if you want to post you should post on topic. If you want to worry about that kind of stuff you should open your own website. I have seen several threads where you post and I don't think I have seen a single instance where you add a single thing to the discussion, besides negative vibes about how wrong someone is about something. I guess instead of attacking the content of my thread (which I suppose you couldn't do intelligently) you had to attack the thread even being posted where you deem it doesn't belong. I think you should stuff yourself in the garbage can with those kind of replies to people who are just trying to have a good time and get a little more educated at the same time. I think the mods did a great job of recognizing the connection and relevance of this thread and the reasons it should be allowed on this forum. What is it with people like you? Someone must have done you horribly wrong some where. I will truly pray for you and hope that everyone else who reads this prays for you as well. How miserable it must be to have to live in an awareness where you have to attack people for doing nothing more than trying to get other people's opinions and discuss topics that interest them. I truly hope you realize how you are acting. I'll quit ranting now, but you should really re-evaluate the way you approach things here and probably in the real world too.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Is it on the wrong forum? I am so sorry I upset you, is there anything I can do to make it better.

Don't worry esteay, this is an important topic. Just ignore the trolls or if you don't want to see their drivelous back-and-forth banter, then click the "ignore" button though I myself have nobody on ignore because I can do it without a button.

If this thread is getting too archaeological or human for the UFO crowd as this individual seems to think, then let's talk about why Nefertiti's daughters were sculpted with alien-looking heads by the Amarna artists? That won't shut him up but it will remove his argument of non-relevancy.

Your topic is crucially relevant, so keep up the good work and don't worry about the trolls and people who come to ATS just for this OFU/Aliens forum. Even if they move your topic to one of the more human forums, it will not lose any of its importance.

[edit on 19-3-2009 by smallpeeps]

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 07:21 PM
link   
arkofthygodsstrength.com...

allow me to be the party buster if you don't mind. i first heard about this right here on ATS. letthereaderunderstand posted it for us in a scott creighton forum if i remember right.

i'll give a few hints but i don't want to spoil the surprise. it's really breathtaking if you ask me. i don't see any holes in this theory but what the hell do i know.

hint: the ark held a recipe
hint: king david danced naked in the streets when it was returned to him

have fun!

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mozzy
arkofthygodsstrength.com...

allow me to be the party buster if you don't mind.

Ah, yeah. So the Ark was a portable Meth-Lab? Gotta be one of the more usless links I've bothered to click. Uh, but thanks!

I think it is more important to examine the people and forces who were alive when the Ark was created, by Moses. So much was created by this person, Moses.

But if Moses didn't have a big grey head or a spaceship, I guess it's not got the sizzle to sell it to the UFO crowd?

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 07:55 PM
link   
did you even read the link?

it's really good.

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 04:14 PM
link   

did you even read the link?

it's really good.

A zero-information post? Wow, thanks for contributing nothing. On behalf of the abyss, no really, thanks.

From your link posted:

Also, the term “burning bush” and many other commonalities of the stories of Moses and his peoples journey through the deserts of Egypt can also be explained by a literal translation of “burning bush,” and manna to meanacacia, calamus, sassafras or more specifically ephedra - amphetamines and so on.

And, thus the Batteries of Baghdad explained and The Ark of the Covenant returned to Jerusalem!

Norman Christian Hoffmann

I am the Messiah

That's what you call "really good"?

The Messiah is promoting METH as the secret to all the bible's mysteries?

Meth rots your teeth and wrecks families. Also useage has steadily increased because s**thead drug dealers are trying to hook the world on it. I'd say get off the meth and find a new Messiah if you feel you need one.

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 06:01 PM
link   
i don't know why you'er so offended. it's a solid theory and a good idea. maybe only current meth rots teeth. ark meth was probably space quality or something. and no i don't do that stuff.

just think about it. those herbs reduce to make either ecstasy or meth there's no question about it. they had to approach with an open flame in hand and wear protective vests. it kept people alive for days on end.

you never saw "thou shalt not do meth" in the 10 commandments did you? now you know why.

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 06:55 PM
link   

you never saw "thou shalt not do meth" in the 10 commandments did you? now you know why.

Troll.

Sooo, then by your logic, whatever isn't in the 10 commandments must be allowed? Put down the keyboard, before you hurt yourself.

To derail this topic like you are trying, would serve your purpose.

To equate the making of essential oils to the creation of meth is absurd. In fact, humans are addictive creatures and what is in effect in this current world, is a strategy of tension in which the common human is placed in very difficult economic circumstances and yes, when in tough situations, people will take flights of fancy, i.e. use drugs (things distilled or processed from plants).

If the mods want to smack you, that would be fine with me. Personally I guess your goal would be to get this thread moved to the drug forum where it might get less traffic? Take your ideas on meth and religion there please.

Wow, anybody want to defend this UFO/Aliens forum? I know there's people in here who connect aliens to ancient crap dug up in the ground? Well where are they now?

Ah what the hell, just let it drop. Methhead Messiah is more interesting than most of you anyway. Go on dude, tell us more!

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 06:07 AM
link   
man you've got some serious problems. all i did was show you a webpage. you're the one that was talking all kinds of psuedo science bs about the pyramids and whatnot. at least what i'm backing has passages from the bible to back it up.

besides, and no offense, but this thread was dead anyway. so don't use that as an excuse. i was just trying to keep things interesting. it's a good theory.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join